Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 27.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Not sure why anyone would hate the guy, I just don't know why anyone would listen.

I don't have time to read through all the posts on Pinside so listening to his podcast on my drive to work keeps me current with what is going on in the hobby. Other podcasts report what's going on as well but most are biased or are scared to give a negative opinion because it might effect their chances of getting an interview from that company down the road. Time is valuable to me and his podcast keeps me from spending hours on here so that is why I listen. I also enjoyed when he made fun of other Pinsiders however those days are long gone.

#102 3 years ago

I guess I was right go back and read what I said because I said he'd be back just before Guns N Roses released. Secondly, this whole his office got called was probably a hoax or gross embellishment to drum up attention. Why would his work care if he does a pinball podcast? That made no sense but now all of a sudden they don't care. C'mon some of you people got played for a sucker from a guy who consults companies on how to get attention to their brands. I mean think about it.

Kanade is good at getting attention, he loves attention, he thrives on it... no way in hell he was going to stop doing podcasts he loves hearing himself talk and the attention it brings. Honestly podcasts in general are boring as hell especially ones within the pinball world. Kanada does have a knack for making them more interesting to listen to which is why he's won the award three years in a row. Kanada podcast is by far the most listened even if its only a couple thousand people. I think Kanade has shown at least for podcasts the peak is 2500 ish people ... which tells us podcasts aren't the way to grow the industry. But for those who like podcasts Kanade is the Mount Everest. .

I'm glad he's doing is podcast again because it was more interesting with him doing them than not doing them. But if we're looking for mediums to grow pinball clearly it needs to be video related because pinball is a very visual product.

Anyway I said he would be back just before Guns N Roses would get revealed. Word on the street is next week so he's back just as I predicted because Kanada is predictable.

#103 3 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

What other pin podcast talked about the many quality problems certain pins had. K did it frequently and that was very good for pin consumers. No? Jerk or not that guy is the best advocate we have for checking pin companies on what they do wrong. Every other podcast just talks about the positive spin they can put on pins. Afraid the pin companies will get mad at them. They only discuss one side of the coin.

Are you saying you don’t like your pinball podcasts to be hour long ads for their distributor business or full of excuses for sterns overpricing and shit quality?

#104 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Are you saying you don’t like your pinball podcasts to be hour long ads for their distributor business or full of excuses for sterns overpricing and shit quality

I would say that. I listened to that podcast once let me repeat once. Worst podcast period end of story.

#105 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

I would say that. I listened to that podcast once let me repeat once. Worst podcast period end of story.

Do you even know what day it is. You are out to lunch man.

#106 3 years ago
    Quoted from gecko157:

Are you saying you don’t like your pinball podcasts to be hour long ads for their distributor business or full of excuses for sterns overpricing and shit quality?

Quoted from drfrightner:

They love me! They really love me! (Tears swelling up and chin quivering)

#107 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I don't have time to read through all the posts on Pinside so listening to his podcast on my drive to work keeps me current with what is going on in the hobby.

All u have to do is look at the main forum page and u will know when a pin has been officially announced and definitely will know when its released. What else is there to know? Hey if u find his podcast entertaining all the power to u.

#108 3 years ago
    Darkside (resized).jpgDarkside (resized).jpg
    #109 3 years ago

Chris, it is not professional to rag on about how much designers should make, building pinball machines. I know running my own business, if someone were to put the idea in another persons head they should be making more than their currently getting paid, wouldn’t be too happy. Running a business is a very tough balance, especially in times like these. RMS of a product and designer wages are not or should not be tied together, the way you suggest. Current scheme works and has worked back to the days of Bally/Williams.

Without Stern, Keith would be still designing in his basement. I’ve heard him say he enjoys having the large Stern facility at his command instead and the fact his designs are now enjoyed the world over.

Without Gary struggling to hang in there all these years, pinball would most likely be totally gone, along with the opportunity to create a pinball designers legacy.

#110 3 years ago

Jeez get the quote right at least...nerd

#111 3 years ago

Pinball podcasts hosted by people who actually like pinball = Sucking up to manufacturers because they afraid of them.... for some reason.... got it.

#112 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZMeny:

They love me! They really love me!

Is your goal to be loved, sell pinball games, or 7 million dollar JP Toppers that are worth about $250 dollars? Yo Zach can i be featured on your next pinball cribs? That is a serious question, I'd love to meet you, get your autograph, and give you a tour of my fridge and pinball collection. Dude I'm just messing with you! Keep flipping brother.

#113 3 years ago

At the end of the day, any podcast or media outlet that generates this much discussion must be doing something right. There’s a saying that goes any press is good press. I think that’s the case here.

