Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,303 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Lopa
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Kaneda is back! 501 airing now”

• I for one am glad it's back on the air! 242 votes
      59%
    • I can't stand the dude so I won't listen 144 votes
      35%
    • I am a bit of a cry babby so would like to ruin it for all others who enjoy it! 23 votes
      6%

(409 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 8.11.00 PM (resized).png
    30895E3E-6DBA-47BC-8AC8-62364AB43A50.jpeg
    D58901C1-DD40-40D3-9EE3-3BA46C9CD0F8.jpeg
    0FC26130-112B-42C0-97A9-6B2A06409B34 (resized).jpeg
    DC1C7810-F36D-425E-9425-A154C88B456B.gif
    JA.gif
    IMG_20211228_044443 (resized).jpg
    CCNNYkURGpQuk9kiUnJZj5-1024-80 (resized).jpg
    F518830E-401B-451C-92BB-80D345B1FA19 (resized).jpeg
    D470D117-B210-45AC-A7DF-A40399C3CABC (resized).jpeg
    8277A8E0-2C87-42AB-AA48-CF00E76D0000 (resized).jpeg
    5f6tm7 (resized).jpg
    0E399C60-2A60-4DD8-A257-2E6B5DBEBDE3.jpeg
    6E007445-3C87-4F99-ACFB-40DEB8FFBA2A (resized).jpeg
    clapping-leonardo-dicaprio.gif
    k (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 27.
    #451 2 years ago
    Quoted from atrainn:

You are not alone, I don't know how I didn't see it was from Tron until now.

giphy (17).gifgiphy (17).gif

#452 2 years ago

I've commented on Chris many times on here so my apologies if I sound like a broken record.

When he was on Pinside he was beyond obnoxious, (especially to Robin) and I was glad to see him go. Then he started his podcast and I listened to most episodes. I'm a radio geek and anyone that can do a solo show and keep me entertained during my hikes gets my vote. Like some actors or musicians, I liked the talent aspect but not necessarily the person. My friends could never understand why I listened. I just thought he was entertaining and liked when he held manufacturers accountable for quality issues. I defended him for years.

A couple of months ago, I finally had to tap out. Unfollowed him on Facebook and unsubscribed from the podcast. He's become so one note and predictably boring. (We get it...GnR is the best pin ever) Even his Twipy live stream in March was embarrassing . I felt kind of bad when I started to laugh at him and not with him. He seems to be having some issues as of late ($50 to dox Flynnibus for an innocious post is a prime example) and I truly wish him well, but I'm done.

#453 2 years ago

Regardless of Kaned'a content and who likes or does not like it, the fact that he attempted to doxx someone (regardless of who the target is) and for money no less, is extremely dangerous. I'm sure Kaneda might not have had any malicious intent behind his goal, but that is something not a single one of us besides Kaneda himself can 100% know as fact, and even then, if the information were posted in his thread, we also don't know if there is anyone else out there who has ill intent toward the doxx target that could use the info for their own malicious intent. There have been numerous cases of swatting gone wrong for example, where doxxed info was used and resulted in someone being innocently shot and killed. We all love to bitch and moan and hate and criticize and whatever, and usually no real world consequence comes from that, but please do keep in mind that this kind of action is legitimately dangerous.

#454 2 years ago

I am more amazed you all are more concerned over the fears of doxxing - and not the point the guy couldn't figure out how to type 'flynnibus' into a google search bar - or look at profiles on pinball websites.

#455 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I am more amazed you all are more concerned over the fears of doxxing - and not the point the guy couldn't figure out how to type 'flynnibus' into a google search bar - or look at profiles on pinball websites.

I'm mostly amused at the amount that he offered.

Back in the day, when he would get hammered and throw money around on here, it was usually $100 or more.

#456 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

he DID have to also google what doxing was on his apology facebook stream.

#457 2 years ago

Kaneda is at his best when he's assessing anything related to marketing, which I believe is his profession, right? When he talks about what these pinball companies should do or what they did wrong in terms of advertising their product or giving public statements, nobody is better than Kaneda. He's damn good and it shows.

