Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 27.
    #1051 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That’s when I immediately blocked him. So, I have no idea what he’s been up to for the past 2 years - but I can only assume it’s more evil.

Wait does he really have a brother? I thought you guys meant a bit for the podcast

#1052 2 years ago

A twin at that

Quoted from TheLaw:

Wait does he really have a brother? I thought you guys meant a bit for the podcast

#1053 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

A twin at that

So.....again, is it really a twin?

#1054 2 years ago

No joke.. and he’s as bad as Rarehero described

Quoted from TheLaw:

So.....again, is it really a twin?

#1055 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Ask Rarehero the meme he made of him and his family from his Facebook profile. Sick.

Wow...I had no idea. The couple of times I saw him in a Facebook chat he was giving Chris grief so I kind of liked him.

I have no idea what the meme was but being disrespectful to anyone's wife or kids is wayyyyyyy over the line and sociopathic.

#1056 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Todays episode was a joke. And he perpetuates the lie that he was banished from Pinside for wanting to tell the truth. That’s obviously revisionism for his newb patrons. I find it highly offensive as do many others I’m sure.

It's why he'll live on like a cockroach... always new people that will come along and not believe the stories and be naive... I mean you just had a poster a page ago admit he didn't know the tale, but bought into ribbing Rarehero because it's the narrative. People are gullible and innocent enough to listen to this believable crap.

Make him publish the episode where he read his emails he sent to Robin that really lead to him making the guy who would give anyone a lifetime a chances to immediately banish him for good.

#PublishTheEpisode

People talk about people 'maturing'.. Maturing? The guy is like 40yrs old, when does one expect him to start maturing and change?

Same schtick over and over.. eventually some tire of it, but there always seems to be fresh meat to get suckered in.

#1057 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

It's why he'll live on like a cockroach... always new people that will come along and not believe the stories and be naive... I mean you just had a poster a page ago admit he didn't know the tale, but bought into ribbing Rarehero because it's the narrative. People are gullible to listen to this believable crap.
    Make him publish the episode where he read his emails he sent to Robin that really lead to him making the guy who would give anyone a lifetime a chances to immediately banish him for good.
    #PublishTheEpisode
    People talk about people 'maturing'.. Maturing? The guy is like 40yrs old, when does one expect him to start maturing and change?
    Same schtick over and over.. eventually some tire of it, but there always seems to be fresh meat to get suckered in.

Agreed.

Many of us have been on here for a long time and can't forget some of the things he did.

Threatening Robin and scamming that kid on the Wreck It Ralph machine by setting up fake accounts are just a couple of things that come to mind.

He was generally at his worst when he was drunk. Spinning his expulsion from Pinside as "cancel culture" and "censorship" shows that he still has a very selective memory. Robin gave him more chances than anyone else and he still blew it.

Too bad he can't own that. That would truly be a sign that he has matured.

#1058 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Agreed.
    Many of us have been on here for a long time and can't forget some of the things he did.
    Threatening Robin and scamming that kid on the Wreck It Ralph machine by setting up fake accounts are just a couple of things that come to mind.
    He was generally at his worst when he was drunk. Spinning his expulsion from Pinside as "cancel culture" and "censorship" shows that he still has a very selective memory. Robin gave him more chances than anyone else and he still blew it.
    Too bad he can't own that. That would truly be a sign that he has matured.

Whats the story on wreck it Ralph?

#1059 2 years ago

Ok guys. Spill on the troll twin brother!

Stories. Screen shots. The works.

This could be the new DeepRoot cheap thrill thread!

#1060 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaeg:

Is there a Twippy category for best podcast behind a paywall?

Yes it’s a write in category

Favorite pout-cast

#1061 2 years ago

Ok guys. Spill on the troll twin brother!
    Stories. Screen shots. The works.
    This could be the new DeepRoot cheap thrill thread!

I’m calling fake twin brother first!!

#1062 2 years ago

I’ve learned so much new shit in the past 3 pages. Wow.
    Plenty of posters here that I typically groan when their names pop up, but feel bad for and appreciate their stories.

Evil twin? Crazy Levi throwing Special-K out after physically assaulting someone? Extremely personal bullying memes? Machine scamming? Robin Death threats? Pinside behavior? (I knew some of that but only a little, mainly before my time)

There’s more too, but I can’t keep it all straight. The dude needs a Wiki dedicated to his shit. It would be nice if someone could write a factual, chronological timeline of controversies and drama. I didn’t realize so many people here knew Chris personally. Pinball is so much more personal and tight-knit than I thought, and even then still knew it was really tight!

