Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 27.
    #751 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

More like cancer he will return again.

Like cancer? How so?

#752 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Cancer wow , he must be Satan himself
    WTF man

#753 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

Like cancer? How so?

Quoted from HC2016:

Cancer wow , he must be Satan himself
    WTF man

Herpes was OK, but you couldn't let cancer go huh?

#754 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Herpes was OK, but you couldn't let cancer go huh?

Herpes ..I must have missed that one from the K fanclub with the repetitiveness of how evil he is

#755 2 years ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

... repetitiveness ....

Yeah lots of fresh takes in these threads from everyone.

#756 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah lots of fresh takes in these threads from everyone.

It’s not fresh , it’s old , cause of the numerous threads about this dude , I wouldn’t be able to catch up , but definitely strikes up my curiousity when someone is compared to cancer in the pinball hobby , and I know I’m fueling it by responding , but what the hell , he must have hurt a lot of feelings

#757 2 years ago

He was like...mild skin cancer. Annoying, slightly damaging, but you could avoid it.

Quoted from HC2016:

...the must have hurt a lot of feelings

Enough that the owner of the site banned him forever.

#758 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

He was like...mild skin cancer. Annoying, slightly damaging, but you could avoid it.

But still here in spirit shall we say . Or renting space in ppls head . Bans don’t work . Anyway carry on

#759 2 years ago

I played a GnR CE. it was fukkin awesome. And absolutely beautiful with no playfield issues at all. Sorry kaneda.. your hype ain't real.

#760 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

There are at least four other website forums that he has been permanently banned from in addition to Pinside (not all pinball forums).

You have to admit, he has quite the online personality to achieve what he has.

#761 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

There are at least four other website forums that he has been permanently banned from in addition to Pinside (not all pinball forums).
    You have to admit, he has quite the online personality to achieve what he has.

Banned from online groups , doesn’t say much other than he hurt feelings and broke rules . You do realize this is very common

#762 2 years ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

Banned from online groups , doesn’t say much other than he hurt feelings and broke rules . You do realize this is very common

GTFO with this nonsense.

"Very common" to be perma banned from 5 different online forums?

#763 2 years ago

Wooooo! You guys have sold me! I’m checking this Kanaka out! Anytime there is a remarkable Hate/value ratio thats a good sign! I think of all the art I own, the films I like, music. It all had sprawl and dissenters following it around like like parasites. It actually makes it better..

I keep hearing the name over and over, and I keep thinking, “who?” Trying to figure out what everyone is so polarized about. I don’t get it. He’s been gone what 5 years? And still, here we are. That’s pretty remarkable and telling. Getting kicked off online forums? That’s it? Anything else?

#764 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

GTFO with this nonsense.
    "Very common" to be perma banned from 5 different online forums?

Yes it is , every online group has their own rules and limits , silly but it is what it is

#765 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

Wooooo! You guys have sold me! I’m checking this Kanaka out! Anytime there is a remarkable Hate/value ratio thats a good sign! I think of all the art I own, the films I like, music. It all had sprawl and dissenters following it around like like parasites. It actually makes it better..
    I keep hearing the name over and over, and I keep thinking, “who?” Trying to figure out what everyone is so polarized about. I don’t get it. He’s been gone what 5 years? And still, here we are. That’s pretty remarkable and telling. Getting kicked off online forums? That’s it? Anything else?

You should definitely "check him out" as it sounds like he is right up your alley.

#766 2 years ago

Where can I find him?

#767 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

EXACTLY

#768 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

Where can I find him?

Just do a search for "Kanaka"

#769 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

Where can I find him?

Be careful you might be shunned by the “community”

#770 2 years ago

I have many Japanese friends so he will probably fit in neatly. Unless he has tattoos. We don’t do that in Japan, No hottub entry.
    Otherwise my construction or prison friends will probably appreciate him if he’s all you guys are making him out to be.

#771 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

Wooooo! You guys have sold me! I’m checking this Kanaka out!

It's your life. Feel free to waste it.

But spelling his name correctly is a prerequisite to being a fanboy.

#772 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

Getting kicked off online forums? That’s it? Anything else?

Newb.

#774 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

Indeed. Am I Welcome?

Sure, but do your homework.

#775 2 years ago

I’m trying. I can’t just shift through 8 years of threads here. I’ve looked at some, but I just don’t get what you are all on about.

#776 2 years ago

I don’t know how you guys can except a “Neub” like myself to dig through 8 years of threads to find your truth.
    Did he commit a crime?

What was the crime? Was it bad?

#777 2 years ago
    Quoted from SmallyBells:

I don’t know how you guys can except a “Neub” like myself to dig through 8 years of threads to find your truth.
    Did he commit a crime?
    What was the crime? Was it bad?

