Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 27.
    #551 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I know right..
    I'll have you know that my avatar's jpeg was captured lovingly from VHS to a jpeg video capture card back in about 1996... old school!

LOL, that is awesome! ATI All In Wonder ftw?

#552 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

It IS a disservice when you have certain people acting as the head cheerleaders for some of these companies to make bank and or stay in good with them.
    Are the issues widespread I would say no BUT at the price of a NIB game there should be very few issues if the QC is any good which apparently is not the case at most of the manufacturers.
    If there is a problem it should be resolved in a timely fashion and from what we see here on Pinside (even if we are all cry babies) it looks like most cases are not easily taken care of........ Just saying

I agree that there should be very few issues... but show me where any pinball company guarantees no issues. I don’t see it in writing from Stern or JJP. It’s certainly not in the warranty. I’d assume most of us go ahead and buy anyway.

I think buyers that come and cry to Pinside are less likely to get help. The best thing to do is work with your distributor, then the manufacturer.

#553 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude... stop listening to so many podcasts and actually go outside and see real people. The podcast tit-for-tat world is not real world - its just an echo-chamber of a small group of people.

You sir are like a pirate program - i say end of the line for you

#554 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

LOL, that is awesome! ATI All In Wonder ftw?

Nah, it was commercial video gear at the time. I forget the make, it didn't do anything but digitize NTSC video. But I spent hours after work using it and the nice commercial sony vhs deck to screen grab many of my favorite iconic shots in the film.

#555 2 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I always thought it was Jack Sparrow for the win!!

The plot thickens....

kaneda2.gifkaneda2.gif

#556 2 years ago

I wonder...

5776B059-2CC0-4E97-A594-ABDDCE21CFD4 (resized).png5776B059-2CC0-4E97-A594-ABDDCE21CFD4 (resized).png
    #557 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I wonder...
    [quoted image]

Go fuck yourself.

Don't worry Mods, he can't see it hardy har.

#558 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I wonder...
    [quoted image]

My screen doesn't look that much different. The funny thing is I think I only have two people on ignore in all of pinside but I see "ignored user comment" in pretty much every thread.

#559 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

If you haven't yet, watch one of his FB video "chats".

....and study his body language carefully. Very carefully. A few among the cognoscenti will "get it".

#560 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

My screen doesn't look that much different. The funny thing is I think I only have two people on ignore in all of pinside but I see "ignored user comment" in pretty much every thread.

Same*ish*

(I think it‘s 5 or so...)

#561 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Same*ish*
    (I think it‘s 5 or so...)

Amateurs, I’ve got 56 in the “collection” lol

#562 2 years ago

It’s also easy to see if someone really has you on ignore. Just try to send them a message and it will tell you you cannot if you are being ignored by that person.

#563 2 years ago

I have to admit I had no idea what doxxing was. But if the information is readily available on the internet,how is it doxxing?

#564 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

For your viewing pleasure...
    [quoted image]

I was going to post that Flynnibus won the internet for the day with this post.

But then I kept reading the thread, and came across this doozy from TheLaw, and have to give him that honor:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Go fuck yourself.
    Don't worry Mods, he can't see it hardy har.

#565 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I have to admit I had no idea what doxxing was. But if the information is readily available on the internet,how is it doxxing?

It’s the thought that counts

Failing when it’s in plain sight is just the icing on the cake.

#566 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I clicked on this thread by mistake and glad I did. For all these years i thought Flynnibus' avatar was Jack Sparrow.... but seeing it blown up in this thread i see it is from Tron (duh - Flynn). The avatar looks a little different on Pinside. Weird illusion

Well shiver me timbers! Add me to the list of people who thought Flynni’s avatar was Jack sparrow (for the last 8 years). When I zoomed in on the pic it sort of spun me out for a second. Well hey at least something positive came out of this shit show.

#567 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well shiver me timbers! Add me to the list of people who thought Flynni’s avatar was Jack sparrow (for the last 8 years). When I zoomed in on the pic it sort of spun me out for a second. Well hey at least something positive came out of this shit show.

Find me a photo of jack sparrow wearing a blue and grey hat… you so crazy

#568 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Find me a photo of jack sparrow wearing a blue and grey hat…

LTG : )

jak (resized).jpgjak (resized).jpg
    #569 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

For all these years i thought Flynnibus' avatar was Jack Sparrow

For all these years I thought Flynnbus’ avatar was Keith Richards

#570 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Find me a photo of jack sparrow wearing a blue and grey hat… you so crazy

Sometimes the brain only see’s what it wants to see..

#571 2 years ago

Sorry but I’m still getting over the fact that flynnibus avatar is from tron and not a pirate. Mind blown.

The picture morphing is also incredible.

On topic, I enjoy Kaneda mostly for the rumors, bc he’s right more than he’s wrong but this was poor form for sure. I haven’t watched the apology video but not surprised that went up.

