Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 27.
    #151 3 years ago

One of the things I find interesting about Chris is how he goes back and forth on his opinions and judgements.

Case in point: Jersey Jack releasing information about GnR before they're ready to ship it. For years now he has railed (and railed and railed) about how JJP should NOT announce a game before they are ready to ship it within a few weeks. In his latest podcast (#505) though, he now says that they are making a mistake by not doing so and questions what it would hurt. Even though he supposedly does not know how soon they will be able to produce it.

#152 3 years ago

That’s just one of 100 examples of him doing that. It might be my favorite part of the show. It’s hilarious.

#153 3 years ago

I’m a big fan of the podcast content, but he has totally inconsistent and contradictory opinions on the same topics for different pins. He’s good at gaslighting you into thinking “yeah yeah! He’s so right!” until you realize the inconsistency. Usually he takes the ‘side’ that is opposite of whatever the manufacturer does. One hilarious recent take is spinning the Elwin / Zombie Yeti duo into a bad thing because we’re getting too much of them... Think about the mental gymnastics on making that a bad thing. He’d make a great politician.

#154 3 years ago
    Quoted from Patrunkenphat7:

I’m a big fan of the podcast content, but he has totally inconsistent and contradictory opinions on the same topics for different pins. He’s good at gaslighting you into thinking “yeah yeah! He’s so right!” until you realize the inconsistency. Usually he takes the ‘side’ that is opposite of whatever the manufacturer does. One hilarious recent take is spinning the Elwin / Zombie Yeti duo into a bad thing because we’re getting too much of them... Think about the mental gymnastics on making that a bad thing. He’d make a great politician.

He’s good to hear about the rumors and has some good takes here and there. But overall imo his opinions are often wrong at least to my thinking. I think about game code and how well a pin plays and even if it evolves into something great such as any number of pins TWD etc.

Chris is far more concerned about if something released on a specific date or who is the name on the code or art not bothering to look at the code just who the name is attached to the code is all he cares about.

He doesn’t like Dwight for whatever reason he just will lump every game Dwight does as a missed opportunity. But imo Dwight is one of the better coders.

Chris should say he doesn’t like Dwight code or he doesn’t understand what nuances and strategy can be brought out with different lead coders.

He doesn’t like Steve Ritchie, Lawlor and Borg and thinks only the two new guys Keith and Eric can make great games. It’s so much over saturated with his petty opinions not really understanding that other designers and code guys know what they’re doing.

He got all amped up about Wonka like he was going to have a happy ending with it. I thought nothing can be as great as he thinks Wonka is. Next thing you know Wonka is garbage.

So when he’s saying GnR is so great that just makes me think there’s a 50:50 chance it’ll be great and 50:50 chance it’ll suck.

#155 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

One of the things I find interesting about Chris is how he goes back and forth on his opinions and judgements.
    Case in point: Jersey Jack releasing information about GnR before they're ready to ship it. For years now he has railed (and railed and railed) about how JJP should NOT announce a game before they are ready to ship it within a few weeks. In his latest podcast (#505) though, he now says that they are making a mistake by not doing so and questions what it would hurt. Even though he supposedly does not know how soon they will be able to produce it.

Because he just likes to hear himself talk, doesn't matter what he is actually saying....

#156 3 years ago

Dang, Lou got let go....

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Dang, Lou got let go....

Surprised it took this long. This obvious new accounts are getting a long pass.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

He’s good to hear about the rumors and has some good takes here and there. But overall imo his opinions are often wrong at least to my thinking. I think about game code and how well a pin plays and even if it evolves into something great such as any number of pins TWD etc.
    Chris is far more concerned about if something released on a specific date or who is the name on the code or art not bothering to look at the code just who the name is attached to the code is all he cares about.
    He doesn’t like Dwight for whatever reason he just will lump every game Dwight does as a missed opportunity. But imo Dwight is one of the better coders.
    Chris should say he doesn’t like Dwight code or he doesn’t understand what nuances and strategy can be brought out with different lead coders.
    He doesn’t like Steve Ritchie, Lawlor and Borg and thinks only the two new guys Keith and Eric can make great games. It’s so much over saturated with his petty opinions not really understanding that other designers and code guys know what they’re doing.
    He got all amped up about Wonka like he was going to have a happy ending with it. I thought nothing can be as great as he thinks Wonka is. Next thing you know Wonka is garbage.
    So when he’s saying GnR is so great that just makes me think there’s a 50:50 chance it’ll be great and 50:50 chance it’ll suck.

