Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 27.
    #1201 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

When I see that’s who the newest podcast is by I always try to listen, get super annoyed a few minutes in and turn it off. .

Hahaha! Yeah, that's basically me except add a minute or two of tapping the 30-sec-skip-button to get by the cornball nonsense. Repeat a few times and just bail.

And TPN is known for the running "joke" of cuddling up to other men; calling guys by dumb pet names and saying things like they want to tickle each other.

#1202 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

I also listened to that Zombie Yeti interview and holy crap their podcasts are tough to listen to. I don’t want to bring anyone else down and I love listening to TPN podcasts when I’m working. When I see that’s who the newest podcast is by I always try to listen, get super annoyed a few minutes in and turn it off. The prior one that compared pins to movies where at seems like neither of them had played the pin or seen the movie was wild.

Content just for contents sake is just lame - the whole thing is an infomercial to shill product for the sponsors and make you want to Buy, Buy,Buy

The longer the podcast the more they can shill- simple math actually and no different than watching broadcast TV - commercial every 10-12 minutes

As much as we don't like it at least Kaneda is being upfront about the need to be paid for his content. Unlike others, who as soon as you say - hey your making $$ off this - they get all indignant and have their fanboys rise up in chorus to extoll their virtues like a bunch of lemmings.

Kaneda is a bit hypocritical though, but hey if we don't like it we don't have to pay and no more twipy for you !!

#1203 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

And TPN is known for the running "joke" of cuddling up to other men; calling guys by dumb pet names and saying things like they want to tickle each other

Now you're making me almost want to watch...

#1204 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Content just for contents sake is just lame - the whole thing is an infomercial to shill product for the sponsors and make you want to Buy, Buy,Buy

Well, you’re wrong about this.

Aside from Zach Menys show, which is obviously promoting his own business at times, most podcasts make $0 from anybody. Super Awesome had a couple of sponsors that had ads. Outside of this, there are very few. You’d probably find that if someone has an ad for say Comet Pinball on their podcast, the podcast probably gets $50 store credit or something minimal.

Nobody is getting rich making pinball podcasts.

This narrative that Stern/JJP/whoever is secretly paying pinball podcasts to shill for them is the stuff of fiction. A narrative made up by a crazy person.

rd

#1206 2 years ago

Like a crackhead back to the pipe

#1207 2 years ago

Was it even a week? He couldn’t resist.

#1208 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:Podcasts remind me of when I was a kid in the late 70s, taping my own voice into a tape recorder, doing fake interviews with characters I'd invented. I'd do all the 'funny' voices, and edit music clips in between bits. I was just copying the legendary Kenny Everett (British DJ and comedian), who was decades ahead of his time.
    The reason I did it - I thought I was hilarious, and I LOVED the sound of my own voice. Pretty much sums up all Podcasters in my opinion.

Well, then I doubt you have ever listened to, for instance, Silverball Chronicles?

#1209 2 years ago

“I took my Facebook page down because it’s the holidays”...
    Lies lies lies haha. Just admit it Chris, you’re obsessed with yourself and what people think of you. https://www.facebook.com/KanedaPinballPodcast/videos/rush-sold-out/1266567077188884/

#1210 2 years ago

Looks like he is having a meltdown. You reap what you sow.

#1211 2 years ago

Look out screaminr. Kaneda's claiming you're scared again. Be strong.

Also, if Kaneda thinks you are backtracking, why doesn't he repost his episode where he basically cries about the spoiled godfather leak? Who's really scared, eh?

#1212 2 years ago

For those who (clearly) don't love Kaneda, why wouldn't you listen solely for the game rumors? Which are often correct, and recently very correct? Wouldn't you want to know games and features that are perhaps/probably coming down the line, to determine how and when you decide to spend 10k(or more) on the next new game?

Speaking for myself, any information about Venom, James Bond, or other titles is appreciated.

Plus, if you ever actually met him in person, you'd probably really like him....

Downvoting starting in 3, 2, 1.....

#1213 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Well, then I doubt you have ever listened to, for instance, Silverball Chronicles?

