Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 27.
    #1151 2 years ago

Hahaha Mary Kate and Ashley

Quoted from delt31:

And you want to hear something even more wild? Kaneda and his brother actually take turns doing those facebook lives! I bet you didn’t even know that wasn’t Chris all the time. Crazy. They’re like the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen of pinball!!!

#1152 2 years ago
    Quoted from RebelGuitars:

He seems to be having a hard time with people talking about him lately. Claiming that people don’t realize the stress he’s under being a new dad while providing years of free entertainment.

I don't believe for a second that his wife's boyfriend isn't helping out around the house.

#1153 2 years ago

“Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.”

Sound like anyone we know?

#1154 2 years ago

I don't post often but have been around long enough to have watched the shit show from the beginning. This may be mean, but its like watching Nascar just for the crashes. His narcissism is clinical. It is interesting watching folks that enjoy his shtick ask why anyone would dislike him. You can't change history. He will always crave attention of any kind. He'll always return. I wish the guy well but I'm done watching the race.

#1155 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

“Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.”

Sound like anyone we know?

lol....Pretty much everyone here....

#1156 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

Must be a good song then

Aqua-"Barbie girl"

#1157 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigduke6:

its like watching Nascar just for the crashes.

Let's Go Kaneda ?

#1158 2 years ago

Since this guy is making people pay for content, I guess he needs to start paying fees to all of the music acts he's been ripping off for use of their copyrighted content?

#1159 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Since this guy is making people pay for content, I guess he needs to start paying fees to all of the music acts he's been ripping off for use of their copyrighted content?

He can use this new logo to avoid copyright issues

0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    #1160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Good, but not squinty enough.

#1161 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

The irony of everyone laying into Kaneda about not listening anymore when clearly everyone has been listening, lol.
    I'm not defending his actions, or what kind of person he is, clearly he's done some not so great things.
    But he's the only podcast that doesn't seem to be driven by industry financial backers or friends in the industry. You just can't have honest conversation about things when money is involved when you say the wrong thing. That's the main reason his podcast exists and is successful, everyone else is walking on eggshells while he just crushes them, lol.
    I will say that going behind a paywall will probably end the Twipy's for him. I do agree that he had been going on about the Kaneda club a little too much lately, but I get it, just like all the other podcasts that are driven by money he's finally trying to monetize it a little. He's just doing it from us instead of sponsors, kind of like how pinside does it from us instead of sponsors.

You’re not reading or comprehending the thread at all. And to say he’s the only content creator not influenced by the industry or profit is absurd, conspiratorial, uninformed and narrow minded.

#1162 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:Or maybe he should start owning his choices and either:
    1) stop dedicating countless hours making podcasts and facebook posts and streams and whatever else about a hobby he constantly says is so dumb and unimportant compared to being with family and friends and exercising and driving cars and eating at fancy restaurants and whatever else
    or
    2) keep doing all the same stuff he's doing and stop endlessly complaining about it.
    The way he talks, you'd think he's been cursed by a gypsy to have to dedicate so much of his life, identity, and emotional energy to something he doesn't even particularly like all that much. As far as I know, he has not been.
    It sounds draining and not fun. For his own inner peace, it would be beneficial to do an honest self check-in to figure out what he actually wants out of all of this, and then align his actions with those goals so that he doesn't constantly feel burdened and insufficiently appreciated/compensated/rewarded/whatever.

key post.

#1163 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

This is being kind compared to the images they made of him over on the Neo Geo forum.

#1164 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

[quoted image]

Where is the ass for a chin? very disappointed!

#1165 2 years ago

Kaneda blocked me for this photo. Lol Posted a few times he just laughed about. Now that he turned his podcast into a business he lost his sense of humor. Just supporting his pinball addiction. And has not pins to play. Always in storage ready to flip. 5th TWIPY I doubt it. Wish him well.

5f6tm7 (resized).jpg5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    #1166 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

So.....again, is it really a twin?
    //<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"c8ca31830426005f1d192de2e923ac44a02edee9-1640561361-1800"};
    //]]>

K has a twin brother?
    I can see some resemblance, lol..
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpegD470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpegD470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg

#1167 2 years ago

Yeah, pretty sure Chris' brother is named Alex. I remember when I first saw his name pop up on FB, I thought they must just have the same last name by coincidence.

Because I assumed there's no way someone's brother would post some of the shit he does about him. But I guess he does, and he is!

Slso, pretty sure they aren't identical looking. So I wouldn't worry about Kaneda's evil twin taking over the blame streams like some kind of soap opera shtick.