#114 3 years ago

Chris, remove the masks and you might feel differently about the game drawing you in. Humans relate to things by facial expressions, even more important than words. It’s unfortunate that AIQ a potential winner for game of the year had to be streamed under the mask conditions.

Do you know how a book will draw you in more than a movie can? That’s the power of a book of comics, which this game is part and parcel comics. It has potential to draw you in, more than a movie, because of the power of your imagination. Book readers often don’t want to see a movie, because the movie they have in their mind is better.

Stop with the bad guy scenario too. This is comics and plenty of bad guys in it. Doesn’t need to be any worse to be effective. We don’t want dark in the game, its not needed and keeps with the comic feel.

#115 3 years ago

WTF is a cry babby?
    Is it anything like a crybaby?

#116 3 years ago

I think it´s great.
    For me, he adds fun and energy to the hobby.

Welcome back!

#117 3 years ago

I never got all the commotion and hate over Kaneda’s podcast, if you don’t like it don’t listen to it. I have been stuck at home for 10 months, I can’t drive and am alone most of the time. My seizures have gone from 2 to 3 per day to 4 to 5 a week thanks to giant doses of seizure meds, sometimes I lose the ability to speak for hours at a time. Having a seizure when I am at home alone is one of the most terrifying things I have ever experienced. Every 8 weeks I go for an MRI to see if the 2 brain tumors are growing since my radiation treatments. I guess my point is that some people like me don’t have a lot of joy in their lives and if a pinball podcast can take my mind off all the bad stuff in my life for 40 minutes i will take it. It may not seem like a big deal for most people but it is a big deal to me! I know Chris says some off the wall stuff sometimes but he is not hurting anyone and in a small way he is helping some of us.. like me to pass time and feel normal even if it’s just for a short time.

Sorry for the long post

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

I never got all the commotion and hate over Kaneda’s podcast, if you don’t like it don’t listen to it. I have been stuck at home for 10 months, I can’t drive and am alone most of the time. My seizures have gone from 2 to 3 per day to 4 to 5 a week thanks to giant doses of seizure meds, sometimes I lose the ability to speak for hours at a time. Having a seizure when I am at home alone is one of the most terrifying things I have ever experienced. Every 8 weeks I go for an MRI to see if the 2 brain tumors are growing since my radiation treatments. I guess my point is that some people like me don’t have a lot of joy in their lives and if a pinball podcast can take my mind off all the bad stuff in my life for 40 minutes i will take it. It may not seem like a big deal for most people but it is a big deal to me! I know Chris says some off the wall stuff sometimes but he is not hurting anyone and in a small way he is helping some of us.. like me to pass time and feel normal even if it’s just for a short time.
    Sorry for the long post

I feel the same way. I was angry when he went off the air, because the virus and politics were making me sick. It was my one escape. But I'm going through nothing compared to you. Sucks you're still deep in this man. I hope things get better soon! Sending good vibes your way!

#119 3 years ago
    Quoted from spandol:

I feel the same way. I was angry when he went off the air, because the virus and politics were making me sick. It was my one escape.

The longer the shutdowns continue, the more people are losing their minds. Some of the people I work with are borderline basket cases.

#120 3 years ago

New episode about avengers stream last night is up!

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

The longer the shutdowns continue, the more people are losing their minds. Some of the people I work with are borderline basket cases.

I'm in that boat....

#122 3 years ago

Pinball Podcast content is back. I haven't listened to a pinball show since he left. Nice to have him back.

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

... Nice to have him back.

Refreshingly so. Agree with him or not, Chris has communication talents that many other podcasters can only wish for.

#124 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Refreshingly so. Agree with him or not, Chris has communication talents that many other podcasters can only wish for.

I feel like the podcast format is much more effective than what he's been doing with the Facebook Live stuff. That feels more ADD, dog chasing a frisby kinda thing, with checking the chat constantly and him being fed stimulation wise.

#125 3 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

this whole his office got called was probably a hoax or gross embellishment to drum up attention

Interesting take. But I think mostly it’s true ie someone called the boss (someone even posted contact details here and encouraged a call) and discredited Kaneda. The boss told him nothing more nothing less he said. Kaneda then made the decision to quit the podcast regardless if the boss did give a fuck or not to take no risk nothing more nothing less he said.

Right is he presented the incident much more dramatic than it was.

#126 3 years ago

Hope we get the Jersey Jack company episode i was rather looking forward to that.

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Hope we get the Jersey Jack company episode i was rather looking forward to that.