When it comes to analyzing pinball machines, I don't really love his opinions as much. He doesn't really come across as much of a player imo. Iron Maiden is awesome. High Speed II is super fun. Black Knight is one of my favorites of all time. Joker Poker never gets old and I play it every chance I get (twice a week). GnR is an amazing world under glass, but it's no where near my top 10. It's on the second hand market a lot, and every time I DM these guys, I get the same reasoning over and over: "Too redundant, too many multiballs, not as satisfying to play", etc. Nah, I'm not interested.

The downside is when he targets people and generalizes pinball players. That's when he gets the backlash and that's what's happening here again. He also keeps promoting himself a little too much, and that's not a likable trait. If you really are the best, you don't need to keep saying it. It made me quit listening to the show for nearly a year.

I love the show again though. I'm going to keep listening to it. There's no fluff, he gets right down to business, it's entertaining, it's thought-provoking, and he does it solo which is flat-out amazing. He's the best and his show is the best (going by awards and total listeners). Even people who hate him can't help but talk about him. That's a whole new level of popularity.

I hope he keeps it up and I hope he improves his brand over time. I hope he can accept the criticisms and work towards perfecting himself rather than attacking others. If a pinside or FB user is too loud or obnoxious, block them and move on. It's usually just a handful that make everything seem worse than it is.

====================

EDIT: I wrote all this before I read about the doxing... wow. That's utter bullshit. That's crossing the line and then some. This is worse than making a shoddy playfield.

#458 2 years ago

Kaneda's Kanantics, that should be his show title.

I enjoy it and it's amusing. But It doesn't upset me like some of you get. After him *guaranteeing* a title release name, and then changing it completely multiple times everytime a release gets near, I just enjoy it for what it is now and take it more for gossip/rumor than 'insider info' as he seems to present it. Seems to have around 70 viewers everytime he live streams so someone out there must appreciate it as well.

#459 2 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I STILL can't figure out why people have to talk about this, try to figure it out, complain, bitch, whine, argue...and then say they don't care what he has to say, etc, etc...and yet everybody's here ....gee, if I didn't care, or like someone I certainly wouldn't be giving it this much attention.

He engaged in Doxxing.

It's reprehensible to act this way, especially when he was a victim of this very thing himself (and stopped his podcast for months because of it). What the actual hell?

He should be called out for it. What's your position on what he did Ted? Do you support doxxing?

#460 2 years ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

he DID have to also google what doxing was on his apology facebook stream.

His “apology” Facebook video was just more him playing the victim.

flynnibus posts a lot, so I obviously don’t know every statement he has made but in general I never read his posts as “personal attacks,” but observations and criticism of the content Kaneda produces. The fact that Kaneda takes it personally and can’t distinguish between something personal and a commentary on his content is ridiculous.

It’s like Gary Stern making a video that “he doesn’t understand why this Kaneda guy is personally attacking him all the time for years and years because he keeps saying nasty things about him”. Ridiculous right?

I’m glad the community is holding Kaneda accountable and reminding him just let it go and don’t take it personally.

Kaneda is good for two things, entertainment, and information that manufacturers purposefully leak to him because you all eat it up more than if they released it directly.

I used to listen regularly… i still listen but very rarely.. mostly I stopped listening because the content is 90% bullshit like this and 10% info and at almost 600 episodes… that’s a lot of bullshit.

#461 2 years ago

Hey Chris - since you kept saying “I don’t get it” during your apology & I know you’re reading this, I’ll explain it so you get it.

There’s a difference between critiquing a public figure and attacking a private person. You’ve created a false equivalency between the two. YOU made the choice to be a public figure. You. No one who comments on you via the internet owes you anything. You’re a pundit. Imagine if any of the daily TV/Radio pundits went online to read what people are saying about them...do they then try to use their platform to find out who they are & and put a spotlight on them? Pundits have power, and unfortunately followers of some pundits will follow a little too hard, and do things because they thought their “trusted authority figure” wanted them too. Never forget: words are powerful & people can be nuts.

