Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 27.
    #901 2 years ago

I’ve seen Ice melt before, but I’ve never seen Ice melt somebody like Episode 594

#902 2 years ago

He’s a snake and a liar are some of my friends exact words about ol Kman, lol. Understanding more that there are 2 sides to every tale. Yes, he is campaigning for a new Kaneda podcast with a paid wall. Now that I know some of the background, that he might be “hiding behind a paid wall for diaper money” comment made by Icey is hilarious. Chris cunningly used the banter to increase his paid subscriber base. Grats to him. Pinball people will spend thousands on machines and begrudge a few dollars to someone that increases their enjoyment. Go figure.

I’ve ragged on the boy to clean up his mouth in the past and told him it is so unprofessional to have a potty mouth like a drunken sailor. Lol Chris is not as innocent in all this as he tries to come off portraying. Smart marketers know how to manipulate their audience. Lol

#903 2 years ago

Honestly any millennial who says that Kaneda didn't influence them into loving pinball is lying. The guy is an absolute legend

#904 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinlordMarc:

Honestly any millennial who says that Kaneda didn't influence them into loving pinball is lying. The guy is an absolute legend

PINLORDMARC

Joined Pinside: July 2nd, 2021

Here we go again...

#905 2 years ago

There is zero doubt that the man is a master of marketing. Those that love him listen and pay attention. Those that hate him listen and pay attention even more.

See: Howard Stern

Nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd. If some of you really wanted to see his presence and stature diminished it would take nothing more than walking out of this thread forever and keeping his name off your keystrokes. But that’s not about to happen. Thus, go ahead and schedule the 150 and 200 Patreon lamentation day marches now.

#906 2 years ago
    Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

Covid seems to have pushed a lot of people over the edge. Wow.

You must be new here

#907 2 years ago
    2 hobbies (resized).jpg2 hobbies (resized).jpg
    #908 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

He’s a snake and a liar are some of my friends exact words about ol Kman, lol. Understanding more that there are 2 sides to every tale. Yes, he is campaigning for a new Kaneda podcast with a paid wall. Now that I know some of the background, that he might be “hiding behind a paid wall for diaper money” comment made by Icey is hilarious. Chris cunningly used the banter to increase his paid subscriber base. Grats to him. Pinball people will spend thousands on machines and begrudge a few dollars to someone that increases their enjoyment. Go figure.
    I’ve ragged on the boy to clean up his mouth in the past and told him it is so unprofessional to have a potty mouth like a drunken sailor. Lol Chris is not as innocent in all this as he tries to come off portraying. Smart marketers know how to manipulate their audience. Lol

Yup...i'll take that apology any time lol

Darn whippersnappers with their "paid walls" and potty mouths

#909 2 years ago

I listened to part of his most recent episode on my drive home from work tonight. I didnt hate it but when he referred to himself both as being Connor McGregor and wearing Gucci I laughed. Not with him, but at him. We’re different breeds I guess.

#910 2 years ago
    Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

PINLORDMARC
    Joined Pinside: July 2nd, 2021
    Here we go again...

I will give the guy some kudos here: He's the first one on Pinside to get a negative thumbs up/down ratio across a hundred different accounts. That's quite an accomplishment.

#911 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

There is zero doubt that the man is a master of marketing. Those that love him listen and pay attention. Those that hate him listen and pay attention even more.
    See: Howard Stern
    Nothing attracts a crowd like a crowd. If some of you really wanted to see his presence and stature diminished it would take nothing more than walking out of this thread forever and keeping his name off your keystrokes. But that’s not about to happen. Thus, go ahead and schedule the 150 and 200 Patreon lamentation day marches now.

Did you seriously just compare Kaneda to Howard Stern?!?

#912 2 years ago

For real record , I’ve listened to Howard Stern when he was with Imus , he was hated by the majority , but his “haters” kept him in the news
    which , I believe , led to his success . Sounds very similar at that point .

#913 2 years ago

Pinball is a great hobby
    DownVoters in 3...2...1
    Fkn babies lol

#914 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Did you seriously just compare Kaneda to Howard Stern?!?

//<![CDATA[
    window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4bc6318379f2780273a64e45f53431970608f82e-1625347963-1800"};
    //]]>

No. I compared the obsessive haterism to that of his. Don’t mistake this group’s culpability for righteousness.