#1168 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

Slso, pretty sure they aren't identical looking. So I wouldn't worry about Kaneda's evil twin taking over the blame streams like some kind of soap opera shtick.

they are 100% identical looking. strikingly so.

#1169 2 years ago

You are correct on all accounts. Brother has more of a meat head than K man

Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, pretty sure Chris' brother is named Alex. I remember when I first saw his name pop up on FB, I thought they must just have the same last name by coincidence.
    Because I assumed there's no way someone's brother would post some of the shit he does about him. But I guess he does, and he is!

#1170 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

You are correct on all accounts. Brother has more of a meat head than K man

F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpegF518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    #1171 2 years ago
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpgCCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    #1172 2 years ago

Deleted

#1173 2 years ago
    Quoted from lamihh:

Just speculation but maybe he has shut down everything again panic-fueled…as he already did in the past. I wonder if anybody contacted his employer again. K-man doesn‘t act very clever when it comes to feed his massive narcissism and he endangers his career and his family life with stuff he surely should avoid:
    - multiple copyright issues
    - multiple transactions a year buying new stuff (pinball machines like 3 Godzillas LE in a row. GUCCI XBOX et cetera) and making a bigger 5-digit profit out of it intentionally. This definitely has tax relevance and in Germany you will be seen as a industrialist/tradesman for the dimension he freely admits for flexing purposes
    - when you do business beside your normal job (gaining 1500-2000 Dollar a month with your podcast which is quite a chunk of your normal monthly income. Additionally buying new stuff to sell higher and act like a tradesman making 5-digit profit a year) you normally need permission from your employer for this. I doubt he has it.
    This all is a very risky behavior and as he is having enemies this could be the last nail in his job-coffin. Maybe something has happened. Or will happen idk.He is acting silly and risking a lot for sure and I don’t think he can have discussions like this with his employer endlessly. Maybe this is the reason everything is being deleted again
    As a young father with some very bad experiences he did a lot mistakes and provoked a lot of enemies…both could have effected his life badly now or will do in the future. I personally would not sleep well if I were him.
    I loved to get information from him but the overall tone was very odd and I strongly believe he has „issues“. This podcast surely is not made for his „fans“ but for himself only as a kind of self-therapy or something to feed his ego without making silly stuff out in the wild ( and getting kicked out of pinball events ). The podcasts mostly left me better informed but irritated and disgusted so I will miss something but not much.

That's an interesting angle. All of this unreported income could make him vulnerable. It would just take one (of many) disgruntled kaneda victims to send an anonymous tip to the IRS to cause him a big headache. If he were smart, he'd pack it up for good... But we all know he won't.

#1174 2 years ago

Alot of the talk in this thread is disgusting. I thought we were alot better then this. If you don't like him don't listen. Seems like even the Christmas season can't bring out certain people's good side. I'm not going to contribute to this thread anymore.

#1175 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

Alot of the talk in this thread is disgusting. I thought we were alot better then this. If you don't like him don't listen. Seems like even the Christmas season can't bring out certain people's good side. I'm not going to contribute to this thread anymore.

So if we don’t like him, we shouldn’t criticize him? This is how it works when you’re a media figure. I find his deleted podcasts disgusting, and it seems like he does too.

#1176 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

So if we don’t like him, we shouldn’t criticize him? This is how it works when you’re a media figure. His behavior and dozens of deleted podcasts are disgusting....

#1177 2 years ago
    Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

That's an interesting angle. All of this unreported income could make him vulnerable. It would just take one (of many) disgruntled kaneda victims to send an anonymous tip to the IRS to cause him a big headache. If he were smart, he'd pack it up for good... But we all know he won't.

Patreon definitely reports your income fwiw

#1178 2 years ago
    Quoted from playtwowin:

Disgust, disappontement AND a flounce...

I give this comment an 8.5.

#1180 2 years ago

Jesus don’t doxx the guy lol

#1181 2 years ago

Btw, both bullshit grifter jobs. Man, I should have just lied my way into money. Disgusting family.

#1182 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Btw, both bullshit grifter jobs. Man, I should have just lied my way into money. Disgusting family.

If he is flipping pins and branded game systems, he doesn't have any real money.

#1183 2 years ago

I feel a bit sorry for K
    A lot of Pinsiders banding the term Narcissist around.
    I think that’s a bit strong.
    Yeah, he’s a bit of a show off etc… but nothing wrong with that. I like to see people do well in life. Better than me… lol…
    But to say he lacks empathy?
    When Bubba (his dog) died he was real cut up about it….. bless

#1184 2 years ago

Gentlemen: this thread is getting incredibly personal on many levels. Please re-direct the discussion in a positive manner or simply drain the thread and let the thread die, this goes for everyone. Please do not dox people on this website. Thank you.

