Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 27.
    #1251 2 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

I am not sure how anyone sees real value in what he provides.

He's just simply entertaining to listen to, aside from content. He could be talking about butter churning technique and I'd still tune in to listen. I certainly think he'll return to free episodes, and I also think all of this is totally thought out and calculated...his profession is marketing and it shows.

#1252 2 years ago
    Quoted from Perspex:

He's just simply entertaining to listen to, aside from content.

Huh?

Quoted from Perspex:

I also think all of this is totally thought out and calculated...his profession is marketing and it shows.

Good lord, you are giving him way too much credit......nothing he does it thought out and that is what really shows.

#1253 2 years ago

I disagree with what Kaneda says more than I agree with him, and I’m not a fan of his self promotion or pandering. I’m shocked that his fan base is paying him at least 300 x $60/yr = >$18k; and I really don’t like that he’s become a ‘flipper’ buying/selling LE’s for quick profit.

With all that said…give credit where credit is due: His podcast is (was) the best in terms of production quality and interesting content. I’m not a die hard fan…but if I’m in the mood for pinball talk, I’ll tune to his podcast first. I probably also prefer that he has a point, he gets to it, and he’s done in <45 minutes. (He could probably be done in 30 minutes if he didn’t pound his point over and over).

I occasionally listen to other pinball podcasts too…most are fine…but I feel his is the only professional grade production.

Anyway…if he’s done with free content, I will admittedly miss him, but I won’t subscribe. I suspect many of his casual listeners feel the same. Maybe he cares / maybe he doesnt. Money speaks; fair enough.

#1254 2 years ago

I don't agree with everything that Kaneda says but I'll give him this, he's not afraid to speak his mind. So many other Pinball podcasts lack integrity as they are trying to stay in the good graces of certain pinball companies. Some of these other pinball podcasters may have friends or family that work for a pinball company, they are work for or are a pinball distributor, or they simply don't want to be critical of certain companies. Kaneda doesn't care about those factors and as a result speaks his mind. That speaking your mind part and doing it well keeps people listening.

#1255 2 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

he's not afraid to speak his mind.

His mind? Which one? Because he contradicts himself every few hours i’m not sure which you feel is genuine.

#1256 2 years ago

How long have people been mistreating this guy and/or threatening his livelihood? At least six years and counting, apparently:

https://rec.games.pinball.narkive.com/bTDbVzAP/kaneda-is-quitting-rgp-for-good-you-can-thank-tee-cee

Gotta feel for him. Just trying to enjoy pinball in peace but continually attacked and pulled into drama. If it weren't for bad luck, some people wouldn't have any luck at all.

#1257 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Just trying to enjoy pinball in peace but continually attacked and pulled into drama.

Oh for fucks sake dude, really?? Funny how none of the other podcasters have to deal with "drama." 100% self-inflicted.

Did you read the posts about him at NYPC?

#1258 2 years ago

I will repeat that I enjoy his podcasts and have nothing against chirs, but drama follows him around. He seems to have been banned from just about every forum he has ever been a part of. His podcasts are best when he just talks about pinball, and the only real drama I ever see is when he talks about it. Yes, there are aholes in this forum, but the majority of members make this a great drama free community. He loves to sling shit at pinside, but I just don't see what he does.

#1259 2 years ago

I was a Patreon supporter for a few months but just resigned my donations. Having public podcasts made him gather his supporters. Leaving them behind for donation only listeners felt wrong to me.

Good luck Chris. Your shows were entertaining but Ciao for now.

#1260 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dan1733:

Instead of Kaneda, talk about how an amazing gem like Big Brave could not conceivably be made today. You'll get buried in posts about not being woke.

Well that sounds fucking stupid.

#1261 2 years ago

How long have people been mistreating this guy and/or threatening his livelihood? At least six years and counting, apparently:
    https://rec.games.pinball.narkive.com/bTDbVzAP/kaneda-is-quitting-rgp-for-good-you-can-thank-tee-cee
    Gotta feel for him. Just trying to enjoy pinball in peace but continually attacked and pulled into drama. If it weren't for bad luck, some people wouldn't have any luck at all.

Quoted from metallik:

Oh for fucks sake dude, really?? Funny how none of the other podcasters have to deal with "drama." 100% self-inflicted.
    Did you read the posts about him at NYPC?

