Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 102 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

73E92DDF-FE67-4CEB-A19C-FF5E64CFF69C (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    B4250896-6E48-4D20-8428-E308C1024064 (resized).png
    ba6de3d1159c157b274c83680418e228 (resized).jpg
    Chown (resized).png
    047F4625-B11C-4407-A2C6-3E0788C3AF22 (resized).jpeg
    37F1A4E3-CF60-4822-AA90-CC80DE760496 (resized).jpeg
    AA93DBD1-38A3-4AA3-96E5-5E2C87A5244F (resized).jpeg

This topic is closed.

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 1 year ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

It's not like someone just mentioned his name and everyone piled on.

Sorta seems like someone mentioned his name and everyone piled on.

#102 1 year ago

I have to agree with ForceFlow and some others here.

I think nobody is doubting your good intentions and/or enthusiasm as a podcast creator. It takes time, effort and guts to put yourself out there and to make a podcast. Nobody should give you a hard time about that. And frankly, I think nobody was.

You're coming on to Pinside to basically promote an individual that was banned here after he has caused many of us A LOT of annoyance and who created so MUCH division in the community. He was likely one of the biggest trolls Pinside (as well as other forums) has ever seen.

I for one can attest to the tremendous amount of work and grief that Kaneda brought Pinside and our volunteer staff in the months leading up to his final ban here, as well as the years after, where he kept harassing staff as well as yours truly. And that went pretty far (some may remember those short ranting episodes, luckily these have all been removed from the internet). And I'm not even talking about the grief he has caused many manufacturers and pinball individuals with his constant rants and damaging speculations.

So your proclaiming of Kaneda as a nice, professional and knowledgable "ambassador" for the pinball hobby is what set many of the posters in this thread off.

In your opening post you even admitted to this, to knowing that Kaneda can be divisive ("love him or hate him"). So you must have had some idea of what you were up for, when you presented this content to Pinside. And while you can now victimise yourself and blame a handful of Pinsiders who are being mean, I don't think it's fair to trash our community either. That seems mighty hypocritical. Sure, it sucks having your hard work decimated by some harsh internet comments. But a bit of self reflection wouldn't hurt either.

I'm going to shut this thread down. I have no need to be reminded of this headache in Pinside's history. I hope you will stick around though, that you will create more pinball oriented podcasts with interesting guests (I have plenty of suggestions) and that you will see past those few nasty comments, see Pinside for what it truly is and has been for the past 20 years: a pretty cool online community of Pinball fans.

There are 102 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaneda-interviewed-on-5th-dimension-lounge/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.