Now back to looking at that picture morphing!

#572 2 years ago

JJP: "I wish Kaneda would stop talking about us."
    Kaneda: "I'm not going to talk about JJP ever again!"
    JJP:

LOL. This is why I listen to this show. He clearly didn't think this through.

#573 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

JJP: "I wish Kaneda would stop talking about us."
    Kaneda: "I'm not going to talk about JJP ever again!"
    JJP:
    LOL. This is why I listen to this show. He clearly didn't think this through.

He likes to think his show sells games for JJP, and is somehow punishing them by not saying anything. Hyping up pictures that "only he's seen, but won't leak and spoil the reveal....but trust me it looks so amazing".

The truth is, he didn't sell a single game for JJP. He didn't create the hype video, he didn't create the world under glass, he didn't code the light show, etc etc. But in his mind he had a hand in the success of GnR.

You're right, JJP probably laughing their butts off right now glad he's going to say nothing about them. But give it 2 weeks and he'll be right back at it.

#574 2 years ago
    Quoted from alex_m:

He likes to think his show sells games for JJP, and is somehow punishing them by not saying anything. Hyping up pictures that "only he's seen, but won't leak and spoil the reveal....but trust me it looks so amazing".
    The truth is, he didn't sell a single game for JJP. He didn't create the hype video, he didn't create the world under glass, he didn't code the light show, etc etc. But in his mind he had a hand in the success of GnR.
    You're right, JJP probably laughing their butts off right now glad he's going to say nothing about them. But give it 2 weeks and he'll be right back at it.

I'm sure it will be less than two weeks.

I just don't understand his thinking. He's now saying that he'll be satisfied if they sell him a new playfield at full price and he'll pay several thousand dollars himself to have it swapped out. That's quite a move of the goal posts. What happened to expecting quality for $12,500? I don't think you can call yourself an advocate for customers anymore if the solution you're proposing requires a few thousand more dollars from the customer.

#575 2 years ago

Has he even unboxed his GnR? Haven't listened in awhile.

#576 2 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Has he even unboxed his GnR? Haven't listened in awhile.

Nope. Threatened to keep it boxed up and no longer discuss JJP on his show until they send him a PF that isn't messed so he can send it to HEP to install and have the nicest GnR CE in existence. JJP is ignoring him now and are probably laughing all the way to the bank since they already used his platform for all the free publicity and marketing to hype GnR before the release. Since deposits are non refundable they already cashed in and people have short memories in this hobby and will line up to get Toy Story even if the PF issue is not addressed.

#577 2 years ago

KMan needs to rethink his position. Why stop thinking about your dream theme and talking about the GNR pinball experience? I listened to his GNR Democracy show again today, where he mc’s the band’s music and offers pirated tracks of GNR music. It is obvious he is a GNR obsessed fan, so don’t hate on the band by hating on JJP. Don’t stop playing the pinball on location. Don’t stop talking about the plus side of GNR.

When KMan rants against playfield issues at JJP, we don’t wanna forget. Remind us every episode, just keep it short. KMan should keep discussing JJP front and center. Ironically that extra exposure might be the straw that breaks the camels back and get JJP to dump Mirco.

#578 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I don't think you can call yourself an advocate for customers anymore if the solution you're proposing requires a few thousand more dollars from the customer.

Kaneda is an advocate for Kaneda. Period.

#579 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Nope. Threatened to keep it boxed up and no longer discuss JJP on his show until they send him a PF that isn't messed ...

Well that will certainly teach them!!

#580 2 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Well that will certainly teach them!!

I could have worded it better because I am sure JJP doesn't care if he unboxes his or not. They already got paid for the machine so why would they care what he does at this point. He is supposedly done discussing the company on his podcasts unless they find a resolution like a replacement PF that will not chip. Regardless that will not teach JJP and it's onto the next title as long as everyone is tripping themselves to get the next CE.

#581 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I could have worded it better because I am sure JJP doesn't care if he unboxes his or not.

Exactly, and that was my point.

He can continue to complain about JJP GnR playfield issues non stop, or he can just stop talking about it and JJP altogether, don't matter to JJP either way.

My eye rolling emoticon was not directed at you.

#582 2 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

I could have worded it better because I am sure JJP doesn't care if he unboxes his or not. They already got paid for the machine so why would they care what he does at this point. He is supposedly done discussing the company on his podcasts unless they find a resolution like a replacement PF that will not chip. Regardless that will not teach JJP and it's onto the next title as long as everyone is tripping themselves to get the next CE.

As long as his machine is in box and unplayed, then as far as anyone knows his playfield is perfect and JJP owes him nothing. This new ultimatum is particularly ridiculous because he's asking for a fix without actually having a problem.

#583 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:As long as his machine is in box and unplayed, then as far as anyone knows his playfield is perfect and JJP owes him nothing. This new ultimatum is particularly ridiculous because he's asking for a fix without actually having a problem.

