Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

d10612d4a432803575ae61819a293f85da109617 (resized).jpg
    Great-Scott-Travel-Behind-the-Scenes-With-21-Photos-of-the-Back-to-the-Future-Movie-Franchise-5-819x1024.jpg
    hotwheels (resized).png
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 4 years ago

This is quickly disintegrating into another Frax attack thread just like the moving to Texas one.

#52 4 years ago

As for a BTTF game, if they make it and pack it full like JJP with decent code, I may be interested at the price points these start at. As it stands, I have yet to be blown away at what they offer at the prices they are.

#53 4 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

This is quickly disintegrating into another Frax attack thread just like the moving to Texas one.

You're right. Why should anyone be able to have an opinion that's not in line with yours? THE AUDACITY.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I'm curious if the Beatles release taught him a few things. I think they found their ceiling, and should probably back off a bit. Did they ever make all 1964 Beatles machines? Seems unlikely.

Hell no and the price might go up next time. When asked about the pricing on the Beatles he said people need to get better jobs if they cannot afford one. Kept referring to Keith as "kid"' and said how he would have done things differently on TNA. Last time I checked many of his games were just average at best. I know he has done a lot for the hobby and guess when you have all that money you can be as arrogant as you want.

#55 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I'm curious if the Beatles release taught him a few things. I think they found their ceiling, and should probably back off a bit. Did they ever make all 1964 Beatles machines? Seems unlikely.

Nope, and unless they drop the prices, they never will get to 1964 units. They made just over half, but they blew their load on Diamonds and Platinums on that original shipment to force out the 10 packs on distributors. So all they have left are the Golds to sell in a soft market where distributors stuck with stock are quietly substantially discounting NIB Golds just to move them.

Hopefully this bad trip killed any ideas of trying to do the action figure case pack rarity model again.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Oh and you forgot "If you can't afford it then maybe you need to get a better job". At least he's honest about it.

I guess what he’s failing to see is that some potential customers can afford them... but don’t see the value when it contains a poor quality, deserted playfield.

While others with no self-control continue to buy them just because it has their favourite TV show/movie logo on it (and little else), he doesn’t have to care that he’s wrong.

#57 4 years ago

When those Beatles Golds drop to ~5500-6000 NIB, I'll be in. But the Stern price on those, is heinous really.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

When those Beatles Golds drop to ~5500-6000 NIB, I'll be in. But the Stern price on those, is heinous really.

Call around to your favorite wheeler-dealer distros stuck with case leftovers from the 10 pack. 6k on a NIB Gold's been done. You might be surprised.

#59 4 years ago
    Quoted from koops:

At this point I almost don’t want stern to do it as I know it would only disappoint me as it’s my #1 all time dream theme.

Wow, you need to get out more.. . I kid I kid, but I just don’t see the attachment for that trifecta of movies. As with all pins, if it plays great, so be it!

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I know! I call every week to order a Black Knight 2000 t-shirt but nobody ever answers.

I'm still waiting for my Police Force hat.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

And I'm sure if everyone had as much money to carelessly throw around as you do, they'd probably share your opinion. I don't think you give a single 'f' if a game you bought loses half it's value overnight. You're just going to buy more games anyways, right? You're like the whale in a mobile gatcha game telling the F2P guys "I don't get why it's so hard. You just use *THIS UNIT* with *THIS GEAR* and it's all good!".....while completely ignoring the fact the only reason they have those units with those setups is that they spent literally as much as we spend on pinball machines.

Sorry Frax, I don’t give a flying F when I lose money buying a game. I plan on it

It’s not what it’s about for me

I have the money and space.

I lost my ass today on paper in the market

Not trying to be mean, if you can’t afford to lose money then buy a game on the secondary market. Problem solved

#62 4 years ago

Do I care whether or not Kaminkow is a raging liberal against his own interest and that of Stern and it’s employees? Nope

I will buy a game I like regardless of stupidity

#63 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think Thunderbirds is closest with a 5k NIB price to 3k used price.
    It is before my time but I believe Williams used to do closeouts on last years' pins.

You mean THUNDERTURDS ..worst game ever made its aweful !

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

I wouldn't gloat too much. WWE Pro isn't much above that. Two turds in a pod, one from a company that knows better.

#65 4 years ago

I'll never say never... but I haven't bought a kapow overpriced game yet... and Back to the Future an't gonna do it for them either.
    Love the idea of a new BTTF pin... but Unless the kapow name starts selling for under Stern street prices; I an't interested. Too much risk - as Frax quoted: a "mechanical device" with "paint" that will "wear out". If I ever had respect for the kapow team; that pretty much ended any hope of a future relationship.

