Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 27.
    #801 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Theres no reason not to monetize your podcast. If monetizing your podcast seems weird you're probably just a boomer.

Thanks snowflake!(kidding) also, I'd never pay anyone to listen to their podcast!

#802 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Theres no reason not to monetize your podcast. If monetizing your podcast seems weird you're probably just a boomer.

Unless you are the type to chastise and ridicule your peers for trying to monetize... and then turn around and do it yourself.

#803 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Unless you are the type to chastise and ridicule your peers for trying to monetize... and then turn around and do it yourself.

Do as I say, not as I do...or say. Yea. Forget everything I have said in the past!

#804 2 years ago

There's nothing wrong with monetizing your podcast, other than potential hypocrisy in this case. The real problem is if he's being compensated in some way for artificial opinions. I kind of find it hard to believe that the guy who always asking his audience for money and always trying to flip games for profit is just giving Spooky money because he wants to support them. That seems very out of character. I don't know. I mean he's basically hyping a game that hasn't been revealed and for which he doesn't even know the title.

Theme is everything.
    No... Quality is everything.
    No... "Magic" is everything.

In truth, hype is everything, and there's no bigger sucker for hype than kanoodle.

#805 2 years ago

Hmmm, if I was Charlie, I'd be VERY wary of Kaneda's interest in me.

#806 2 years ago

I think theres a difference between running ads and having a patreon. You don't want to upset your advertisers right? Patreons give you this freedom. Most online creators have patreons nowadays regardless of having ads or sponsors. I got moderated and accused of trolling with my last comment (which was not the case) simply just stating that I guess some people don't understand how things work on the internet these days, which is clearly true judging by the responses.

#807 2 years ago

How many hater Kaneda fans are up in here!?
    You know you listen hahaha!

#808 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

No... Quality is everything.
    No... "Magic" is everything.

Why Not Both?

#809 2 years ago

I was going to ask why some of the people who hate him so much spend so much time in this thread bumping it up, but then I looked at my 400 posts in the deeproot thread over the past two years...

#810 2 years ago

If you are creating a podcast solely for your Patrons that pay you then you are essentially preaching to the choir. If the only way you can listen to these is to pay the producer of the content, that loses a lot of journalistic integrity to me. At that point you are creating content for those that have already drank your koolaid.

I get it that it costs time and money to produce this content but typically you would get funding through advertising or sponsorships. Many podcasts have Patreons as well but they don't gate their content behind it and instead give other perks. Early access or chats with the hosts, etc etc.

To each their own, this is his model and that is fine, but you would figure he (or anyone that runs a podcast) would want to have as much reach as possible not limited to a small subset who pays you.

#811 2 years ago
    Quoted from Smack:

If you are creating a podcast solely for your Patrons that pay you then you are essentially preaching to the choir. If the only way you can listen to these is to pay the producer of the content, that loses a lot of journalistic integrity to me. At that point you are creating content for those that have already drank your koolaid.
    I get it that it costs time and money to produce this content but typically you would get funding through advertising or sponsorships. Many podcasts have Patreons as well but they don't gate their content behind it and instead give other perks. Early access or chats with the hosts, etc etc.
    To each their own, this is his model and that is fine, but you would figure he (or anyone that runs a podcast) would want to have as much reach as possible not limited to a small subset who pays you.

lol most podcasts have this. Its a great way for creators to get paid for their work. His main show is still free and is regularly posted. Theres very few podcasts that I listen to that don't have bonus episodes and other rewards for patrons. The best news is, that if you don't like it, you still don't have to listen!

#812 2 years ago

Huh. Kanedas podcast hasn’t loaded on my iPad since June 7th. But now I see he’s got 3 since then on SoundCloud? I figured he just went Patreon only, but I guess not.

#813 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Huh. Kanedas podcast hasn’t loaded on my iPad since June 7th.

Clearly God loves you.

#814 2 years ago

Huh. Kanedas podcast hasn’t loaded on my iPad since June 7th. But now I see he’s got 3 since then on SoundCloud? I figured he just went Patreon only, but I guess not.

Go to Apple podcasts and search for it, you’ll see it’s not subscribed anymore. Just subscribe again and it’ll all load up right.

#815 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Go to Apple podcasts and search for it, you’ll see it’s not subscribed anymore. Just subscribe again and it’ll all load up right.

Or do yourself a favor, and don't .

#816 2 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Or do yourself a favor, and don't .

Touché lol

#817 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Stop it.

Content is basically worth nothing other than entertainment value. It’s comical. Lol

Why Chris does it for chump change and subjects himself to the torture is beyond me.

