Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 27.
    #501 2 years ago

He's the National Enquirer of pinball

#502 2 years ago

Quoted from xbloodgreenx:He's the National Enquirer of pinball

Yes he may be, but do you know how many people say they never read that rag but ALWAYS look at it when they are in the checkout.

We may not like everything Kaneda does and some of it is down right not cool BUT he does have his redeeming qualities when it comes to voice of the people against some of the sketchy practices of the manufacturers with trying to supply a substandard product.

The other podcasters don't like the fact that he calls it for what it is, even if with a Kaneda slant, as they are all way to busy being sycophant's to whomever they can, to get the interview, or make bank.

#503 2 years ago

He is pinball herpes!

I vote mods lock this topic down already. The guy doesn't deserve the attention at all.

I liked it much better when you where shunned for even mentioning his name.

It's banned guys like him that give pinside a bad name.

#504 2 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Actually think it’s the other way around for my buddy Chris
    Tons of people living in Kaneda’s head!

I'm sure it goes both ways. I've heard him call out pinsiders by name on his show before. The last episode I listened to he got really worked up because Robert Mueller made some comment on his Facebook and kaneda had to break down for the audience why everyone should be laughing at Robert and not him. I mean talk about being insecure...

#505 2 years ago

99% of the people listening to Kaneda are well aware of manufacturing issues in the industry. It's no secret. He can voice his opinion, but I doubt that it will sway these companies one way or the other. What will sway the companies is our wallets, we the consumers have the ultimate say.

Kaneda says that his mission is to get comapanies to make the best possible products with the best worlds under glass... if his word was so heavy in the manufacturing space, you'd think that 4 years of it would have changed Stern. It hasn't. And as far as I can tell, JJP is still doing JJP. WOZ set the standard long before Kaneda got kicked off of Pinside. Same for Spooky. Spooky hasn't broadly changed because of him.

Yeah, he kicked the bear when it came to HP. But that was bound to surface one way or another, just like SkitB and others.

The constant drama and appologies wear thin... and that's what this is really about. First time something happens, an appology clears things up. The second... the third... the fourth... it gets tougher.

What I don't understand is why he just doesn't do what he enjoys and leave everyone else to do their thing? Why torture himself like this?

#506 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

What I don't understand is why he just doesn't do what he enjoys and leave everyone else to do their thing? Why torture himself like this?

I think he DOES do what he enjoys...

#507 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I think he DOES do what he enjoys...

Agree. I don't think he particularly likes pinball much at all but I am very sure he likes trying to feel important.

#508 2 years ago
    Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Agree. I don't think he particularly likes pinball much at all but I am very sure he likes trying to feel important.

The first thing I'd not necessarily agree with, and the second... well who doesn't?

I know you like a good scoop, digging up all that Deeproot stuff, for... what reason exactly?

#509 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The first thing I'd not necessarily agree with, and the second... well who doesn't?
    I know you like a good scoop, digging up all that Deeproot stuff, for... what reason exactly?

It's interesting and fun?

#510 2 years ago

Only listened to this guy once, when he was ripping the shit out of Heighway, the company I 'worked' for. He was right the whole time, called it long before anyone on Pinside had any clue. Smart fella, but a narcissistic bore who loves the sound of his own voice.

#511 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Only listened to this guy once, when he was ripping the shit out of Heighway, the company I 'worked' for. He was right the whole time, called it long before anyone on Pinside had any clue. Smart fella, but a narcissistic bore who loves the sound of his own voice.

All I see when I watch him is Chrisely Knows Best.

#512 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dan1733:

Not sure how mocking and ad hominem attacks advance this dialogue....

Are you sure you know what that means? Nothing ad hominem at all there. My comment is about directly about him and his behavior - with purpose. The discussion WAS people talking about the very photo, and I was talking directly about Chris' presentation and attitude. It literally is the topic...

of course he brings it on himself when he tries to insult other's health or living. Par for the course for him, talking before thinking or knowing something.

#513 2 years ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Precisely. I remember the first time I listened to him, I thought, "oooooh what a treat! He's talking about pinside and how people are mean to him." Unbeknownst to me, that's how most episodes are. It gets tiresome quick. I've gone back to listening to him because I like how he's such little shit and speaks what others won't. But when he starts patting his own back about twippys and crap, I fast forward a few times past it.

I come for the news and the sharp tongue, not him blowing himself.

#514 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

We may not like everything Kaneda does and some of it is down right not cool BUT he does have his redeeming qualities when it comes to voice of the people against some of the sketchy practices of the manufacturers with trying to supply a substandard product.

