Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 27.
    #1101 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Chris is a pinball media figure, you’re allowed to criticize him.

I don't have a horse in this race, but I do know when there is a double standard by reading the rules at face value. Whatever the space between the lines is, that's where others find the gray space and I find irony.

*Shrug*

#1102 2 years ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

I don't have a horse in this race, but I do know when there is a double standard by reading the rules at face value. Whatever the space between the lines is, that's where others find the gray space and I find irony.
    *Shrug*

He’s not a pinside member, your point is moot.

#1103 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

If you think that then I have a $4K Rush topper to sell you.

#1104 2 years ago
    Quoted from GravitaR:

If you think that then I have a $4K Rush topper to sell you.

He’s not a member, his aliases don’t count. He’s been banned.

#1105 2 years ago

I listened to keneda a lot, but after the last few episodes he just sounded like a used car salesman pumping up his Patreon.

Maybe some folks remember the last time he went "off air" when someone allegedly called his work and whatnot. I had an insane amount of upvotes for saying that person was a pussy- but now I don't think it happened at all and it was his first step toward his research of Patreon and who was dumb enough to pay, it's all very calculated it seems

Farewell keneda! I'm sure I'll hear what you have to say next year for free!

#1106 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Whelp, looks like the Kaneda haters will not be able to hate listen for free anymore. He is going exclusively Kaneda Club now.

LOL! I don't listen/watch much but when I do my first thought is damn, his poor wife has 100% responsibility to take care of two babies without help.

#1107 2 years ago

I've listened to a few episodes. Nothing I would pay for. I think some of you give that guy way too much credit as he's mildly entertaining at best. He's a text book narsacist that has made numerous fake accounts on all forms of social media to help himself and to specifically target others and try to literally harm them. Life is too short for those kind of people.

#1108 2 years ago

So fitting... I was waiting for the 'but he's entertaining' defenders...

#1109 2 years ago
    Quoted from Oscope:

I evidently missed the historical drama with this individual - but one thing is absolutely clear - he is a POLARIZING figure and I mean absolutely polar opposite opinions out of phase 180 degrees
    This is a very interesting phenomena and thoughts and emotions have constantly kept this thread lit up

Actually this thread was dead for months. I was just bored, and there’s very little drama on Pinside these days (now that DeepToot has been confirmed the fraud most of us knew they were) so I stoked it.

#1110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

No bad habits and I keep good company, but thanks for the advice.
    Perhaps judgement has become a little clouded with ref to “tell it like it is” and your own personal perception of K…..
    Cambridge Dictionary
    “to describe a situation honestly without avoiding any unpleasant details”
    You’ve reminded me, crime scene and investigation is on Netflix later….. thanks

Lol. Honestly?

Must be the language barrier. You obviously missed my point.

Or you’re just gullible.

#1111 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lopa:

Are you getting upset that people are being harsh on ya boy? #teamgucci

Oh, hell no. It just cracks me up that people say all this shit, yet still listen, still write, still come here, still bitch......we're all here! There are plenty of Threads I could bitch about, but wouldn't waste my time...........I do that here...

#1112 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Be Respectful Towards the Industry
    Just as we want our members to be respectful to one another, we also want the same courtesy extended to the companies and hard-working people of the pinball industry. Pinside welcomes discussion and opinions – even criticism, if warranted – pertaining to a company’s work or product, but attacking, insulting, or targeting companies and/or specific individuals in the industry is forbidden.

#1113 2 years ago

I've enjoyed his podcasts from day 1 for better or worse. However, I've always felt podcasts were a free service. Many times I almost made a small donation just to say " thanks". But for whatever reason I just didn't. TBH though there are other podcasts I can listen to for free. I simply refuse to be backed into a corner to pay for content like this. If I want to contribute it will be because I WANT to not because I have to. Family and other financial responsibilities are MUCH more important to me. Its been obvious for a while this is the goal he's been aiming for. Especially with all the Kaneda club teasers he's been posting. Sorry Chris but I'm out. Thanks for the memories.

#1114 2 years ago

I hope all of the negativity does not discourage him from making more content. I truly enjoy 85% of what he says. I'm a contributor and not at the minimum $5.00 either. I'm a few tiers up the ladder. It was a way I could show my appreciation for the enjoyment he brings me. If he fails to deliver good content down the road I can always stop at any time. I wish him and all of the other content creators a very Merry Christmas and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2022!

Lets let the guy enjoy his Christmas with his wife and new born baby. Peace and Love Pinside.

#1115 2 years ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

Be Respectful Towards the Industry
    Just as we want our members to be respectful to one another, we also want the same courtesy extended to the companies and hard-working people of the pinball industry. Pinside welcomes discussion and opinions – even criticism, if warranted – pertaining to a company’s work or product, but attacking, insulting, or targeting companies and/or specific individuals in the industry is forbidden.

Well he’s neither a member nor in the industry so…moot!