In short... he feeds on hype and criticism... He’s a horrible source for anything actually about the game itself.

Over and over he proves how his inability to interpret how a game plays or what makes it stand out or not. Some people may call this “changing his opinion...”... but its really his forecasting and interpretation simply being wrong. The difference is he doesn’t just have a take... he goes on how the company or people were WRONG or makes statements about how others will move. He doesn’t actually get the game and business fundamentals, yet he pontificates and trashes those that aren’t doing what hipe believes is right... Yet, he’s proved wrong time and time again.

Yet, you’ll be sure to hear for the 100th time how he has offered his services... yet people don’t take him up... fascinating...

It is depressing to see so many parroting his talking points... because they think sounds great or they think it echos their thoughts.

#159 3 years ago

You guys ever notice how often he says that the NEXT Stern game is the one that everyone will want... The one everyone is waiting for... It's like every time they announce a new game he says "yeah... Just wait until the next game though."

#160 3 years ago

Yep. Another one of my favorites of his. Haha

#161 3 years ago

It is fascinating.. how closely people pay attention to him.

#162 3 years ago

I am not surprised K man butts heads with the tournament crowd. He is much closer in his opinions to the collector crowd. Tourney players want variety first and everything else second. Collectors care about things like quality and value because they actually buy the pins. And of course everyone cares about great fun games. I still say K is the only real podcast that advocates for build quality which is actually important to a lot people who buy experience things.

#163 3 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

I am not surprised K man butts heads with the tournament crowd. He is much closer in his opinions to the collector crowd. .

He butts heads with both of them because he:
    1. Doesn't really play pinball machines
    2. Doesn't really collect pinball machines.

He also doesn't really know much aboot pinball machines...but luckily he's good aboot talking aboot pinball machines.

So that's well.

#164 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

He butts heads with both of them because he:
    1. Doesn't really play pinball machines
    2. Doesn't really collect pinball machines.
    He also doesn't really know much aboot pinball machines...but luckily he's good aboot talking aboot pinball machines.
    So that's well.

To that I would say SOME collectors like him and ZERO tourney guys like him. What does that mean you think

#165 3 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

To that I would say SOME collectors like him and ZERO tourney guys like him. What does that mean you think

That he doesn't play pinball machines...?

#166 3 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

It might have to do with the fact that he has tried to ruin a big NYC tournament for no reason at all except to be a jerk. But I could be completely wrong.

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I never got all the commotion and hate over Kaneda’s podcast, if you don’t like it don’t listen to it

Hey keep fighting brother, life is worth fighting for if not for you then your entire family! You sound like a fighter and fighters always win! I'll be praying for you!

Lastly, to the Law dude you're a bum seriously! You might be the most negative person on this entire site. Guy is talking about his fight against a deadly disease and you downvote him what a BUM!

#168 3 years ago

Maybe a misclick? Reminds me of when bangerjay was the one guy who upvoted Popadiuk vs. a gazillion downvotes. That shit was funny.

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Maybe a misclick? Reminds me of when bangerjay was the one guy who upvoted Popadiuk vs. a gazillion downvotes. That shit was funny.

Probably not The Law likes downvoting about everything. He's a bum! When you say misclick you know he could unclick it but he didn't. A bum!

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Maybe a misclick? Reminds me of when bangerjay...

Opening night football misclick; fixed. Thanks.

Quoted from drfrightner:

Probably not The Law likes downvoting about everything.

I upvote more than I downvote
    Pretty short and to the point post; you're getting better!

#171 3 years ago

Getting fed up with Kaneda constantly shilling for JJP and slamming Stern at every turn. We get it, you won’t buy anything Stern (except Batman) and want everything JJP. JJP choice is only 5 machines produced over a 10 year period. Stern has produced 40 or more over that same period.

