Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73E92DDF-FE67-4CEB-A19C-FF5E64CFF69C (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B4250896-6E48-4D20-8428-E308C1024064 (resized).png
    ba6de3d1159c157b274c83680418e228 (resized).jpg
    Chown (resized).png
    047F4625-B11C-4407-A2C6-3E0788C3AF22 (resized).jpeg
    37F1A4E3-CF60-4822-AA90-CC80DE760496 (resized).jpeg
    AA93DBD1-38A3-4AA3-96E5-5E2C87A5244F (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 1 year ago

Hello Pinheads,
    In August, one of my co-hosts and I got bit hard by the pinball bug. We started traveling to find pinball machines we wanted to play. We found ourselves talking more and more about pinball each week. As we delved into the pinball world, I started looking up podcasts about Pinball. (Our show is about pop culture and nerd stuff.) Listening to another show, I stumbled on Kaneda. I reached out and invited him on our show. Love him or hate him, he has great knowledge and information on the pinball industry. We had a ball talking to him and his interview ended up around 45 minutes. Great content. If you missed it, you can listen absolutely for free here: https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/N1gxuApjkvb
    Big thanks to Kaneda for being so open and fluid with the content. I edited nothing he said. This is all off the cuff and as an outsider to the pinball world, I really enjoyed the conversation.
    It will become clear during the interview, I know next to nothing about the industry. Since this interview I have gleaned quite a bit of information and understand so much more. We will do another pinball episode in the new year and see who else we can wrangle into a good interview. Always up for suggestions. In the meantime, enjoy our free podcast that is a labor of love. If you hate it, move on. If you love it, you are a Lizard and we are happy you enjoyed some time with us.
    -Duke

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

Hello Pinheads,
    In August, one of my co-hosts and I got bit hard by the pinball bug. We started traveling to find pinball machines we wanted to play. We found ourselves talking more and more about pinball each week. As we delved into the pinball world, I started looking up podcasts about Pinball. (Our show is about pop culture and nerd stuff.) Listening to another show, I stumbled on Kaneda. I reached out and invited him on our show. Love him or hate him, he has great knowledge and information on the pinball industry. We had a ball talking to him and his interview ended up around 45 minutes. Great content. If you missed it, you can listen absolutely for free here: https://spotifyanchor-web.app.link/e/N1gxuApjkvb
    Big thanks to Kaneda for being so open and fluid with the content. I edited nothing he said. This is all off the cuff and as an outsider to the pinball world, I really enjoyed the conversation.
    It will become clear during the interview, I know next to nothing about the industry. Since this interview I have gleaned quite a bit of information and understand so much more. We will do another pinball episode in the new year and see who else we can wrangle into a good interview. Always up for suggestions. In the meantime, enjoy our free podcast that is a labor of love. If you hate it, move on. If you love it, you are a Lizard and we are happy you enjoyed some time with us.
    -Duke

Special K as an ambassador about pinball culture is like Stern being a lifestyle brand; doesn’t jive.

On another note congrats on your pinball ventures and I will listen only to support any outside interest in this hobby.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks man. After you listen, let me know where we are off the rails with pinball. There are some details I got wrong that I corrected the following episode, but we sure had a ton of fun talking pinball.
    Now I need to buy one. Can I tell you something without you judging me? I dream about pinball now.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

Love him or hate him

The latter.

Quoted from 5DLounge:

he has great knowledge and information on the pinball industry

As long as what he spewed to you, you believe as fact, then yes. Welcome to Pinside. Even without your introduction it's clear you're new here. I'll be skipping that particular podcast the same way I don't like watching videos of school bus crashes. When you get someone worthwhile from here to interview, you may get a few more clicks, including mine.

#5 1 year ago

Not a popular fella round these parts.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Not a popular fella round these parts.

Many on this page are listeners, they just don't post about it.

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

Love him or hate him, he has great knowledge and information on the pinball industry.

This made me lol.

Special K is a big time douche. If you ever interview him again, please solicit the pinside community for question topics.

#9 1 year ago

Cool. Always fun to hear podcasters when they come onto someone else’s show.

I'm curious to hear this. Thanks for posting.

#10 1 year ago

New to this forum, but let's keep it on point. It doesn't matter if you like Kaneda or not. His interview is top notch. If you hate the guy so much, that's your perspective and I get it. Don't listen. You will hate it. And you know what, you are allowed to.
    I will say this. I reached out to Kaneda and he and I had never met. He has presented himself to me as nothing but professional and knowledgeable. It's clear by the comments above that a lot of people despise him. I wasn't here in the past, I don't know all of it, but I know enough to understand your anger. I only know him as someone else.
    Regardless, my inbox is full of people that support him and like him. And they are afraid to post here because the hate is so aggressive.