(I was being ironical)

#1262 2 years ago

(I was being ironical)

DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gifDC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    #1263 2 years ago

Thing is you sound exactly like his supporters, irony hard to detect. I removed my DV but someone else already dropped a new one...

#1264 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Thing is you sound exactly like his supporters, irony hard to detect. I removed my DV but someone else already dropped a new one...

No worries!

Shared that link because I hadn't realized how far back the victimhood quitting and job threatened allegations went (I've only been around for the two most recent cycles).

#1265 2 years ago
    Quoted from Manimal:

For the 1st time in a while, I listened to the Facebook thing because I had some time to kill.
    I love how he says Zach urged him to go with a pay-to-listen model....of course he did, as he knows it will drastically cut his listeners and TWIPY voters.
    If it were such a good model, all of the others would have been doing it long ago.
    Personally, I listen now and again for the entertainment value...usually after someone here posts about it and gives him free advertising like today....but I have never heard any real content that is worth paying anything to listen. That is not saying anything about him as a person...I get some like him and some don't, and that is their choice, but the content just isn't there. if he gave his listeners something meaningful outside of an occasional rumor and a few drunken rants, them maybe it would be worth a couple of bucks. But he has pissed off enough folks to keep anyone relevant in the industry from talking to him or going on his show. I am not sure how anyone sees real value in what he provides.
    He keeps talking about $5 being 'nothing', but my time is more valuable than the $5 and that is the part he undervalues. he is correct that no one is getting rich from these podcasts, but $5 a month @ even 100 listeners is no chump change on his end, and that is ultimately what he is looking at. He doesn't care how valuable my time is, or what $5 means in my budget.....he is looking at the monthly value to him for what he provides to the masses.

It'll be an interesting experiment because the content is topical but it isn't evergreen. He leaks a name, a rumor, a title and someone will post it here. And that's what people are going to want for their money: Entertainment and leaks. With that comes pressure to deliver. Nothing against someone earning money. He has the best pinball podcast out there. He's the most entertaining by far over the "two dudes recapping their league and some private jokes" for an hour and 1:10 minutes.

#1266 2 years ago

I never doubted Chris’s place of work has been contacted before, because he has lots of people who care way too much about him in a bad way. But it’s kinda hard to feel bad if Chris can’t just get his shit together and say it isn’t worth it. Course that was before his patreon way paying for about half of his kids day care…

The symbiotic relationship between him and his haters is amusing. He won’t stop because of spite, and his haters keep hating which only refuels his spite.

And I do think there are a few haters that wouldn’t admit it, but are low key jealous that Chris almost makes 20k a year providing pinball takes while they spend just as much time writing walls of text for free. The amount of attention Chris’s takes get is outrageous to some and it drives them wild while being annoyed at his large shadow in certain pinball topics.

#1267 2 years ago

No worries!
    Shared that link because I hadn't realized how far back the victimhood quitting and job threatened allegations went (I've only been around for the two most recent cycles).

The post where he forgets to log out of "kaneda" into his fake account is hilarious. I remember episodes here where he got busted having conversations with himself. The fact that he's become an award winning pinball podcaster is just more proof we live in a simulation.

#1268 2 years ago

Lol, making 20 grand off his podcast......sure he is.

#1269 2 years ago

320 x 5 =1600 x 12 = $26,200 - patreon fee (3k guess)

#1270 2 years ago
    Quoted from Guinnesstime:

He's the most entertaining by far over the "two dudes recapping their league and some private jokes" for an hour and 1:10 minutes.

Sounds like the pinball podcast equivalent of radio Bob and Tom (and they're pretty much unlistenable)

Maybe the pinballnews or pinball magazine guys could start a podcast. It seems like they're strong demand for quality, non-assholery content

#1271 2 years ago

It seems I really got to him, he’s posting about me on Facebook! Awe Chris, did I hit a nerve? Poor baby!

#1272 2 years ago

Pinball magazine has had a monthly podcast for years now, look it up.
    No duechbag content at all, just bad microphones.

#1273 2 years ago

Remember his alter ego, “Kanada’s master”? CRINGE

#1274 2 years ago
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    #1275 2 years ago

Anybody care to share the link to the Patreon RSS feed?