Why do you buy into this narrative? Because he repeats it so much?

The world is not a handful of podcasters and what they cover or not... Just because some of his favorite targets don't cover the topic, doesn't mean he is the sole champion of the topic. This is just more talking head non-sense where people repeat it enough until others start to believe it.

#515 2 years ago

Just got one of those new smart phone last week. This thing does everything. Came with a cool flashlight button app and just the other day I found another feature that turns my phone into a calculator until I just swipe it closed! Starting to see now why everyone is always looking at their phones. Today I loaded my first ipodcast to see what all the buzz is about for this canida fella. Listened to his first show and 10 minutes in I had to pull over to find out how to get it to stop playing. Show seemed very boring with little to no talk of pinball at all. I much prefer my flashlight program than these ipod talk shows.

255834D8-3D62-4190-B0AA-3DBBA829B187 (resized).jpeg255834D8-3D62-4190-B0AA-3DBBA829B187 (resized).jpeg

#516 2 years ago

If you haven't yet, watch one of his FB video "chats".

#517 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

Unbeknownst to me, that's how most episodes are. It gets tiresome quick

Don't worry, apparently you have to pay for that pleasure now!

You know... paying for his content... something he said he doesn't support or need... until... he changes his mind and does exactly what he chastised before.

#518 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

If you haven't yet, watch one of his FB video "chats".

No.

#519 2 years ago

It's interesting and fun?

I wouldn't agree that it's fun to poop on other peoples work in the public, but if it is we may have our reason why Kaneda enjoys it so much.

(And: Not to poop on you either. Everyone likes the Spotlight is what I wanted to say. - Kaneda is playing in a different league though. XD )

#520 2 years ago
    Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I wouldn't agree that it's fun to poop on other peoples work in the public, but if it is we may have our reason why Kaneda enjoys it so much.
    (And: Not to poop on you either. Everyone likes the Spotlight is what I wanted to say. - Kaneda is playing in a different league though. XD )

Look, I have no vendatta against Kaneda nor wish him (or anyone else) ill will. I've read about some things he's done that have crossed lines and find his frequent flip flopping both funny and borderline maddening. That said, I also really enjoy the majority of his interviews, like how he summarizes pinball news, and think pinball rumors can be interesting even if they don't pan out.

#521 2 years ago

My opinion is, if Kaneda would have someone to talk to he wouldn't need to cover every position in an argument.
    That is basically what he is doing all the time, having a discussion with himself over the course of his show.

- "Don't buy any game without playing it!"

- "I would buy Mando sight unseen if I were you, because the prices will explode."

- "How can you buy that cheapass lackluster Stern games that give you nothing?! Vote with your wallet and don't buy!"

None of this positions are "wrong", they're just all from a different point of view... from the very same Person... wich also is very 'absolute' when talking...

...and then says "I SAID SO!!!", and he doesn't even lie, he just said the opposite also. -_-;

#522 2 years ago

I just wish he'd do a show where he predicts the winner of the Belmont so I can rule that horse out for my bets.

#523 2 years ago
    Quoted from xbloodgreenx:

He's the National Enquirer of pinball

More like the "Weekly World News"...anyone over 35 will get that.

#524 2 years ago

Look, I have no vendatta against Kaneda nor wish him (or anyone else) ill will.

Not even Robert Mueller?

I've read about some things he's done that have crossed lines and find his frequent flip flopping both funny and borderline maddening. That said, I also really enjoy the majority of his interviews, like how he summarizes pinball news, and think pinball rumors can be interesting even if they don't pan out.

Amen to that, especially that "frequent flip flopping both funny and borderline maddening" part.

I like Kaneda as long as he's not on a rant loosing it or borderline flip flopping (even in the same sentence) wich gives me a headache. I just don't click on any playfield episodes and if he starts to loose within an episode I turn off.
    But speculation is fun, and he is very good at building something up talking. But I'd never ever hire him, because he's very quick with the backstab!

#525 2 years ago

3AM in Germany and DS_Nadine up posting about kaneda....go to sleep good sir

#526 2 years ago
    Quoted from alex_m:

3AM in Germany and DS_Nadine up posting about kaneda....go to sleep good sir

I'm heavily bored on night shift, that's why I post so much shit right now... XD

Edit: You have to induldge me for 2 more hours.

#527 2 years ago
    Quoted from Doctor6:

I've gone back to listening to him because I like how he's such little shit and speaks what others won't.

