Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 27.
    #401 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Thanks for using paragraphs. I read one of them.

#402 3 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

More like Whysnows'

Nah. Probably just k’s way of stirring controversy. He just wants to be talked about, good or bad to boost his relevance.
    Howard Stern-esque

#403 3 years ago

Why do the moderators delete the good stuff? . At least I got to read it and had a good laugh.

#404 3 years ago

Anyone have a copy of the missing post #388 they can forward for those of us who missed it?

#405 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Anyone have a copy of the missing post they can forward for those of us who missed it?

Same here. Lame

#406 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Anyone have a copy of the missing post #388 they can forward for those of us who missed it?

It was like fifteen paragraphs of ranting about Kaneda’s narcissism. You’re not missing anything

#407 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

It was like fifteen paragraphs of ranting about Kaneda’s narcissism. You’re not missing anything

Thanks for your synopsis. I don't feel like I missed anything.

At this point we should probably ask the mods to lock this thread.
    While it is terribly interesting, there really is no upside for us here.
    I think this is one case where ignoring it is the best possible course of action for all concerned.

#408 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:Thanks for your synopsis. I don't feel like I missed anything.
    I think this is one case where ignoring it is the best possible course of action for all concerned.

Quoted from fnosm:

Thanks for your synopsis. I don't feel like I missed anything.

There's no upside to 90% of the threads on Pinside and most are here for entertainment! Here's a thought if you don't like this one ....drain it!

#409 3 years ago

Feeding the beast is a bad idea.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #410 3 years ago
    Quoted from fnosm:

Feeding the beast is a bad idea.[quoted image]

Let’s talk Little Shop of Horror Pinball!

Chris wants a musical pin, Franchi can draw some 80s pop with a 50s vintage, Zach needs a theme for his homebrew, and Pinball Buzz needs a theme people would want

#411 3 years ago

Pinball “Dyson”. Note Kaneda’s own description of working with Dyson earlier in his career.

If this was Kaneda, and I certainly consider it possible, it’s an interesting demonstration (validation?) of his personality. Assuming a different persona to utterly obliterate his “real” character in public. We’ve seen it before. And it’s odd. And at odds with Kaneda’s arguably improved public/social behavior in the last couple years.

Even with the improved behavior there’s always high drama and plenty of it. Always. And that doesn’t figure to change.

It’s all quite fascinating when you consider he doesn’t even own a pinball machine. I don’t care what his reasons are, any ambassador of the pinball hobby needs to own a machine. And have it in their home. Especially having two arcade cabinets in his apartment.

Myself, I’ve always enjoyed Chris’ company, and his podcast. But he’s one different cat to be sure.

#412 3 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

Let’s talk Little Shop of Horror Pinball!
    Chris wants a musical pin, Franchi can draw some 80s pop with a 50s vintage, Zach needs a theme for his homebrew, and Pinball Buzz needs a theme people would want

I like that idea... Little Shop of Horrors Pinball. Chris can direct the "pinball experiences", marketing, and conduct the hype train. Franchi can do the art that fits into his style. Zach can lead design, help the hype train by telling people to "buy buy buy". Pinball Buzz can build them. But don't know who's going to mop up the all blood that will be spilled.. . Maybe stream the development in an octagon cage?

#413 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Pinball “Dyson”. Note Kaneda’s own description of working with Dyson earlier in his career.
    If this was Kaneda, and I certainly consider it possible, it’s an interesting demonstration (validation?) of his personality. Assuming a different persona to utterly obliterate his “real” character in public. We’ve seen it before. And it’s odd. And at odds with Kaneda’s arguably improved public/social behavior in the last couple years.

No way it was him as it was kind of spot on in certain areas, at least behavioral wise. If it was him...well there you go.

#414 3 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

More like Whysnows'

Maybe it was Cornelius. That guy always loved flying off the handle and ranting. In fact, if you're lucky you'll still catch him doing the same things on FB.

#415 3 years ago
    Quoted from scottieIA:

I like that idea... Little Shop of Horrors Pinball. Chris can direct the "pinball experiences", marketing, and conduct the hype train. Franchi can do the art that fits into his style. Zach can lead design, help the hype train by telling people to "buy buy buy". Pinball Buzz can build them. But don't know who's going to mop up the all blood that will be spilled.. . Maybe stream the development in an octagon cage?

Yeah but us three would fight with one another more than building a machine. Hahaha

#416 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yeah but us three would fight with one another more than building a machine. Hahaha

If Zach is picking the theme and he wants a likeable license for everybody, I say swing for the fences. Anxiously awaiting the Harry Potter pin. Get Roger Sharpe negotiating with JKR and bring Dennis to sweet talk her.

