Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 27.
    #1001 2 years ago

I really enjoy the entertainment that his podcast and videos provide. I support him through patreon because of this.I also support other pinball content creators through doations and merchandise, but Kaneda is my favourite........ I get that his content can be divisive to some, but demonising the guy just for making content is rather silly.

There are plenty of other great pinball content creators if Kaneda isn't your cup of tea. TPN have great shows and streams, as well as IE Pinball, deadflip etc. There are plenty to choose from

#1003 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Here’s the story he doesn’t tell, because it isn’t as fun. He didn’t think the game was flippable. He wanted out and we did each other a friendly solid. Only after he saw what they were flipping for did he turn our story into schtick for content.
    Anyway, I’ve got a Rush locked in with my fav distrib. It’s all good. Win win.

Wait, wasn't that spot supposed to be a giveaway to a lucky listener? Did the giveaway happen, or did that never materialize?

#1004 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Wait, wasn't that spot supposed to be a giveaway to a lucky listener? Did the giveaway happen, or did that never materialize?

That also happened.

#1005 2 years ago

Edit - question answered. Thanks chooch.

#1006 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

I really enjoy the entertainment that his podcast and videos provide. I support him through patreon because of this.I also support other pinball content creators through doations and merchandise, but Kaneda is my favourite........ I get that his content can be divisive to some, but demonising the guy just for making content is rather silly.
    There are plenty of other great pinball content creators if Kaneda isn't your cup of tea. TPN have great shows and streams, as well as IE Pinball, deadflip etc. There are plenty to choose from

Ah, every few months someone comes along and claims that people are defaming Kaneda because of the content of his shows.

While that is part of it, newer folks don't understand that a lot of people don't like Kaneda because of his previous very-foul behavior on, and off, Pinside. And in person. Such as when he threw a drink in Tim Sexton's face at the 2019 NYC Pinball Championships and had to be physically removed from the event.

I personally can look past that stuff. As I think he has matured a lot over the past year, and he seems to no longer make unpleasant personal attacks against people. And I think having a child has certainly made a big impact on him, as it does every first-time parent.

Buy yeah, a lot of people have long memories and some aren't so quick to forgive. So there's a lot more to the Kaneda-hate then simply not enjoying his show. I like his content, because he's different. In both good and bad ways, but still different is good when so many shows cover the same ground.

#1007 2 years ago

His TWIPY acceptance video last year was funny as fcuk…. The Shining lol….
    https://twipys.com/2020-twipy-awards/
    @2hrs 2 mins 30 seconds …. Lol

#1009 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

So it was rigged? Ugh...

No, please don’t make up stories. That contest was legit. He gave one spot to the contest. He gave one spot to me.

#1010 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

No, please don’t make up stories. That contest was legit. He gave one spot to the contest. He gave one spot to me.

Okay, noted...I didn't listen to the contest, didn't realize there were two. That was around the time I unfollowed the page.

#1011 2 years ago

I have been listening to his content and watching his live streams often on for quite a while now. While I enjoy some of the inside tree has on the industry he can also get a little far-fetched on things. Once again people have a choice to listen or not to listen. There’s plenty of Contin out there. Choose your own kind of filter.

#1012 2 years ago

Whelp, looks like the Kaneda haters will not be able to hate listen for free anymore. He is going exclusively Kaneda Club now.

#1013 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Whelp, looks like the Kaneda haters will not be able to hate listen for free anymore. He is going exclusively Kaneda Club now.

I liked his podcasts, but have no issue moving on. He jumped the shark on that last show that was a 30 min rant against a pinsider which he has since smartly deleted

Quoted from Rarehero:

Here’s the story he doesn’t tell, because it isn’t as fun. He didn’t think the game was flippable. He wanted out and we did each other a friendly solid. Only after he saw what they were flipping for did he turn our story into schtick for content.
    Anyway, I’ve got a Rush locked in with my fav distrib. It’s all good. Win win.