It'll be behind a paywall for Patreon supporters, but immediately leaked.

#128 3 years ago

So September 15th Kaneda is revealing picture of GnR play field...Remember he promised if JerseyJack didn't make an announcement before then, he would post a picture.

Obviously it won't happen. Kaneda doesn't actually have a picture. The guy is a liar. The next day he back tracked and made up a story that Jersey Jack is angry with him about potentially releasing a picture that he "posted" before, but somehow no one saw it. That's what I don't like about Kaneda, he can be entertaining, but flat out lying and making up stories is super sketchy and immature. It's like watching a 12 year old nerd tell us about his super hot model girlfriend that goes to another school. If Kaneda actually has a picture (spoiler...he doesn't)...I'll eat my words. But I can guarantee he won't release anything on September 15th 2020. He's full of it. So if you enjoy listening to a guy lie to you, then Kaneda is your guy. Besides the lying he's fine, he has animated discussions, talks pinball, speculation etc. Just no need to lie.

#129 3 years ago

(edited)

#130 3 years ago

yep..CNN sucks

#131 3 years ago

LOL! You think it's only been 4 years. Try forever! I don't have a party I like, so I'm not taking sides, but being lied to is as American as slice cheese

#132 3 years ago

He has a picture.. posted to his facebook.. I saw it just didnt screen grab it. That said he wont share it.

Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

So September 15th Kaneda is revealing picture of GnR play field...Remember he promised if JerseyJack didn't make an announcement before then, he would post a picture.
    Obviously it won't happen. Kaneda doesn't actually have a picture. The guy is a liar. The next day he back tracked and made up a story that Jersey Jack is angry with him about potentially releasing a picture that he "posted" before, but somehow no one saw it. That's what I don't like about Kaneda, he can be entertaining, but flat out lying and making up stories is super sketchy and immature. It's like watching a 12 year old nerd tell us about his super hot model girlfriend that goes to another school. If Kaneda actually has a picture (spoiler...he doesn't)...I'll eat my words. But I can guarantee he won't release anything on September 15th 2020. He's full of it. So if you enjoy listening to a guy lie to you, then Kaneda is your guy. Besides the lying he's fine, he has animated discussions, talks pinball, speculation etc. Just no need to lie.

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

September 15th Kaneda is revealing picture of GnR play field...

Where was this posted/stated?

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

He has a picture.. posted to his facebook.. I saw it just didnt screen grab it. That said he wont share it.

Ok, describe the picture then.

Nice try Kaneda!

#135 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Where was this posted/stated?

He stated it in his facebook live. Then the next day facebook live he started making excuses as to why he won't reveal it.

PLEASE, if he had any leak, he'd post it right away. Being secretive is not his mojo.

Even when he was asked what the play field looked like he gave the most generic answer, like, it had more than one flipper and there is a lot of guns n roses themed stuff and says the artwork is awesome...Ok...I could of said the same safe answers too. It has 4 legs, bumpers, lights, band members. etc.

#136 3 years ago

#137 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

LOL! You think it's only been 4 years. Try forever! I don't have a party I like, so I'm not taking sides, but being lied to is as American as slice cheese

The difference is that it has become blatant. To an absurd degree. Consequently, we as a society have become numb to it.

So if a podcaster says one thing and then does another, it's just another day on the internet.

#138 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Who cares if it’s real or fiction, it’s entertaining! Plus it’s only pinball! A box with some lights and a metal ball. Long as he’s entertaining and enthusiastic he can make up all the shit he wants I’ll still listen. I find it quite exciting to see if what he says happens or not a bit of suspense is fun some times especially in what should be a fun hobby

Deeproot has slightly taken the piss on the suspense I might add

#139 3 years ago

It will not allow me to go back further than the Jigoko episode. Anyone else having this problem.

#140 3 years ago

Was there an episode 500?

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yes, alledgedly to do with JJP Guns N Roses