So, what I would ask from you pinheads is you let us have a fun conversation about what he did well on the show or what you liked about the show. For those of you who hate him, it is no surprise. I am okay with it, but please let's not derail my thread. You made your point and I get it.

Having said that, my inbox is also full with people who want to sell me a machine. As much as I would love to buy one, I would have to sell a kidney, one of my kids (the bad one) and my podcast to be able to afford one right now. It's just not in the cards. Some day, just not now.

Thanks for the understanding gang. You can hate Kaneda. I don't hate anyone accept Celine Dion. Kaneda is a stand up guy for me. Celine on the other hand......

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Special K as an ambassador about pinball culture is like Stern being a lifestyle brand; doesn’t jive.

Ok let's keep this on track. Has anyone heard "Jibe " before the last couple days; seriously?

#12 1 year ago

It’s jibe. Been using it for years. I always thought “jive” was a moronic mistake but apparently the two have been interchangeable for a long time.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

New to this forum, but let's keep it on point. It doesn't matter if you like Kaneda or not. His interview is top notch. If you hate the guy so much, that's your perspective and I get it. Don't listen. You will hate it. And you know what, you are allowed to.
    I will say this. I reached out to Kaneda and he and I had never met. He has presented himself to me as nothing but professional and knowledgeable. It's clear by the comments above that a lot of people despise him. I wasn't here in the past, I don't know all of it, but I know enough to understand your anger. I only know him as someone else.
    Regardless, my inbox is full of people that support him and like him. And they are afraid to post here because the hate is so aggressive.
    So, what I would ask from you pinheads is you let us have a fun conversation about what he did well on the show or what you liked about the show. For those of you who hate him, it is no surprise. I am okay with it, but please let's not derail my thread. You made your point and I get it.
    Having said that, my inbox is also full with people who want to sell me a machine. As much as I would love to buy one, I would have to sell a kidney, one of my kids (the bad one) and my podcast to be able to afford one right now. It's just not in the cards. Some day, just not now.
    Thanks for the understanding gang. You can hate Kaneda. I don't hate anyone accept Celine Dion. Kaneda is a stand up guy for me. Celine on the other hand......

What did celine do to you?

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s jibe. Been using it for years. I always thought “jive” was a moronic mistake but apparently the two have been interchangeable for a long time.

Sure but you're ground zero of the jibe. We need a larger sample size.

#15 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure but you're ground zero of the jibe. We need a larger sample size.

Your average pinsider has no idea how to use “your” vs “you’re” properly and you are gonna ask them to settle Jibe vs. jive?

Look I hate to pull rank here but I’m a goddamn English major!!!

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

New to this forum, but let's keep it on point.

Quoted from 5DLounge:

I don't hate anyone accept Celine Dion.

Hate has no room here.

LTG : )

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your average pinsider has no idea how to use “your” vs “you’re” properly and you are gonna ask them to settle Jibe vs. jive?

If you were, you would of put a comma after look

#18 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Then/than, your/you're, accept/except (see OPs comment) and my favorite of all time...border/boarder.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your average pinsider....

This is the interesting part...seems the Jive/Jibe interchangeability came in the 40s? So basically 50/50 split of Pinsiders born befoer & after

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

Kaneda is a stand up guy for me..

He's not a stand-up guy though. All he did was speak on your podcast. The guy is a class A narcissist. Of course he is going to oblige. You would think someone would do a bit more research into pinball industry professionals instead of googling "PiNbaLL p0dCaSt"

#21 1 year ago

I listened to the interview and I thought it was well done. I know K is a pretty divisive individual I think he gives a pretty good interview.

As for Celine....well...she did get her husband out of Vegas debt so she is a dedicated spouse....

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

Ask him why he’s banned for life from this forum.
    Then ask him why he’s also banned from other forums.
    People don’t get banned from multiple online forums for no reason.

#23 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

AA93DBD1-38A3-4AA3-96E5-5E2C87A5244F (resized).jpegAA93DBD1-38A3-4AA3-96E5-5E2C87A5244F (resized).jpeg
    #24 1 year ago
    Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Ask him why he’s banned for life from this forum.
    Then ask him why he’s also banned from other forums.
    People don’t get banned from multiple online forums for no reason.

These are great questions to ask Special K if you ever follow up with another interview. Also ask him:

What is his favorite drink to throw in someone's face?
    Does he miss ripping off arcade collectors?
    Is he finally over getting banned from this site or does he still have an urge to send threatening messages to the admin?
    Is there a hobby forum he hasn't been banned from?
    Does he still prefer TMNT sheets or has he switched to something more manly like GI Joe?

#25 1 year ago
    Quoted from gearheaddropping:

As for Celine....well...she did get her husband out of Vegas debt so she is a dedicated spouse....

But ask yourself, why was Ren'ee in so much debt???? I kid. I don't care.