Also, anyone sending money to white stitched jeans and not contributing $5 a year to Pinside needs to rethink things a bit IMO.

#1116 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Also, anyone sending money to white stitched jeans and not contributing $5 a year to Pinside needs to rethink things a bit IMO.

clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gifclapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    #1117 2 years ago

If you can you should always contribute or show support to anyone or any business that is trying to further pinball.

#1118 2 years ago

#1119 2 years ago

Fan of Kanada for sure. Enjoy his content! I support the cause! It’s all fun!

#1120 2 years ago

No matter what your position all Jaws references get a thumbs up.

#1121 2 years ago

For entertainment factor:
    I would like to see the Pinside daddies (real haters) take K up on his offer and pick up a mic. Go on his FB live show and have a friendly chat… lol.

May prove difficult though as some are happiest doing their fire fighting behind the keyboard in their shorts ..
    Downvotes incoming………..

I’d pay 5 bucks to watch that sh^t every month…lol

#1122 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Evil twin? Crazy Levi throwing Special-K out after physically assaulting someone? Extremely personal bullying memes? Machine scamming? Robin Death threats? Pinside behavior? (I knew some of that but only a little, mainly before my time)

Did he try to get a pinsider fired from their job too?

#1123 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:For entertainment factor:
    I would like to see the Pinside daddies (real haters) take K up on his offer and pick up a mic. Go on his FB live show and have a friendly chat… lol.
    May prove difficult though as some are happiest doing their fire fighting behind the keyboard in their shorts ..
    Downvotes incoming………..
    I’d pay 5 bucks to watch that sh^t every month…lol

He has deleted his FB page hasn’t he? Sure someone said that above?

And wait Kaneda has a brother?? Is this a joke about multi personalities or does he genuinely have a brother? Learn something new on Pinside every day.

#1124 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

He has deleted his FB page hasn’t he? Sure someone said that above?

Yeah, but I’m sure that’s just another temp hissy

#1125 2 years ago

My favourite Jaws song

#1126 2 years ago

Chris' Achilles heel is that he cares way too much what others think. If he just did his show and ignored the drama, it would be a great show. But it recently degraded into so much created drama, I lost my desire to listen.

Quoted from seenev:

How long before he gets entangled in more drama and has to quit again?

And we got the answer to this

#1127 2 years ago

Have a nice Christmas Chris!
    Cheers to you and your family

And joni zorri

#1128 2 years ago

May your Yuletide be gay Chris!

#1129 2 years ago

Yeah I had a different opinion after I saw a video of him begging people to create him a pinside account and he will send them a free T-shirt. He thinks everything is about him and everybody should listen to him because he’s the smartest person alive. Not really fan of that kind of BS.

#1130 2 years ago
    Quoted from attitude05:

Yeah I had a different opinion after I saw a video of him begging people to create him a pinside account and he will send them a free T-shirt. He thinks everything is about him and everybody should listen to him because he’s the smartest person alive. Not really fan of that kind of BS.

Was that on facebook?
    If his T-shirts didn't look so shit , I might have considered it

#1131 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

My favourite Jaws song

That’s the best scene in the movie.

#1132 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Was that on facebook?
    If his T-shirts didn't look so shit , I might have considered it

Yes it was Facebook live

#1133 2 years ago

This entire thread is the same song on repeat.

#1134 2 years ago
    Quoted from J-Freeze:

This entire thread is the same song on repeat.

Must be a good song then

#1135 2 years ago

What are the odds that he realizes he made a huge mistake and announces that he will resume free shows as a "Christmas gift" to his fans?

#1136 2 years ago
    Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

What are the odds that he realizes he made a huge mistake and announces that he will resume free shows as a "Christmas gift" to his fans?

He will be back in some form in 2022, he deems himself too import to not be heard.
    And to be be fair, I very much appreciated his constant grind against poor pfs and other defects that should not be on a $10,000 product.

#1137 2 years ago
    Quoted from attitude05:

I hadn't realized that pinside requires a credit card to view the forums now for new accounts. That's a pretty smart move on their part. If kaneda struggles to access the pinside forums in the future, then he'd have a hard time coming up with content... I mean any actual pinball content anyways.

#1138 2 years ago

He didn’t make a mistake, it’s all intentional. When he goes back to free podcasting he’s going to act like he’s doing some huge service to the pinball community.

Be forewarned there will be lots of third person ego stroking in the new year.

Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

#1139 2 years ago
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    #1140 2 years ago

Has anyone addressed how odd it is to have a nickname for yourself? He thinks he’s the main character from some anime show? Pretty dorky, even for a pinball enthusiast.

#1141 2 years ago

Spends all this money, but complains about cost of daycare/nanny costs...

#1142 2 years ago

The irony of everyone laying into Kaneda about not listening anymore when clearly everyone has been listening, lol.

I'm not defending his actions, or what kind of person he is, clearly he's done some not so great things.