Then there’s the hypocrisy factor. People have come after you and your job multiple times. How do you not see that these personal attacks on people destroy any sympathy anyone would have for you if this ever happens again.

#462 2 years ago

I had to look up what the hell doxxing is!

For those who also didn't know.....

Doxing or doxxing is the act of publicly revealing previously private personal information about an individual or organization, usually through the Internet. Methods employed to acquire such information include searching publicly available databases and social media websites, hacking, and social engineering.

#463 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Hey Chris - since you kept saying “I don’t get it” during your apology & I know you’re reading this, I’ll explain it so you get it.
    There’s a difference between critiquing a public figure and attacking a private person. You’ve created a false equivalency between the two. YOU made the choice to be a public figure. You. No one who comments on you via the internet owes you anything. You’re a pundit. Imagine if any of the daily TV/Radio pundits went online to read what people are saying about them...do they then try to use their platform to find out who they are & and put a spotlight on them? Pundits have power, and unfortunately followers of some pundits will follow a little too hard, and do things because they thought their “trusted authority figure” wanted them too. Never forget: words are powerful & people can be nuts.
    Then there’s the hypocrisy factor. People have come after you and your job multiple times. How do you not see that these personal attacks on people destroy any sympathy anyone would have for you if this ever happens again.

Not to mention his own brother posted that he was out side of my home and whether or not he should throw shit on my door or not. A legit threat? No! But you never know with people. And this is right after his FB live when he was talking about how some crazy was threatening someone at JJP in the name of the Kaneda Army. Oh and let’s not forget the homosexual comments that were thrown from multiple people at Zach and I! I guess they were trying to use that as an insult? That shit can fly on his page but I question why he deleted comments and get banned? And to touch on that, yes deleted FB lives and comments are pathetic. It’s not just a change of mind or a change of feeling. It’s controlling a narrative. You post something and it doesn’t get the response you wanted so you delete it. It does not change how you feel. You just didn’t get the support you wanted for your ludicrous actions. That now erases your insane behavior for the next person or the next 100+ that visits your page. All they see are the things that paint you in the best light possible and that fit your narrative and supporters.

#464 2 years ago

I still can't believe this guy is a thing after what he pulled on the KLOV forums a few years ago. Weird. Also, after listening to a few of his shows, wow, really? Reality Pinball pocasts vs. other pinball podcasts (many are out there, also RIP to a few recently that are apparently not) with some depth and quality? You're better than this Pinside....I think?

#465 2 years ago

well doxxing isn't illegal and if you think what he posted is doxxing you are delirious - and the true origins of doxxing is far more dark than whatever Kaneda would do, you assume something that doesn't stand up to scrutiny and have given credit were its clear none is due - further - what he intended to do is irrelevant in the days of innocent until proven guilty - for all you know he was going to send chocolates as a thank you - maybe not lol. evil intent? - Hell no.

You lot spend way too much time worrying about what one person with a podcast says and probably not enough about what the other podcasts aren't saying. if you don't like what he or anyone else says and you think they have no value - stop listening, stop talking about it- in an audience base of >1000 people the drama in pinball podcasts (and "media" LOL) is just insane.

let the downvoting commence!

#466 2 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

well doxxing isn't illegal - and the true origins of it is far more dark than whatever Kaneda would do, you assume something that doesn't stand up to scrutiny and have given credit were its clear none is due - further - what he intended to do is irrelevant in the days of innocent until proven guilty - for all you know he was going to send chocolates as a thank you.
    You lot spend way too much time worrying about what one person with a podcast says and probably not enough about what the other podcasts aren't saying. if you don't like what he or anyone else says and you think they have no value - stop listening, stop talking about it- in an audience base of >1000 people the drama in pinball podcasts (and "media" LOL) is just insane.

