Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#721 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Remove the songs, GNR theme, artwork, integration too while your at it
    GREAT game! And THAT is why it sells for outrageous prices. The market is speaking.
    That’s pretty much it end of story. Huge demand
    Drop that mic. Lol

I would bet big money that most of the people paying outrageous money for GNR CE's haven't actually played it, or at least haven't put more than 20 games on it. GNR is amazing experience when you first play it; not much in pinball could beat the first time I played Live and Let Die. But after the shine wears off, it's probably not worth paying 20k for. So while I'm sure there are exceptions, I don't see most people who've put time on a GNR actually paying a premium for it. The MSRP is probably about where the price should be sitting.

6 months later
    #1006 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

I really enjoy the entertainment that his podcast and videos provide. I support him through patreon because of this.I also support other pinball content creators through doations and merchandise, but Kaneda is my favourite........ I get that his content can be divisive to some, but demonising the guy just for making content is rather silly.
    There are plenty of other great pinball content creators if Kaneda isn't your cup of tea. TPN have great shows and streams, as well as IE Pinball, deadflip etc. There are plenty to choose from

Ah, every few months someone comes along and claims that people are defaming Kaneda because of the content of his shows.

While that is part of it, newer folks don't understand that a lot of people don't like Kaneda because of his previous very-foul behavior on, and off, Pinside. And in person. Such as when he threw a drink in Tim Sexton's face at the 2019 NYC Pinball Championships and had to be physically removed from the event.

I personally can look past that stuff. As I think he has matured a lot over the past year, and he seems to no longer make unpleasant personal attacks against people. And I think having a child has certainly made a big impact on him, as it does every first-time parent.

Buy yeah, a lot of people have long memories and some aren't so quick to forgive. So there's a lot more to the Kaneda-hate then simply not enjoying his show. I like his content, because he's different. In both good and bad ways, but still different is good when so many shows cover the same ground.

#1167 2 years ago

Yeah, pretty sure Chris' brother is named Alex. I remember when I first saw his name pop up on FB, I thought they must just have the same last name by coincidence.

Because I assumed there's no way someone's brother would post some of the shit he does about him. But I guess he does, and he is!

Slso, pretty sure they aren't identical looking. So I wouldn't worry about Kaneda's evil twin taking over the blame streams like some kind of soap opera shtick.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=DakotaMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.