What would that be exactly?

#528 2 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #529 2 years ago
    Quoted from CubeSnake:

More like the "Weekly World News"...anyone over 35 will get that.

Lol, I was seriously going to use that analogy, but didn’t since it’s not around anymore and wasn’t sure most people would get it. Batboy!!!

#530 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Why do you buy into this narrative? Because he repeats it so much?
    The world is not a handful of podcasters and what they cover or not... Just because some of his favorite targets don't cover the topic, doesn't mean he is the sole champion of the topic. This is just more talking head non-sense where people repeat it enough until others start to believe it.

There is no narrative with the playfield issues as it's been well documented.

The thing is Kaneda is the only one that is seriously putting it out there and trying to hold the manufacturers feet to the fire and get resolution.

It's highly unlikely it will happen as most of the other podcasters especially the TPN guys who have all drank the cool aid of BUY,BUY,BUY and are a bunch of lemmings following the goat lover that can't sing

We know where his interests are $$$$$

They all have a "buddy" connected in some fashion i am sure, so very little objectivity when it comes to calling them out.

Is Kaneda an ass at times 100% but so are we all and I am sure some will call me an ass for putting this out there, so let the down votes start

#531 2 years ago

39FA103E-4701-47B4-B894-4017E75B3378 (resized).jpeg39FA103E-4701-47B4-B894-4017E75B3378 (resized).jpeg

#532 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

The thing is Kaneda is the only one that is seriously putting it out there and trying to hold the manufacturers feet to the fire and get resolution.
    It's highly unlikely it will happen as most of the other podcasters especially the TPN guys who have all drank the cool aid of BUY,BUY,BUY and are a bunch of lemmings following the goat lover that can't sing
    We know where his interests are $$$$$
    They all have a "buddy" connected in some fashion i am sure, so very little objectivity when it comes to calling them out.
    Is Kaneda an ass at times 100% but so are we all and I am sure some will call me an ass for putting this out there, so let the down votes start

Does it matter? Let’s see some proof that Kaneda has effectively changed anything in this industry.

This isn’t the first time playfield issues have happened... And he’s bitched about it before. Do you honestly think that created change? Apparently not.

#533 2 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Does it matter? Let’s see some proof that Kaneda has effectively changed anything in this industry.
    This isn’t the first time playfield issues have happened... And he’s bitched about it before. Do you honestly think that created change? Apparently not.

Hey I know it hasn't and likely won't either, as the masses keep buying NIB even knowing we are getting shit on by the manufacturers.

My point was that very few of the other podcasters are willing to say anything to hold them accountable (Cary Hardy is one exception) as they either have a connection, still want to get "the interview" or are making $$$$ off of their silence.

It's all a disservice to those who buy NIB

#534 2 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

He is pinball herpes!
    I vote mods lock this topic down already. The guy doesn't deserve the attention at all.
    I liked it much better when you where shunned for even mentioning his name.
    It's banned guys like him that give pinside a bad name.

KAREN ALERT

#535 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey I know it hasn't and likely won't either, as the masses keep buying NIB even knowing we are getting shit on by the manufacturers.
    My point was that very few of the other podcasters are willing to say anything to hold them accountable (Cary Hardy is one exception) as they either have a connection, still want to get "the interview" or are making $$$$ off of their silence.
    It's all a disservice to those who buy NIB

Buffalo Pinball has...

My point is, does it really matter what they say? Again, Buffalo, this Cary whoever, Kaneda... they aren’t driving decisions made by these companies. If they were, things would rapidly change.

And for those other pods, It’s not a disservice to people buying NIB... those people have access to plenty of information make an informed decision.

This, of course, assumes that the playfield issues are widespread. Not to downplay, because it sucks for anyone experiencing them, but the one piece of information we really need to know is what percentage is affected. Also, there’s little information on how each case is handled.

#536 2 years ago

Quoted from 27dnast:Buffalo Pinball has...

And for those other pods, It’s not a disservice to people buying NIB... those people have access to plenty of information make an informed decision.
    This, of course, assumes that the playfield issues are widespread. .

It IS a disservice when you have certain people acting as the head cheerleaders for some of these companies to make bank and or stay in good with them.

Are the issues widespread I would say no BUT at the price of a NIB game there should be very few issues if the QC is any good which apparently is not the case at most of the manufacturers.