#417 3 years ago

1 month later
    #418 2 years ago

As everyone is in playfield defect hysteria, I started thinking about how kaneda seems to have a pretty predictable cycle on content. Something like:

1. "Forget about [current game] from [Stern or JJP]. The NEXT game from [Stern or JJP] is the one you're really going to want. Get on a list for an [LE or CE] before it sells out!

2. "A very reliable source has told me that the next game from [Stern or JJP] is X. You heard it here first on Kaneda's pinball podcast!"

3. "OK. I got confirmation after my last show that the next game from [Stern or JJP] is not X."

4. "It turns out that the next game from [Stern or JJP] is Y. You better order an [LE or CE] before they sell out! THEY WILL SELL OUT! This is the game we've all been waiting for!"

5. "After seeing [new game name], I'm kind of disappointed. Where is the magic?"

6-10. "We're seeing a lot of games with [current game defect]. Cancel your orders. When will people learn to stop buying games before seeing them?"

Return to step 1 and start over.

#419 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

As everyone is in playfield defect hysteria, I started thinking about how kaneda seems to have a pretty predictable cycle on content. Something like:
    1. "Forget about [current game] from [Stern or JJP]. The NEXT game from [Stern or JJP] is the one you're really going to want. Get on a list for an [LE or CE] before it sells out!
    2. "A very reliable source has told me that the next game from [Stern or JJP] is X. You heard it here first on Kaneda's pinball podcast!"
    3. "OK. I got confirmation after my last show that the next game from [Stern or JJP] is not X."
    4. "It turns out that the next game from [Stern or JJP] is Y. You better order an [LE or CE] before they sell out! THEY WILL SELL OUT! This is the game we've all been waiting for!"
    5. "After seeing [new game name], I'm kind of disappointed. Where is the magic?"
    6-10. "We're seeing a lot of games with [current game defect]. Cancel your orders. When will people learn to stop buying games before seeing them?"
    Return to step 1 and start over.

Completely accurate assessment.

#420 2 years ago

Heh this is pretty accurate but I still listen because why not. I listen to all the podcasts to help me get through workouts and drives

#421 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

Heh this is pretty accurate but I still listen because why not.

Makes sense, my wife watches the Kardashians for fuck sakes

#422 2 years ago

Kaneda... don't worry about the haters. Just keep doing what you're doing. Putting out great content. We/most really appreciate it.

Just keep on collecting those Twipy awards.

#423 2 years ago

Don't forget contradicting every other position he has ever taken in half of his episodes in the other half (and sometimes within the same episode, just for kicks).

Anyone with the inclination and more time than sense could easily cut together clips for enough Kaneda vs. Kaneda debate episodes to get him up to #1,000

#424 2 years ago

I would rather play pinball or assist people to fix their machine than waste my time listening to his claptrap!

#425 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Don't forget contradicting every other position he has ever taken in half of his episodes in the other half (and sometimes within the same episode, just got kicks).
    Anyone with the inclination and more time than sense could easily cut together clips for enough Kaneda vs. Kaneda debate episodes to get him up to #1,000

I'm pretty sure he's bipolar. Sometimes his mental gymnastics are actually impressive. I started out liking his show, but then I got sick of his antics, but I found new appreciation for it after a while. It can serve as a decent summary of pinball news when you don't want to read everything on pinside. More than that, it can be entertaining listening to him come up with new ways of contradicting himself. It's amazing how much he'll hype a game and tell everyone to buy it before anyone even sees it, and then bemoan all the people buying games sight unseen. He hyped Rick and Morty endlessly until he sold his for a profit, and now he complains about how clunky it is.

I admit I'm sort of enjoying the GnR drama. I would never defend JJP on this issue, but Kaneda himself is so unreasonable on what he seems to think should happen that I'm just enjoying his frustration. Oh yeah... He's always saying it's just pinball and no one should care much about it but he loses his mind over this stuff more than anyone.

#426 2 years ago

He also

doesn't want other podcasters to snipe at him while sniping at others more than anyone,

is disheartened by pinball drama and wants everyone to be friends and constantly starts shit with people,

makes fun of others for spending too much time on pinside and spend countless hours podcasting and posting about it,

loses his joy for the hobby because people are flipping products for big profits and boasts about the big profits he makes flipping products,

And on, and on, and on

#427 2 years ago

I wouldn’t care if Satan himself helped spread the word about important issues like defective playfields.

#428 2 years ago

He also
    doesn't want other podcasters to snipe at him while sniping at others more than anyone,
    is disheartened by pinball drama and wants everyone to be friends and constantly starts shit with people,
    makes fun of others for spending too much time on pinside and spend countless hours podcasting and posting about it,
    loses his joy for the hobby because people are flipping products for big profits and boasts about the big profits he makes flipping products,
    And on, and on, and on

Yep. He thinks he gets 3000 listeners for each show because everyone likes him but for a lot of people I think it's like watching a train wreck. It's entertaining but you don't listen to it because you agree with him or respect his opinion. You listen because he's probably going to cause trouble or get something wrong or tell you something ridiculous in earnest.

