Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 27.
    #51 3 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

So he lied about his job making him stop... shocker

he stopped by choice. both, because of the disbelief and disappointment he felt of someone going as far as to contact his employer, and to let things cool down. just like returning was his choice. his employer has no more or less say in his activities and hobbyies outside of work than anyone else's.

#52 3 years ago

It was a good show as always but I felt his presentation was a bit rusty or maybe guarded. Am I alone on that?

#53 3 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

... Looks like he's going to try and have a more positive attitude going forward. ...

It will be interesting to see how long Chris holds to this given how many times he has made other declarations of change, but then reverted back to his former self/style.

Just part of the Kaneda personality that makes him entertaining to listen to though and I'm glad his podcast has returned. Warts and all.

#54 3 years ago
    Quoted from Krupps4:

For what it’s worth, at the end of the podcast he said everything he said previously was true.

Well I'm convinced.

#55 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Well I'm convinced.

He has been wrong from time to time.

#56 3 years ago

I'm happy he's back i enjoyed listening to his podcast

#57 3 years ago

To me his show was entertaining at times, but then I remember we had a decent social media friendship and it just kind of.. disappeared. So for me the Chis Kooluris show is like a karma chameleon, it comes and goes. His approach to people is marketing incarnate- like Diana from the classic satire film 'Network.' So I choose to not support what I don't believe in.

#58 3 years ago

one of the poll options should be "who the hell is Kaneda?"

#59 3 years ago

this guys voice is annoying

#60 3 years ago
    Quoted from ralphcousman:

this guys voice is annoying

His voice makes me moist

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

It was a good show as always but I felt his presentation was a bit rusty or maybe guarded. Am I alone on that?

It felt neutered. Likely how it will be going forward since he doesn't want to personally attack anyone which could be used against him. I'll miss the pinside babies shows since they were always my favorite.

#62 3 years ago

Hold the presses. Podcast 501. Thought he left off at 499. Hmmm.

#63 3 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

Hold the presses. Podcast 501. Thought he left off at 499. Hmmm.

He did a 500. He’s just sitting it. It was the JJP/GNR reveal.

#64 3 years ago

My eyes are rolling so far they fell out of my head. Can't listen, won't listen. But good luck to him, hopefully the newer, more positive version will be a good show. He will probably lose listeners who tune into the show mostly to hear the trash, and that will end only one of two ways.

#65 3 years ago

It’s good to have him back, Iv tried listening to others but just can’t get into them they just ain’t Kaneda maybe you need a certain type of personality to like him or something I don’t know but I like it

Did he have some donation link? I’d pay to keep him around.

#67 3 years ago

Signed up, this is content I am willing to pay for! (And pinball chronicles that show rules!)

#68 3 years ago

If he ever interviews Choggard I'll tune in--otherwise it's a pass.

#69 3 years ago

the whole kaneda this is an I-D-10-T error.

#70 3 years ago

Good for those who love listening to him, I never have and never will. It sounds like he has a narcissistic personality disorder. I do enjoy reading the posts of those who worship him and those who despise him.

#71 3 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I do enjoy reading the posts of those who worship him and those who despise him.

So you came into this thread hoping to find neither of those?
    Just kidding a little.

#72 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I understand you're kind if new. Trust me, I'd be posting no matter what.

law mows the grass and keeps the dogs fed here!

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

hopefully the newer, more positive version

So far he throwed dirt on every modern pin besides GNR and RAZA that are not released (yet). That’s why so many hate him. I find that annoying sometimes but keep listening bc it’s entertaining.

#74 3 years ago

Remember how kaneda basically devoted like every show to the clear coat issues and then basically took credit for being the one to force manufacturers to change? Except they didn't change. The problems continue and he's back hyping new games as if the problems don't exist.

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Remember how kaneda basically devoted like every show to the clear coat issues and then basically took credit for being the one to force manufacturers to change? Except they didn't change. The problems continue and he's back hyping new games as if the problems don't exist.

Well, I mean he is an idiot, so...

I really liked about 25 percent of his podcats. I enjoy how he would not be a yes man to the industry and somehow get lots of news (which often was clearly not real or accurate). However, I hated his huge ego and I hated how he played the victim constantly. When I first listened I thought I fell upon a special rare treat where he spoke about how pinside was mean to him.... nope. That was his fucking schtick.

#76 3 years ago
    Quoted from russdx:

Signed up, this is content I am willing to pay for! (And pinball chronicles that show rules!)

The guy rails against everything that costs money in pinball yet buys games exclusively to flip them for profit, then has the stones to take money for a podcast.