Chris it is hurting what ever kind of reputation you’ve had with this behavior. Stop with the slamming of Stern and building up JJP, because it is getting very old. Communicating your opinion can be done without Stern being constantly put down and JJP constantly touted as the greatest company ever, with the greatest designer ever. Eric to date, has only designed one game ever! How can one game make anyone the greatest designer ever???

Please think about this and your podcast will be taken more seriously and enjoyed better, imo. Inside info is good and enjoy your show/effort except what I’ve mentioned above.

#172 3 years ago

He has zero credibility as a reviewer 100% he is a poser. But I listen because of his rumors and his summation of hot topics.

#173 3 years ago

I guess this is an accurate description of K man.

F2967465-CE94-4B91-A934-F0F65E4B4590 (resized).jpegF2967465-CE94-4B91-A934-F0F65E4B4590 (resized).jpeg

#174 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Getting fed up with Kaneda constantly shilling for JJP and slamming Stern at every turn.

He does?

Quoted from Thunderbird:

We get it, you won’t buy anything Stern

He did

Quoted from Thunderbird:

and everything JJP, all 5 of their machines produced over a 10 year period.

He didn't.

#175 3 years ago

Man - just reading through this thread now and wow - where do I start. I love the hitters in here - the OG pinball crew. Let me level set.

Many of us appreciate listening to Kaneda’s podcast b/c of the inside information. To me, that’s interesting and something I rather hear more than a distributor trying to sell their shit or some pinball dork talking about their high score. There is no pinball company ass kissing and you noticed once his podcast was back, shit was brought back into check.

Tournament pinball is a borefest. Simple as that. You guys can get your high score but take a hobby that is already so small that we’re a freaking statistical error and let’s reduce that even more to guys who care about score. The OG guys will say I have no idea what I’m talking about b/c I haven’t been in the scene long enough - well good, that’s actually a plus b/c shit is getting rewritten. Pumping some new blood into this old mans club.

Now Chris doesn’t help himself sometimes by over hyping things beyond belief. GnR has to be the greatest pinball game every made the way he talks about it and it’s inevitable - we all know that won’t be the case. He’ll take shit for it no doubt but what I always appreciate is the kids true passion for what’s next and getting us excited for it. Just check your expectations and take what you want from the podcast and you’ll be much happier.

#176 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

There is no pinball company ass kissing and you noticed once his podcast was back, shit was brought back into check.

Lol yeah I'm sure he has 'em quaking in their boots.

#177 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Lol yeah I'm sure he has 'em quaking in their boots.

yep - which is why they don't show their views. Why? b/c it's a joke compared to Kaneda's.

Fact....and it BURNS them up (especially the ones that really try by making it a hour + extravaganza).

#178 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

yep - which is why they don't show their views. Why? b/c it's a joke compared to Kaneda's.
    Fact....and it BURNS them up (especially the ones that really try by making it a hour + extravaganza).

We are still talking about pinball podcasts, right? 1000 listen to this guy, 100 listen to that guy, the audience sizes are all a joke in the world of professional podcasting. You'd have to hope that no one's stroking out over it.

#179 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Man - just reading through this thread now and wow - where do I start. I love the hitters in here - the OG pinball crew. Let me level set.
    Many of us appreciate listening to Kaneda’s podcast b/c of the inside information. To me, that’s interesting and something I rather hear more than a distributor trying to sell their shit or some pinball dork talking about their high score. There is no pinball company ass kissing and you noticed once his podcast was back, shit was brought back into check.
    Tournament pinball is a borefest. Simple as that. You guys can get your high score but take a hobby that is already so small that we’re a freaking statistical error and let’s reduce that even more to guys who care about score. The OG guys will say I have no idea what I’m talking about b/c I haven’t been in the scene long enough - well good, that’s actually a plus b/c shit is getting rewritten. Pumping some new blood into this old mans club.
    Now Chris doesn’t help himself sometimes by over hyping things beyond belief. GnR has to be the greatest pinball game every made the way he talks about it and it’s inevitable - we all know that won’t be the case. He’ll take shit for it no doubt but what I always appreciate is the kids true passion for what’s next and getting us excited for it. Just check your expectations and take what you want from the podcast and you’ll be much happier.