#1276 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

320 x 5 =1600 x 12 = $26,200 - patreon fee (3k guess)

May want to recalibrate that calculator

#1277 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

But it is a toy. What else would you call it?

A game, would you call billiards a toy? I cant believe everyone down voted my post and considers pinball childish toys?

#1278 2 years ago
    Quoted from mjalexan:

May want to recalibrate that calculator

Ya, not to mention multiplying his current "paid" listeners by 12 months.....after what.....less than a month.

#1279 2 years ago

Had some downtime at work so thought I might catch up on some podcasts since Howard Stern is on a break. Come to find the Kaneda one in not there on SoundCloud anymore. Kind of a bummer. As far as pinball podcasts go, it was one of the more entertaining ones. Never understood why people let the guy get under their skin so much. He’s kinda like that Colin Cowherd guy. It’s all about ratings, and ruffling feathers gets the ratings.

Quoted from Msch:

Remember his alter ego, “Kanada’s master”? CRINGE

God, that was awful. Slow down the tape speed, and pretend you’re someone else? That and the Tony Montana impersonations were big whiffs.

#1280 2 years ago

Just got around to catching up on this thread, and it baffles me, how are people in such denial?
    On his Facebook RIGHT NOW he’s making direct call outs for different users here. The foolish boy begs for attention.

I feel bad for TigerLaw not sure if you’re actually friends with him but you’ve become his temporary shield, shortly he will probably hate you and blame you for everything.

What I want to understand is how all these people pay him and bury their heads in the sand when he is blatantly putting his personal vendettas on his page? He really deserves everything he has gotten here, RGP, and Facebook. He is a nasty, and petty person who tries to ruin people’s lives. I will post screenshots for the Chris-apologists.

P.S. If Special K decides to admire me and wants to obsesses and fangirl over my post, please tag me here, I don’t watch his show. Genuinely gave it another try, but they’re very poorly produced and boring. He should take notes from talented folks like the Buffalo Pinball guys

D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpegD58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg

#1281 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If that's the most annoying thing you have ever come across in your life, you are doing very well. Congrats

By podcasters, not in life. Dont know what would give you the idea I meant it as everything in the whole world, so you make up news for a jab? Nice

#1282 2 years ago
    Quoted from RJW:

Ya, not to mention multiplying his current "paid" listeners by 12 months.....after what.....less than a month.

At least one has mentioned they pay in one of higher tiers so who's to say what he makes off of it. Likely not enough to justify the work involved so he's certainly not interested in dollar amount but more the recognition of said work.

#1283 2 years ago

I did save all his old episodes, even the ones he deleted after a few minutes posting. What is the copyright situation if I repost these?

#1284 2 years ago
    Quoted from Perspex:

At least one has mentioned they pay in one of higher tiers so who's to say what he makes off of it. Likely not enough to justify the work involved so he's certainly not interested in dollar amount but more the recognition of said work.

Recognition came in fine when he was free. Pay to justify? Nah. This ain’t his career. No one forced him to pound out 600 episodes.

When do I get my award for never calling out sick, being early and leaving late as well as being the best at what I do? Cuz it’s not about the paycheck….

#1285 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What I want to understand is how all these people pay him and bury their heads in the sand when he is blatantly putting his personal vendettas on his page? He really deserves everything he has gotten here, RGP, and Facebook. He is a nasty, and petty person who tries to ruin people’s lives.
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Forgive me, for I have not read through this thread, but does he really try to ruin people”s lives? I have not heard evidence of this before. I get that he will talk trash on his podcasts or occasionally reveals a game early, but I wouldn’t say that falls in the category of trying to ruin people’s lives. Now if he called up your work and told your boss some bs about you, that certainly would qualify, but I have not heard that.

#1286 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Recognition came in fine when he was free. Pay to justify? Nah. This ain’t his career. No one forced him to pound out 600 episodes.
    When do I get my award for never calling out sick, being early and leaving late as well as being the best at what I do? Cuz it’s not about the paycheck….

Thank you for you service.

#1287 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bumper:

I did save all his old episodes, even the ones he deleted after a few minutes posting. What is the copyright situation if I repost these?

Once he publishes something online, it’s fair game. Post the deleted ones where he’s slurring his words crying about pinside!

