Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Getting fed up with Kaneda constantly shilling for JJP and slamming Stern at every turn.

He does?

Quoted from Thunderbird:

We get it, you won’t buy anything Stern

He did

Quoted from Thunderbird:

and everything JJP, all 5 of their machines produced over a 10 year period.

He didn't.

6 months later
    #248 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

Art is subjective, but that is probably true...

I‘ve never happened to stumble upon an Alien themed Lunchbox.

#251 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Amazon is your friend:
    amazon.com link »

"Stumble upon"

( But it DOES look better. XD )

#272 3 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Kaneda is the truth teller to the powerful. Someone who will not stand for subpar standards and execution. Look at the changes to the play fields in the past 18 months, with even JJP recognizing thenprofblem. Now, Mirco is installing posts in previously untouched and unharmed real estate.
    In terms of his opinions, Chris is someone who has the pulse of the community. He knows what we think, and his goal is to push the community and hobby forward. Often to the detriment of his own ratings. He really tries to focus on the consumer, and does at time get bogged down in the quagmire.
    I for one am glad he’s back. There may be obeyed leaders, but he is someone with the will and and desire to effectuate change. No am glad he’s here, and he is in the proper role. Chris Kaneda, 6/28/21.

It‘s

just

pinball.

#338 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

The most embarrassing is the pinball show on the network. So much effort put in and they were almost 4th place.

You're not even competing yourself, yet still being a horrible sport.

#359 3 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

FWIW, love your show. It's energetic and very positive.

I'll sign that.

Only show that surpasses that positivity is the Puppet Palz (wich I nominated and that sadly didn't even end up in the Top10).

ZMeny
    There is one thing tough that I think holds TPS a bit back, wich is that all shows follow the same rules, so they're kinda... "predictable".
    You have the weekly news (wich many just read on TWIP), then you talk about them, then comes the pinball market trends etc.

This has two downsides. First is, when there is no news, there not much beef to the show (while Kaneda just makes something up his bum).
    -> Just give us more of you and Dennis and above ground pools!

Second, you can't just skip an episode that is "not for you". Like, when Kaneda goes on a 10 podcast run about pooling or anything else and two podcasts in forgets that his "facts" are assumptions he made up himself 2 episodes ago, I just don't listen. If I listen to the Final Round (wich is great) and here comes the part where they talk about competitive pinball, I can't/ won't fumble with my phone while driving.
    -> You can't and srsly won't change your show to that, but I still laugh my butt off thinking about that Hobbit Discussion you had with Dennis. Why not just make pure News show once a week (and maybe not on the same day the TWIP update hits, so you won't have the exact same news). An additional Market trends episode once a week. And maybe an additional smacktalk episode now and then.

#375 3 years ago

I want an AKIRA pinball!!!

#399 3 years ago

Well you don't need to add a hefty dose of creative freedom with his statement, and still be right.

Like with the "Sonic" Homebrew his interview might have given it the edge, not that it was "soley because of".
    Even he admits that it's speculative altough he'd like to belive that.

I quit listening to that episode also.
    He IS right in some regards and YES I was bummed with the 30 minute wait till the video starts as well (especially since it was allready 1AM here), BUT he ALWAYS ignores every aspect that is not in his line of sight. Like producing this kinda content, trophys and stuff costs money that has to be re-earned somehow.
    And no, you can't air this shit half an hour earlier because you're paid that people actually watch that stuff.
    Better have it as a warm up then one commercial between each TWIPY.

So better Do the TWIPY the TWIPY way and have the TWIPYS, then doing it the Kaneda way and end up having nothing (because there was no budget).

2 months later
    #438 2 years ago

In my opinion flynnibus an kaneda should get along really well, they're both full of smack.

But yeah, you don't "expose" people (for whatever pinball shit), I thought we're over that.

#506 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

What I don't understand is why he just doesn't do what he enjoys and leave everyone else to do their thing? Why torture himself like this?

I think he DOES do what he enjoys...

#508 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Agree. I don't think he particularly likes pinball much at all but I am very sure he likes trying to feel important.

The first thing I'd not necessarily agree with, and the second... well who doesn't?

