Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#44 3 years ago

Kaneda's back!.gifKaneda's back!.gif

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

... Looks like he's going to try and have a more positive attitude going forward. ...

It will be interesting to see how long Chris holds to this given how many times he has made other declarations of change, but then reverted back to his former self/style.

Just part of the Kaneda personality that makes him entertaining to listen to though and I'm glad his podcast has returned. Warts and all.

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

... Nice to have him back.

Refreshingly so. Agree with him or not, Chris has communication talents that many other podcasters can only wish for.

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

LOL! You think it's only been 4 years. Try forever! I don't have a party I like, so I'm not taking sides, but being lied to is as American as slice cheese

The difference is that it has become blatant. To an absurd degree. Consequently, we as a society have become numb to it.

So if a podcaster says one thing and then does another, it's just another day on the internet.

#151 3 years ago

One of the things I find interesting about Chris is how he goes back and forth on his opinions and judgements.

Case in point: Jersey Jack releasing information about GnR before they're ready to ship it. For years now he has railed (and railed and railed) about how JJP should NOT announce a game before they are ready to ship it within a few weeks. In his latest podcast (#505) though, he now says that they are making a mistake by not doing so and questions what it would hurt. Even though he supposedly does not know how soon they will be able to produce it.

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

What is fascinating to me is that there are members in here with thousands of posts. It's pinball. Some of you guys should watch this, and take Shatner's advice:
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/trekkies/n9511

Gee ... thanks.

Oops - there's another post!

2 months later
    #228 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

This is the dumbest stunt he's done yet.

Pretty dumb indeed, but at least it wasn't another "my Master" or "Tony Montana" episode. (Thank God!)

Quoted from iceman44:

.. the “Stern interview” lasted about a minute for me. It was NOT entertaining ...

Yep - same here. Fast forwarded to the end as It was rather disappointing.

3 months later
    #249 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I‘ve never happened to stumble upon an Alien themed Lunchbox.

Amazon is your friend:

https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELECT-TOYS-Aliens-Lunch-Box-with-Thermos/dp/B00T8JZ71G/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

#254 2 years ago

Congrats to the "K Man" ! Well deserved!

#283 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My curiosity stems more from a sociological viewpoint: I truly can't figure out why the hell people are so interested in the opinions of somebody that owns one game, has never restored a game, has no appreciable repair skills that he's ever shared with anybody, and has seemingly been wrong on his facts more than a weatherman. ...

I don't listen to Kaneda for insightful gameplay opinions or tech info. Thankfully, he doesn't really spend much time on these as they are obviously not strong points of his.

His main deal is marketing and the business side of pinball. Right or wrong, he has interesting opinions and his podcasts are typically entertaining as well as informational.

#288 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

So two things he's never actually participated in. Seems legit..

His professional job is marketing.

#292 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Marketing Pinball?
    Marketing commercial vending?
    Does he have any experience running the actual product business or bringing products to fruition? No
    His career is marketing campaigns for other people's products. AKA coming up with the impactful ad campaign to drive interest and eyeballs. Not the business of picking the product, nor owning the business decisions of the company/product.
    His role is to come up with the commercial/gimmick to sell/promote your idea/product/brand.
    Literally his job is to just make people talk about you. Which is what he does in his hobbies and no matter how unqualified, how wrong, how hateful, how ignorant of the topics he pontificates on... some of you can't get enough because you "just want to be entertained"
    Ads are meant to generate buzz... or generate awareness. Not be the source of truth.

Oh FFS

2 months later
    #484 2 years ago

Kannada???

eh-moose (resized).jpgeh-moose (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #600 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm not surprised that most of the respected people in the industry & pinsiders think he's a complete douche-bag narcissistic & nothing more than a cancer to the hobby & all the notorious trolls and clowns buy his wolf tickets on his Facebook posts. He's been chased off and banned from a few forums and still has his head up his own ass so far that he can't even see it. Maybe that's why he squints when he's spewing that crap

Ooooookay.

#635 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I know this is a side topic but imo PotC is overrated not very fun. ...

Quoted from jimwe5t:

Couldn’t agree more. POTC is only a game others want because it is very limited, but boring game play. POTC removed the 2 most fun mechs in the game that would have made it interesting. ...

LOL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.