Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 27.
    #701 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

The down votes clearly show how many "easily offended" millennial, "the world owes me a living", twerps there are on here - away you go twerps, another post for you to be 'offended by' and down vote - hahahaha

#702 2 years ago

Lol. They all end up dead?

Is Jack Joe Pesci?

#703 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

The down votes clearly show how many "easily offended" millennial, "the world owes me a living", twerps there are on here - away you go twerps, another post for you to be 'offended by' and down vote - hahahaha

…or maybe we see boring cliche divisive propaganda for what it is?

#704 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

The fact that JJP has only offered to buy back CEs and even then telling customers that they have to decide by the end of the next business day is them jerking customers around. It's a joke to them. They know that customers are reluctant to take the offer at best, and forcing them to decide immediately gets JJP off the hook while agonizing the customer. Before GnR, when JJP was still struggling to sell games like DI, Potc, and WW, their attitude was quite different. They were much more apologetic, ultimately offering solutions that didn't require customers to give up the game. But now that they have more orders than they can handle? They're all too happy to twist the knife with a win/win for them. Either the customer keeps the game without them having to do anything, or the customer sends the game back and JJP now has a CE number available for them to assign to a new build that is now worth far more than they sold out for originally. JJP will give that $12,500 back, take that CE number and put it on another game, and sell it for $20,000 or more through unofficial channels.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Nice there are more people seeing through the clouded veil of JJP. This is a dysfunctional company that now thinks they can get away with selling subpar products, because they have a rapid fan base that will spend anything to get their JJP so called, but not reality “Cadillac of games” fix. Collector types buy JJP, because they are certainly not real pinball players for the most part. JJP designs don’t shoot well, with very poor ball flow dynamics. Take most any of their 6 layouts to find poor shot geometry and ball movement.

#705 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Nice there are more people seeing through the clouded veil of JJP. This is a dysfunctional company that now thinks they can get away with selling subpar products, because they have a rapid fan base that will spend anything to get their JJP so called, but not reality “Cadillac of games” fix. Collector types buy JJP, because they are certainly not real pinball players for the most part. JJP designs don’t shoot well, with very poor ball flow dynamics. Take most any of their 6 layouts to find poor shot geometry and ball movement.

I'm sort of joking, but only sort of. I mean, I doubt they're really laughing at people, but they're definitely treating people like the suckers they are. They sort of remind me of Disney. 15 years ago Disneyland wasn't as in demand as it is today, and the company would bend over backwards to make their guests happy. Today if a guest is unhappy, they don't care at all. If anything, they consider it good thing that one less ungrateful customer will be testing their capacity limits. JJP has so much demand now that they don't care if some of their customers are unhappy. They have too many customers for their current capacity. They might consider it a silver lining to get rid of some orders that they would struggle to make.

#706 2 years ago

So who deleted kaneda's Facebook page... Himself, or Facebook?

#707 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

So who deleted kaneda's Facebook page... Himself, or Facebook?

My be would be the King of Pinball drama...K-man himself.

#708 2 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

Chris has made his point about it being an issue, no doubt and I applaud him for doing so. He can continue talking about it every day - for me, I just need a break from it -

the wheels have fallen off the fanboy bus kaneda.. shit's getting real!

Quoted from seenev:

Before GnR, when JJP was still struggling to sell games like DI, Potc, and WW, their attitude was quite different. They were much more apologetic, ultimately offering solutions that didn't require customers to give up the game.

They struggled to sell pirate's?! c'mon man!

#709 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It was a slow seller beyond the die hards. Which is why LE/CEs sold.. but not so much standards. Only after JJP announced they were not making more did interest really start to peak.

#710 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

They absolutely struggled to sell pirates. I turned down a NIB LE at the time because $9500 seemed too expensive at the time. Why do you think they stopped making them after only 1000 games? They weren't flying out the door.

#711 2 years ago

Thread title needs to be changed to "Kaneda is GONE" (again)

#712 2 years ago

Kaneda is never GONE, he’s living rent free in everyone’s mind on this thread

35FD5113-5686-494A-AEA0-E392714644F5.gif35FD5113-5686-494A-AEA0-E392714644F5.gif
    #713 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Thread title needs to be changed to "Kaneda is GONE" (again)

Are we at least going to get another farewell episode where he promises that things are different this time?

#714 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Kaneda is never GONE, he’s living rent free in everyone’s mind on this thread
    [quoted image]

Whoa, I have never heard that one before...good one!

#715 2 years ago

How about the camo tree gif tho? 1/2 point for gif effort?

#716 2 years ago

Is it confirmed Kaneda deleted his facebook page?

#717 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Is it confirmed Kaneda deleted his facebook page?

Who gives a flying f........?

#718 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

Who gives a flying f........?

You, apparently? Since you came into a thread titled "Kaneda is back.." and actually took the time and effort to post in it?