#429 2 years ago

You listen because its ENTERTAINMENT and he does bring up some very valid points about issues that do concern the vast majority of collectors and those of us that buy NIB.

Unlike some that just shill for the manufactures so they can line their pockets and nary say a negative thing other than buy, buy, buy

I do kind of miss the old Kaneda where he would go off on an epic rant dropping f-bombs galore - Ah those were the days

#430 2 years ago

I think he is very entertaining.Free content. Awesome.
    If you think you can do better, please try.

#431 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

More than that, it can be entertaining listening to him come up with new ways of contradicting himself. It's amazing how much he'll hype a game and tell everyone to buy it before anyone even sees it, and then bemoan all the people buying games sight unseen. He hyped Rick and Morty endlessly until he sold his for a profit, and now he complains about how clunky it is.

Yup - because he's all hype and no actual substance. The guy doesn't know what actually makes great pinball. Which is why he's such a horrible assessor of games from pre-release stuff before other people actually play the games and flush it out. His constant 'you should consult with me...' nonsense is so comically bad. Yet people continually turn to his opinion as if it's some bellweather or insight. He's a complete bullshitter.

#432 2 years ago

Don't forget contradicting every other position he has ever taken in half of his episodes in the other half (and sometimes within the same episode, just got kicks).

Bless you ZMeny

#433 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

I do kind of miss the old Kaneda where he would go off on an epic rant dropping f-bombs galore - Ah those were the days

Oh, don't worry...it'll happen as soon as he has another manic episode. Meds and such....

#434 2 years ago

Typical petulant child that we have seen many times in the past. “I’m going to take my ball and go home..”

He posts this completely inappropriate topic, and once he gets called out for doing it just deletes it and pretends it never happened… like so many podcast episodes we have seen deleted before.

Yes Kaneda is entertaining like Jerry Springer, but it’s crossing the line when he’s publicly trying to make things personal like this.

B78F7E48-5EA5-4D50-95F4-75C8B4EB9678 (resized).jpegB78F7E48-5EA5-4D50-95F4-75C8B4EB9678 (resized).jpeg
    #435 2 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

Typical petulant child that we have seen many times in the past. “I’m going to take my ball and go home..”
    He posts this completely inappropriate topic, and once he gets called out for doing it just deletes it and pretends it never happened… like so many podcast episodes we have seen deleted before.
    Yes Kaneda is entertaining like Jerry Springer, but it’s crossing the line when he’s publicly trying to make things personal like this.
    [quoted image]

I guess doxxing is only okay if you aren't the target. Didn't someone go after him and his job last summer, and supposedly his job got involved? This is a boneheaded post, and every comment was pretty much calling him out for being so stupid. Also notice he started a pay-to-listen stream where the gloves come off and Pinside babies is back. So much for being positive for the "new" look of the show after the episode 499 shutdown. Dude has been acting really weird lately. I hope he figures it out someday.

#436 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I guess doxxing is only okay if you aren't the target. Didn't someone go after him and his job last summer, and supposedly his job got involved? This is a boneheaded post, and every comment was pretty much calling him out for being so stupid. Also notice he started a pay-to-listen stream where the gloves come off and Pinside babies is back. So much for being positive for the "new" look of the show after the episode 499 shutdown. Dude has been acting really weird lately. I hope he figures it out someday.

I actually feel kind of bad for him. He clearly has serious issues and it's past the point where I want to make fun of him anymore. I do hope that this incident makes people reconsider sending him money, though. Imagine sending him money just to have that money become a bounty for doxxing his enemies.

#438 2 years ago

In my opinion flynnibus an kaneda should get along really well, they're both full of smack.

But yeah, you don't "expose" people (for whatever pinball shit), I thought we're over that.

#439 2 years ago

Yea pretty much everyone on that facebook topic railed on him for doing this. I cant believe it stayed up as ling as it did. When he did delete it he never said anything about it. He should make a post saying that he fucked up and shouldnt be doing things like this. He always portrays on his show that he doesnt care about things that are said about him online, but clearly that isnt the case.

If he wants companies like jjp to acknowledge their faults he should prob do the same as well. Apologize, say it was dumb and then do better.

#440 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I guess doxxing is only okay if you aren't the target. Didn't someone go after him and his job last summer, and supposedly his job got involved?

The thing is... there is nothing to Dox. I'm not 'hiding behind a keyboard' or other non-sense... my name to my handle is all over the web and has been for decades. It's right on my tiltforum's profile (there was no name field on pinside last I looked). It's also the VERY FIRST GOOGLE HIT on the name. It just goes to show yet again how little he actually knows about the topics he pontificates about. He's all mouth, no experience.

