Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 27.
    #301 3 years ago

I think there was an episode at some point where he said specifically that he and his wife didn't do more than one vote each, which made me think he's juicing the vote. Why even bring it up? I haven't listened to the show in a while because for several months out of the year it seems like all he talks about is the twippys. He's clearly fixated on it.

#302 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Am I the only person who thinks Kaneda votes for himself over and over while changing IP addresses and identities like he did here?

Hilton got caught voting multiple times against Knads a couple of years ago. Jeff at Twipy installed safe guards afterward to minimize anyone from doing it again. And with the passion that people have for hating the guy, I expect a lot of people might be playing that same game.

#303 3 years ago

given how man newbloods always flock to him I doubt he resorts to cheating. I mean the total counts we are talking here are a few hundred... not needing millions.

#304 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I think there was an episode at some point where he said specifically that he and his wife didn't do more than one vote each, which made me think he's juicing the vote. Why even bring it up? I haven't listened to the show in a while because for several months out of the year it seems like all he talks about is the twippys. He's clearly fixated on it.

He already lied about making multiple accounts on Pinside. Why would this be any different?

#305 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Hilton got caught voting multiple times against Knads a couple of years ago. Jeff at Twipy installed safe guards afterward to minimize anyone from doing it again. And with the passion that people have for hating the guy, I expect a lot of people might be playing that same game.

Please...no one cares about twipy awards enough to sabotage them. Stop feeding his ego.

#306 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

20 years from now there is a high probability twipys will be a forgotten very small part of the history of pinball.

You're setting the bar kind of high there - 20 years from now, pinball could be a forgotten small part of history.

#307 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If I actually listened to podcasts, I'd love to hear one from LTG . A great guy who is an encyclopedia of knowledge and interesting stories from his years in the business. It'll never happen, though.

Has happened. Years ago Talk Pinball ran about 6 episodes. ( they are still out there to listen to ) Jesse Kujawa ran it and did the grunt work. Then he had life changes that made him spend more time on other things. And a different webcast burned through just about everybody you could interview at the time.

Never know what the future might bring. My counterpart Ken Cromwell mentioned maybe doing a podcast.

Time will tell.

LTG : )

#308 3 years ago

I voted for Kaneda. I listen to audiobooks, history podcasts, and pinball podcasts in my car. I think Kandedas are the best. He likes to speculate about the next game and I enjoy that. 2nd favorite is the Classic Pinball podcast. I love hearing the stories behind some of the old games. Poor man's is good as well. Super Awesome is way too long and I've only listened to a few. I don't really care for the Pinball Network stuff as I feel like they are trying way to hard to sell me stuff. Kaneda is full of himself for sure, but that makes it entertaining. Enjoy that baby!

#309 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I listen to audiobooks, history podcasts, and pinball podcasts in my car. I think Kandedas are the best.

So long as you mean Kanada's the best of the pinball podcasts, carry on. If he's beating all of your audiobooks and history podcasts too then you're doing something wrong.

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

So long as you mean Kanada's the best of the pinball podcasts, carry on. If he's beating all of your audiobooks and history podcasts too then you're doing something wrong.

Yes... beating the pinball podcasts. Kaneda ain't got nothing on Sanderson and post World War 1 Eastern Europe.

#311 3 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Please...no one cares about twipy awards enough to sabotage them. Stop feeding his ego.

Hilton was caught trying to sabotage the Twipys against Kaneda a couple of years ago. He even admitted to it on Pinside.

#312 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Hilton was caught trying to sabotage the Twipys against Kaneda a couple of years ago. He even admitted to it on Pinside.

That’s pitiful

#314 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Has happened. Years ago Talk Pinball ran about 6 episodes. ( they are still out there to listen to ) Jesse Kujawa ran it and did the grunt work. Then he had life changes that made him spend more time on other things. And a different webcast burned through just about everybody you could interview at the time.
    Never know what the future might bring. My counterpart Ken Cromwell mentioned maybe doing a podcast.
    Time will tell.

I’d love listening to LTG in a car talk format podcast, but pinball related. Stump the Chump is the segment that he’d shine. Someone calls in with a pinball problem and Lloyd must ask the right questions and diagnose what he thinks will fix it. Then the person goes off and does the repair or hires someone to fix it. Then they call back in and explain the problem, make sound effects describing the problem, lists LTG’s recommendation and finally what the real fix was. Always great when the host is way off base but having LTG interacting with people in a show format would be gold.

#315 3 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’d love LTG in a car talk type format, but pinball related. Stump the Chump is the segment that he’d shine. Someone calls in with a pinball problem and Lloyd must ask the right questions and diagnose what he thinks will fix it. Then the person goes off and does the repair or hires someone to fix it. Then they call back in and explain the problem, makes sound effects describing the problem, lists LTG’s recommendation and finally what the real fix was. Always great when the host is way off base but having LTG interacting with people in a show format would be gold.

