Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 27.
    #951 2 years ago

He recently said pinball is the last thing he wants to spend his money on.

He also continues to flip games that haven’t even been built yet for personal gain.

He doesn’t currently have a pinball machine. Will he ever again?

He also constantly - and capriciously - does a “hypes/trashes” cycle with games, companies and people. But plays the victim card every chance he gets.

This is good for the hobby how?

I used to be a fan, but I find him almost unlistenable now. I might be done.

#952 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

He also continues to flip games that haven’t even been built yet for personal gain.
    He also constantly - and capriciously - does a “hypes/trashes” cycle with games, companies and people. But plays the victim card every chance he gets.

Well, judging by the downvote you just got, I think we can surmise one of Kaneda's fake accounts now.

#953 2 years ago

Judging by 226 vs 116 in the poll says something also...2 to 1...I happen to like him.

Added over 2 years ago:

update* 4 down votes equal a rise from 226 to now 233..you guys ARE in the minority..fun fun fun

#954 2 years ago

Sorry, I'm bored so I decided to post this. Usually I keep this stuff to my diary.

1. He's objectively a good pinball podcaster in the only way that really matters -- he entertains a lot of people.
    2. Individually our opinions don't matter as long as a lot of people enjoy listening.
    3. I can still cringe and be shocked that this does entertain a lot of people. I mean it really made me second guess whether I wanted to be in this hobby.
    4. The best part of the show are his rumors. Who cares if he's wrong? He's been right enough to make them interesting to debate.
    5. The amount he can talk about pinball is incredible. If you're bored and want to listen to pinball stuff he's always there. Honestly, the sheer amount of time he has put into this is really impressive. Lots of people have gotten a lot of free entertainment.
    6. He used to get real personal in a mean, unappealing way. I'm sure he thought it was warranted because people take super low shots at him all the time (these people think it's justifiable because they think he started it and the cycle continues endlessly). It was disappointing at the time that a podcast born out of spite and meanness succeeded (Okay a little dramatic there).

Personally, I can't stand the show -- in the sense that I can't listen to it for long before giving up on it (then I'll get bored and try again). His takes just annoy the crap out of me and his ego -- my god. But -- I know that if I did a pinball podcast it would be worse in the sense that no one would want to listen to it so who am I to judge?

Sorry for the rant -- like I said, my opinion literally doesn't matter. Who cares if people don't like the show if a lot of people enjoy it? We can always not listen -- the rest get free entertainment.

** edited point -- he's a lot better about the personal shots now (or was when I last listened) and he does admit when he's wrong. I don't mean any of this to imply anything personal about the guy. He seems to have a great life and I hope things go well for him in the future.

#955 2 years ago
    Quoted from iloveplywood:

Sorry, I'm bored so I decided to post this. Usually I keep this stuff to my diary.
    1. He's objectively a good pinball podcaster in the only way that really matters -- he entertains a lot of people.
    2. Individually our opinions don't matter as long as a lot of people enjoy listening.
    3. I can still cringe and be shocked that this does entertain a lot of people. I mean it really made me second guess whether I wanted to be in this hobby.
    4. The best part of the show are his rumors. Who cares if he's wrong? He's been right enough to make them interesting to debate.
    5. The amount he can talk about pinball is incredible. If you're bored and want to listen to pinball stuff he's always there. Honestly, the sheer amount of time he has put into this is really impressive. Lots of people have gotten a lot of free entertainment.
    6. He used to get real personal in a mean, unappealing way. I'm sure he thought it was warranted because people take super low shots at him all the time (these people think it's justifiable because they think he started it and the cycle continues endlessly). It was disappointing at the time that a podcast born out of spite and meanness succeeded (Okay a little dramatic there).
    Personally, I can't stand the show -- in the sense that I can't listen to it for long before giving up on it (then I'll get bored and try again). His takes just annoy the crap out of me and his ego -- my god. But -- I know that if I did a pinball podcast it would be worse in the sense that no one would want to listen to it so who am I to judge?
    Sorry for the rant -- like I said, my opinion literally doesn't matter. Who cares if people don't like the show if a lot of people enjoy it? We can always not listen -- the rest get free entertainment.
    ** edited point -- he's a lot better about the personal shots now (or was when I last listened) and he does admit when he's wrong. I don't mean any of this to imply anything personal about the guy. He seems to have a great life and I hope things go well for him in the future.

tim-and-eric-what.giftim-and-eric-what.gif
    #956 2 years ago
    Quoted from gjm7777:

[quoted image]

I regretted my post the second I hit submit

#957 2 years ago

A few things about Kaneda with no particular relevance or order with feedback for K-man as I'm sure he lurks here.

