Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 27.
    #251 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Amazon is your friend:
    amazon.com link »

"Stumble upon"

( But it DOES look better. XD )

#252 3 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

episode 564 quote: "ive seen better alien artwork on lunchboxes"

I don't always agree with Kaneda, but he seems like a guy that would know his lunchboxes.

#253 3 years ago

its no joke, kaneda won again !!

kaneda won again.gifkaneda won again.gif

heres to you, chris !!

toasting 4th twipy.giftoasting 4th twipy.gif

#254 3 years ago

Congrats to the "K Man" ! Well deserved!

#255 3 years ago

Congratulations Chris.

#256 3 years ago

What did he win? The award for the most times quitting a podcast in a single year?

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

What did he win? The award for the most times quitting a podcast in a single year?

And yet he still won his fourth in a row twipy.....pretty damn impressive.

#258 3 years ago

You would think that someone who was voted another award by the people would be a member here...
    Congrats Chris.

#259 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

You would think that someone who was voted another award by the people would be a member here...
    Congrats Chris.

It's a puzzler. It'd be one thing if he had repeatedly violated the "no multiple accounts" rule, but a TWIPY award winner would never do anything that lame. So it must have all just been a big misunderstanding.

#260 3 years ago

Congrats to Kaneda - you did it again and are the real PEOPLES choice !! no goats and buy buy buy from you

#261 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

Congrats Chris.

He would be. If he didn't alienate and antagonize everyone relentlessly with his egotistical bullshit. Pretty sure this has been mentioned about a thousand times for those of you who weren't here to endure it.

#262 3 years ago

510785EA-9073-4149-991A-11FA12C4AF2A (resized).jpeg510785EA-9073-4149-991A-11FA12C4AF2A (resized).jpeg

"We find that whole communities suddenly fix their minds upon one object, and go mad in its pursuit; that millions of people become simultaneously impressed with one delusion, and run after it, till their attention is caught by some new folly more captivating than the first."

#263 3 years ago

He didn't just win, he crushed the competition.
    973 first choice votes vs 347 for second place. That's nearly a 3 to 1 margin.

Congratulations to all of the nominees that were honored and to Imoto Arcade and Jack Danger for a fun and entertaining job of hosting.
    Also, congratulations to Jeff at TWIPY for the transparency and to everyone involved in putting on a great show.

zz165680749_2804234179838601_4682473645690739193_o (resized).pngzz165680749_2804234179838601_4682473645690739193_o (resized).png

#264 3 years ago
    0FB81880-ED08-4490-B636-92D4A5BA01A6 (resized).jpeg0FB81880-ED08-4490-B636-92D4A5BA01A6 (resized).jpeg
    #265 3 years ago

He gives the people what they want
    Straight to the point, bit of drama, never boring. No doubt will win it next few years as well.

#266 3 years ago

Now we'll hear about it all year from K mouth...

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I won't hear a thing

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I’m sure he won’t mention it

#269 3 years ago

Kaneda is the truth teller to the powerful. Someone who will not stand for subpar standards and execution. Look at the changes to the play fields in the past 18 months, with even JJP recognizing thenprofblem. Now, Mirco is installing posts in previously untouched and unharmed real estate.

In terms of his opinions, Chris is someone who has the pulse of the community. He knows what we think, and his goal is to push the community and hobby forward. Often to the detriment of his own ratings. He really tries to focus on the consumer, and does at time get bogged down in the quagmire.

I for one am glad he’s back. There may be obeyed leaders, but he is someone with the will and and desire to effectuate change. No am glad he’s here, and he is in the proper role. Chris Kaneda, 6/28/21.

Added over 3 years ago:

Date /sign erroneous

#270 3 years ago
    Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Kaneda is the truth teller to the powerful. Someone who will not stand for subpar standards and execution. Look at the changes to the play fields in the past 18 months, with even JJP recognizing thenprofblem. Now, Mirco is installing posts in previously untouched and unharmed real estate.
    In terms of his opinions, Chris is someone who has the pulse of the community. He knows what we think, and his goal is to push the community and hobby forward. Often to the detriment of his own ratings. He really tries to focus on the consumer, and does at time get bogged down in the quagmire.
    I for one am glad he’s back. There may be obeyed leaders, but he is someone with the will and and desire to effectuate change. No am glad he’s here, and he is in the proper role. Chris Kaneda, 6/28/21.