...which is a very good, informative although very long podcast which should be recognized as one of the few podcasts that actually provide some interesting facts/history about various pinball people and machines. Those guys actually have to do research and real work to put together Silverball Chronicles, they don't just hop on a mic and start rambling about what they got for Christmas..

#1214 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Lies lies lies haha. Just admit it Chris, you’re obsessed with yourself and what people think of you. https://www.facebook.com/KanedaPinballPodcast/videos/rush-sold-out/1266567077188884/

Buy, Buy, Buy vs. Beg, Beg, Beg

...and one more thing. 12 minutes later...

#1215 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Don’t we all take our social media pages down during the holidays instead of just not logging on??? Yeah that was a pretty pathetic explanation but on a brighter note knowing how he operates it will change here in 3, 2, 1

#1216 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dan1733:

For those who (clearly) don't love Kaneda, why wouldn't you listen solely for the game rumors? Which are often correct, and recently very correct? Wouldn't you want to know games and features that are perhaps/probably coming down the line, to determine how and when you decide to spend 10k(or more) on the next new game?
    Speaking for myself, any information about Venom, James Bond, or other titles is appreciated.
    Plus, if you ever actually met him in person, you'd probably really like him....
    Downvoting starting in 3, 2, 1.....

I listen to almost every show. I don’t even really enjoy pinball as a hobby. I sold all my games and would never buy another. Chris is a pure psychopath and I find the industry interesting. That’s why I listen.

#1217 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dan1733:

Why waste time and sanity listening to a narcissist asshole when the rumors all get reposted anyway?

#1218 2 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Why waste time and sanity listening to a narcissist asshole when the rumors all get reposted anyway?

Better questions: why spend your time talking about him, on a niche hobby thread, on a Wednesday night?

Is the objective to convince others not to listen? Why would that be satisfying? Do you engage folks in other fora, on other topics, warning those good people to tune out personalities or ideas that you find disagreeable?

Most successful social media personalities have a large and/or controversial personality.

Seems to me like he is winning more than TWIPYS....

#1219 2 years ago

Wednesday night and almost every night
    Including Xmas Eve and Xmas day .
    Probably heading into NYE and NY day .

#1220 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

After listening to a few other podcasts recently, at least Kaneda is not starting every sentence with "ummmmm", "You know" and stammering like he can't form the start of every damn sentence.
    Was listening to some podcast that just had Zombie Yeti on and between that guy and the other host and the stupid jokes they interrupt with, holy shit how does someone listen to that?

But you do realize Kaneda edits the hell out of his show? Whilst I agree a lot of podcast are unlistenable they just don’t take the time K takes in editing.

#1221 2 years ago

I’m not seeing a new episode anywhere. Last two I have is the rant which I missed, and “ farewell”, which I also missed. Now it won’t play. This “he’s back” episode doesn’t even come up. Wondering if it’s the Podbean app on my phone or am I looking in the wrong place?

#1222 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

I’m not seeing a new episode anywhere. Last two I have is the rant which I missed, and “ farewell”, which I also missed. Now it won’t play. This “he’s back” episode doesn’t even come up. Wondering if it’s the Podbean app on my phone or am I looking in the wrong place?

It’s on fb only. Check my previous link.

#1223 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

He's quick to delete, and rewrite history. "He's back" refers to his facebook episode....just google "kaneda pinball facebook" you don't need a facebook account to watch the train wreck.

#1224 2 years ago

Another observation from his newest podcast...he implied how it was strange the we would be commenting on pinside over the Christmas weekend...yet he was here monitoring the entire thread go down. He mentioned he had to contract the mods personally to get his brothers LinkedIn profile removed....but he deleted his entire social media because he wanted to be with his family?

#1225 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Another observation from his newest podcast...he implied how it was strange the we would be commenting on pinside over the Christmas weekend...yet he was here monitoring the entire thread go down. He mentioned he had to contract the mods personally to get his brothers LinkedIn profile removed....but he deleted his entire social media because he wanted to be with his family?