Kaneda is my listen of choice when shopping out my pinball machines.

Kaneda's interview with Gary Stern was epic. Loved it.

Kaneda is entertaining. I am not a pre-order guy (R&M Excepted) and I really enjoy hearing speculation on upcoming titles and potential market trends (more toppers incoming).

Kaneda has done a good job keeping awareness up on a few key issues... like the G&R playfield situation and pre-order scams.

Kaneda won't get subscription money from me (would never listen to the live shows), but I'll probably buy the next shirt he hawks as I do believe in supporting content creators. Viva la Raza was too niche for me.

Kaneda has turned 100% against pinside.

#958 2 years ago

I've given up listening to him due to the nonstop shilling for the Patreon club. I am not interested in paying someone to be my "friend" who regularly brags about his affluence. He also should have a breathalyzer hooked up to his facebook account...its usually downright cringe inducing when he drinks and goes live. I will give Chris credit for toning down the personal attacks though. I am happy he is happy about his newfound income stream, but its just not a podcast for me any more in its current state. My vote will go elsewhere this year.

#959 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I've given up listening to him due to the nonstop shilling for the Patreon club. I am not interested in paying someone to be my "friend" who regularly brags about his affluence. He also should have a breathalyzer hooked up to his facebook account...its usually downright cringe inducing when he drinks and goes live. I will give Chris credit for toning down the personal attacks though. I am happy he is happy about his newfound income stream, but its just not a podcast for me any more in its current state. My vote will go elsewhere this year.

Yeah... I'm getting tired of hearing about the Kaneda club. I don't blame him for trying though.

#960 2 years ago

Funny how one person just "had" to start this back up again.

#961 2 years ago

How many kaneda patreon backers are fake accounts he made himself? We all know he makes fake accounts everywhere else...

#962 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

How many kaneda patreon backers are fake accounts he made himself? We all know he makes fake accounts everywhere else...

ok, i'll bite.. why would he do that, and how would that benefit him?

#963 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

You could almost taste his tears in his latest rant. Someone jerked The Godfather reveal away from him. A 20 minute pout-fest ensues, as he explains how much better he reveals and spoils new pins.

I listen and like his podcast a lot, but that last one was just very odd and difficult to listen to.
    How do you let some rando internet person get under your skin so much.

#964 2 years ago
    Quoted from bigehrl:

ok, i'll bite.. why would he do that, and how would that benefit him?

I haven't been following it, but if few people were buying into it, he could inflate the numbers to make it seem like a popular option to get others to buy in. They do this with book sales all the time. Publishers buy copies of their own books to get them on best seller lists so that consumers will believe it's worth their money.

#965 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well, judging by the downvote you just got, I think we can surmise one of Kaneda's fake accounts now.

Lol. Ya think!? An account supposedly 10 years old with no posts.

#966 2 years ago

I appreciate his rumors, hot takes, and general disdain of the assholery that is pinside most of the time. But recently got to the epsiode where all he did was brag about flipping a gucci xbox for 10k profit as well as the typical "I'm getting this game!!! Just kidding, I already flipped it!!!"... so yeah, you don't need my $5, Chris. Sorry. Will still listen in occasionally, but could do without the braggadocio. He's just who he is. Love it or leave it (or tolerate it for the rumors, I guess).

#967 2 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

Judging by 226 vs 116 in the poll says something also...2 to 1...I happen to like him.

Not anymore , for some reason I felt the need to change my vote

#968 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Haha. You weren’t too filled with anxiety and cowardliness??

#969 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

Haha. You weren’t too filled with anxiety and cowardliness??

Not at all , I've been on pinside long enough to know how it works . I've only had messages of support and I slept like a baby

#970 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Hmmmmm still 226

#971 2 years ago

Looks like you're in the clear screaminr

Episode deleted

#972 2 years ago

I stopped listening also as the constant sales pitches to sign up are getting obnoxious. Feels like the free to play apps on the phone with the constant ads! No thanks! Other than that I’ve always enjoyed his shows.

#973 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I stopped listening also as the constant sales pitches to sign up are getting obnoxious. Feels like the free to play apps on the phone with the constant ads! No thanks! Other than that I’ve always enjoyed his shows.

I actually like Kaneda personally. These comments are about the show.

Too much of the show now is Patreon solicitations, naming his subscribers, talking about his twippys and asking people to vote for him for the twippy. And complaining about getting no sleep because of his amazing new child and best wife ever. Oh, and what a great marketer he is.