That's golden, so he had an extra pin he didn't think he could flip and you took it off his hands to lessen his risk - and he turns it around that he's the hero and you are the ungrateful damsel. LOL

#1014 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Eh? I just did.

I meant the story behind you buying Zilla LE. More details. You saying he didn’t sell an LE for $16k to defray the costs of the next LE he lines up (flips and never takes delivery of)? What shtick etc?

#1015 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

Demonizing? Criticizing the Kaneda proclaimed “greatest pinball podcast ever” is demonizing Kaneda? Anyone who creates content should expect some form of criticism. Especially anyone claiming their content is great. Lol.

Whatever people say about him personally is certainly fair considering his track record. And you’ll notice that I said I like him personally. Many do. Kaneda’s public persona is different than his private self. Usually. Kaneda’s problem is that on top of his long track record of well documented offensive Pinside behavior, he has, on at least one occasion, behaved like an absolute douche at a public pinball event. People have long memories.

I’d say he’s done pretty well for himself all things considered. Unfortunately, for this former listener, his podcast sucks now.

#1016 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

I'm not a Kaneda hater and I feel badly that he now believes I've betrayed our friendship. (I got a text message from him).
    As I posted, I've grown disappointed in his show, (he burned me out), but I'm not angry and I hoped he could learn from the criticism. I was just being honest.

Kaneda going exclusively behind a paywall is an emotional overreaction I consider to be a mistake. By doing so he has immediately cut his listening audience from a few thousand to about 300. That's significant and right now competing podcasts and manufacturers are celebrating.

#1017 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'm not a Kaneda hater and I feel badly that he now believes I've betrayed our friendship. (I got a text message from him).
    As I posted, I've grown disappointed in his show, (he burned me out), but I'm not angry and I hoped he could learn from the criticism. I was just being honest.
    Kaneda going exclusively behind a paywall is an emotional overreaction I consider to be a mistake. By doing so he has immediately cut his listening audience from a few thousand to about 300. That's significant and right now competing podcasts and manufacturers are celebrating.

Until next week, when he changes his mind and we all get to read about it in this thread

#1018 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

i agree with this. IMO he should still do a free show, just not as often. otherwise I feel he will lose the following he has now. in this day and age, people want both options, (hence: youtube... dont like the ads, then subscribe, otherwise watch for free and deal with the ads.)

all behind the paywall, he wont reach the masses the way he does now.

just my .02.

carry on.

#1019 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

You should change your phone number. Then give it to me. My texts are probably much nicer.

#1020 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

You should change your phone number. Then give it to me. My texts are probably much nicer.

Off topic but have you wondered why you now have a red heart on your profile? About 3 months ago I made a donation to Pinside in your name.
    I'm sorry what Kaneda did to you (and we've been at odds over him) but I'm a fan of yours.

#1021 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I meant the story behind you buying Zilla LE. More details. You saying he didn’t sell an LE for $16k to defray the costs of the next LE he lines up (flips and never takes delivery of)? What shtick etc?

Ok, I’ll clarify so people stop putting fake stories together. Nothing I’m going to say isn’t anything that hasn’t been said by Chris publicly - I’ll just put the pieces together so it’s clear.

Chris had 3 Godzilla LE’s preordered. 1 to keep, 2 to flip. He gave one of the spots to a listener via raffle that he held live on FB at Automated. He gave 1 spot to me, which was a friendly gesture & I really appreciate it…but he also did it because at the time he didn’t see the flipping opportunity with 1000 units. (I don’t want to post private texts, but I have the receipts lol). Once he saw what they were flipping for, he sold the 3rd which was originally meant to keep.

The “schtick” was that he’d razz me for not joining the Klub. He’d goof on me during FB Lives for not joining. After he saw GZLE’s selling for a lot, that schtick turned into “I gave up $5k in profits to Greg, and he won’t even pay $5 a month to be in the club! That cheap bastard!”

So, there we go - and while I know he was joking about the Klub stuff…his fans, especially the Klub ones, can get a wee bit culty. So - when he’d talk about me not joining, they’d start to get on my ass about it, and that is a bit weird. Very “one of us, one of us”.