He wasn’t monitoring the thread about him , it was brought to his attention . So human behavior is to look what’s going on . And it’s very sad like he said . Get a Fkn life and move on man . So much to enjoy with this hobby but unfortunately there’s a lot of Ppl stuck on this .
    Anyone that spent the holidays bashing him instead of being with family and enjoying the holidays are a group of sad MFs
    Grow the fk up ladies .

#1226 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Quoted from HC2016:

He wasn’t monitoring the thread about him , it was brought to his attention . So human behavior is to look what’s going on . And it’s very sad like he said . Get a Fkn life and move on man . So much to enjoy with this hobby but unfortunately there’s a lot of Ppl stuck on this .
    Anyone that spent the holidays bashing him instead of being with family and enjoying the holidays are a group of sad MFs

And out of unrelated curiosity, what description would you assign this gentleperson?

Quoted from BigBalls:

Hopefully not “Spooky Luke’s”. That would not be a good look. Still a spooky employee if not. [quoted image]

Falsely trying to stir up trouble for someone and their new employer isn't very nice. Especially on Christmas Eve. What kind of person do you think would do such a thing, @hc2016?

#1227 2 years ago

He is finally doing what he should have done ages ago: monetize his efforts and its not very much at that. Does anyone of us work for free?

#1228 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

He is finally doing what he should have done ages ago: monetize his efforts. Does anyone of us work for free?

All the time. Many of my favourite parts of this hobby are provided by people working for free... Mostly a great community of people helping each other and volunteering to make it better.

For many, monetizing a hobby can really drain the enjoyment out of it pretty quickly.

#1229 2 years ago

He really plays the victim well.

#1230 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

He really plays the victim well.

Just that often that it just becomes boring and predictable now..

#1231 2 years ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

Grow the fk up ladies .

if you don’t believe he’s hitting refresh on this thread in the middle of the night, I’m taking preorders on a new Jpop game. Want in?

#1232 2 years ago
    Quoted from koji:

All the time. Many of my favourite parts of this hobby are provided by people working for free... Mostly a great community of people helping each other and volunteering to make it better.
    For many, monetizing a hobby can really drain the enjoyment out of it pretty quickly.

Amen to that. Let me check my literal receipts, yup I'm in the red for expenditures to help support our pinball league let alone the time that I and many others put in to keep it running and growing.

Many others are out of pocket for trophies they have built for us or gifts they have bought or crafted for others.

And what do we "get" for all of that? An amazing and growing community that didn't exist 3 years ago that helps foster a lot of fun for anyone that wants to join us.

Sometimes the best things in life truly are free. Actually, most times.

#1233 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

Look out screaminr. Kaneda's claiming you're scared again. Be strong.
    Also, if Kaneda thinks you are backtracking, why doesn't he repost his episode where he basically cries about the spoiled godfather leak? Who's really scared, eh?

Thanks mate.
    I don't have Facebook but I had a look through the link .
    It's funny how he says all these anonymous pinsiders are attacking him and he only goes after people he knows , he doesn't know me .
    All I said , is what I thought he was going to say and I wouldn't pay to listen to his podcasts . And he went Troppo .
    He called me a hater but I don't hate him , I wish him and his family all the best .

#1234 2 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

He is finally doing what he should have done ages ago: monetize his efforts and its not very much at that. Does anyone of us work for free?

He's always gotten paid in the way that matters most to him: attention. I haven't listened to the show in months but from what I remember, most shows were more about Kaneda than pinball.

#1235 2 years ago

Most annoying thing ever by podcasters is referring to pinball machines as TOYS?!
    Insulting my intelligence and all the people who play the game in tournaments will result in sudden end to your talking head.

#1236 2 years ago

That moment in life when you become a father and the world isn't about you and your toys any more. Growing up is tough. The next pivotal life moment will be selling the Demon for a Mini-van.

#1237 2 years ago

And he’s back with a FREE episode on Facebook. He’s obviously too embarrassed to go back to his traditional podcast, because we called him out here. How funny is this guy? He couldn’t even go 4 days!
    EDIT: I’m wrong, way to go Chris. Keeping it on the patreon!