Personally, only knew that he was banned on Pinside, and that’s pretty difficult to accomplish considering everyone else comes back like a Phoenix. Knew that he’s a douche, and I listened to exactly 10 minutes of one podcast, the entire time which he talked about himself, in the third person, and was rigorously jerking off his ego.

He reminds me of someone back on RGP. Being a good judge of character is important in life, and I’m glad my initial judgements were correct. Being an abrasive douche is one thing, especially as your schtick, but physical and private personal attacks are another and not really forgivable. Most of his listeners are chronic- enablers for a blatant narcissist, that never ends well.

Lastly: announcing/spoiling future projects just for fame and bragging rights is not a talent lol.

#1063 2 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Evil twin? Crazy Levi throwing Special-K out after physically assaulting someone? Extremely personal bullying memes? Machine scamming? Robin Death threats? Pinside behavior? (I knew some of that but only a little, mainly before my time)

There’s more too, but I can’t keep it all straight. The dude needs a Wiki dedicated to his shit. It would be nice if someone could write a factual, chronological timeline of controversies and drama. I didn’t realize so many people here knew Chris personally. Pinball is so much more personal and tight-knit than I thought, and even then still knew it was really tight!

many act like this is some random anonymous internet thing - It's not. Many of us hang out, get together at events, buy/sell from each other, or mingle in many different ways

Chris was the type that goes out of his way to try to be friends with ANYONE, so that when he gets caught being a douche, he has lots of people there to stand up for him. You know the type that you just met 3mins before, and he's begging you to come over to his house and be buddy buddy? Yeah.. that was him as he got into the hobby. And it's not because he's just friendly - there was motive.

The guy would act like he's the hotness, and would try to burn and bury anyone who dared called out his shenaggians. The Fix it Felix deal was classic trying to bully a little kid he ripped off, and only abdicated when he was encircled.. and STILL jerked the kid around for months. Total sleaze.

The pinside drama was the cutest because he talks about being a martyr all the time when he was the one verbally attacking everyone and then whitewashing history with his deletion of things when it didn't go the way he wanted. He retreated to a podcast because he could finally talk without the burden of truth of correction interrupting his stream of consciousness. In his world he could spin whatever reality he wanted. And when things go wrong, you just delete history and pretend it didn't happen. Repeat your revisionist stories long enough and the greenhorns will take it and run because they don't know any better.

The stuff he sent robin and the mods was so vile, so disgusting, so hateful, and so angry he deserves every ounce of distaste people have for him. Because as a PERSON he was a horrible person after MANY second chances.

No one should give him a dime until he republishes his real rant episodes - including the one where he read his emails to robin and the mods.

#1064 2 years ago

Farewell episode also not loading. No chance for anyone living outside the states with a time difference to get in on the LE episodes

#1065 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

Farewell episode also not loading. No chance for anyone living outside the states with a time difference to get in on the LE episodes

I'm sure between all of us we can fill in the missing episodes

#1066 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

He will be back give it time there’s no way he can survive only having the attention of 200 people he will need those 2-4k listening numbers for his ego to be content.

#1067 2 years ago

Todays episode was a joke. And he perpetuates the lie that he was banished from Pinside for wanting to tell the truth. That’s obviously revisionism for his newb patrons. I find it highly offensive as do many others I’m sure.

Figured as much, exactly why I just removed his podcast from my subscription and didn't listen to the "farewell"

#1068 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

How many kaneda patreon backers are fake accounts he made himself? We all know he makes fake accounts everywhere else...

Mmm, interesting point.
    I hope not but when watching FB live, I’d say I only ever see circa 80 max viewers connected.
    That drops off a cliff when he fires up Neo Geo … lol

#1069 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

The pinside drama was the cutest because he talks about being a martyr all the time when he was the one verbally attacking everyone and then whitewashing history with his deletion of things when it didn't go the way he wanted.

That he has a revisionist history of that tells me all I need to know about how little he has actually changed.

We all make mistakes in life, and have done things that we're embarrassed of now. That's called growth. We show it by acknowledging it, and how we can and have done better since. Coming up with another version of history is not that. That's called gaslighting.

#1070 2 years ago

Currently he is at 307 Patreon subscribers which is up from 303 when I first checked a few hours after the announcement yesterday.

Not for me but if anyone wants to join, here is the link:
    https://www.patreon.com/kanedapinball?fbclid=IwAR299z-k226F0chrcw5y25aWcBZo4xhyEbmixH7-U-KipoTAFW6JsxbcJAM

I think it will be interesting to monitor the ebb and flow of subscribers over time. (also at that link)

#1071 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Currently he is at 307 Patreon subscribers which is up from 303 when I first checked a few hours after the announcement yesterday.
    https://www.patreon.com/kanedapinball?fbclid=IwAR299z-k226F0chrcw5y25aWcBZo4xhyEbmixH7-U-KipoTAFW6JsxbcJAM
    I think it will be interesting to monitor the ebb and flow of subscribers over time.