This is the funniest post I have read in a long time

#271 3 years ago

Crab legs, cocktail sauce and Caymus. Causing bad decisions since 1972.

#272 3 years ago

It‘s

just

pinball.

#273 3 years ago

In terms of his opinions, Chris is someone who has the pulse of the community. He knows what we think, and his goal is to push the community and hobby forward.

#274 3 years ago

Kaneda is the truth teller to the powerful. Someone who will not stand for subpar standards and execution.
    I for one am glad he’s back. There may be obeyed leaders, but he is someone with the will and and desire to effectuate change.

Hey Kaneda isn't a saint but he does have valid opinions on most things and he is not a shill like the other guy that thinks he's all that and a bag of chips - you know the one that can't sing and likes barnyard animals

#275 3 years ago

I feel really bad for people that don't have enough good pinball people around them to fall into this delusion of reality.

#276 3 years ago

Chris Kaneda, 6/28/21.

I'm still trying to figure out who the hell Chris Kaneda is and what that date means.

#277 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I feel really bad for people that don't have enough good pinball people around them to fall into this delusion of reality.

I feel really bad for people that don't care for his show yet still feel compelled to come to a thread about him.

#278 3 years ago

My curiosity stems more from a sociological viewpoint: I truly can't figure out why the hell people are so interested in the opinions of somebody that owns one game, has never restored a game, has no appreciable repair skills that he's ever shared with anybody, and has seemingly been wrong on his facts more than a weatherman. If you're listening to him purely for entertainment value, your feeding into the narcissism of somebody that wouldn't even help you if you were dying in a gutter. There's a lot more entertainment out there made by people who are great people and great assets to this community.

If I actually listened to podcasts, I'd love to hear one from LTG . A great guy who is an encyclopedia of knowledge and interesting stories from his years in the business. It'll never happen, though.

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My curiosity stems more from a sociological viewpoint: I truly can't figure out why the hell people are so interested in the opinions of somebody that owns one game, has never restored a game, has no appreciable repair skills that he's ever shared with anybody, and has seemingly been wrong on his facts more than a weatherman. If you're listening to him purely for entertainment value, your feeding into the narcissism of somebody that wouldn't even help you if you were dying in a gutter. There's a lot more entertainment out there made by people who are great people and great assets to this community.
    If I actually listened to podcasts, I'd love to hear one from LTG . A great guy who is an encyclopedia of knowledge and interesting stories from his years in the business. It'll never happen, though.

#280 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Only if you listen to the podcast.

#281 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

If you're listening to him purely for entertainment value, your feeding into the narcissism of somebody that wouldn't even help you if you were dying in a gutter.

I don't care about the psychological well being of any actors, singers or entertainers...why should I care about a podcaster?

Not my business or concern. I listen to be entertained for a little bit and then carry on without giving anything a second thought.

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

My curiosity stems more from a sociological viewpoint: I truly can't figure out why the hell people are so interested in the opinions of somebody that owns one game, has never restored a game, has no appreciable repair skills that he's ever shared with anybody, and has seemingly been wrong on his facts more than a weatherman. ...

I don't listen to Kaneda for insightful gameplay opinions or tech info. Thankfully, he doesn't really spend much time on these as they are obviously not strong points of his.

His main deal is marketing and the business side of pinball. Right or wrong, he has interesting opinions and his podcasts are typically entertaining as well as informational.

#284 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I don't care about the psychological well being of any actors, singers or entertainers...why should I care about a podcaster?
    Not my business or concern. I listen to be entertained for a little bit and then carry on without giving anything a second thought.

Wait until he says horrible things about you for something you said on Pinside. Maybe you'll care then.

#285 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait until he says horrible things about you for something you said on Pinside. Maybe you'll care then.