It certainly is illegal in the states if the info was not obtained through already public information, if it were private info, then it becomes illegal under stalking/harassment laws. Also the thing to keep in mind is that it's not just Kaneda that is a potential threat with the info, even if he just wants to send chocolates, but others who might see the exposed info.

#467 2 years ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

It certainly is illegal in the states if the info was not obtained through already public information, if it were private info, then it becomes illegal under stalking/harassment laws. Also the thing to keep in mind is that it's not just Kaneda that is a potential threat with the info, even if he just wants to send chocolates, but others who might see the exposed info.

let me get my double decker bus and drive through your unreasonable ifs.

If someone knows who someone is and posts it absolutely not illegal. He didn't say storm the government records buildings or hack WOPR and find out who that person is. again you are putting more into this than the intent or the facts support.

#468 2 years ago

well doxxing isn't illegal - and the true origins of it is far more dark than whatever Kaneda would do, you assume something that doesn't stand up to scrutiny and have given credit were its clear none is due - further - what he intended to do is irrelevant in the days of innocent until proven guilty - for all you know he was going to send chocolates as a thank you.
    let the downvoting commence!</
    If you can’t conceive of the implications that could arise of even simple doxing or finding out someone’s true Identity, then you are completely out of touch with society. . It’s not just what Chris could or would potentially do, it’s what his actions of calling for the identity of another individual could provoke a less stable person to do that follows him. Nothing to mess around with. Love the guy all you want but to support this is very disconcerting!

#469 2 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:well doxxing isn't illegal and if you think what he posted is doxxing you are delirious - and the true origins of doxxing is far more dark than whatever Kaneda would do, you assume something that doesn't stand up to scrutiny and have given credit were its clear none is due - further - what he intended to do is irrelevant in the days of innocent until proven guilty - for all you know he was going to send chocolates as a thank you - maybe not lol. evil intent? - Hell no.

If you can’t conceive of the implications that could arise of even simple doxing or finding out someone’s true Identity, then you are completely out of touch with society. . It’s not just what Chris could or would potentially do, it’s what his actions of calling for the identity of another individual could provoke a less stable person to do that follows him. Nothing to mess around with. Love the guy all you want but to support this is very disconcerting!

#470 2 years ago
    Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

If you read some of the comments on his posts, you know some of those people seem less than stable. Whether it's illegal or not, it's irresponsible.

#471 2 years ago

I'm not supporting Chris; I'm supporting the reality of the facts and questioning the negative intent that is demonstrated here. If it was you or anyone else I'd be saying the +same+ thing. was the post mis-guided - for sure but more than that - sorry its a super stretch.

#472 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

If you read some of the comments on his posts, you know some of those people seem less than stable. Whether it's illegal or not, it's irresponsible.

so now you are making psychological viewpoints based on Facebook posts?have you read any of pinside?

#473 2 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I'm not supporting Chris; I'm supporting the reality of the facts and questioning the negative intent that is demonstrated here. If it was you or anyone else I'd be saying the +same+ thing. was the post mis-guided - for sure but more than that - sorry its a super stretch.

After a lot of crazy things i've seen followers of other personalities do in the past few years I would have formerly considered a stretch, its no longer a stretch...

#474 2 years ago
    Quoted from Venetic:

After a lot of crazy things i've seen followers of other personalities do in the past few years I would have formerly considered a stretch, its no longer a stretch...

So now we go gunning for anyone who posts something stupid? I’m in big trouble! LOL.

I think I understand where you are coming from but I think the situations are hugely different. We as a society can’t be ruled by ifs.

Neil.

#475 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I clicked on this thread by mistake and glad I did. For all these years i thought Flynnibus' avatar was Jack Sparrow.... but seeing it blown up in this thread i see it is from Tron (duh - Flynn). The avatar looks a little different on Pinside. Weird illusion

Lol. Me too.

#476 2 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

If one would tend to refer to it as “miss guided” then one would tend error on the side that it was inappropriate and that there was ill intentions. Not the direct apposite with the comment of miss guided. Your comments on his Facebook and Facebook lives would most certainly direct us to believe that you are more in favor of him then against or opposed to any action that he presents.