The sad thing about that previous contact with his employer, etc is obviously he lost the real takeaway from that. I'm sure the boss didn't care about his pinball adventures, but probably cared about his BEHAVIOR. Stuff like an individual having drunken rage/hate fests streaming on facebook, or attacking individuals and businesses online, etc.. and not them not wanting to be associated with 'that guy'. Guess he missed the point about it being BEHAVIOR and how it impacts his reputation.

As soon as someone pointed out the post to me... I knew he'd delete it..
    Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 1.02.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 1.02.06 PM (resized).png

And sure enough, this morning.. it's gone.

#441 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbrave77:

He should make a post saying that he fucked up and shouldnt be doing things like this. He always portrays on his show that he doesnt care about things that are said about him online, but clearly that isnt the case.

First time caller I see?

The leopard can't change his spots.. and it's why he's so predictable. He'll make some statement about how it's not all about the drama, he won't do it again, it was a mistake, etc. It's all rubbish... and he'll be right back up on the horse in no time. He contradicts himself so much it's not even amusing to point it out.. it's just sad.

He's the type that kisses rear left and right or goes out of his way to connect with people to try to build a group of people that 'like' him or be buddy buddy with him... so when he goes off the rails he has a safety net of people that will stick up for them and say good things about him.

It's really sad so much of this is so old now that the new people coming along don't have a summarized history of it all to see it in context. But "its entertaining!" as they say...

#442 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

The thing is... there is nothing to Dox. I'm not 'hiding behind a keyboard' or other non-sense... my name to my handle is all over the web and has been for decades. It's right on my tiltforum's profile (there was no name field on pinside last I looked). It's also the VERY FIRST GOOGLE HIT on the name. It just goes to show yet again how little he actually knows about the topics he pontificates about. He's all mouth, no experience.
    The sad thing about that previous contact with his employer, etc is obviously he lost the real takeaway from that. I'm sure the boss didn't care about his pinball adventures, but probably cared about his BEHAVIOR. Stuff like an individual having drunken rage/hate fests streaming on facebook, or attacking individuals and businesses online, etc.. and not them not wanting to be associated with 'that guy'. Guess he missed the point about it being BEHAVIOR and how it impacts his reputation.
    As soon as someone pointed out the post to me... I knew he'd delete it..
    [quoted image]
    And sure enough, this morning.. it's gone.

So out yourself and make $50 like Kaneda said in the post?!

#443 2 years ago
    Quoted from nate1981s:

So out yourself and make $50 like Kaneda said in the post?!

I did 'out' myself - but he deleted the whole thread afterwards so you'll just have to go on the word of 'haters' and swine...

And no I didn't get $50... besides he would need to pony up a lot more than $50 to make me jump.

#444 2 years ago

Flynnibus... Have you done a sit up in the last decade? That's all he was really trying to find out.

#445 2 years ago

I STILL can't figure out why people have to talk about this, try to figure it out, complain, bitch, whine, argue...and then say they don't care what he has to say, etc, etc...and yet everybody's here ....gee, if I didn't care, or like someone I certainly wouldn't be giving it this much attention.

#446 2 years ago

Doxxing is disgusting and reprehensible. This whole thing is shameful and people should be publicly outraged and point out that this has no place in the community.

Pathetic.

#447 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I STILL can't figure out why people have to talk about this, try to figure it out, complain, bitch, whine, argue...and then say they don't care what he has to say, etc, etc...and yet everybody's here ....gee, if I didn't care, or like someone I certainly wouldn't be giving it this much attention.

I think some people consider it sport to criticize him, since he makes it so easy and he's constantly attacking people so it doesn't feel unfair. I think his post last night probably crossed a line where most people went from discussing how ridiculous his statements are to genuine outrage.

For all of his attempts to leverage his audience into a brand and lure industry figures onto his show, no one is going to go near the show after this incident, and it only validates the "no kaneda" policy that all these companies have had for a while now.

#448 2 years ago

I clicked on this thread by mistake and glad I did. For all these years i thought Flynnibus' avatar was Jack Sparrow.... but seeing it blown up in this thread i see it is from Tron (duh - Flynn). The avatar looks a little different on Pinside. Weird illusion

#449 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I clicked on this thread by mistake and glad I did. For all these years i thought Flynnibus' avatar was Jack Sparrow.... but seeing it blown up in this thread i see it is from Tron (duh - Flynn). The avatar looks a little different on Pinside. Weird illusion

You are not alone, I don't know how I didn't see it was from Tron until now.

#450 2 years ago

To be honest I listened once in a while. Finally deleted him. I feel cleaner. ( I have been around here awhile and remember his shenanigans.)

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/9?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.