#142 3 years ago

lol looks like a struck a cord with Christopher/Kaneda. I guess liars don't like being called out. I apologize for calling you out on the lying bro! I'll keep my observations of your lying to myself next time. BTW, Saying "I saw the art, so how would i know the art is awesome" as proof you saw it, is the most laughable thing and then saying Axl is in the centre of a group pic? NO WAAAAY...you're telling me the singer of a band is at the center? MIND BLOWN! REVOLUTIONARY! Next thing your going to share is that Slash is wearing a top hat in the artwork. Come on man, you were better off not addressing me then stretching the lie and further looking foolish. I use to think you were entertaining, but now that you called me out instead of walking the walk, you're just desperate, and sad, really. Also calling me a troll, newbie, a clown, a hater, and all other sorts of names because I challenged you on a lie, is a great counter! Then you spend half a facebook live wondering why people hate you and complaining that you did nothing to them. I never called you a name or a fraud, I actually complimented you many times and said my only concern is the blatant lying and that turns me away. No need to lie. But you do you bud, and continue to fill in your time throwing yourself a pity party on your little podcasts and then the other half wondering why people don't like you and wondering why they have beef with you, and you claim to be the victim. Lose the act buddy. Personally, I don't have beef because I could care less about you, you're laughable and meaningless to me. Also why do you keep calling your viewers "slow"? You literally just called them all slow in this current facebook live. I can see why you think you can get away lying to them all the time, because you think so low of them.

#143 3 years ago
    Quoted from vicjw66:

Yep! The only one I actually heard. He was boohooing the whole time. Poor me someone contacted my job. I might loose it. Man up special K! I know what I tell them. You guys remember all that overtime you gave me over years? You know what I did with that? Yesss I put it in the damn bank. Oh you want to me fire me for no reason? Cool! I’ll be milking you guys like cow for the 2 years. Better yet I have all this time on my hands. How about I hire a PI to follow y’all around in your spare time? Don’t worry the ceo will get them emails in full detail. That’s just me. Just saying.

#144 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

lol looks like a struck a cord with Christopher/Kaneda. I guess liars don't like being called out. I apologize for calling you out on the lying bro! I'll keep my observations of your lying to myself next time. BTW, Saying "I saw the art, so how would i know the art is awesome" as proof you saw it, is the most laughable thing and then saying Axl is in the centre of a group pic? NO WAAAAY...you're telling me the singer of a band is at the center? MIND BLOWN! REVOLUTIONARY! Next thing your going to share is that Slash is wearing a top hat in the artwork. Come on man, you were better off not addressing me then stretching the lie and further looking foolish. I use to think you were entertaining, but now that you called me out instead of walking the walk, you're just desperate, and sad, really. Also calling me a troll, newbie, a clown, a hater, and all other sorts of names because I challenged you on a lie, is a great counter! Then you spend half a facebook live wondering why people hate you and complaining that you did nothing to them. I never called you a name or a fraud, I actually complimented you many times and said my only concern is the blatant lying and that turns me away. No need to lie. But you do you bud, and continue to fill in your time throwing yourself a pity party on your little podcasts and then the other half wondering why people don't like you and wondering why they have beef with you, and you claim to be the victim. Lose the act buddy. Personally, I don't have beef because I could care less about you, you're laughable and meaningless to me. Also why do you keep calling your viewers "slow"? You literally just called them all slow in this current facebook live. I can see why you think you can get away lying to them all the time, because you think so low of them.

For the love of God, paragraph breaks!

#145 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yep! The only one I actually heard. He was boohooing the whole time. Poor me someone contacted my job. I might loose it. Man up special K! I know what I tell them. You guys remember all that overtime you gave me over years? You know what I did with that? Yesss I put it in the damn bank. Oh you want to me fire me for no reason? Cool! I’ll be milking you guys like cow for the 2 years. Better yet I have all this time on my hands. How about I hire a PI to follow y’all around in your spare time? Don’t worry the ceo will get them emails in full detail. That’s just me. Just saying.

That was 499.

#146 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:That was 499.

Well I didn’t get paragraph break. I guess... I’m even somehow. Yeah I will read this at some point and be like wtf!

#148 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:I guess liars don't like being called out.

compared to what you wrote, this would have allowed you to make your point while being far more entertaining.

#149 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

Ok, describe the picture then.
    Nice try Kaneda!

Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

He stated it in his facebook live. Then the next day facebook live he started making excuses as to why he won't reveal it.
    PLEASE, if he had any leak, he'd post it right away. Being secretive is not his mojo.
    Even when he was asked what the play field looked like he gave the most generic answer, like, it had more than one flipper and there is a lot of guns n roses themed stuff and says the artwork is awesome...Ok...I could of said the same safe answers too. It has 4 legs, bumpers, lights, band members. etc.

Quoted from Lou-E-Gee:

I noticed in your profile that you're a newbie here on Pinside and yet well informed and versed.
    - Yeah, I hate dishonesty and pretenders too.
    Welcome to Pinside.

#150 3 years ago

Good listening, better than before not as much ranting and whining.

Listening to topper episode has a good review at the end of that episode about R&M review which I agree with him about. I’m getting R&M and think it’s probably a B level but the theme and the humor and call outs and clips make it worth it for me.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/3?hl=mr9865 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.