I don't care right now when other Pinsiders in the JP owner thread flip their lids because I think the Jurassic Park movie code is the shits. Don't think I would care if someone went on a podcast and said horrible things about me for thinking it ruins the game and is nothing more than a party trick.

Pinball opinions.

#286 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

For the same reason if you read a history book - you'd expect the content to be well researched. Or if you listened/read a movie critic, you'd expect them to have some basis or credibility for their analysis and critique. Or that someone who uses citations to build their argument, you'd expect them to actually use VALID ones.

It's called credibility

But if you just want to be entertained while rotting your brain... just go find some alt-news channel.

#287 3 years ago

His main deal is marketing and the business side of pinball. Right or wrong, he has interesting opinions and his podcasts are typically entertaining as well as informational.

So two things he's never actually participated in. Seems legit..

#288 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

So two things he's never actually participated in. Seems legit..

His professional job is marketing.

#289 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

But if you just want to be entertained

Full stop.

#290 3 years ago

Don't confuse entertainment with REALITY

That's the problem.. people can't seem to separate fiction from reality.

#291 3 years ago

His professional job is marketing.

Marketing Pinball?
    Marketing commercial vending?

Does he have any experience running the actual product business or bringing products to fruition? No

His career is marketing campaigns for other people's products. AKA coming up with the impactful ad campaign to drive interest and eyeballs. Not the business of picking the product, nor owning the business decisions of the company/product.

His role is to come up with the commercial/gimmick to sell/promote your idea/product/brand.

Literally his job is to just make people talk about you. Which is what he does in his hobbies and no matter how unqualified, how wrong, how hateful, how ignorant of the topics he pontificates on... some of you can't get enough because you "just want to be entertained"

Ads are meant to generate buzz... or generate awareness. Not be the source of truth.

#292 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Marketing Pinball?
    Marketing commercial vending?
    Does he have any experience running the actual product business or bringing products to fruition? No
    His career is marketing campaigns for other people's products. AKA coming up with the impactful ad campaign to drive interest and eyeballs. Not the business of picking the product, nor owning the business decisions of the company/product.
    His role is to come up with the commercial/gimmick to sell/promote your idea/product/brand.
    Literally his job is to just make people talk about you. Which is what he does in his hobbies and no matter how unqualified, how wrong, how hateful, how ignorant of the topics he pontificates on... some of you can't get enough because you "just want to be entertained"
    Ads are meant to generate buzz... or generate awareness. Not be the source of truth.

Oh FFS

#294 3 years ago
    Quoted from greenhornet:

its no joke, kaneda won again !!
    [quoted image]
    heres to you, chris !!
    [quoted image]

Did Super Awesome quit podcasting? It has been over a month and a half since their last episode.

Mrs. Pin also stopped posting new episodes.

#295 3 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #296 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

He didn't just win, he crushed the competition.
    973 first choice votes vs 347 for second place. That's nearly a 3 to 1 margin.
    Congratulations to all of the nominees that were honored and to Imoto Arcade and Jack Danger for a fun and entertaining job of hosting.
    Also, congratulations to Jeff at TWIPY for the transparency and to everyone involved in putting on a great show.
    [quoted image]

I guess the TWIPY's new voting scheme backfired. Perhaps next year they can whittle if down for the final voting to only 2 or 3 to try a different approach to get a different winner, LOL.

#297 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I guess the TWIPY's new voting scheme backfired. Perhaps next year they can whittle if down for the final voting to only 2 or 3 to try a different approach to get a different winner, LOL.

Am I the only person who thinks Kaneda votes for himself over and over while changing IP addresses and identities like he did here?

#298 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Am I the only person who thinks Kaneda votes for himself over and over while changing IP addresses and identities like he did here?

I have no idea. I would hope the Twipys know what they are doing, but they really are kind of meaningless anyway. 20 years from now there is a high probability twipys will be a forgotten very small part of the history of pinball.

#299 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's no doubt he cheats. How much is up for debate but I can't imagine him not cheating when it's so easy.

#300 3 years ago

Imagine it's click farms to some extent, but he's prob win by a bunch anyway.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/6?hl=quadrider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.