#1238 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Most annoying thing ever by podcasters is referring to pinball machines as TOYS?!
    Insulting my intelligence and all the people who play the game in tournaments will result in sudden end to your talking head.

But it is a toy. What else would you call it?

#1239 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mattyk:

But it is a toy. What else would you call it?

Technically , it's a commercial amusement device. But yeah, when you put it in your home, it really is a big, expensive toy. If someone is going to get upset over that, they need a reality check. Just remember LEGO's hold tournaments too.

#1240 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

So, what category would you consider a pinball machine that is in the home environment? It's OK to say it, it's a toy. You know what? Toys are awesome!

#1241 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

If that's the most annoying thing you have ever come across in your life, you are doing very well. Congrats

#1242 2 years ago
    Quoted from vdojaq:

Technically , it's a commercial amusement device. But yeah, when you put it in your home, it really is a big, expensive toy. If someone is going to get upset over that, they need a reality check. Just remember LEGO's hold tournaments too.

And Rubrics cubes

#1243 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dan1733:

Better questions: why spend your time talking about him, on a niche hobby thread, on a Wednesday night?

Fuck else are we going to do on a Wednesday night except talk on our forum?

#1244 2 years ago

I watched his latest up until he called out his "friends" for not sticking up for him in here. He definitely was immersed in this thread over the holiday.

For all the "if you hate him why do you listen?'' people, its fun to watch crazy people like Alex jones, tom cruise, Charlie sheen Kanye West, Chris etc. the only difference is I know more about what Chris is talking about than whatever the heck it is that Kanye has going on this week.

#1245 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah, but now it's Thursday. What do we do now? Same shit....different day! Yay!

#1246 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Good heavens, you have 17 games.

Instead of Kaneda, talk about how an amazing gem like Big Brave could not conceivably be made today. You'll get buried in posts about not being woke. And you can spend the next two weeks defending yourself. I will personally commit to down-voting every last post from your future haters.

#1247 2 years ago

For the 1st time in a while, I listened to the Facebook thing because I had some time to kill.

I love how he says Zach urged him to go with a pay-to-listen model....of course he did, as he knows it will drastically cut his listeners and TWIPY voters.
    If it were such a good model, all of the others would have been doing it long ago.

Personally, I listen now and again for the entertainment value...usually after someone here posts about it and gives him free advertising like today....but I have never heard any real content that is worth paying anything to listen. That is not saying anything about him as a person...I get some like him and some don't, and that is their choice, but the content just isn't there. if he gave his listeners something meaningful outside of an occasional rumor and a few drunken rants, them maybe it would be worth a couple of bucks. But he has pissed off enough folks to keep anyone relevant in the industry from talking to him or going on his show. I am not sure how anyone sees real value in what he provides.

He keeps talking about $5 being 'nothing', but my time is more valuable than the $5 and that is the part he undervalues. he is correct that no one is getting rich from these podcasts, but $5 a month @ even 100 listeners is no chump change on his end, and that is ultimately what he is looking at. He doesn't care how valuable my time is, or what $5 means in my budget.....he is looking at the monthly value to him for what he provides to the masses.

#1248 2 years ago

Man… if you thought 4 madeup awards made him feel important… wait till he gets a few grand a month in donations. He’ll be like jafar at the end of alladdin.

Once they go on the teet… they can never look back. And when it’s not enough, the weak start berating their listeners for not giving enough.

This shit is like clockwork

#1249 2 years ago

Yes $5 a month is not alot but then these days there comes a point for $ per month:$12 a month for apple music, $12 a month for Disney+, Stern membership, Spooky membership and so and so on and before you know it it is $50-$100 a month for multiple things. Alot of these others are professional services providing great value for money, not $5 a month and he gets the shits and disappears for a few weeks. His viewers will drop drastically, and he won't be considered for Twippy and he will disappear.

#1250 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Man… if you thought 4 madeup awards made him feel important… wait till he gets a few grand a month in donations. He’ll be like jafar at the end of alladdin.

JA.gifJA.gif

(Yes I realize this is not Aladdin, but it was the best I could do on short notice)

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/25?hl=joelbob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.