#719 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Are we at least going to get another farewell episode where he promises that things are different this time?

To quote Arnie,

He'll be back.

#720 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Why do you think they stopped making them after only 1000 games

What does LE stand for again? I didn't consider them struggling to sell any pins tho for that matter. But..just my opinion

#721 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Remove the songs, GNR theme, artwork, integration too while your at it
    GREAT game! And THAT is why it sells for outrageous prices. The market is speaking.
    That’s pretty much it end of story. Huge demand
    Drop that mic. Lol

I would bet big money that most of the people paying outrageous money for GNR CE's haven't actually played it, or at least haven't put more than 20 games on it. GNR is amazing experience when you first play it; not much in pinball could beat the first time I played Live and Let Die. But after the shine wears off, it's probably not worth paying 20k for. So while I'm sure there are exceptions, I don't see most people who've put time on a GNR actually paying a premium for it. The MSRP is probably about where the price should be sitting.

#722 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I would bet big money that most of the people paying outrageous money for GNR CE's haven't actually played it, or at least haven't put more than 20 games on it. GNR is amazing experience when you first play it; not much in pinball could beat the first time I played Live and Let Die. But after the shine wears off, it's probably not worth paying 20k for. So while I'm sure there are exceptions, I don't see most people who've put time on a GNR actually paying a premium for it. The MSRP is probably about where the price should be sitting.

For what little is in GNRCE game (LEDs are penny’s) MSRP is way too much to be charging even. Should be priced no more than it’s rival Stern LE, at $9,1k. Even that might be too high given there are no mechs in the game. Once the impressive light show wears off, after a few plays, it becomes tedious MB after MB play and monotonous hearing those same 21 songs over and over. Yes, LZ only having 10 songs is worse. Beatles nine 40 second songs is the ultimate rip off. Lol

#723 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

What does LE stand for again? I didn't consider them struggling to sell any pins tho for that matter. But..just my opinion

You should be their accountant. When they go deep into the red just tell them that you don't consider them to be struggling.

#724 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

I don't disagree with saying it's not worth $20k, no pin is. But i've played mine an awful lot and others that have come over and played it would agree with me that "the shine hasn't worn off and won't anytime soon".

It still shines GREAT and is an amazing experience. Playing it a few times doesn't change that. On location, i don't know. It's never the same.

The market says the experience is worth $20k right now. They will all fade over time but the GNR experience will always be fun to play i think even after several thousand plays on it. Can't say for sure because not there yet but it's one i'd never sell regardless.

#725 2 years ago

Kaneda painted himself into a corner on Facebook. After JJP started deleting his comments and took away his ability to comment further, he proclaimed “I’m done with JJP”. That apparently didn’t last long as within about a week and a half, he created about half a dozen posts about JJP. When people called him out, he tried to backtrack and say he would only refrain from speaking about JJP “on his podcast”. Once the screenshot of him saying he was done with JJP (no mention of podcasts, Facebook, FB Live, etc., just a blanket statement) was posted.....*poof*. He took his ball and went home.

Should have never said he was done with the second biggest pinball company on the planet. He lost control of his emotions and had a tantrum. It’ll be interesting to hear his excuse as to why he is returning when he finally comes crawling back in a few days.

#726 2 years ago

Kenada has painted himself in a corner on everything. He says done with podcast then he’s comes back. He said he’s done talking about JJP but we all know Kenada loves to hear himself talk more than anything so he’ll start talking about JJP sooner or later. JJP cares less about Kenada than he cares about GnR JJP won’t care that Special K is not talking about them.

#727 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

Kaneda painted himself into a corner on Facebook. After JJP started deleting his comments and took away his ability to comment further, he proclaimed “I’m done with JJP”. That apparently didn’t last long as within about a week and a half, he created about half a dozen posts about JJP. When people called him out, he tried to backtrack and say he would only refrain from speaking about JJP “on his podcast”. Once the screenshot of him saying he was done with JJP (no mention of podcasts, Facebook, FB Live, etc., just a blanket statement) was posted.....*poof*. He took his ball and went home.
    Should have never said he was done with the second biggest pinball company on the planet. He lost control of his emotions and had a tantrum. It’ll be interesting to hear his excuse as to why he is returning when he finally comes crawling back in a few days.

He's been making a noticeable effort lately to monetize his show. He's really been pushing the Patreon and PayPal donations, and I think he said something about having merchandise to sell. Maybe he's having financial trouble...

Do we know if he deleted his Facebook himself? I wouldn't be surprised if someone complained to Facebook about the whole doxxing thing and they deleted it themselves.

#728 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

You should be their accountant. When they go deep into the red just tell them that you don't consider them to be struggling.

