Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#312 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Hilton was caught trying to sabotage the Twipys against Kaneda a couple of years ago. He even admitted to it on Pinside.

That’s pitiful

#336 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I never tried to listen to The Pinball Show until today. It was awful. Do all these podcast hosts have to be so insufferable? I don't understand how people enjoy this stuff. Especially the endless banter about unrelated things and the condescending attitude they all seem to have.

Pinside Babies, alive and well!

#354 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Yeah. I mean I tuned in to listen to a pinball podcast and I hear you complain endlessly about someone doing something normal because it inconvenienced you in the smallest way. It's only a matter of time before spotify knocks on your door with a $100,000,000 podcast deal.

#356 3 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Tough words coming from a Twippy loser
    Not into ice cream, but we have drank the Kaneda cool aid and obviously more than just some of us like it. As the numbers dictate, Kaneda kicked the TPN's ass around the block and it wasn't even close.
    Is Kaneda perfect NO but who is. For some of us we like the entertainment and having someone who will actually hold the manufacturers accountable for what they offer up. Unlike others who do nothing but cheerlead in order to make bank

I enjoy listening to Chris sometimes...he can be entertaining. But to claim that he's somehow this ultimate unwavering force that holds manufacturers accountable is laughable. He's a "do as I say, not as I do" kind of person. If he truly wanted to hold manufacturers to account, he wouldn't have bought RM or GNR sight-unseen when they weren't in a box... and before any manufacturing issues (e.g. playfield chipping) were known.

He does and says whatever he wants, at his own convenience.

Also, he's a terrible source for advice on what games play well. If Chris Kooluris is your guide for deciding which games to buy, then your loss. He makes grand sweeping claims about games that he has zero experience with. So, while his comments may seem unfiltered and entertaining, he's hardly a source of reliable information in that dept.

That said, he can be fun to listen to, especially when taken with a grain (actually a heap) of salt... just as Zach and Dennis can be entertaining (more so, IMO).

If you want to follow some folks that hold manufacturers to account AND seem to walk the walk they talk, check out Buffalo Pinball. Just as entertaining, they speak their mind, and have tons of great insights.

2 months later
    #494 2 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

Am I the only one that is astonished, that Kaneda has spent at least a few hours on this “Who is Flynnibus?” question…Facebook threads, two 20-30 minute live Facebook videos and whatever amount of stewing on his own time, when a simple google search using “Feeling lucky?” Gets you the answer.
    Then think to yourself.. this is a guy that so many people turn to for “insights” into pinball but can’t use even the most simplest use case for a search engine?

That’s hilarious

#505 2 years ago

99% of the people listening to Kaneda are well aware of manufacturing issues in the industry. It's no secret. He can voice his opinion, but I doubt that it will sway these companies one way or the other. What will sway the companies is our wallets, we the consumers have the ultimate say.

Kaneda says that his mission is to get comapanies to make the best possible products with the best worlds under glass... if his word was so heavy in the manufacturing space, you'd think that 4 years of it would have changed Stern. It hasn't. And as far as I can tell, JJP is still doing JJP. WOZ set the standard long before Kaneda got kicked off of Pinside. Same for Spooky. Spooky hasn't broadly changed because of him.

Yeah, he kicked the bear when it came to HP. But that was bound to surface one way or another, just like SkitB and others.

The constant drama and appologies wear thin... and that's what this is really about. First time something happens, an appology clears things up. The second... the third... the fourth... it gets tougher.

What I don't understand is why he just doesn't do what he enjoys and leave everyone else to do their thing? Why torture himself like this?

#532 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

There is no narrative with the playfield issues as it's been well documented.
    The thing is Kaneda is the only one that is seriously putting it out there and trying to hold the manufacturers feet to the fire and get resolution.
    It's highly unlikely it will happen as most of the other podcasters especially the TPN guys who have all drank the cool aid of BUY,BUY,BUY and are a bunch of lemmings following the goat lover that can't sing
    We know where his interests are $$$$$
    They all have a "buddy" connected in some fashion i am sure, so very little objectivity when it comes to calling them out.
    Is Kaneda an ass at times 100% but so are we all and I am sure some will call me an ass for putting this out there, so let the down votes start

Does it matter? Let’s see some proof that Kaneda has effectively changed anything in this industry.

This isn’t the first time playfield issues have happened... And he’s bitched about it before. Do you honestly think that created change? Apparently not.

#535 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey I know it hasn't and likely won't either, as the masses keep buying NIB even knowing we are getting shit on by the manufacturers.
    My point was that very few of the other podcasters are willing to say anything to hold them accountable (Cary Hardy is one exception) as they either have a connection, still want to get "the interview" or are making $$$$ off of their silence.
    It's all a disservice to those who buy NIB

Buffalo Pinball has...

My point is, does it really matter what they say? Again, Buffalo, this Cary whoever, Kaneda... they aren’t driving decisions made by these companies. If they were, things would rapidly change.

And for those other pods, It’s not a disservice to people buying NIB... those people have access to plenty of information make an informed decision.

This, of course, assumes that the playfield issues are widespread. Not to downplay, because it sucks for anyone experiencing them, but the one piece of information we really need to know is what percentage is affected. Also, there’s little information on how each case is handled.

#552 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

It IS a disservice when you have certain people acting as the head cheerleaders for some of these companies to make bank and or stay in good with them.
    Are the issues widespread I would say no BUT at the price of a NIB game there should be very few issues if the QC is any good which apparently is not the case at most of the manufacturers.
    If there is a problem it should be resolved in a timely fashion and from what we see here on Pinside (even if we are all cry babies) it looks like most cases are not easily taken care of........ Just saying

I agree that there should be very few issues... but show me where any pinball company guarantees no issues. I don’t see it in writing from Stern or JJP. It’s certainly not in the warranty. I’d assume most of us go ahead and buy anyway.

I think buyers that come and cry to Pinside are less likely to get help. The best thing to do is work with your distributor, then the manufacturer.

6 months later
    #1158 2 years ago

Since this guy is making people pay for content, I guess he needs to start paying fees to all of the music acts he's been ripping off for use of their copyrighted content?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 27dnast.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now?tu=27dnast and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.