I know you like a good scoop, digging up all that Deeproot stuff, for... what reason exactly?

#519 2 years ago

It's interesting and fun?

I wouldn't agree that it's fun to poop on other peoples work in the public, but if it is we may have our reason why Kaneda enjoys it so much.

(And: Not to poop on you either. Everyone likes the Spotlight is what I wanted to say. - Kaneda is playing in a different league though. XD )

#521 2 years ago

My opinion is, if Kaneda would have someone to talk to he wouldn't need to cover every position in an argument.
    That is basically what he is doing all the time, having a discussion with himself over the course of his show.

- "Don't buy any game without playing it!"

- "I would buy Mando sight unseen if I were you, because the prices will explode."

- "How can you buy that cheapass lackluster Stern games that give you nothing?! Vote with your wallet and don't buy!"

None of this positions are "wrong", they're just all from a different point of view... from the very same Person... wich also is very 'absolute' when talking...

...and then says "I SAID SO!!!", and he doesn't even lie, he just said the opposite also. -_-;

#524 2 years ago

Look, I have no vendatta against Kaneda nor wish him (or anyone else) ill will.

Not even Robert Mueller?

I've read about some things he's done that have crossed lines and find his frequent flip flopping both funny and borderline maddening. That said, I also really enjoy the majority of his interviews, like how he summarizes pinball news, and think pinball rumors can be interesting even if they don't pan out.

Amen to that, especially that "frequent flip flopping both funny and borderline maddening" part.

I like Kaneda as long as he's not on a rant loosing it or borderline flip flopping (even in the same sentence) wich gives me a headache. I just don't click on any playfield episodes and if he starts to loose within an episode I turn off.
    But speculation is fun, and he is very good at building something up talking. But I'd never ever hire him, because he's very quick with the backstab!

#526 2 years ago
    Quoted from alex_m:

3AM in Germany and DS_Nadine up posting about kaneda....go to sleep good sir

I'm heavily bored on night shift, that's why I post so much shit right now... XD

Edit: You have to induldge me for 2 more hours.

#556 2 years ago

I wonder...

5776B059-2CC0-4E97-A594-ABDDCE21CFD4 (resized).png5776B059-2CC0-4E97-A594-ABDDCE21CFD4 (resized).png
    #560 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

My screen doesn't look that much different. The funny thing is I think I only have two people on ignore in all of pinside but I see "ignored user comment" in pretty much every thread.

Same*ish*

(I think it‘s 5 or so...)

#589 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I only listen because I'm waiting to hear interviews with the industry leaders at Stern and JJP. When is that stuff going to start? It's gotta be anytime now, right? Surely the biggest names in the business want to be on the number one pinball podcast...
    By the way... I only measure my self worth by the number of twippys I have.

Not by the listeners numbers and voting base? Poor shmuck!

I honestly wonder why they're still talking to him at all (when he recently said he'd a call with George Gomez).

Wow, I mean I'd give my testicles to meet George Gomez and Steve Ritchie!
    (And yes, I have children and I don't want more, so...)

#594 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And you’ve always wanted to sing the soprano parts?

The pin would do.

#604 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I find myself on a daily basis almost desperate for distractions from my current situation...

That's what got me into pinball.

Whatever it is... godd luck to you, I hope it get's better.

If it's something you can change, take the chance.

#616 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm confused why he repeats each sentence twice and talks about himself in third person.

He underlines his position, while still allowing him to talk quikly yet by repeating giving him time to think.

The "we" is him and you, so subconciously he talks for you, is your voice makes you agree and bond.
    (If you ever hear the News Moderator say "We (don't want his)", just turn it off. It's propaganda.)

The other third person is Kaneda vs Chris, so he can basically allways fall back that Kaneda is an alter ego/ art character and not himself, if he needs to distance himself from something too stupid.

Kaneda IS very good with this. He's also good to structure his shows, like intentionally teasing the good part you tuned in ("I'll reveal what XY next game is") but getting trough all the other stuff first. - So you're on your toes listening.

3 weeks later
    #838 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Patreon exists for the scammers like Kaneda?

Mostly artists and as alternative for broken youtube commercial remuneration rules.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ds_nadine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=ds_nadine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.