He'll sell it without opening it. You watch.

#584 2 years ago

Man, you guys REALLY care a lot about someone you don't like. Maybe if you cry enough he'll give you a shout out on your favorite show!!!

#585 2 years ago

What a goofball. You mean he’s not even unboxed his GnR? This tells you everything you need to know about him. He doesn’t really play pinball it’s just part of his mania.

#586 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shabazz18:

Man, you guys REALLY care a lot about someone you don't like. Maybe if you cry enough he'll give you a shout out on your favorite show!!!

You seem to REALLY care a lot about people that don't enjoy his show...that call out his hypocrisy...that also like to bring up his past shady dealings with the arcade and pinball community.

#587 2 years ago
    Quoted from Shabazz18:

Man, you guys REALLY care a lot about someone you don't like.

As many "living in your head" memes as you'd like to post, this is just one of the many many threads we post in every day.

In reality, you're not super rock hard listening to him, and we're not super mad not listening to him.

#588 2 years ago

I only listen because I'm waiting to hear interviews with the industry leaders at Stern and JJP. When is that stuff going to start? It's gotta be anytime now, right? Surely the biggest names in the business want to be on the number one pinball podcast...

By the way... I only measure my self worth by the number of twippys I have.

#589 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I only listen because I'm waiting to hear interviews with the industry leaders at Stern and JJP. When is that stuff going to start? It's gotta be anytime now, right? Surely the biggest names in the business want to be on the number one pinball podcast...
    By the way... I only measure my self worth by the number of twippys I have.

Not by the listeners numbers and voting base? Poor shmuck!

I honestly wonder why they're still talking to him at all (when he recently said he'd a call with George Gomez).

Wow, I mean I'd give my testicles to meet George Gomez and Steve Ritchie!
    (And yes, I have children and I don't want more, so...)

#590 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I honestly wonder why they're still talking to him at all (when he recently said he'd a call with George Gomez).

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Stern had set protocols in place to "leak" misleading information to kaneda to stop him from ruining their reveals.

#591 2 years ago

I'm going to be brave here.....

I like him!

His show is a great break from reality. I mean seriously.... Are pinball machines that important? NO. Are they fun to talk about and listen to someone speculate/push the envelope a little bit? YES.

#592 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Not by the listeners numbers and voting base? Poor shmuck!
    Wow, I mean I'd give my testicles to meet George Gomez and Steve Ritchie!
    (And yes, I have children and I don't want more, so...)

And you’ve always wanted to sing the soprano parts?

#593 2 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

I'm going to be brave here.....
    I like him!
    His show is a great break from reality. I mean seriously.... Are pinball machines that important? NO. Are they fun to talk about and listen to someone speculate/push the envelope a little bit? YES.

Well you are right about that, he and his show are definitely a break from reality.

#594 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

And you’ve always wanted to sing the soprano parts?

The pin would do.

#595 2 years ago

Has he had a recent podcast episode or is he strictly Facebook live now? FB is inconvenient on a mobile device when I just want to listen - I don't want to stare at anyone either. I want to read while I listen, but when I leave the FB app, then the stream stops. I'm not sitting inside FB just to listen to anyone, let alone pinball nonsense.

But a podcast while I mow the property or while I work? yes, perfect.

#596 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Has he had a recent podcast episode or is he strictly Facebook live now? FB is inconvenient on a mobile device when I just want to listen - I don't want to stare at anyone either. I want to read while I listen, but when I leave the FB app, then the stream stops. I'm not sitting inside FB just to listen to anyone, let alone pinball nonsense.
    But a podcast while I mow the property or while I work? yes, perfect.

I haven't seen any of his Facebook stuff. I'm not sure if he's doing fewer podcasts or holding them back for Patreon supporters. It seems like he's been pushing the Patreon thing pretty hard lately. I think I heard somewhere that he was going to start doing the kinds of podcasts that almost got him fired last year again, but only for his Patreon supporters. I guess he figures that anyone that will give him money won't report his behavior to his employer.

#597 2 years ago

I'm not surprised that most of the respected people in the industry & pinsiders think he's a complete douche-bag narcissistic & nothing more than a cancer to the hobby & all the notorious trolls and clowns buy his wolf tickets on his Facebook posts. He's been chased off and banned from a few forums and still has his head up his own ass so far that he can't even see it. Maybe that's why he squints when he's spewing that crap

#598 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Maybe that's why he squints when he's spewing that crap

*sigh* Body language, people!

#599 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I'm not surprised that most of the respected people in the industry & pinsiders think he's a complete douche-bag narcissistic & nothing more than a cancer to the hobby & all the notorious trolls and clowns buy his wolf tickets on his Facebook posts. He's been chased off and banned from a few forums and still has his head up his own ass so far that he can't even see it. Maybe that's why he squints when he's spewing that crap

Please, tell us how you really feel

#600 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Ooooookay.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.