#477 2 years ago

Can we at least agree that it's an insane idea that someone's opinion is valid or invalid depending on whether they do sit-ups? A stable, mentally healthy person does not explode and put a bounty on someone's identify with the stated goal of exposing whether the person is in shape or not. Kaneda seems to have this idea that everyone in the pinball hobby is some kind of flabby loser and he's their superior because he works out. It's very strange.

#478 2 years ago

Is it a New York thing? I’ve been to multiple NFL games where the Bengals played the Giants in NY, and every time, trash talking fans make fun of us for obviously not working out as much as them.

#479 2 years ago

Add me to the list of people who always thought Flynnibus avatar was Jack Sparrow...until now.

Crazy.

#480 2 years ago

I agree that it's not "real" doxing, but it's close enough. When you have a following and you try to send them after a guy, even if it's just to "find out his name", that really opens the door for bad things to happen.

This is ignoring the fact that, like rarehero said, he's a public figure by his own choosing and there's always going to be people out there with negative things to say. Especially when your whole shtick is to say things maybe everyone doesn't want to hear.

Who cares what some guy on the internet says about you? I'm not even a public figure and I can't imagine devoting this much time or emotion to somebody who said something about me online.

When it crosses into the personal zone though, that's when it's not ok. It wasn't OK when people did it to Kaneda and its not ok if Kaneda does it. I don't care if it's just a name, or calling somebodies place of employment. Its not cool.

#483 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

I clicked on this thread by mistake and glad I did. For all these years i thought Flynnibus' avatar was Jack Sparrow.... but seeing it blown up in this thread i see it is from Tron (duh - Flynn). The avatar looks a little different on Pinside. Weird illusion

Add me to the list but for some reason I liked it better when I thought it was Jack Sparrow. Like the beard dick in LOTR LE once you see it there is no going back.

#484 2 years ago

Kannada???

eh-moose (resized).jpgeh-moose (resized).jpg

#485 2 years ago

If one would tend to refer to it as “miss guided” then one would tend error on the side that it was inappropriate and that there was ill intentions. Not the direct apposite with the comment of miss guided. Your comments on his Facebook and Facebook lives would most certainly direct us to believe that you are more in favor of him then against or opposed to any action that he presents.

and by the same token Greg (and others in this thread) I would say you comments about him anywhere would most certainly direct us to believe that you are most not in favour of him - so what gives ?

I've spent a lifetime ensuring the Internet allows folks to say what they want; its a hill I would die on, and if it was my worst enemy saying what was said I'd be defending their right to say it. That doesn't get away from the consequences though.

Something stupid was said - its blatantly obvious that there was no ill intent, I've said stupid things - we all have - thats all this was - the consequences will be that there will be some folks who don't listen to Chris any more, there might be some more folks that do listen to Chris. Nobody needs to be posting a whole load of made up possibilities that in my view have zero basis in fact and stretch reality beyond fiction just because they don't like Chris. If he posts more stupid shit, people will walk.

If you don't like Chris or his content, simply don't listen to it or read it.

Neil.

#486 2 years ago

LOL! No shit! I always saw his avatar as a gay pirate. Had no idea what the photo was. It’s a Tron fella?

#487 2 years ago

Honest question - why are so many so bent out of shape about everything these days?

#488 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

He doesn't care about your info...he is just trying his hardest to direct attention back to himself. Special K is a textbook narcissist. The guy has a personality disorder, which people find entertaining. I have no idea why. I tried listening to a couple of his shows and it is exhausting. I don't really understand the infatuation some pinsiders have with him. Kannada, get yourself some therapy dude. Classic traits of a narcissist:

Superiority and entitlement
    Exaggerated need for attention and validation
    Perceiving everything as a threat
    Lack of responsibility—blaming and deflecting
    Lack of boundaries
    Lack of empathy
    Emotional reasoning
    Perfectionism
    Great need for control

#489 2 years ago

Am I the only one that is astonished, that Kaneda has spent at least a few hours on this “Who is Flynnibus?” question…Facebook threads, two 20-30 minute live Facebook videos and whatever amount of stewing on his own time, when a simple google search using “Feeling lucky?” Gets you the answer.