#66 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I don’t give a flying F when I lose money buying a game. I plan on it

Same, last consideration I have when buying a pin is whether or not I'm gonna take a loss on resale. If this was issue I wouldn't be in the hobby at all.

#67 4 years ago

The main reason why the games are so expensive is I believe Stern was paying him $1000 per game sold. For that reason stern had to eliminate the pro model because you’d be letting your distributors get 1250 and royalty of another 1000. Using math here Stern could only build the game for around $3500 bucks.

This is why they re-use old play fields and designs... but you know what who cares if you get the theme you want. If he would actually consider using another company I’d be totally fine with re=theming Dialed In. People like Dialed In but some people don’t like the theme... change it to Back to the Future. Get a great pin while at the same time the theme you want.

In both cases he’s worked with Stern CF did the artwork... and he NAILED IT and made up for the fact they’re old play field designs. Just an opinion I don’t think the other Stern artists have done nearly as good a job on artwork since he’s left. If you’re not going to create an entire new game then at least nail the artwork, for those reasons I’d rather Stern NOT do this game.

If he’s actually considering taking it to another company, it has to be because Stern bombed with Beatles. So heck yeah take this game over to JJP if any of this is at all true.

Back to the Future is a theme like WOZ and WILLY Wonka... please tell me Stern is NOT involved.

#68 4 years ago

I'm in

#69 4 years ago

If Kapow and Stern make this, then for the love of all things get full assets including J.Fox and above all else, put Lyman on code, that way if the layout and mechs are disappointing which at this point is a major concern he can take the game to greatness with code!

#70 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Sorry Frax, I don’t give a flying F when I lose money buying a game. I plan on it
    It’s not what it’s about for me
    I have the money and space.
    I lost my ass today on paper in the market
    Not trying to be mean, if you can’t afford to lose money then buy a game on the secondary market. Problem solved

And that's perfectly fine. What's not okay, IMO, is telling people that they should just chill the fuck out and accept inferior product just because it doesn't effect YOU.

And...for the record, the VAST majority of my games are/were bought off craigslist. Even the last Tron I had was pulled from Craigslist. Out of 60 or 70 games, I've lost money.....about 4 times. I'm extremely savvy with the projects I buy, and I know how to fix shit, and clean things up. But I shouldn't have to be savvy to buy a damn NIB game. None of this was ever a problem with AC/DC Premium, Tron, 2nd Tron, or Metallica for me. Maybe I got lucky, but the current things people are reporting are enough to keep me out of the NIB market....and I really don't want to be? I'd love to have a shiny new game, but the playfield issues, and the repair issues and failure rate of Spike sytems? I can't do it.

All I'm saying is that your opinion isn't the end-all-be-all, and maybe have some consideration for other people's situations and understand why they're pulling out of the NIB market? Or is that too much to ask in 'Murica 2020? I'll even agree that BOTH sides at this point can probably just STFU becuase we've all discussed both sides of it to death and back. I'm just sick and tired of seeing people act like their opinion is the only valid one, when it's a big mess of grey spectrum, and anything along that line is okay, because we all have VALID reasons for what we decide to spend our money on.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wakky:

Thunderturds was the worst game ever , until Stranger Things came out .

#72 4 years ago

Yeah these pinball manufacturer capitalists are just killing it right now! Shame on them

Congrats to Spooky on raking in $7 million gross

I’m the last one to tell anyone how to spend their money so if it came across like that then disregard it

BTTF by Stern? Some would say if JJP got the license their would be a lack of assets, voice, video and disconnected code

I’d just like to see it happen by someone

#73 4 years ago

Stranger things was a lot of people's dream theme and then stern made it .

#74 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Some would say if JJP got the license their would be a lack of assets, voice, video and disconnected code

People didn't like the layout of The Hobbit but besides that it has the best use of modes , video and call outs in Pinball . JMO.

#75 4 years ago

Maybe it will be Mad Max?

Aristocrat did a deal with Warner Bro’s to create a slot machine based on Fury road

I played it in Vegas last week at the Cosmopolitan. It was a huge two seater! Super fun with great sound and video.

I found out where all the great slot titles went. Cosmo and Aria must have cornered the market on fun slots. They have great stuff to lose your money on!

Caesars properties BLOWS on slots now. They are taking slots out for more table games and aside from Buffalo and Heidi they got crappy older stuff and Chinese games

#76 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Congrats to Spooky on raking in $7 million gross

I’m the last one to tell anyone how to spend their money so if it came across like that then disregard it

Well, I misunderstood then. My apologies.