So why didn’t I just give in and join the Klub? I’ve always been immune to peer pressure. The more you goad me to do something, the less likely I am to do it. And even though I like the guy on a personal level, let’s be real - he brags about money. He brags about flipping games, buying Gucci, flipping Gucci Xboxes, expensive NY dinners & drinks, his expensive car & rocket fuel gas or whatever….when you’ve made that part of your identity, begging for $5 a month is quite frankly off-putting. He’ll use the baby’s expenses as a pitch - I have a young child, too. I have the same expenses. On principle, I’m not going to pay for that when there’s so much flexing about money & material things.

Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

That's golden, so he had an extra pin he didn't think he could flip and you took it off his hands to lessen his risk - and he turns it around that he's the hero and you are the ungrateful damsel. LOL

Bingo - and it’s just a joke/schtick for the FB Lives, but his listeners don’t know that. They think he’s legit upset at me and that I’m an ungrateful fuck. I’m not. I’ve thanked him multiple times…but two things can simultaneously exist: Me being thankful, and me not liking the tactics/pitch to join a Patreon.

#1022 2 years ago

I respect the paywall thing, a lot of time spent and if 1000 people join that 5 grand a month for him. Not freaking bad at all.

I do think he should have 1 episode a week be free though to keep his audience growing, in the end that would result in more patreon supporters I think

#1023 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Off topic but have you wondered why you now have a red heart on your profile? About 2 months ago I made a donation to Pinside in your name.
    I'm sorry what Kaneda did to you but I'm a fan of yours.

YOU'RE the one that did it! Thanks, buddy!

I started a thread about it, but nobody ever 'fessed up: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/all-rightwho-donated-to-pinside-on-my-behalf#post-6532882

Thanks for being a Secret Santa early...have a wonderful holiday week. (And now I'm an even bigger fan of yours!)

#1024 2 years ago

I'm about to stop all monetary support unless he does a podcast babies episode that focuses on himself. He's turned into quite a bitter little cry baby as of late.

#1025 2 years ago

He just posted another "Farewell" episode.

#1026 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'll wait for his next one.

#1027 2 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm about to stop all monetary support unless he does a podcast babies episode that focuses on himself. He's turned into quite a bitter little cry baby as of late.

5yw59u.jpg5yw59u.jpg
    #1028 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

I'm not going to listen. Does this mean he's giving up the patreon money?

#1029 2 years ago

Ironically starts the show with Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again".

#1030 2 years ago

He is going all Kaneda club…. All behind paywall.

#1031 2 years ago

I know enough about the internet to know that my opinion doesnt really matter, and no one cares, but I'm gonna share it anyway.

I like Chris. I'm also new to the hobby (18 months) and started listening to him about a year ago, which I'm told is a different Kaneda than how he used to be.

I also make sure to remember that people change, the mature, they're also broken and flawed. People who knew me when I was an addict and alcoholic would hardly recognize me now. I'm a completely different human when clean/sober for the past 6 years. I give others a lot of grace for their former selves because I needed that grace as well.

His rumors are the best amongst the pinball content creators, and I'm very appreciative of them. It's also what I find the most interesting. I also enjoy the hype leading up to a release. It's fun, and he does that well. I don't really care about his personal takes on games, I'll decide that for myself but I do enjoy hearing and talking about them.

I also choose to pay support content creators if their content provides me entertainment that I would be willing to pay for. It's pretty simple. $5/month is nothing for me and I appreciate the time and effort that it takes to do all that.
    I am guilty of ribbing RareHero about not contributing, but it is all just schtick and an excuse to chat pinball with a good dude.

I'll say this too, because of his posts, FB lives, and podcast commentary, I've connected with a few pinball buddies that I wouldn't have known otherwise and I'm grateful for that.