Who's your source of just how broke they are? Kaneda

#730 2 years ago
    Untitled-2 (resized).jpgUntitled-2 (resized).jpg
    #731 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

CE's sat in Automated Pinballs warehouse for a year. Wasn't until they announced they were stopping production that people wanted them due to FOMO. The game was a dud and still is regards of what it sells for today.

#732 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

You, apparently? Since you came into a thread titled "Kaneda is back.." and actually took the time and effort to post in it?

Well I think people can care aboot his podcast and all those things and not his Facebook page

#733 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

CE's sat in Automated Pinballs warehouse for a year. Wasn't until they announced they were stopping production that people wanted them due to FOMO. The game was a dud and still is regards of what it sells for today.

How many machines sat there? And for how long were they there? Where are you getting this info? Any links to factual websites or articles supporting these claims ? Didn't think so!

#734 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Calling Pirates a dud is a pretty scalding hot take lol

#735 2 years ago

Kaneda is never gone. Like a phoenix he will rise again.

#736 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinpin8990:

the second biggest pinball company on the planet.

Have to chuckle every time someone says this. JJP is a tiny company that has only put out 6 games in 12 years. Other than WOZ at $6500 they’ve struggled to sell many of anything. Spooky may soon overtake them. Lol. Surely CGC is larger. AP has already put out half as many games. With Dennis there, they could easily take over JJP. It is a mirage JJP is called number 2. Stern makes more machines in a month than JJP does every couple of years. Lol

#737 2 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

Kaneda is never gone. Like herpes bumps he will rise again.

Agreed

#738 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Have to chuckle every time someone says this. JJP is a tiny company that has only put out 6 games in 12 years. Other than WOZ at $6500 they’ve struggled to sell many of anything. Spooky may soon overtake them. Lol. Surely CGC is larger. AP has already put out half as many games. With Dennis there, they could easily take over JJP. It is a mirage JJP is called number 2. Stern makes more machines in a month than JJP does every couple of years. Lol

All AP’s and Spookys games together probably didn’t outsell Wonka. GTFO.

#739 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

I have to chuckle every time you post a negative JJP post. You are working non stop overtime on it

You work for Stern right Jimmy? I mean love Stern too but you have to tied to them somehow. Lol

Now I’m going to play my kick ass GNR, Wonka, STH and JP for tonight. Maybe a little AIQ as well.

What are you gonna do? Troll the JJP threads?

#740 2 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

No pin is worth paying $20k for.

#741 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

You work for Stern right Jimmy?

They JY fits, just add two numbers. You are on to something iceman44

#742 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I have to chuckle every time you post a negative JJP post. You are working non stop overtime on it
    You work for Stern right Jimmy? I mean love Stern too but you have to tied to them somehow. Lol
    Now I’m going to play my kick ass GNR, Wonka, STH and JP for tonight. Maybe a little AIQ as well.

Come on Icey, you hate truth and denigrate it by name calling? Lol Glad I’m making you laugh at the very least. Lol My Dad Gary likes it and pays me overtime to boot.

#743 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

I never realized downvotes mean so much around here , it’s very amusing , Guess they’ll never buy a game from me Ha Ha

#744 2 years ago
    Quoted from jimwe5t:

Come on Icey, you hate truth and denigrate it by name calling? Lol Glad I’m making you laugh at the very least. Lol My Dad Gary likes it and pays me overtime to boot.

I’m not name calling Jimmy! It’s all good and I’m laughing which pinball ought to be about.

Should I call you Gary Jr instead?

The truth? I’m having a blast playing all my pins.

JP is the GOAT for me right now. GNR is a different kind of sexy beast!

#745 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I’m not name calling Jimmy! It’s all good and I’m laughing which pinball ought to be about.
    Should I call you Gary Jr instead?
    The truth? I’m having a blast playing all my pins.
    JP is the GOAT for me right now. GNR is a different kind of sexy beast!

All good Icey, enjoy the chit chat. JP is the GOAT, along with AIQ, its a tie.

#746 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

How many machines sat there? And for how long were they there? Where are you getting this info? Any links to factual websites or articles supporting these claims ? Didn't think so!

Serious question..where do u guys get this info from?

#747 2 years ago

They all misheard it on Kaneda’s show

#748 2 years ago
    Quoted from xbmanx:

Kaneda is never gone. Like a phoenix he will rise again.

More like cancer he will return again.

#749 2 years ago
    06364362-49F9-4AFB-AB10-C351296A32FE (resized).jpeg06364362-49F9-4AFB-AB10-C351296A32FE (resized).jpeg
    #750 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Not that I care, but JimWest was born on pinside to troll JJP, literally. Again, I don't care, never owned a JJP and almost certainly never will -- but he obviously had a bad experience with JJP or just loves Stern. It certainly isn't worth having a rational debates on the merits of any JJP pin with him because that not why he is here.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/15?hl=xbmanx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.