Then there’s the section of the show where he goes on about something that he said - vehemently - the exact opposite about 2 or 3 shows prior. Then he accuses or blasts someone for something that he himself has been guilty of numerous times.

And he wraps up by saying pinball isn’t important, Its too expensive, he’s not spending any more of his money on it, and tells everyone to go outside and get some exercise.

The only time he actually talks about pinball, he’s usually dead wrong (about a game being good or bad, or whatever). The meat of his show is about dream themes, teasing rumors or stating the obvious about the manufacturers.

It’s the same schtick that used to amuse but now it’s just tired.

His interviews are well done. But are usually wasted on normal Joe’s that have as much to do with the pinball industry as your average pinsider. That’s fine on occasion, but it’s not terribly informative. That’s what Pinside is for.

And the interview with “Gary Stern” was lame.

#974 2 years ago

.....if you don't like kaneda, then just don't listen/watch - seems a pretty simple solution if you are bothered by his content

#975 2 years ago

I actually like Kaneda personally. These comments are about the show.
    Too much of the show now is Patreon solicitations, naming his subscribers, talking about his twippys and asking people to vote for him for the twippy. And complaining about getting no sleep because of his amazing new child and best wife ever. Oh, and what a great marketer he is.
    Then there’s the section of the show where he goes on about something that he said - vehemently - the exact opposite about 2 or 3 shows prior. Then he accuses or blasts someone for something that he himself has been guilty of numerous times.
    And he wraps up by saying pinball isn’t important, Its too expensive, he’s not spending any more of his money on it, and tells everyone to go outside and get some exercise.
    The only time he actually talks about pinball, he’s usually dead wrong (about a game being good or bad, or whatever). The meat of his show is about dream themes, teasing rumors or stating the obvious about the manufacturers.
    It’s the same schtick that used to amuse but now it’s just tired.
    His interviews are well done. But are usually wasted on normal Joe’s that have as much to do with the pinball industry as your average pinsider. That’s fine on occasion, but it’s not terribly informative. That’s what Pinside is for.
    And the interview with “Gary Stern” was lame.

1st, I really liked the "Gary Stern" interview, thought it was entertaining
    I like his show and it's my go to podcast, but I agree with your points.
    He just is so affected by what everybody else is doing, if he would just stay in his lane and ignore the noise he would be much better.
    The 30 min rant about leaking godfather was just so odd. Do any of us really care that much. Claiming leaker ruined Christmas for JJP just left me befuddled.
    Seems like once again he left the pod casting world, if true I would miss his shows but with so much other content to absorb, I won't miss it for long.
    More power to him if he goes behind a paywall 100% and can get subscribers, I won't be one of them becuase the content is not worth it for me, but kudos to Chris. Best of luck, I wish him no ill will.

#976 2 years ago

In the past I've been a strong supporter of Kaneda on Pinside but no longer. He's lost me also and for the same reasons as some have recently posted in this thread...and more.

I'll still listen to his podcast when it's convenient for me. But more and more I'm having to filter out his ego and pandering for the pinball content I want. And I'm mostly done with his Facebook live streaming other than to peek in for some of the viewer comments.

The man has a talent there is no denying that. I just hope he can take a step back and use some of the criticism posted here.

No anger from me. Just disappointment and I wish Chris and his family all the best.

#977 2 years ago

I still cringe when I see the name or see this thread reopened. He lost me before he even became his pinball identity when he ruined countless threads on here and brought drama everywhere. It's much nicer now
    I listened to one podcast in the beginning to give him a chance, and heard exactly what I expected.

#978 2 years ago

Quoted from Jigs:You could almost taste his tears in his latest rant. Someone jerked The Godfather reveal away from him. A 20 minute pout-fest ensues, as he explains how much better he reveals and spoils new pins.

#979 2 years ago

uh oh. I just saw a "Farewell" message pop up on Facebook and now this... did the pinsider who got the jump on him regarding the Godfather intel push this over the edge?

fb (resized).jpgfb (resized).jpg
    #980 2 years ago
    Quoted from spinout:

uh oh. I just saw a "Farewell" message pop up on Facebook and now this... did the pinsider who got the jump on him regarding the Godfather intel push this over the edge?[quoted image]

More likely another "look at me" opportunity.

#981 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

bob & rebob are never gone.gifbob & rebob are never gone.gif
    #982 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Can almost set your watch to it.