I thought DEAR LLOYD was a personal counseling or lonely hearts type of thing.

#316 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

It is but the podcast angle would bring it to life. And highlighting weird problems or difficult customers would make it funny.

#317 3 years ago

Did you guys see the numbers? That was the best part. Kaneda wiped the floor with them.

The most embarrassing is the pinball show on the network. So much effort put in and they were almost 4th place. Kaneda smoked super pinball podcast and quite honestly, pinball network is not even in the same league numbers wise.

That has to sting if your zach. Ouch.

If you don't understand why kaneda wins all the time, you're part of the problem. I love the show and enjoy it for what it is. Talking about rumors and how dumb this industry is. Tournament players need not apply. Nobody cares. Have fun, enjoy some entertainment and move on.

#318 3 years ago

Time to reinstate Kaneda on Pinside!

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Primarily. Though tech things seem to dominate. I answer all. Not all are posted on Pinside, especially if repeated problems. No sense going over the same thing again and again.

#320 3 years ago

Always great when the host is way off base but having LTG interacting with people in a show format would be gold.

It would be conceited to think I know everything or am right every time. Fixing pinball is a lifetime on going process. And correcting me when I'm wrong, still helps others.

#321 3 years ago

having LTG interacting with people in a show format would be gold.

Would certainly drive the censors nuts.

#322 3 years ago
    Quoted from CafeOne:

Time to reinstate Kaneda on Pinside!

Oh god please no.
    He is at his best on his podcast and at his worst when he is on Pinside. I don't think he can help himself.
    Glad he has his podcast and glad he has a lifetime ban from Pinside.

This year he will have some stiff Twippy competition from Uncle Pinball's Podcast.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/uncle-pinball-s-podcast
    Mark aka fireball2 is putting out some good, quick, and entertaining stuff. For sure he's not a replacement for Kaneda but I will be voting for him next year.

#323 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Did you guys see the numbers? That was the best part. Kaneda wiped the floor with them.
    The most embarrassing is the pinball show on the network. So much effort put in and they were almost 4th place. Kaneda smoked super pinball podcast and quite honestly, pinball network is not even in the same league numbers wise.
    If you don't understand why kaneda wins all the time, you're part of the problem. I love the show and enjoy it for what it is. Talking about rumors and how dumb this industry is. Tournament players need not apply. Nobody cares. Have fun, enjoy some entertainment and move on.

This post makes me sad.

#324 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't really care for the Pinball Network stuff as I feel like they are trying way to hard to sell me stuff. Kaneda is full of himself for sure, but that makes it entertaining. Enjoy that baby!

yes the network is a big infomercial to shill, shill, shill Clever marketing to be sure you just need to leave the barnyard animals sounds out, stop the bad singing, lame banter and get to the point. Oh wait the point is for you to buy, buy, buy

Quoted from delt31:

The most embarrassing is the pinball show on the network. So much effort put in and they were almost 4th place.

Yes this must be a hard pill to swallow for the big heads over there

#325 3 years ago

Guys, we’re four years in. If you still haven’t come to grips with why his podcast is popular then I doubt you will.

But since I’m here, the reason I listen is his podcast distills much of the Pinside drama that I don’t have time to read in a compact, timely package that I can consume while jogging. And Pinside drama is entertaining, I admit it. I also like a side of rumors and speculation, even if I find much of it unlikely.

Then I’ll listen to my other favorite podcast- Star Talk. So it all balances out.

#326 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I'll never understand posts like this.

I enjoy listening to Kaneda because I'm a radio geek and admire anyone that can do a solo show and keep it entertaining. Chris does that well.

I enjoy The Pinball Show because of the chemistry between Zach and Dennis. Dennis doesn't suffer fools and Zach loves playing the part just to annoy him. They both make me laugh.

It's possible to like one show without gleefully shitting on the other.

...and for those calling for the reinstatement of Kaneda to Pinside....I'm guessin' you don't know his history on here and the things he has said and continues to say about Robin, even as recently as his pre Twipy Facebook show.

#327 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I never tried to listen to The Pinball Show until today. It was awful. Do all these podcast hosts have to be so insufferable? I don't understand how people enjoy this stuff. Especially the endless banter about unrelated things and the condescending attitude they all seem to have.

#328 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'll never understand posts like this.
    I enjoy listening to Kaneda because I'm a radio geek and admire anyone that can do a solo show and keep it entertaining. Chris does that well.

If it's anything like his pinside posts, I can see why it's a solo show!

#329 3 years ago

yes, he clearly seems to attract all the butt-toucher fanboys to his side of the drama arguments. it's their source of acceptance. like when they buy and instantly sell every game they can to win the pissing contest with the other casuals.. car enthusiasts deal with.. I guess we have to too!

#330 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Am I the only person who thinks Kaneda votes for himself over and over while changing IP addresses and identities like he did here?