#915 2 years ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

For real record , I’ve listened to Howard Stern when he was with Imus , he was hated by the majority , but his “haters” kept him in the news
    which , I believe , led to his success . Sounds very similar at that point .

Totally. Two titans of radio. Ruled the NY - and then National - airwaves for decades. Two iconoclasts. Two multi-millionaires.

And Kaneda. A pinball podcaster with 2,000 listeners.

Totally the same. Nailed it.

#916 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Totally. Two titans of radio. Ruled the NY - and then National - airwaves for decades. Two iconoclasts. Two multi-millionaires.
    And Kaneda. A pinball podcaster with 2,000 listeners.

Hey lady , relax

#917 2 years ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

Hey lady , relax

Says the one with Kaneda slurry all over his face.

#918 2 years ago

Boob's Pinside Quiz:

What do NicerSoul , PinlordMarc , and HC2016 all have in common?

#919 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Says the one with Kaneda slurry all over his face.

Ha , Have I ever mentioned K , or came to his defense .... Nah , just making fun of you so called “grown men” The majority of Pinsiders are laughing at you . So yup , I’m trolling you knts . Just waiting on being moderated , or being banned . “Be nice”

#920 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Boob's Pinside Quiz:

They are Kaneda slug accounts.

#921 2 years ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

Ha , Have I ever mentioned K , or came to his defense .... Nah , just making fun of you so called “grown men” The majority of Pinsiders are laughing at you . So yup , I’m trolling you knts . Just waiting on being moderated , or being banned . “Be nice”

You've already been banned, under your origin account.

#922 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

You've already been banned, under your origin account.

Ok detective , ck my profile
    Fkn clowns lol

#923 2 years ago

These last bits are telling. There’s a rash of insufferable folks here and they get rid one that got them all sore.

I tried my best to review the threads that were pointed too for consideration. I asked everyone what is was that made kaneda so famous and legendary or angry and bitter. All I hear kaneda is some villain. But I can’t figure out your troll claims.

I listened some to the kaneda shows. So you don’t like? his personality? His swagger? Bravado? I tell you one thing, he has radio presence and cadence that is almost only ever found in professional radio. AND he has drastically improved since the beginning. I remember when 2livecrew was banned. This ain’t that, and that was some BS.

At least iceman can stand apart from the rest, I respect that. The rest of you just run around a pack of hens. Have any of you ever posted any useful threads, posts?

Im glad there is a show that can articulate what is going on, so I don’t need to dig through this place for useful information. Cheers

#924 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

These last bits are telling. There’s a rash of insufferable folks here and they get rid one that got them all sore.
    I tried my best to review the threads that were pointed too for consideration. I asked everyone what is was that made kaneda so famous and legendary or angry and bitter. All I hear kaneda is some villain. But I can’t figure out your troll claims.
    I listened some to the kaneda shows. So you don’t like? his personality? His swagger? Bravado? I tell you one thing, he has radio presence and cadence that is almost only ever found in professional radio. AND he has drastically improved since the beginning. I remember when 2livecrew was banned. This ain’t that, and that was some BS.
    At least iceman can stand apart from the rest, I respect that. The rest of you just run around a pack of hens. Have any of you ever posted any useful threads, posts?
    Im glad there is a show that can articulate what is going on, so I don’t need to dig through this place for useful information. Cheers

I can tell you're pretty new around here. It shows. If you're going to honestly ask me if I've ever posted any useful threads, or talk as if you don't know what's gone on with Kaneda on this site before, it tells me all I need to know about you.

#925 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:I remember when 2livecrew was banned.

#926 2 years ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

Ok detective , ck my profile
    Fkn clowns lol

Okay...I checked your profile and I apologize. You actually have more games than Kaneda. My bad.

#927 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

At least iceman can stand apart from the rest

It's called Social Distancing now.

#928 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Boob's Pinside Quiz:

Who are 3 people who’ve never been in my kitchen.

#929 2 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Who are 3 people who’ve never been in my kitchen.

As far as you know!

#930 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

I remember when 2livecrew was banned. This ain’t that, and that was some BS.

BOOM! Nailed it! 2LiveCrew and Kaneda are more alike than Chris and his own twin brother!