#180 3 years ago

We can have a Kaneda drinking game. Every time he says “world under glass” we take a shot.

#181 3 years ago

Podcaster G.O.A.T.
    3X TWIP.
    Enough said.
    F23D60E6-F676-4E57-A656-441F915391FB (resized).jpegF23D60E6-F676-4E57-A656-441F915391FB (resized).jpeg

#182 3 years ago
    Screenshot_20200917-170937_Facebook~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200917-170937_Facebook~2 (resized).jpg
    #183 3 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

It is fascinating.. how closely people pay attention to him.

What is fascinating to me is that there are members in here with thousands of posts. It's pinball. Some of you guys should watch this, and take Shatner's advice:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/trekkies/n9511

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I upvote more than I downvote

#185 3 years ago

Well don't sit there like a dolt wondering, go look it up.
    Everyone has in their member section their pulse. Toggle only Thumbs and you get this

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/thelaw/pulse?activity_linktypes%5B%5D=thumbs

#186 3 years ago

To get a thumbs down from me you have to work for it.
    Up
    Down
    Ratio
    97.5%

crediblehulk (resized).jpgcrediblehulk (resized).jpg
    #187 3 years ago

Incredible Hulk, or Green Gryszzz..

#188 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Yo, Bruce Banner, how do I figure out the ratio of thumbs up to thumbs down that I’ve handed out? (I think the main display on your profile page is the thumbs up/down that other users have given to your posts). I feel like I’ve got to be 90%+ ups, but would be interesting to see the hard data!

#189 3 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

What is fascinating to me is that there are members in here with thousands of posts. It's pinball. Some of you guys should watch this, and take Shatner's advice:
    https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/trekkies/n9511

Gee ... thanks.

Oops - there's another post!

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Up
    Down
    Ratio
    97.5%[quoted image]

That's the thumbs up/down others have given you.

1 week later
    #191 3 years ago

Ben Heck is in the Top 3 of my Top 9 favorite podcast guests.

He thinks Bill Gates invented the iPod?

He also didn't do that great of a job summarizing The Necklace, but if you read the Wikipedia summary it does seem like a pretty astute comparison of the Deeproot/JPop relationship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Necklace

#192 3 years ago

:kidding:I thought K Man was going to have a heart failure during his last podcast regarding GNR

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

:kidding:I thought K Man was going to have a heart failure during his last podcast regarding GNR

i listen but dont take his reviews seriously. he did the same thing with wonka. i hope GNR is amazing i have a request in for LE spot.

#194 3 years ago

I was in the middle of episode 513 and he took it down. What did he say that he regretted this time?

#195 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I was in the middle of episode 513 and he took it down. What did he say that he regretted this time?

O my! Could he have possibly offended an overly litigious egomaniac?

#196 3 years ago

Now have to go look for 513, did it have a tittle ?

#197 3 years ago

why a jjp hit matters, 513, is there on soundcloud anyway. However he explains why he took it down. Again i'm guessing Robert threatens everyone so probably wise, who needs a litigious blowhard wasting your time?

#198 3 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

why a jjp hit matters, 513, is there on soundcloud anyway. However he explains why he took it down. Again i'm guessing Robert threatens everyone so probably wise, who needs a litigious blowhard wasting your time?

It had a different title before...

20201002_083957 (resized).jpg20201002_083957 (resized).jpg
    #199 3 years ago

What a massive crybaby. At this point I have so little respect for big shot Bob as a person that I don't know if I could bring myself to buy a deerpoot game even if it was awesome.

#200 3 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

I heard it last night and there was not anything said that would make Robert threaten him to take it down. He did a lot of trash talking on Steve Bowden for not answering his question when Steve answered other peoples so I bet that is why he took it down. I don't think Steve really deserved the stuff that was said and he is just a victim of circumstance on Robert's sinking titanic.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/4?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.