Quoted from RobT:

Just do a search for "Kanaka"

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just do a search for "Kanaka" HA HA

#778 2 years ago

Looking at thread title, note the most recent podcast was 589, or 88 episodes past the last time he quit pinball and returned. This time he is done providing free content. He has risen from the grave already and returned behind a paywall. That’s right, you’ve got to pay to play to hear the new episodes. Old library of episodes is available online for free. Let the grumblings continue.

#779 2 years ago

I don’t mind listening for free, but paying for that is like paying for herpes

#780 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

I don’t mind listening for free, but paying for that is like paying for herpes

So you're saying you enjoy free herpes?

#781 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That’s right, you’ve got to pay to play to hear the new episodes.

Surprised it took this long. Plenty of peeps here were telling him they would like to pay for his podcast; why not.

#782 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

POTW

#783 2 years ago

Decisions really are easier when money is involved. This one is a “no”.

#784 2 years ago

Maybe I will start "Kanaka's" pinball podcast. Seems pretty easy. I'll just make up a bunch of rumors and post contradictory statements minutes apart. I will also hype upcoming games while trashing the games I previously hyped. Please support my Patreon. I deserve to be paid for that kind of premium content.

#785 2 years ago

Let’s go kanaka! I want to be entertained!

#786 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes I do

#787 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

You're such a drama queen

#788 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Looking at thread title, note the most recent podcast was 589, or 88 episodes past the last time he quit pinball and returned. This time he is done providing free content. He has risen from the grave already and returned behind a paywall. That’s right, you’ve got to pay to play to hear the new episodes. Old library of episodes is available online for free. Let the grumblings continue.

Unless he said something different , you only have to pay to hear his " unfiltered "opinions .
    I listen but I would never pay to hear any podcast .
    If you do have to pay to hear him now , he'll only have a handful of listeners and no more Twipy's .

#789 2 years ago
    Quoted from Edenecho:

You're such a drama queen

Im your drama queen baby

#790 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Cut and extracted, just like cancer.

#791 2 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Unless he said something different , you only have to pay to hear his " unfiltered "opinions .
    I listen but I would never pay to hear any podcast .
    If you do have to pay to hear him now , he'll only have a handful of listeners and no more Twipy's .

Good point! Expect him back on regular free podcasts in three…two….

#793 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Maybe I will start "Kanaka's" pinball podcast. Seems pretty easy. I'll just make up a bunch of rumors and post contradictory statements minutes apart. I will also hype upcoming games while trashing the games I previously hyped. Please support my Patreon. I deserve to be paid for that kind of premium content.

Please do so. It's easy to be a keyboard commando and it's another thing to be able to keep your audience engaged and listening without any co-hosts. I personally could never do a podcast but please feel free to show us all how it's done. Maybe throw in a few facebook lives as well so we can see how you do on the fly without any edits.

#794 2 years ago

Hmmm the last slot doesn’t seem realistic as I read thru this thread .. who’s holding back on a Vote

5B5AAB3E-A925-4347-ACF3-49809C3CC1ED (resized).jpeg5B5AAB3E-A925-4347-ACF3-49809C3CC1ED (resized).jpeg
    #795 2 years ago

As I’m playing pinball , I’m checking in to see the downvotes , Nothing yet , you guys are slacking

#796 2 years ago
    Quoted from HC2016:

As I’m playing pinball , I’m checking in to see the downvotes , Nothing yet , you guys are slacking

Yeah you're really into it, awesome!

#797 2 years ago

I hope kanooki is on spooky's payroll after all that shilling.

On a serious note though, it's clear that he's trying HARD to monetize his podcast, and that spooky gushing is over the top even for Kanaka. I have to wonder if they are paying him in some way.

#798 2 years ago

agree with seenev. pretty ridiculous. completely dismisses all of spookys shortcomings and past transgressions. nothing but a feel good advertisement.

#799 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I hope kanooki is on spooky's payroll after all that shilling.
    On a serious note though, it's clear that he's trying HARD to monetize his podcast, and that spooky gushing is over the top even for Kanaka. I have to wonder if they are paying him in some way.

Kanooki…too funny! Kanooki shilling means he’s now on the out’s with Stern, so instead shilled for JJP. Now on the out’s with JJP, so his new shill is Spooky. Can remember he couldn’t get rid of R&M fast enough after he realized it wasn’t for him. He said it shot so poorly (his opinion) that his stomach was sick just thinking about it and that there was nearly nothing in the game at all. Which he said he realized after seeing GNR, which he paid nearly the same price for. Now’s he’s back to shilling for them, to only trash it down the road again, just like he did on R&M and GNR. Stern can only be sooooo happy he doesn’t buy any of their games since Batman.

#800 2 years ago

Theres no reason not to monetize your podcast. If monetizing your podcast seems weird you're probably just a boomer.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/16?hl=zmeny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.