#1288 2 years ago

Anyone who has been banned from multiple forums and then created multiple shill accounts afterward including one posing as a woman should seek psychiatric help immediately! Ladyflippers I’m talking specifically to YOU! I lost all interest in what K had to say about pinball after his kiss ass early review of Wonka. It’s an ok game but there’s nothing revolutionary about it.

It must really suck to want to be part of this Forum but be banned for life.

#1289 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Sounds like the pinball podcast equivalent of radio Bob and Tom (and they're pretty much unlistenable)
    Maybe the pinballnews or pinball magazine guys could start a podcast. It seems like they're strong demand for quality, non-assholery content

Lol their podcasts pretty much are the example why people follow kaneda. They are dry, insufferably long, and stale news.

The sad part is the people “seeking entertainment” turn off their brains and morals to be entertained.

Publish the emails!

#1290 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Once he publishes something online, it’s fair game.

That’s not how it works at all

#1291 2 years ago

What the f@#$&? English is not even my second language but still I knew this was ironic. And Im not the sharpest of knives. Haha

#1292 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

It seems I really got to him, he’s posting about me on Facebook! Awe Chris, did I hit a nerve? Poor baby!

You are posting about him here

#1293 2 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

You are posting about him here

Yep, I enjoy mocking him. And if he posts a free episode, I’ll listen.

#1294 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

A game, would you call billiards a toy? I cant believe everyone down voted my post and considers pinball childish toys?

In fairness, you came off whiny and self important.

#1295 2 years ago

On his Facebook RIGHT NOW he’s making direct call outs for different users here.]

He he gave me a Supernatural Gif; I get to be Dean!
    "SAMMY!"

I wish I could post 37k times in a year

#1296 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Yep, I enjoy mocking him. And if he posts a free episode, I’ll listen.

Let’s pump the brakes here, my stance is obviously well known, but we are also trying to maintain some civil discourse here. We don’t want this to became like the Old Taco bash thread. That’s not the point.

I’ve defended Chris’ personal right to make his podcast, and I am vehemently against Cancel Culture. As certain people like to say “you have a right to say what you want but we have a right to call you out on it” that fits here. Will he’s done terrible things, he hasn’t broken the law (that I’m aware of). He’s allowed to be a knobhead and make bad choices in his personal time. We should not “dox” or threaten his work or his livelihood, just like he shouldn’t.

We all have some life outside of pinball. Saying “JJP are a buncha crooks for their defective playfields!” Shouldn’t affect you as a doctor, or a lawyer, or a corporate worker, or retail. Try to keep the pinball lens in focus, this is not a personal attack thread, despite what the person in question has done.

#1297 2 years ago

He’s definitely probably broken copyright law.

#1298 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:Let’s pump the brakes here, my stance is obviously well known, but we are also trying to maintain some civil discourse here. We don’t want this to became like the Old Taco bash thread. That’s not the point.
    I’ve defended Chris’ personal right to make his podcast, and I am vehemently against Cancel Culture. As certain people like to say “you have a right to say what you want but we have a right to call you out on it” that fits here. Will he’s done terrible things, he hasn’t broken the law (that I’m aware of). He’s allowed to be a knobhead and make bad choices in his personal time. We should not “dox” or threaten his work or his livelihood, just like he shouldn’t.
    We all have some life outside of pinball. Saying “JJP are a buncha crooks for their defective playfields!” Shouldn’t affect you as a doctor, or a lawyer, or a corporate worker, or retail. Try to keep the pinball lens in focus, this is not a personal attack thread, despite what the person in question has done.

Bro. When are you going to realize that everything about the “they called my employer” was a lie? It was marketing.

#1299 2 years ago

Let’s pump the brakes here, my stance is obviously well known, but we are also trying to maintain some civil discourse here. We don’t want this to became like the Old Taco bash thread. That’s not the point.

He made a Facebook account claiming to be Hilton, aka Whysnow. Then friended up a ton of people including Gomez and all the Stern guys while making personal post (as Hilton) and posting pics of Hilton's wife. That could be looked at as breaking the law? Identity theft?

And I believe throwing a drinking in a Stern's employee's face is considered assault.
    I can't believe people don't remember this stuff.

Here's an old FB post from Bowen Kerins about it;

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    #1300 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

I consider billiards a sport

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/26?hl=curban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.