Quoted from Palmer:

He's not a stand-up guy though. All he did was speak on your podcast. The guy is a class A narcissist. Of course he is going to oblige. You would think someone would do a bit more research into pinball industry professionals instead of googling "PiNbaLL p0dCaSt"

Now see, You assume because you hate him for past deeds that everything he does now is horrible. I have talked to him multiple times, I have texted with multiple times. He is responsive, professional and knowledgeable. Again, I get you hate him for past actions, that is not the guy I know. So go ahead, be mad and hate him. It's not like I am defending my blood line. I am talking about a podcast where we tell poop and fart jokes, talk pop culture, Star Wars rides, movies, music, cannabis and so much more. If you are so stuck on Kaneda because of the past that you can't let a thread go by with his name in it without commenting what a jerk he is, I think it says more about you than it does him.
    And I did more than just Google "pinball podcasts". But you would know that if you listened.

Don't like him. I don't care. There are a ton of people that do like him. And let me tell you, your public rants only increase his power. How do you not get that?

Anyway, glad to be here. Love pinball. Love Kaneda. Love the dude with the Godzilla pin I wish I could buy, but not as much as the guy with the GNR pin I wish I could buy. Kind of wish someone from a pinball company would reach out and be like "Man, the 5DL is incredible. We want to make a pinball machine out of it." I am waiting patiently.
    Enjoy the free show gang. Or, don't listen to it. Or hate it and let me know. It's all good gang.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

If you were, you would of put a comma after look

#27 1 year ago

This reminds me of when Howard stern went on magic Johnson’s show.

Yeah the stern army tuned for that episode in but never came back because the show was terrible and there were too many talk shows anyway. It was canceled within a couple weeks.

I’m sure the 5DLlounge will fare better!

#28 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This reminds me of when Howard stern went on magic Johnson’s show.
    Yeah the stern army tuned for that episode in but never came back because the show was terrible and there were too many talk shows anyway. It was canceled within a couple weeks.

The Magic Hour! Only watched one episode...lol.

#29 1 year ago

I’ve gone 22 years in the hobby without hearing a second of this K person speak, so I won’t start now. I never would have heard of him if not for the general chatter about him here on Pinside. I love pinball but something about listening to podcasts about pinball seems boring as all get out. To each their own though!

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

But ask yourself, why was Ren'ee in so much debt???? I kid. I don't care.

Now see, You assume because you hate him for past deeds that everything he does now is horrible. I have talked to him multiple times, I have texted with multiple times. He is responsive, professional and knowledgeable. Again, I get you hate him for past actions, that is not the guy I know. So go ahead, be mad and hate him. It's not like I am defending my blood line. I am talking about a podcast where we tell poop and fart jokes, talk pop culture, Star Wars rides, movies, music, cannabis and so much more. If you are so stuck on Kaneda because of the past that you can't let a thread go by with his name in it without commenting what a jerk he is, I think it says more about you than it does him.
    And I did more than just Google "pinball podcasts". But you would know that if you listened.
    Don't like him. I don't care. There are a ton of people that do like him. And let me tell you, your public rants only increase his power. How do you not get that?
    Anyway, glad to be here. Love pinball. Love Kaneda. Love the dude with the Godzilla pin I wish I could buy, but not as much as the guy with the GNR pin I wish I could buy. Kind of wish someone from a pinball company would reach out and be like "Man, the 5DL is incredible. We want to make a pinball machine out of it." I am waiting patiently.
    Enjoy the free show gang. Or, don't listen to it. Or hate it and let me know. It's all good gang.

Warning to a new guy on pinside, the piranhas will eat you alive, be careful on what you post about with limited knowledge

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Assume nothing! This show is put together with chewing gum and cannabis. It is rickety as hell.

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Warning to a new guy on pinside, the piranhas will eat you alive, be careful on what you post about with limited knowledge

It's all good. I appreciate the heads up. Look, this is pinheads territory. I am not trying to start a fight. This is your hobby and I am just putting my toes in. I know he did some horrible things, because he told me. He was very upfront and honest about his misdeeds. I understand why so many people would hate him. I came into this hobby after the war was over, but the dust has not settled. I am not looking for anyone to embrace him or the show, that do not want to. But, if you like him and you like dumb podcasts about idiots and a chick that is super raunchy, you might like our show.

Having said that, I wrote a review today, started 2 threads, updated some scores of mine and dreamed a bit about owning GNR from JJP. I like this pinball world. It is fun.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

Assume nothing! This show is put together with chewing gum and cannabis. It is rickety as hell.