But he's the only podcast that doesn't seem to be driven by industry financial backers or friends in the industry. You just can't have honest conversation about things when money is involved when you say the wrong thing. That's the main reason his podcast exists and is successful, everyone else is walking on eggshells while he just crushes them, lol.

I will say that going behind a paywall will probably end the Twipy's for him. I do agree that he had been going on about the Kaneda club a little too much lately, but I get it, just like all the other podcasts that are driven by money he's finally trying to monetize it a little. He's just doing it from us instead of sponsors, kind of like how pinside does it from us instead of sponsors.

#1143 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

The irony of everyone laying into Kaneda about not listening anymore when clearly everyone has been listening, lol.
    I'm not defending his actions, or what kind of person he is, clearly he's done some not so great things.
    But he's the only podcast that doesn't seem to be driven by industry financial backers or friends in the industry. You just can't have honest conversation about things when money is involved when you say the wrong thing. That's the main reason his podcast exists and is successful, everyone else is walking on eggshells while he just crushes them, lol.
    I will say that going behind a paywall will probably end the Twipy's for him. I do agree that he had been going on about the Kaneda club a little too much lately, but I get it, just like all the other podcasts that are driven by money he's finally trying to monetize it a little. He's just doing it from us instead of sponsors, kind of like how pinside does it from us instead of sponsors.

He doesn’t have any sponsors because he’s bad for business.
    And his podcast exist out of spite from being booted off Pinside.
    He seems to be having a hard time with people talking about him lately. Claiming that people don’t realize the stress he’s under being a new dad while providing years of free entertainment. Maybe he should consider that when he shits on all these game designers and companies by spoiling their releases and the constant negativity towards them. Maybe they have stuff going on in their lives too.

#1144 2 years ago
    Quoted from RebelGuitars:

He doesn’t have any sponsors because he’s bad for business.
    And his podcast exist out of spite from being booted off Pinside.
    He seems to be having a hard time with people talking about him lately. Claiming that people don’t realize the stress he’s under being a new dad while providing years of free entertainment. Maybe he should consider that when he shits on all these game designers and companies by spoiling their releases and the constant negativity towards them. Maybe they have stuff going on in their lives too.

Or maybe he should start owning his choices and either:

1) stop dedicating countless hours making podcasts and facebook posts and streams and whatever else about a hobby he constantly says is so dumb and unimportant compared to being with family and friends and exercising and driving cars and eating at fancy restaurants and whatever else

or

2) keep doing all the same stuff he's doing and stop endlessly complaining about it.

The way he talks, you'd think he's been cursed by a gypsy to have to dedicate so much of his life, identity, and emotional energy to something he doesn't even particularly like all that much. As far as I know, he has not been.

It sounds draining and not fun. For his own inner peace, it would be beneficial to do an honest self check-in to figure out what he actually wants out of all of this, and then align his actions with those goals so that he doesn't constantly feel burdened and insufficiently appreciated/compensated/rewarded/whatever.

#1145 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

The problem is, he will not likely gain more backers after people decide if they are in or out. There are many levels of engagement from listeners. Some are casual listeners who may decide to donate down the road, but now he just cut them off. If 300 people actually did join this club, then continuing down that path would have kept getting more supporters. Now it will die a slow death as no new listeners will be hearing him and the ones that joined will dwindle as peoples engagement changes over time. This is all assuming that he does not come back soon as others have suggested.

Again, I don't blame him for asking for donations, but I am also not paying for a podcast.

#1146 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

But he's the only podcast that doesn't seem to be driven by industry financial backers or friends in the industry.

Just more of his bullshit narrative.

#1147 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:Just more of his bullshit narrative.

Ding ding ding

#1148 2 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

The irony of everyone laying into Kaneda about not listening anymore when clearly everyone has.

kind of like how pinside does it from us instead of sponsors.

No one is listening anymore. Not one reference to any material from a new show.. also funny how all the Yes-men don't even contribute 5 bucks to pinside. Lots of gray hearts!

#1149 2 years ago

Now I remember.. The fake a account used by his twin brother to troll his own brother pinball podcast Facebook group and alienate his listeners. He used to just use his real name with no fucks given.

Can you imagine the time you put in to podcasts only to have to BAN your brother for harassing your listeners. Then he creates a fake account to continue to troll your Facebook page and fb live.

Sad.

Quoted from Mogg:

And joni zorri

#1150 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Now I remember.. The fake a account used by his twin brother to troll his own brother pinball podcast Facebook group and alienate his listeners. He used to just use his real name with no fucks given.
    Can you imagine the time you put in to podcasts only to have to BAN your brother for harassing your listeners. Then he creates a fake account to continue to troll your Facebook page and fb live.
    Sad.

And you want to hear something even more wild? Kaneda and his brother actually take turns doing those facebook lives! I bet you didn’t even know that wasn’t Chris all the time. Crazy. They’re like the Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen of pinball!!!

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/23?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.