I'm not sure why this hobby attracts as much negativity as it does, but my other hobbies do too (Jeeps and Bass Guitar) so maybe it's just a hobby thing. Pinball is fun, it's a toy, it's easy to take it too seriously, but at the end of the day, if it brings you joy, then enjoy it. If you like the content, enjoy that too. If you don't like his stuff, I'm sure there's other people you can enjoy listening to and that's all great too.

Be kind and flip on.
    -Nash

#1032 2 years ago

Well said Nash. Refreshing to see a non biased and real comment like this in this forum.

Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I know enough about the internet to know that my opinion doesnt really matter, and no one cares, but I'm gonna share it anyway.
    I like Chris. I'm also new to the hobby (18 months) and started listening to him about a year ago, which I'm told is a different Kaneda than how he used to be.
    I also make sure to remember that people change, the mature, they're also broken and flawed. People who knew me when I was an addict and alcoholic would hardly recognize me now. I'm a completely different human when clean/sober for the past 6 years. I give others a lot of grace for their former selves because I needed that grace as well.
    His rumors are the best amongst the pinball content creators, and I'm very appreciative of them. It's also what I find the most interesting. I also enjoy the hype leading up to a release. It's fun, and he does that well. I don't really care about his personal takes on games, I'll decide that for myself but I do enjoy hearing and talking about them.
    I also choose to pay support content creators if their content provides me entertainment that I would be willing to pay for. It's pretty simple. $5/month is nothing for me and I appreciate the time and effort that it takes to do all that.
    I am guilty of ribbing RareHero about not contributing, but it is all just schtick and an excuse to chat pinball with a good dude.
    I'll say this too, because of his posts, FB lives, and podcast commentary, I've connected with a few pinball buddies that I wouldn't have known otherwise and I'm grateful for that.
    I'm not sure why this hobby attracts as much negativity as it does, but my other hobbies do too (Jeeps and Bass Guitar) so maybe it's just a hobby thing. Pinball is fun, it's a toy, it's easy to take it too seriously, but at the end of the day, if it brings you joy, then enjoy it. If you like the content, enjoy that too. If you don't like his stuff, I'm sure there's other people you can enjoy listening to and that's all great too.
    Be kind and flip on.
    -Nash

#1033 2 years ago

Did anyone save the godfather rant that got deleted? I kind of want to hear it now.

#1034 2 years ago

To me a podcast is background noise while I drive, much like the radio. I will listen but not interested in paying. Also like some radio stations do, don't try to guilt me for not paying. If you want to ask for donations, knock yourself out...but don't try to guilt people for not donating.

#1035 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

To me a podcast is background noise while I drive, much like the radio. I will listen but not interested in paying. Also like some radio stations do, don't try to guilt me for not paying. If you want to ask for donations, knock yourself out...but don't try to guilt people for not donating.

You should have to pay for the privilege of hearing him brag about how much money he's making by scalping pinball machines. How is he supposed to fund his scalping if no one donates?

#1036 2 years ago
    Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

Did anyone save the godfather rant that got deleted? I kind of want to hear it now.

me too!

#1037 2 years ago

As a person, Kaneda doesn’t seem like someone I would want to hang out with. I find his constant bragging very annoying and cringey. That said, he is very good at what he does in terms of providing the junk food of podcasts. It’s shallow but fun to listen to. I wouldn’t personally pay to hear it but I completely understand his decision to do so. It does take time and he doesn’t owe us free entertainment. I think it’s the smart move and I say more power to him. If all he loses are the people that tune in just to hate on him, that doesn’t seem like much of a loss.

Now whether or not his ego will be fed enough by only reaching his subscribers is a whole different topic.

#1038 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

As a person, Kaneda doesn’t seem like someone I would want to hang out with. I find his constant bragging very annoying and cringey. That said, he is very good at what he does in terms of providing the junk food of podcasts. It’s shallow but fun to listen to.