He won by 600 votes that's a lot of IP changes and email addresses

#331 3 years ago
    Quoted from c2scanada:

He won by 600 votes that's a lot of IP changes and email addresses

You obviously don't know Kaneda.

#332 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You obviously don't know Kaneda.

Bravo!

#333 3 years ago

I could do without hearing the term "world under glass" every 2 minutes, but I have to give him props for his interviews. He actually is one of the best interviewers I have heard in regards to pinball. He stays on topic, hits interesting questions, and most importantly, allows his guests to talk.

#334 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Imagine it's click farms to some extent, but he's prob win by a bunch anyway.

Click farms on Russia or China are super cheap too

#335 3 years ago

As of this evening, 77,335 people have registered to Pinside. It’s neither unreasonable nor unbelievable that a thousand or so would vote for Kaneda’s Podcast.

It’s irrelevant whether or not one of us likes it or hates it. It’s a people’s choice award. No big deal.

#336 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I never tried to listen to The Pinball Show until today. It was awful. Do all these podcast hosts have to be so insufferable? I don't understand how people enjoy this stuff. Especially the endless banter about unrelated things and the condescending attitude they all seem to have.

Pinside Babies, alive and well!

#337 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:As of this evening, 77,335 people have registered to Pinside. It’s neither unreasonable nor unbelievable that a thousand or so would vote for Kaneda’s Podcast.
    It’s irrelevant weather or not one of us likes it or hates it. It’s a people’s choice award. No big deal.

whether

#338 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

The most embarrassing is the pinball show on the network. So much effort put in and they were almost 4th place.

You're not even competing yourself, yet still being a horrible sport.

#339 2 years ago

Yup it’s confirmed. Zpinman, Delt, and Seenev are Ice Cream Shoppe Sample Tasters...typical...

#340 2 years ago

JFC the amount of crybabies is hilarious. He ChEaTeD!!! LOL grow up. If you don't like the guy, then don't listen. I can't imagine getting my panties in such a twist because somebody on the internet hurt my fee fees

#341 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

You have this strange and creepy obsession with @zmeny.

As a TPN Committee member I assure you The Pinball Network is doing just fine and has done a great deal to raise the profile of positive content creators. An award would be nice but it isn't something any of us require to validate our time or effort.

Congrats to Kaneda on his 4th win. He earned it with his dedication to pinball, entertainment value and hard work. I enjoyed and laughed at his acceptance video. He should be proud of his body of work he deserves it.

#342 2 years ago

Post edited. Not worth my time.

#343 2 years ago

I've tried to listen to this guy a few times, and I always stop because he talks so slow. I know that's a super weird criticism, but it drives me nuts.

#344 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

Yup it’s confirmed. Zpinman, Delt, and Seenev are Ice Cream Shoppe Sample Tasters...typical...

Tough words coming from a Twippy loser

Not into ice cream, but we have drank the Kaneda cool aid and obviously more than just some of us like it. As the numbers dictate, Kaneda kicked the TPN's ass around the block and it wasn't even close.

Is Kaneda perfect NO but who is. For some of us we like the entertainment and having someone who will actually hold the manufacturers accountable for what they offer up. Unlike others who do nothing but cheerlead in order to make bank

#345 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

The obsession those two have with each other is ridiculous.

#346 2 years ago

Chris believed the vote was going to be a lot closer than it turned out. In the end, the ratio of chat viewers via his Facebook feed compared to that in the YouTube feed chat (not counting for overlap) was getting along similar lines to his share of the vote, which may or may not mean anything in itself.

#347 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

He didn't just win, he crushed the competition.
    973 first choice votes vs 347 for second place. That's nearly a 3 to 1 margin.
    Congratulations to all of the nominees that were honored and to Imoto Arcade and Jack Danger for a fun and entertaining job of hosting.
    Also, congratulations to Jeff at TWIPY for the transparency and to everyone involved in putting on a great show.
    [quoted image]

Crushed them and competitors even paid for advertisements to unseat him.

#348 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Tough words coming from a Twippy loser
    Not into ice cream, but we have drank the Kaneda cool aid and obviously more than just some of us like it. As the numbers dictate, Kaneda kicked the TPN's ass around the block and it wasn't even close.
    Is Kaneda perfect NO but who is. For some of us we like the entertainment and having someone who will actually hold the manufacturers accountable for what they offer up. Unlike others who do nothing but cheerlead in order to make bank

Maybe one day I'll finally win a TWIPY...or three...a man can dream, sigh...

Are you more of a meat and potatoes kinda fella? I can respect that.

#349 2 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

I hope you're at least silently making up a list of people who NOT to sell to. I don't kick the hornet's nest with distributors...you never know when you'll need one. And Zach is a great one, both for Sterns and Escaleras. Love his videos, too!

#350 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

...having someone who will actually hold the manufacturers accountable for what they offer up.

We already have that power. It's called not making the purchase.

Quoted from ZMeny:

FWIW, love your show. It's energetic and very positive.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/7?hl=dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.