That's friggin' awesome about Spooky. I was really hoping they were going to get the Godzilla licence so there would be someone I could actually want a NIB game from. Maybe something in the future...fingers are crossed. R&M was just bad timing for me, and the limited numbers..argh. I should probably just start saving for Danesi #3.

#77 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Well, I misunderstood then. My apologies.
    That's friggin' awesome about Spooky. I was really hoping they were going to get the Godzilla licence so there would be someone I could actually want a NIB game from. Maybe something in the future...fingers are crossed. R&M was just bad timing for me, and the limited numbers..argh. I should probably just start saving for Danesi #3.

Yes sir Frax! Spooky is getting better all the time

#78 4 years ago

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Yes sir Frax! Spooky is getting better all the time

lol.....people are strange. Why was this worth a downvote? Is the person that downvoted it Gary or Jack incognito? *scratch head*

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I will buy a game I like regardless of stupidity

#81 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Being this year (2020) marks the 35th anniversary, would Ka-Pow and Stern push this game out. Similair to Batman 66 ??

2020 is also Sterns 35th year as well. Would have been really slick to if Pinball Expo was celebrating 35 this year as well.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

2020 is also Sterns 35th year as well. Would have been really slick to if Pinball Expo was celebrating 35 this year as well.

Oh crap. That means its time for another $15k super LE with video application, and a paid Expo party.

#83 4 years ago

I always charge people entry fees when i throw myself parties. Shits not gonna pay for itself.

#84 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dantesmark:

I always charge people entry fees when i throw myself parties. Shits not gonna pay for itself.

That wouldn't work over here . You throw a party , food , drinks , entertainment are free and your payment is having friends over and having a good time .

#85 4 years ago

I was joking.

#86 4 years ago

Good to hear . There really needs to be a sarcasm font .

#87 4 years ago

I have become so sarcastic over the years , that people think I'm just being an arsehole . Like when I said Stranger Things was worse than the Thunderbirds . I have to remember to use the cheeky smiley face

#88 4 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

Good to hear . There really needs to be a sarcasm font .

There is always this

#89 4 years ago

Wow, that Kaminkow Beatles royalty statement is crazy. He says it was 7 figures. So at a MINIMUM, if it was $1,000,000, that's a little over $500 for each of the 1,964 machines right off the top of the wholesale sales just for The Beatles - IN ADVANCE (so even more on a per-game basis if they don't make all 1964 games). Seems like that's where the missing BOM funds went.

#90 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Wow, that Kaminkow Beatles royalty statement is crazy. He says it was 7 figures. So at a MINIMUM, if it was $1,000,000, that's a little over $500 for each of the 1,964 machines right off the top of the wholesale sales just for The Beatles - IN ADVANCE (so even more on a per-game basis if they don't make all 1964 games). Seems like that's where the missing BOM funds went.

And Joe and company wanted to have the slot machine, offered $50 million for the license but was turned down.

#91 4 years ago

Bring on Back to the Future. He made it seem like it was fairly close and with the 35th anniversary happening this year it syncs up.

#92 4 years ago
    Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Bring on Back to the Future. He made it seem like it was fairly close and with the 35th anniversary happening this year it syncs up.

Remember this post. A $750 limited edition clock tower topper is coming.

#93 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Remember this post. A $750 limited edition clock tower topper is coming.

Was it just me or did I anyone else get the impression it wasn’t a stern project? The way he directed it at Chris made me think it wasn’t a Stern/Kapow project.??

#94 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Was it just me or did I anyone else get the impression it wasn’t a stern project? The way he directed it at Chris made me think it wasn’t a Stern/Kapow project.??

Geez I hope you're right

#95 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Since Chris is working with CGC, I could see that, but it seems weird that Kaminkow would be involved with CGC because that would be a slap in Gary's face. But it could just be Zynga talk and some misdirection.

#96 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Since Chris is working with CGC, I could see that, but it seems weird that Kaminkow would be involved with CGC because that would be a slap in Gary's face. But it could just be Zynga talk and some misdirection.

It would be equally weird for Chris to be working on a Stern title since his departure.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

It would be equally weird for Chris to be working on a Stern title since his departure.

No. CGC is working on a new game. One that isn’t a remake.

#98 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

BTTF wouldn't be a remake (at least I HOPE not - the original pin is TERRIBLE).

#99 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Well at least the quality will be good. Excited

#100 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Who is cgc?

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaminkows-back-to-the-future/page/2?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.