#1185 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gentlemen: this thread is getting incredibly personal on many levels. Please re-direct the discussion in a positive manner or simply drain the thread and let the thread die, this goes for everyone. Please do not dox people on this website. Thank you.

Yea. No need to post his family!!!

#1186 2 years ago

Was going to listen over the holidays. Maybe he will be back with free shows. If not he has lost a huge chunk of listeners. Thought he was all about trying to be #1.

#1187 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Please re-direct the discussion in a positive manner

That's a bit tricky because of the title of this thread , but I'll give it a try , " I like Dodge Demons "

#1188 2 years ago

I’m banned from dodge demon forums.... who am I
    ?

#1189 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

That's a bit tricky because of the title of this thread , but I'll give it a try , " I like Dodge Demons "

I'm positive I will never listen?

#1190 2 years ago

I like pinball, I dislike nerds.
    Can we get these two guys on here as moderators?

#1191 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

I like pinball, I dislike nerds.
    Can we get these two guys on here as moderators?

Please , can we get a Ted pinball .

IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpgIMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    #1192 2 years ago

Kaneda built a fan base of 300 monthly subscribers to his pinball club podcast.

He did this by providing 600+ free episodes that were heard by a few thousand listeners, and the listeners are frequently reminded of this. Recording the podcasts earned Kaneda 4 TWIPY’s.

Kaneda’s Facebook page went silent on Dec 22 and communications have gone dark. The library of free episodes is unavailable.

Enjoy the peace and quiet while you can. Spend time with family. Arnold Schwarzenegger was asked what he thought would become of Kaneda’s podcast in 2022 and he answered, “He’ll be back!”.

#1193 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

?

Is this a zen koan?

#1194 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Kaneda built a fan base of 300 monthly subscribers to his pinball club podcast.

Hope he gets to 1,000
    I won't be one of them, but best of luck to Chris

Quoted from Msch:

?

Lol, thought this was a joke, but he actually was banned.
    Is there any forum he has not been banned from?

Actually seems likes he has been banned from just about any forum he has ever been on.
    Doing a Google search for - kaneda banned forum - is very entertaining

#1195 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Please , can we get a Ted pinball .

YES!!

#1196 2 years ago

After listening to a few other podcasts recently, at least Kaneda is not starting every sentence with "ummmmm", "You know" and stammering like he can't form the start of every damn sentence.

Was listening to some podcast that just had Zombie Yeti on and between that guy and the other host and the stupid jokes they interrupt with, holy shit how does someone listen to that?

Rule of thumb, if you're not funny in real life, don't try to be on a podcast. Your dumb quips are always the lowest hanging fruit and just are not funny in any way shape or form.

Another rule: Don't attempt lame impressions and especially don't if you can't provide something funny to say. Imitating Gollum, badly, is not funny and sure as shit isn't topical.

#1197 2 years ago

Podcasts remind me of when I was a kid in the late 70s, taping my own voice into a tape recorder, doing fake interviews with characters I'd invented. I'd do all the 'funny' voices, and edit music clips in between bits. I was just copying the legendary Kenny Everett (British DJ and comedian), who was decades ahead of his time.

The reason I did it - I thought I was hilarious, and I LOVED the sound of my own voice. Pretty much sums up all Podcasters in my opinion.

#1198 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

After listening to a few other podcasts recently, at least Kaneda is not starting every sentence with "ummmmm", "You know" and stammering like he can't form the start of every damn sentence.
    Was listening to some podcast that just had Zombie Yeti on and between that guy and the other host and the stupid jokes they interrupt with, holy shit how does someone listen to that?
    Rule of thumb, if you're not funny in real life, don't try to be on a podcast. Your dumb quips are always the lowest hanging fruit and just are not funny in any way shape or form.
    Another rule: Don't attempt lame impressions and especially don't if you can't provide something funny to say. Imitating Gollum, badly, is not funny and sure as shit isn't topical.

This is why I don’t listen to pinball podcasts. They are corny AF and way too long.

#1199 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

I also listened to that Zombie Yeti interview and holy crap their podcasts are tough to listen to. I don’t want to bring anyone else down and I love listening to TPN podcasts when I’m working. When I see that’s who the newest podcast is by I always try to listen, get super annoyed a few minutes in and turn it off. The prior one that compared pins to movies where at seems like neither of them had played the pin or seen the movie was wild.

#1200 2 years ago

It’s amazing how he contradicts himself so often on his show. I began listening a few months back and do enjoy some of the content but won’t be missed much. Charging $$$ when he says it’s for the people or community is just an example. Not a smart move IMO.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/24?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.