At least post the correct link...

https://www.betterhelp.com/advice/general/why-do-i-have-no-life/

#1072 2 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Mmm, interesting point.
    I hope not but when watching FB live, I’d say I only ever see circa 80 max viewers connected.
    That drops off a cliff when he fires up Neo Geo … lol

I don’t think I have ever seen more than about 40 or 50. Not sure where these 300+ people are coming from when they don’t tune into him on fb, good point made above that I had not thought of, how many of those 300+ are accounts he’s made…?

#1073 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I don’t think I have ever seen more than about 40 or 50. Not sure where these 300+ people are coming from when they don’t tune into him on fb, good point made above that I had not thought of, how many of those 300+ are accounts he’s made…?

I'm gonna take a stab here and say given it's FB "live" you are either there when it's on or you are not. And even at that people will drop in/out throughout the stream.

Think about people in different timezones that don't have free time (or are sleeping) when he's broadcasting.

Podcasts are passive listening so you can do it at your leisure and not on the creators schedule. Not defending his numbers or him AT ALL, but thought it was worth mentioning.

#1074 2 years ago
    Quoted from Smack:

I'm gonna take a stab here and say given it's FB "live" you are either there when it's on our you are not. And even at that people will drop in/out throughout the stream.
    Think about people in different timezones that don't have free time (or are sleeping) when he's broadcasting.
    Podcasts are passive listening so you can do it at your leisure and not on the creators schedule. Not defending his numbers or him AT ALL, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Very good points mate!

#1075 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I think it will be interesting to monitor the ebb and flow of subscribers over time. (also at that link)

Curious how Kaneda thinks he is going to win any more Twipys by going silent to the masses and just as pay for play set-up.

He is no different now than the other schill - Buy, Buy, Buy - who made a network to promote his business interests I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to the Quan

p (resized).pngp (resized).png
    #1076 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

He is no different now than the other schill - Buy, Buy, Buy - who made a network to promote his business interests I guess at the end of the day it all comes down to the Quan[quoted image]

I disagree , Zach is great .
    Zach was so passionate about pinball , he made a YouTube show for it , and then did podcasts about it , and was so into it he changed careers and bought a business selling them .
    You can't fake enthusiasm that .

#1077 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

As a Kaneda hater i can admit I've never made it thru an entire episode.. he's got a face ya just wanna punch! The squinty eyes and douche bag smirk! And the way he talks..the way he talks.. the way he repeats his last sentence. His last sentence that he repeats..it's that he repeats his last sentence, then moves on and again repeats his previous sentence again.. very annoying. His Yes-men that cling to every word like it's gospel is very painful to read in the comments. I too would find it very hard to not call him a douche bag if i was i hanging out around him. I don't think i will ever get tired of hearing the story of Levi removing him like trash from the convention. Someone tell it again please!

I'll tell ya...It just cracks me up everytime....people bitching and moaning about this guy, here is a Thread about him and with more bitching and moaning about his show, what he says, what he does, etc, etc.....if I felt this way about someone I would not waste a SECOND listening to him, or writing about him or giving two shits about him at all. He must be doing something right to get all the attention. It's like Howard Stern...he had more people listening to him that hated him....fer christ sake....get a life!

#1078 2 years ago

The guy is a textbook narcissist. But he gets what he wants, which is all the air in the room. Any publicity is good publicity, I suppose. I find myself not bothering to tune in any more because I don't want to wade through five minutes of self promotion and whining about how he's not loved by everyone properly for every one minute of interesting information.

#1079 2 years ago

The posts where people complain about complaining and say they never complain are my favorites.

Quoted from spfxted:

I'll tell ya...It just cracks me up everytime....people bitching and moaning about this guy, here is a Thread about him and with more bitching and moaning about his show, what he says, what he does, etc, etc.....if I felt this way about someone I would not waste a SECOND listening to him, or writing about him or giving two shits about him at all. He must be doing something right to get all the attention. It's like Howard Stern...he had more people listening to him that hated him....fer christ sake....get a life!

#1080 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lopa:

The posts where people complain about complaining and say they never complain are my favorites.

True, and I'm doing my civic duty to keep history alive and keep the newbies sober. I never listen to him, but when I see people supporting him I feel like they should be educated about who they are listening to to better understand the source

#1081 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

I never listen to him, but when I see people supporting him I feel like they should be educated about who they are listening to to better understand the source

I think most of the "grownups" here can take care of themselves....