If there is a problem it should be resolved in a timely fashion and from what we see here on Pinside (even if we are all cry babies) it looks like most cases are not easily taken care of........ Just saying

#537 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

I would argue that kaneda is a major reason why they won't do anything. He's sitting on a GnRCE that he could easily return if he really cared about the issue, but he has repeatedly said he'd never return it. Why would JJP ever think about trying to solve the problem if the person making the biggest fuss is buying their most expensive games and saying he'd never return them no matter what? It tells JJP that they can just ignore the issue and people will put up with it.

#538 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

I would argue that kaneda is a major reason why they won't do anything. He's sitting on a GnRCE that he could easily return if he really cared about the issue, but he has repeatedly said he'd never return it. Why would JJP ever think about trying to solve the problem if the person making the biggest fuss is buying their most expensive games and saying he'd never return them no matter what? It tells JJP that they can just ignore the issue and people will put up with it.

He won't return it for the same reasons most CE owners won't return the game:

1. He knows that the market value $5-9K more that what he'll get from JJP
    2. Hard to replace the game
    3. At some point JJP will either replace or allow owners to purchase a new play field

#539 2 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

3. At some point JJP will either replace or allow owners to purchase a new play field

Right... JJP knows this so why do anything about it if they can get away with just selling replacement playfields later on?

#540 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Right... JJP knows this so why do anything about it if they can get away with just selling replacement playfields later on?

JJP knows that very few if any CE owners will take the buy back option....what I'm waiting to see is if they actually offer the buy back option to LE owners. My guess is they will not, and they will wait it out until they can offer play fields as a remedy. Just shipping back a game probably costs more that the play field.

#541 2 years ago

What I can't understand is why hasn't Kaneda been hired by some manufacture as the Marketing Director. I keep hearing how brilliant of a Marketer he is and on a regular basis he tells us what companies should and shouldn't do in regards to launches. You would think a Stern or Spooky, or JJP would have hired him by now to crush sales.

Similar to how Stern hired Jared a few years ago.

#542 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

What I can't understand is why hasn't Kaneda been hired by some manufacture as the Marketing Director. I keep hearing how brilliant of a Marketer he is and on a regular basis he tells us what companies should and shouldn't do in regards to launches. You would think a Stern or Spooky, or JJP would have hired him by now to crush sales.
    Similar to how Stern hired Jared a few years ago.

I don't think anybody besides Stern could afford him. I don't know his salary and it isn't my business. But based off the industry and the clients he works with, I'm pretty sure he does well for himself.

#543 2 years ago

I don't listen to the guy very often, but when I have its pretty informative. What I like is he doesn't hold back, and isn't in the back pocket of any of the big manufacturers. Podcasters just provide opinions and information ..

#544 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

No, that is the narrative I'm talking about. That 'Kaneda is the only one...' -- this is completely non-sense. Where is Kaneda getting most of his fodder for this campaign? Oh yeah... Pinside threads. The world is not just a handful of podcasters. So complaining that SDTM or some other handful of shows don't cover it, so that makes Kaneda the sole champion of this cause is delusional thinking. But it's a narrative he keeps pumping (and this is not the first topic... its yet another predictable pattern of his) and then people like you parrot it along.

#545 2 years ago
    Quoted from zpinman370:

It IS a disservice when you have certain people acting as the head cheerleaders for some of these companies to make bank and or stay in good with them.

Dude... stop listening to so many podcasts and actually go outside and see real people. The podcast tit-for-tat world is not real world - its just an echo-chamber of a small group of people.

#546 2 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

There are many potential outcomes that would hold up legally that wouldn't result in those owners getting 'market value'. For example, JJP could offer cash compensation, or a future discount, or buy-backs.

Truth is, he doesn't want to give up the appreciation and is willing to hold out. Just like he's flipped so many other games before. He's the biggest hype monster around.... because it suits his personal interests as well.

#547 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

LOL! No shit! I always saw his avatar as a gay pirate. Had no idea what the photo was. It’s a Tron fella?

For your viewing pleasure...

PicMorph.gifPicMorph.gif

I think Kaneda actually looks a bit like Bruce Boxleitner here when you blow it up...

#548 2 years ago

I guess some people never watched Tron enough as a kid

#549 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess some people never watched Tron enough as a kid

I know right..

I'll have you know that my avatar's jpeg was captured lovingly from VHS to a jpeg video capture card back in about 1996... old school!

#550 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

For your viewing pleasure...
    [quoted image]
    I think Kaneda actually looks a bit like Bruce Boxleitner here when you blow it up...

I always thought it was Jack Sparrow for the win!!

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/11?hl=estrader and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.