As a Kaneda hater i can admit I've never made it thru an entire episode.. he's got a face ya just wanna punch! The squinty eyes and douche bag smirk! And the way he talks..the way he talks.. the way he repeats his last sentence. His last sentence that he repeats..it's that he repeats his last sentence, then moves on and again repeats his previous sentence again.. very annoying. His Yes-men that cling to every word like it's gospel is very painful to read in the comments. I too would find it very hard to not call him a douche bag if i was i hanging out around him. I don't think i will ever get tired of hearing the story of Levi removing him like trash from the convention. Someone tell it again please!

#1039 2 years ago

Do Klub members get an ad-free listening experience? In this case i mean is it only pinball talk or still bragging and self praising 60% of the episode like on the free shows? Not being cynical, just haven’t heard a Klub show and “Kaneda this Kaneda that” does get old and annoying very fast.

#1040 2 years ago

You should hear or see what his his twin brother does on his page and to his listeners. Really an awful human makes K man look like a Saint.

Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

As a person, Kaneda doesn’t seem like someone I would want to hang out with. I find his constant bragging very annoying and cringey. That said, he is very good at what he does in terms of providing the junk food of podcasts. It’s shallow but fun to listen to. I wouldn’t personally pay to hear it but I completely understand his decision to do so. It does take time and he doesn’t owe us free entertainment. I think it’s the smart move and I say more power to him. If all he loses are the people that tune in just to hate on him, that doesn’t seem like much of a loss.
    Now whether or not his ego will be fed enough by only reaching his subscribers is a whole different topic.

#1041 2 years ago

Todays episode was a joke. And he perpetuates the lie that he was banished from Pinside for wanting to tell the truth. That’s obviously revisionism for his newb patrons. I find it highly offensive as do many others I’m sure.

#1042 2 years ago

I listen to podcasts either when I am driving, cooking or working on games, just to have some background noise most of the time.

Unfortunately I won’t be paying for that, I appreciate the people that do podcasts but I can’t see Kaneda sticking to this for long going from 3-4k listeners to 200ish is going to hit his ego harder than he thinks.

#1043 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

You should hear or see what his his twin brother does on his page and to his listeners. Really an awful human makes K man look like a Saint.

Pure evil. I blocked him almost immediately after he started his UltraTroll routine. Hard to imagine someone that abrasive and despicable is successful & not in prison. Chris is a gaddamn sweetheart compared to that monster….but you can see where his worst tendencies come from - imagine having that psychopath as your mirror image growing up.

#1044 2 years ago

Is there a Twippy category for best podcast behind a paywall?

#1045 2 years ago

I sometimes wonder if he acts that way he does some times because he looks up to that human trash for some reason. I bet his twin just trolled him his entire life.

I can’t believe someone would even employ that guy with the behavior I’ve seen. It would be a risk I wouldn’t want to take at my company.

I can’t even imagine

Quoted from Rarehero:

Pure evil. I blocked him almost immediately after he started his UltraTroll routine. Hard to imagine someone that abrasive and despicable is successful & not in prison. Chris is a gaddamn sweetheart compared to that monster….but you can see where his worst tendencies come from - imagine having that psychopath as your mirror image growing up.

#1046 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:You should hear or see what his his twin brother does on his page and to his listeners. Really an awful human makes K man look like a Saint.

Really? Must have missed this. I've seen him goof on Chris for being drunk but that was about it.

#1047 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Really? Must have missed this. I've seen him goof on Chris for being drunk but that was about it.

His brother comments/trolls under an alias.

#1048 2 years ago

Ask Rarehero the meme he made of him and his family from his Facebook profile. Sick.

Quoted from PismoArcade:

#1049 2 years ago

If this "test" doesn't get him an extra 100 or so paying customers, he'll be back with the free podcast. Cause nobody loves to here Kaneda talk more than Kaneda. And if he isn't stopping the Facebook Live stuff, what's the difference anyway.

#1050 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

Ask Rarehero the meme he made of him and his family from his Facebook profile. Sick.

That’s when I immediately blocked him. So, I have no idea what he’s been up to for the past 2 years - but I can only assume it’s more evil.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/21?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.