Plenty of podcasts held together by less. I listened to it and enjoyed it. Many here have a hate for Kaneda, which I have never totally understood, but I get a lot of downvotes and moderations, for what I consider obvious realities. The crowd here is used to the club rules, and anything upsetting their apple cart, is sure to bring out the pitchforks.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

It's all good. I appreciate the heads up. Look, this is pinheads territory. I am not trying to start a fight. This is your hobby and I am just putting my toes in. I know he did some horrible things, because he told me. He was very upfront and honest about his misdeeds. I understand why so many people would hate him. I came into this hobby after the war was over, but the dust has not settled. I am not looking for anyone to embrace him or the show, that do not want to. But, if you like him and you like dumb podcasts about idiots and a chick that is super raunchy, you might like our show.
    Having said that, I wrote a review today, started 2 threads, updated some scores of mine and dreamed a bit about owning GNR from JJP. I like this pinball world. It is fun.

Or,,,,,,, you're smart and driving people to your podcast

#35 1 year ago

See, Jason Knapp, has down voted us both. I guess he either hates anybody who hates Celine Dion, or he hates me, because neither of us has said anything egregious. My point proven.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Or,,,,,,, you're smart and driving people to your podcast

It's a free show with it's own audience that gets us. For a moment, I felt like a pinhead and felt like sharing that episode.
    You want to see people go really nuts, you should read the forums on Dungeons & Dragons after we did a D&D episode. And before you disbelieve, you need to roll for it. You need a Crit.
    Or you want to talk about the best concert we have ever been to? Favorite John Hughes movie? Or how about a whole episode on the Apple TV show Severance? Our shows are all over the place. A different subject every week. We put on a show every week for a whole year without missing a single week.

When every show is around 2 hours and it takes me about 15 hours to edit it, I can safely say it is a labor of love. We have spent about the last 8 episodes talking about Vintage Flipper World, Pinball Pete's, Pyramid Scheme and so much more.

You don't have to be a pinhead to love our show, but we are turning people that listen to our show into pinheads.

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

See, Jason Knapp, has down voted us both. I guess he either hates anybody who hates Celine Dion, or he hates me, because neither of us has said anything egregious. My point proven.

Celine Dion is egregious. I want to down vote her.

#38 1 year ago
    37F1A4E3-CF60-4822-AA90-CC80DE760496 (resized).jpeg37F1A4E3-CF60-4822-AA90-CC80DE760496 (resized).jpeg
    #39 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

047F4625-B11C-4407-A2C6-3E0788C3AF22 (resized).jpeg047F4625-B11C-4407-A2C6-3E0788C3AF22 (resized).jpeg
    #40 1 year ago

LOL, Fair.
    For the record, I don't think he is misunderstood. People hate him and people love him. Just like everyone else in the world. I enjoy him. There is always a different perspective.

This is one of our meme's from the show. It means absolutely nothing with the exception of us making fun of our co-host Tim for saying Chown instead of Chewed. So now, when someone drops a meme, it is an instant re-buddle that confuses everyone. Enjoy.

Chown (resized).pngChown (resized).png
    #41 1 year ago

Like "Trow" for "Trough."

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

Hello Pinheads,
    -Duke

I’ can’t support anything connected to that guy.
    Just bullshit and drama.
    You should do a better job researching when picking people in to interview imho.
    The fact that you chose that dude to kick off your podcast speaks volumes.
    I’ll pass on your show.

#43 1 year ago

I haven't read this forum in over 4 years... and my first week back I get to hear that this "K" guy is still around, and people are still talking about him?

Hasn't he found another hobby to grift on yet?

#44 1 year ago

Hey its Tamoore!!!

#45 1 year ago
    Quoted from 5DLounge:

This is one of our meme's from the show. It means absolutely nothing with the exception of us making fun of our co-host Tim for saying Chown instead of Chewed. So now, when someone drops a meme, it is an instant re-buddle that confuses everyone. Enjoy. [quoted image]

ba6de3d1159c157b274c83680418e228 (resized).jpgba6de3d1159c157b274c83680418e228 (resized).jpg
    #46 1 year ago
    Quoted from kklank:

I’ can’t support anything connected to that guy.
    Just bullshit and drama.
    You should do a better job researching when picking people in to interview imho.
    The fact that you chose that dude to kick off your podcast speaks volumes.
    I’ll pass on your show.

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment without reading anything above. That is the kind of critical thinking that gets an upvote from me.

#47 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey its Tamoore!!!

Hey! Good to see you! Hope you're well.

#48 1 year ago

I don't care about this Canada guy but I will absolutely comment on Celine Dion. When I was a young lad, I went to Vegas with my family and got dragged to the Celine Dion show. I didn't like her music but all I can remember is that the show felt really really short. To this day I wonder if the show was actually that short or if I subconsciously loved it and so it just felt really short. These are the questions I must live with.

#49 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hey its Tamoore!!!

Welcome back!

#50 1 year ago

Up next, the 5DLounge John Trudeau interview where he proves he will defend any scumbag for web traffic…

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-interviewed-on-5th-dimension-lounge?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.