You're funding an ego, nothing more.

#77 3 years ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I do enjoy reading the posts of those who worship him and those who despise him.

I have a Kaneda prayer mat and all of my money goes to his Pantheon account.
    (Jesus, we enjoy his podcast, we don't worship)

blackcat4 (resized).jpgblackcat4 (resized).jpg

#78 3 years ago

If he follows through on his softer touch and doesnt talk shit about everything and everyone Ill enjoy the podcast more. I dunno if he can hold himself back long, but I hope he can.

#79 3 years ago

Meh, guy makes outrageous claims for attention. When they come true people on here praise him. When they don't those same people make excuses.

#80 3 years ago

U guys r aware that this is just pinball. How anyone can do a podcast based solely on this hobby is amazing to me, not too mention it takes a special kind of douche-bag to get banned from pinside.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Meh, guy makes outrageous claims for attention. When they come true people on here praise him. When they don't those same people make excuses.

Sounds like another massive ego I know.

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Sounds like another massive ego I know.

That describes a massive number in this hobby. The difference with Kaneda is he shouts through a bullhorn.

#84 3 years ago

Welcome back Kaneda!

As a long time listener I have to say that the hobby was not the same without that podcast on the air.

#85 3 years ago

Kaneda adds spice to the pinball scene. Some people like it hot and some don’t.

#86 3 years ago

Where’s option 4 on the poll?

“Knew he wasn’t gone and would come back”

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Kaneda adds spice to the pinball scene. Some people like it hot and some don’t.

The kind of spice that gives you diarrhea

#88 3 years ago

I can tolerate his cringy narcissistic disorder to a certain degree. Just tell me any pinball podcast as entertaining.
    I'm glad hes back, i just hope he can hold his shit together and don't be as stupit as before...

#89 3 years ago

He's okay-ish. I wish there was a "skip douchebaggery" feature on the podcast, I hate the wasted time on drama. He's like the Jersey Shore of Pinball. Kind of like a WWF character, you know, the annoying self promotion, a bit of entertaining, drama, and somewhere in that there is actual athleticism. Just like his podcast, somewhere in there, there is some pinball information/discussion. I'll listen once in a while if I'm super bored. Good luck to him, I know he talks a lot about positive vibes, but time to just do it, let go of the ego, or don't. I don't care not my podcast...after all, lots of people like Jersey Shore and WWF. You do you Chris. I know you're reading, all the best.

#90 3 years ago

I never listened before but started this past week. I enjoy it.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jeffswack:

I never listened before but started this past week. I enjoy it.

Hopefully he'll atleast put up his interview archives for new listeners there's some good interviews over the years.

#92 3 years ago

Yet, here you are....

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yet, here you are....

Just because i dont like something doesn't mean i ignore it, push it away. I like to learn more about the things i dont like to have a better understanding of whatever it is to make an informed opinion that i keep learning on. This way when i make a comment positive or negative it comes from someone who is informed on whatever the topic may be.

More people should try it.

#94 3 years ago

This thread is filled with people who love Kaneda or hate kaneda but listen to kaneda. And the latter group will deny but that’s fine. A lot of jealousy here - i get it.

Thank god kaneda is back. Spice up this industry and get people talking. And the ballpin stunt was hilarious.

King is back.

#95 3 years ago

Just because i dont like something doesn't mean i ignore it, push it away. I like to learn more about the things i dont like to have a better understanding of whatever it is to make an informed opinion that i keep learning on. This way when i make a comment positive or negative it comes from someone who is informed on whatever the topic may be.

What's your informed opinion?

#96 3 years ago

Enjoy your podcast and appreciate your time and effort. Hobby wasn’t the same while you were gone. Keep it professional and you’ll go even further this time around.

#97 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

hate kaneda but listen to kaneda.

Not sure why anyone would hate the guy, I just don't know why anyone would listen. Hes not affecting anything in the industry or in upcoming releases, hes not playing pins live with tutorials like DeadFlip. Whats the point?

#98 3 years ago

...sounds like an informed opinion to me....

#99 3 years ago

If I were a Patreon supporter, I'd probably pause my support until he unlocks the back catalog of episodes. As much as there is to complain about, he did get some interviews with important people.

#100 3 years ago

What other pin podcast talked about the many quality problems certain pins had. K did it frequently and that was very good for pin consumers. No? Jerk or not that guy is the best advocate we have for checking pin companies on what they do wrong. Every other podcast just talks about the positive spin they can put on pins. Afraid the pin companies will get mad at them. They only discuss one side of the coin.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/2?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.