Jack Danger does his stream for a living and I throw $5 bucks a month without ever tuning in on Twitch or rarely do. And Stern pays him too

But at least you get the real deal

Such a waste of time pimping yourself panhandling. Pinball companies are laughing their asses off

“Pinball media”? What a f ing joke that is! Doesn’t exist and nobody cares.

TWIP is the closest informative thing and I love that

#819 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Stop it.
    Content is basically worth nothing other than entertainment value. It’s comical. Lol
    Why Chris does it for chump change and subjects himself to the torture is beyond me.
    Jack Danger does his stream for a living and I throw $5 bucks a month without ever tuning in on Twitch or rarely do. And Stern pays him too
    But at least you get the real deal
    Such a waste of time pimping yourself panhandling. Pinball companies are laughing their asses off
    “Pinball media”? What a f ing joke that is! Doesn’t exist and nobody cares.
    TWIP is the closest informative thing and I love that

If you don't understand why patreon exists and why millions of creators use it, and millions more people pay creators via the platform, then you're either out of touch with current day realities or being purposely obtuse. There is no other way to put it.

#820 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

If you don't understand why patreon exists and why millions of creators use it, and millions more people pay creators via the platform, then you're either out of touch with current day realities or being purposely obtuse. There is no other way to put it.

Must be a disconnect somewhere, but I did not read his post as being indicative of not understanding why patreon exists or why creators use it?

#821 2 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

How many hater Kaneda fans are up in here!?
    You know you listen hahaha!

Well, a thousand less people are listening to him now than at his peak, for what that’s worth.

I know I listen fairly regularly, so you got that right, but his listenership is definitely in decline. And as someone who’s listened to him from the beginning, I find his podcast less interesting now than it used to be. Episodes pile up now (never used to) and I often don’t listen all the way through.

Two years ago, his podcast was entertaining to the point that I might have considered a Patreon donation (if that was the only was to listen). But frankly it’s not good enough now.

#822 2 years ago

Well, a thousand less people are listening to him now than at his peak, for what that’s worth.
    I know I listen fairly regularly, so you got that right, but his listenership is definitely in decline. And as someone who’s listened to him from the beginning, I find his podcast less interesting now than it used to be. Episodes pile up now (never used to) and I often don’t listen all the way through.
    Two years ago, his podcast was entertaining to the point that I might have considered a Patreon donation (if that was the only was to listen). But frankly it’s not good enough now.

I doubt a lot of the listens are full playthroughs of the episode. I usually listen to about a third of an episode before I'm done.

#823 2 years ago
    Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

I doubt a lot of the listens are full playthroughs of the episode. I usually listen to about a third of an episode before I'm done.

I bet most listen to the entire episode cause they are only 20-30 minutes, which is short compared to most other pinball podcasts.

#824 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I bet most listen to the entire episode cause they are only 20-30 minutes, which is short compared to most other pinball podcasts.

I guess. I used to listen to them all the way through but they've all become so repetitive.

#825 2 years ago

Sometimes I like to listen at 1/2 speed on Apple podcasts to make it last on a drive or at work. It’s what your all missing.

#826 2 years ago

Episode came on the feed this morning. Now he's trolling his listeners. It's one thing to have exclusive content for supporters, but it's another thing to start an episode and then say you can't have the rest unless you pay for it. Does this really make people want to give him money?

#827 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

...Does this really make people want to give him money?

Probably.

#828 2 years ago

Anybody that's giving this guy money to listen to his opinions really needs to reevaluate their life because something has clearly gone horribly wrong.

I'll give you my opinions for free, and like Kaneda's, they're worth even less than the asking price.

#829 2 years ago
    Quoted from Haymaker:

Patreon exists for the scammers like Kaneda and idiots that pay for garbage?

Because if it was worth a f ing dime sponsors would pay for it. FACT. Even then people are just plain stupid

Even Boobie got something right.

Kaneda is a sad life story who just doesn’t get it.

Absolute waste of life and chump change. Lol. He’s the loser and of course anybody that pays for that crap

Panhandling people for payment is pitiful

I tried to be a friend to him. All he really cares about is making diaper money. Narcissist

#830 2 years ago

All of his paid club member episodes will be leaked anyways just like how he leaks information from all of these pinball companies.

Lots of episodes I hear him recently feels like he is always begging for money and now teasing his audience with a fake video to try to get people to pay him for content. I’ve been a fan of his show but i am done listening for now because i have lost interest.

#831 2 years ago

#832 2 years ago

That’s some mean shit partner. Get your ass on his show.

Quoted from iceman44:

Because if it was worth a f ing dime sponsors would pay for it. FACT. Even then people are just plain stupid
    Absolute waste of life and chump change. Lol. He’s the loser and of course anybody that pays for that crap
    I tried to be a friend to him. All he really cares about is making diaper money. Narcissist

#833 2 years ago

Patreon has absolutely no lack of legitimate purpose. Not everyone desires to sell out to sponsorship or endorsement leverage. I don’t expect the line of prospective sponsorship is particularly long for Kaneda, but don’t vilify the platform just because he’s on it.