What fabulous prize has he won Bob? Bob: No less than the entire Internet! For today at least.

#931 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

They are Kaneda slug accounts.

NicerSoul was Cornelius.

#932 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

NicerSoul was Cornelius.

Wait what?! I missed that whole thing, now I'm sad.

#933 2 years ago

Kaneda invites people to come on his show like that super drunk dude at closing time who invites you to settle some meaningless argument in the parking lot.

#934 2 years ago

Also calling Pinside a group of grown men who hate him is pretty exclusive of all the grown women who also think he stinks, why does Kaneda hate women so much?

#935 2 years ago
    Quoted from Insanity_Falls:

Kaneda invites people to come on his show like that super drunk dude at closing time who invites you to settle some meaningless argument in the parking lot.

That would actually involve violence , which debating on a podcast is far from a bar fight lol

#936 2 years ago

Oops. Tennie tiny print on mobile phone got me. (delete)

#937 2 years ago

Listening to super awesome pinball show right now. Did the spooky guys end up on kaneda's show? I had to wonder after all that free hype over the past month or so but I'm not going to listen anymore.

#938 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Did the spooky guys end up on kaneda's show?

Jesus I hope not! I want to believe Charlie & co. are way too smart to even entertain that idea....

#939 2 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

Jesus I hope not! I want to believe Charlie & co. are way too smart to even entertain that idea....

"Dance with the devil at your own risk, in The Twilight Zone"

#940 2 years ago

2 1/2 hours after opening sales apparently they are down to around 50 Halloween‘s and 30 Ultraman left. Spooky‘s inventory is basically sold out!

Sold more units faster than Rick and Morty!

#941 2 years ago

But K will be all over this on Thursday. Lol.

#942 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

2 1/2 hours after opening sales apparently they are down to around 50 Halloween‘s and 30 Ultraman left. Spooky‘s inventory is basically sold out!
    Sold more units faster than Rick and Morty!

Wrong thread.

#943 2 years ago

He happily admitted he was wrong about the sales of new Spooky combo games.

Love him or hate him, he is very entertaining.

#944 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

He happily admitted he was wrong about the sales of new Spooky combo games.
    Love him or hate him, he is very entertaining.

You spelled "aggravating" wrong.

#945 2 years ago

Come on Kaneda, get off the Eric M hype train. He’s an okay designer, but very young and inexperienced. No one wanted his first design till it became rare. His second design shoots like a dog to us real pinball players, so no he’s not in the same league as Keith, John, Steve, Pat or George, so quit pretending he is, just because you bought GNR. (Referencing your latest podcast.)

3 weeks later
    #946 2 years ago

Kaneda does alot very well...people listen--both his lovers and haters. He is extremely popular and that will never change. He brings up tons of good points...he gets people talking...he keeps the manufacturers on their toes. He is G O O D for the Pinball and Arcade World out there! Once you start listening, its really hard to stop--let's face it! He admits it when he is wrong too. He will continue and prosper (unless his fatherly duties or job duties step in for a bit). He is not going away, and will go on to win his fifth Twipy for sure. Todd

#947 2 years ago
    Quoted from toddtuckey:

Kaneda does alot very well...people listen--both his lovers and haters. He is extremely popular and that will never change. He brings up tons of good points...he gets people talking...he keeps the manufacturers on their toes. He is G O O D for the Pinball and Arcade World out there! Once you start listening, its really hard to stop--let's face it! He admits it when he is wrong too. He will continue and prosper (unless his fatherly duties or job duties step in for a bit). He is not going away, and will go on to win his fifth Twipy for sure. Todd

Yes, he is just as good for the hobby as that escalera kid.

4 months later
    #948 2 years ago

You could almost taste his tears in his latest rant. Someone jerked The Godfather reveal away from him. A 20 minute pout-fest ensues, as he explains how much better he reveals and spoils new pins.

#949 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jigs:

You could almost taste his tears in his latest rant. Someone jerked The Godfather reveal away from him. A 20 minute pout-fest ensues, as he explains how much better he reveals and spoils new pins.

You guys that hate listen are very odd

#950 2 years ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

You guys that hate listen are very odd

I don’t hate to listen to him.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.