#1082 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I think most of the "grownups" here can take care of themselves....

Totally. It's the other 99% I'm referring to

#1083 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Totally. It's the other 99% I'm referring to

#1084 2 years ago

Anyone who used to hang out on the pinball subreddit remember when new accounts would occasionally show up and talk about how great kaneda was and how in shape he was and how hot his wife was? Maybe the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

#1085 2 years ago

I listen to his show. I can definitely recognize when he’s lying, being deceitful, or trying to sell something for $ or ego. He thinks he’s being clever, but it’s very clear when he does it.

When he can’t spin something he did as “justified”, he will say that he’s made amends and both parties have moved on. This puts it into the listeners head that they shouldn’t be concerned, because the victim isn’t. That’s textbook narcissistic behavior.

He gives the vibes off as someone who would throw a loved one off a life raft, just as long as he got the spot.

Merry Christmas.

#1086 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

He gives the vibes off as someone who would throw a loved one off a life raft, just as long as he got the spot.

Merry Christmas.

...then PLEASE stop writing and caring about him....
    Merry Christmas

#1087 2 years ago

I often find Kaneda/Chris having similar traits to Willy Loman from Arthur Miller’s Death of a Salesman.
    “A small man can be just as exhausted as a great man.”
    13668B0B-0BC8-4E1E-B675-81A6F1C07D91.jpeg13668B0B-0BC8-4E1E-B675-81A6F1C07D91.jpeg

#1088 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

...then PLEASE stop writing and caring about him....
    Merry Christmas

I’m entitled to my opinion. It’s not a big deal, relax.

Also, he will be back early next year. Don’t think for one second this isn’t a publicity stunt.

#1089 2 years ago
    k (resized).jpgk (resized).jpg
    #1090 2 years ago

K is entertaining.
    A lot of his content is great.
    Yeah he talks sh^t and is cringe at times.

I like someone who speaks their mind

Some peeps are taking this way too serious.
    It’s only pinball.

#1091 2 years ago

Are people who don’t speak their mind that prevalent? I always hear this. “I like him because he tells it like it is blah blah blah”. If this type of thing is a revelation for you I suggest you change your habits and the company you keep.

Frankly, most people who purportedly “tell it like it is” aren’t really doing any such thing. They’re often times just self absorbed rude narcissists and borderline sociopaths with a selfish agenda who lack any empathy whatsoever.

#1092 2 years ago

Biggest and most important question about all this is, if stern where leaking info to get to Kaneda so he could leak it, if he’s now cut his exposure done to 300 will we suddenly get leaks from other places?

#1093 2 years ago

I evidently missed the historical drama with this individual - but one thing is absolutely clear - he is a POLARIZING figure and I mean absolutely polar opposite opinions out of phase 180 degrees

This is a very interesting phenomena and thoughts and emotions have constantly kept this thread lit up

#1094 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Wow...I had no idea. The couple of times I saw him in a Facebook chat he was giving Chris grief so I kind of liked him.
    I

Same here. The few times I seen him on FB live he was always making fun of Kaneda for pumping and dumping which is true and inevitable. So I found it amusing he was making fun of his brother for taking the hobby so seriously. I don't read through all of the comments on his FB page so must have missed when his brother was being toxic to others in the community and that is disappointing to hear.

#1096 2 years ago

The irony here is that this entire thread is basically a huge violation of the pinside rules... See the personal attacks section.

#1097 2 years ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

The irony here is that this entire thread is basically a huge violation of the pinside rules... See the personal attacks section.

Chris is a pinball media figure, you’re allowed to criticize him.

#1098 2 years ago
    Quoted from Msch:

Chris is a pinball media figure, you’re allowed to criticize him.

Yeah! Fuck him!

#1099 2 years ago

Are people who don’t speak their mind that prevalent? I always hear this. “I like him because he tells it like it is blah blah blah”. If this type of thing is a revelation for you I suggest you change your habits and the company you keep.
    Frankly, most people who purportedly “tell it like it is” aren’t really doing any such thing. They’re often times just self absorbed rude narcissists and borderline sociopaths with a selfish agenda who lack any empathy whatsoever.

No bad habits and I keep good company, but thanks for the advice.

Perhaps judgement has become a little clouded with ref to “tell it like it is” and your own personal perception of K…..

Cambridge Dictionary
    “to describe a situation honestly without avoiding any unpleasant details”

You’ve reminded me, crime scene and investigation is on Netflix later….. thanks

#1100 2 years ago

Are you getting upset that people are being harsh on ya boy? #teamgucci

Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah! Fuck him!

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/22?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.