#983 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

Looks like you're in the clear screaminr
    Episode deleted

Am I the only one that feels LIKE I MISSED OUT ON AN LE EPISODE. Even though I tried to get in only hours after launch

#984 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Agreed
    Net pinball minutes are fantastic, but above mentioned sale pitches and constant self-praising in third Person…. It’s too much. At the beginning, middle and end of every show it’s Kaneda this and Kaneda that. Obsessively. Without that the content would be much more enjoyable.

#985 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

You could almost taste his tears in his latest rant. Someone jerked The Godfather reveal away from him. A 20 minute pout-fest ensues, as he explains how much better he reveals and spoils new pins.

Agree with you 100% the rant about how he didn’t want to ruin XMas for JJP and he was going to do the right thing and wait until the new year was very odd. He clearly was bothered he was late to the prom on that one. I enjoy his Podcasts but definitely will not be going the paid route. But lately half his podcasts are him defending how he should be able to make money flipping his games because of all the time he puts in the industry. Those are hard to listen to because of the nobody cares factor.

#986 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

In the past I've been a strong supporter of Kaneda on Pinside but no longer. He's lost me also and for the same reasons as some have recently posted in this thread...and more.

So what you’re saying is, you’re no longer going to donate money on my behalf?

#987 2 years ago

Lol…
    Kaneda is at his best when he is either:
    1. Extremely hungover
    2. Extremely tired from changing diapers through the night

After watching his Farewell FB Live.
    I think that Death Star on top of his Xmas tree has turned him into a Sith Lord.

#988 2 years ago

He said that he'll no longer be doing free episodes of his podcasts. From now on, only behind a paywall.

Over/under on how long that will last.

#989 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

He said that he'll no longer be doing free episodes...

We'll eagerly be awaiting a thread announcing when he's back!

#990 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

Agreed
    Net pinball minutes are fantastic, but above mentioned sale pitches and constant self-praising in third Person…. It’s too much. At the beginning, middle and end of every show it’s Kaneda this and Kaneda that. Obsessively. Without that the content would be much more enjoyable.

It could be worse, his favorite cartoon character could have been Tigger. It still kills me that he refers to himself in the third person as "Kaneda".

#991 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

We'll eagerly be awaiting a thread announcing when he's back!

Yep. His obsession with the TWIPY's, not to mention the attention he craves, won't keep him away for very long.

Chris is pinballs' version of Groundhog Day.

#992 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Yep. His obsession with the TWIPY's won't keep him away for very long.

He probably realizes that he's at risk of losing this year and will conveniently stop caring about it.

#993 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

He said that he'll no longer be doing free episodes of his podcasts. From now on, only behind a paywall.
    Over/under on how long that will last.

My prediction: new non-Klub podcast after the Rush reveal. Gotta pump to flip!

#994 2 years ago

Next week's podcast guest: Levi (in studio only please)

#995 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinballGalore:

Agreed

Its just the kaNEED.

#996 2 years ago

I listened to his podcast from time to time while working on games. Even enjoyed his Facebook live segments. It would be cool if another Pinball creator would continue that.
    The podcast I miss the most is the Super Awesome Pinball Show. That show was fun and funny.

#997 2 years ago
    Quoted from Stuieb84:

.....if you don't like kaneda, then just don't listen/watch - seems a pretty simple solution if you are bothered by his content

I am always baffled by this. There are plenty of podcats I don't care for so I don't listen to them. I guess I could listen that way I could come on Pinside and complain about what I don't like but why someone would waste their time is beyond me. I don't like seafood and it would be like me eating it over and over again just so I could complain about not liking it on a food forum.

Quoted from Rarehero:

My prediction: new non-Klub podcast after the Rush reveal. Gotta pump to flip!

Then he can hook you up with another one at cost like he did Godzilla LE. Win-Win

#998 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Then he can hook you up with another one at cost like he did Godzilla LE. Win-Win

Here’s the story he doesn’t tell, because it isn’t as fun. He didn’t think the game was flippable. He wanted out and we did each other a friendly solid. Only after he saw what they were flipping for did he turn our story into schtick for content.

Anyway, I’ve got a Rush locked in with my fav distrib. It’s all good. Win win.

#999 2 years ago

Can we get a moderator to Key Post #981 at the top of the thread?

asking for a friend.....

#1000 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Here’s the story he doesn’t tell, because it isn’t as fun. He didn’t think the game was flippable. He wanted out and we did each other a friendly solid. Only after he saw what they were flipping for did he turn our story into schtick for content.
    Anyway, I’ve got a Rush locked in with my fav distrib. It’s all good. Win win.

Huh? Do tell.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/20?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.