Then think to yourself.. this is a guy that so many people turn to for “insights” into pinball but can’t use even the most simplest use case for a search engine?

#490 2 years ago
    Quoted from knockerlover:

Am I the only one that is astonished, that Kaneda has spent at least a few hours on this “Who is Flynnibus?” question…Facebook threads, two 20-30 minute live Facebook videos and whatever amount of stewing on his own time, when a simple google search using “Feeling lucky?” Gets you the answer.
    Then think to yourself.. this is a guy that so many people turn to for “insights” into pinball but can’t use even the most simplest use case for a search engine?

It is not about the effort. He wants to drum up drama. That is it. He isn't stupid, just a narcissist.

#491 2 years ago
    Quoted from adborto:

Honest question - why are so many so bent out of shape about everything these days?

Honest question - why are so many unaware of the concept of “actions have consequences” and “accountability for one’s actions” these days?

I think the fact that many of us are offering advice, with the intent to help someone who has done something wrong, shows that we’re not “bent out of shape”, but trying to turn this into a teachable moment.

#492 2 years ago

That and he owes me $50!!

#493 2 years ago

To answer your question - I agree with you. It is sad that many do not have accountability. I would like to point out that all of this is based on opinion. Not every action deserves a "teachable moment". Or for that matter, who is to say that the person offering the "teachable moment" is correct? Perhaps they are wrong. I might suggest having an open conversation with someone to come to a resolution. Name calling and teaching moments by both parties accomplishes nothing. It would be nice if people could just accept their differences and move on.

#494 2 years ago

That’s hilarious

#495 2 years ago
    Quoted from RandomTask:

Doxxing is disgusting and reprehensible. This whole thing is shameful and people should be publicly outraged and point out that this has no place in the community.
    Pathetic.

I personally only support the fact that K man is helping spread the message of poor quality in pins. He is doing that on FB which will reach a lot more people than Pinside as an example. I don’t really see other pin podcasters saying much on quality. Sure a mention here and there in passing but no where near enough to actually apply any real pressure on pin companies. Which is needed IMO.

I could personally care less about his so called insights. I bet many others feel the same way I do.

#496 2 years ago

I was one of the first on fb to call chris out on it. I like his show(not all the time granted) but he should be the last person trying to out someone on the internet if what he claims to have happened to him is true(with someone calling his work). Even if he didnt have ill intent, there are some crazy folks on the internet that might use that info and do bad things with it. I mean just look what happened in January when someone with fans said some dumb things stirring people up. Im not saying its the same thing at all, Im just saying that bad things could happen from that. Freedom of speech also means dealing with the consequences of what you say. Chris said something pretty dumb and I think he realizes that. I think the first thing public figures need to learn is to have thick skin. Im a sales guy. Ive been told no a million times and not everyone likes me and thats OK.(tho most of my clients love me of course.....right?)

I thought the most surprising thing about that post is how long it took him to acknowledge he fucked up.

#497 2 years ago

Kaneda living rent free in so many Pinside minds....

#498 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is it a New York thing? I’ve been to multiple NFL games where the Bengals played the Giants in NY, and every time, trash talking fans make fun of us for obviously not working out as much as them.

Not familiar?

77652c5b86b907975cd156e70ffca787 (resized).png77652c5b86b907975cd156e70ffca787 (resized).png

Kaneda isn't a beef head... but he's aggressive metro...

#499 2 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Not familiar?
    [quoted image]
    Kaneda isn't a beef head... but he's aggressive metro...

Not sure how mocking and ad hominem attacks advance this dialogue....

#500 2 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Kaneda living rent free in so many Pinside minds....

Actually think it’s the other way around for my buddy Chris

Tons of people living in Kaneda’s head!

There are 1,303 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 27.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-is-back-501-airing-now/page/10?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.