The dude does seem to get away with living rent free in a lot of heads around here. That much I know.

#834 2 years ago
    Quoted from gambit3113:

Patreon has absolutely no lack of legitimate purpose. Not everyone desires to sell out to sponsorship or endorsement leverage. I don’t expect the line of prospective sponsorship is particularly long for Kaneda, but don’t vilify the platform just because he’s on it.
    The dude does seem to get away with living rent free in a lot of heads around here. That much I know.

Sponsorships or endorsements may be "selling out," but I can't imagine that selling out could be worse than the constant begging for people to support you on Patreon or the stupid gimmicks he's been trying to try to increase his backer numbers.

I honestly used to like his show, and even when I stopped liking it, it was a decent summary of the current pinball news. It's devolved into just constant complaining, trolling, begging, and the recent suspiciously overzealous spooky pinball fawning. I'll admit, though, that I haven't heard all the of the recent episodes. He seems to be sending this message that all the good episodes are behind the pay wall, so when a new episode comes on the feed, I think to myself "this must be one of the lesser episodes because it's free" and I turn it off.

#835 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Without commenting podcast, I might suggest you, sir, are the sad story. Get off pinside and get a life. Moderators, do your job. Kaneda makes a great podcast. Do you take some sick pleasure in putting people down? Are you 12…?????

Boomer sooner, fuck Texas.

#836 2 years ago

I like most of you guys that are obsessed with this dude. I really do. But as someone that has been put in RGP jail plenty of times over the years for being mean here, I do wonder why this thread gets the pass it does. I’ve never wandered into these waters, but it’s getting unhealthy for real now. I’ll never understand why some care about what he says so much, nor why he cares what is said here so much.

#837 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

Without commenting podcast, I might suggest you, sir, are the sad story. Get off pinside and get a life. Moderators, do your job. Kaneda makes a great podcast. Do you take some sick pleasure in putting people down? Are you 12…?????

Shut up Kaneda. The Eyes of Texas are upon you. LOL

#838 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Patreon exists for the scammers like Kaneda?

Mostly artists and as alternative for broken youtube commercial remuneration rules.

#839 2 years ago

Kaneda, my friend Dougy has told me he’s really, really, really, sorry and will apologize at the appropriate time. Please don’t be insulted by Dougy, he’s not himself lately.

Kaneda, we like your effort to entertain us and give us a different look at pinball. We know you’re not hiding behind a paywall. You deserve to receive some coin for your efforts. The laborer is worthy of their hire. You’re going the right path having people make contributions to your massive efforts in this hobby. You’re the only podcast that gets right to pinball and not telling us about what you had for breakfast or singing us an off key numbskul song. Don’t take pinside crowd so seriously, lol.

#840 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Shut up Kaneda. The Eyes of Texas are upon you. LOL

Wow. He was right. You actually do have 21,000+ posts.

#841 2 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

...and about that many accounts here as well. Fixed it for ya.

#842 2 years ago

Can I get that apology yet?

#843 2 years ago
    Quoted from dugmar:

What a loser!

#844 2 years ago

As someone who doesn't listen to the guy at all, but is familiar with him, there are a lot of grown ass men in here who spend a bit too much time thinking about a pinball personality.

#845 2 years ago

Oh damn, I didn't know he was continuing the podcast. I thought he was sticking to the Facebook only streams. Someone mentioned that his new podcasts aren't showing up in the podcast app, and so I checked and had to re-follow his podcast so I am alerted when new ones are posted.

Awesome, I am mowing today and didn't have anything specific to listen to other than music. Now I have something interesting to pass the mowing time.

#846 2 years ago

And just like that....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #847 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

And just like that....[quoted image]

#848 2 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

And just like that....[quoted image]

I mean the podcast is more about kaneda getting Patreon supporters than pinball anymore so I guess his efforts are paying off.

I saw there was a new episode today called "I'm a loser." I didn't listen to it because it's clearly another episode all about kaneda and not so much about pinball. I'm guessing all these paying supporters are kaneda fans more than pinball fans, because that's what they're getting.

#849 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I mean the podcast is more about kaneda getting Patreon supporters than pinball anymore so I guess his efforts are paying off.
    I saw there was a new episode today called "I'm a loser." I didn't listen to it because it's clearly another episode all about kaneda and not so much about pinball. I'm guessing all these paying supporters are kaneda fans more than pinball fans, because that's what they're getting.

It was also about Iceman!

#850 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

Ballpin and now TheSoftBoiledEgg. Anyone know the usernames of Kaneda's other accounts?

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.