Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 121 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by chad
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

d10612d4a432803575ae61819a293f85da109617 (resized).jpg
    Great-Scott-Travel-Behind-the-Scenes-With-21-Photos-of-the-Back-to-the-Future-Movie-Franchise-5-819x1024.jpg
    hotwheels (resized).png
    There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 4 years ago

Thoughts?

#2 4 years ago

It would definitely beat Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles or Hot Wheels. Sign me up.

#3 4 years ago

Anytime I hear the name Kaminkow associated with Stern Pinball-I think about one word- 'Overpriced'.

He is a legend in the industry, but not into making pinball into an elite boutique hobby/sport. Prices keep jumping up and honestly-it is starting to get ridiculous. Now if Kaminkow can help deliver a packed Pro model for $5K or an LE for $7K-I am interested, otherwise it would need to knock my socks off for me to pay boutique pinball prices.

#4 4 years ago

is there a rumor of this?

#5 4 years ago

I'm curious if the Beatles release taught him a few things. I think they found their ceiling, and should probably back off a bit. Did they ever make all 1964 Beatles machines? Seems unlikely.

#6 4 years ago

Back to the Future would be the biggest slam dunk hit in years. Is this a reality? He has the license? Where and what is the information?

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I'm curious if the Beatles release taught him a few things. I think they found their ceiling, and should probably back off a bit. Did they ever make all 1964 Beatles machines? Seems unlikely.

I was thinking the same thing while watching Bowen's Beatles tutorial yesterday. I highly doubt it.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

All I know is Beatles is a KILLER fucking game. Love it.

#11 4 years ago

Super awesome pinball pod w kamikow today. He dropped it about 25 min from the end.

#12 4 years ago

Thanks. Not much content but a bomb was dropped for sure.

#13 4 years ago

How cool it would be...
    Scoop pops up in the upper mid pf and u shoot the ball in it to re enact the car disappearing at 88mph. Could haveinserts lined up to it that resemble flames too.

#14 4 years ago

Awesome. Can't wait to see what a $20,000 game looks like.

#15 4 years ago

Oooh, stainless steel armor. Feed Mr. Fusion. Light all three arms of the flux capacitor for multiball. Send Biff to the manure pile!

#16 4 years ago

Will Michael J Fox be personalizing the speech audio with buyers names? Will you have to submit a video on why you should be allowed to buy one?

#17 4 years ago

I'm missing where he mentions BTTF. What time? I did hear he dropped CGC's next game which they actually edited out.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

I'm missing where he mentions BTTF. What time? I did hear he dropped CGC's next game which they actually edited out.

It’s at the very end of Joe’s interview...don’t know the exact time.

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from balt:

Oooh, stainless steel armor. Feed Mr. Fusion. Light all three arms of the flux capacitor for multiball. Send Biff to the manure pile!

With recent stern history what are the odds of a toy like that realistically being included and not left on the cutting room floor?

At this point I almost don’t want stern to do it as I know it would only disappoint me as it’s my #1 all time dream theme.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s at the very end of Joe’s interview...don’t know the exact time.

-20:26 : “Chris I’ll talk to you about doc brown in our pinball project later. Oops did I say something I shouldn’t have (sarcastic tone).”

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from koops:

At this point I almost don’t want stern to do it as I know it would only disappoint me as it’s my #1 all time dream theme.

+1. JJP, Deeproot, anyone else other than Stern. Well, almost.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hammerhead:

+1. JJP, Deeproot, anyone else other than Stern. Well, almost.

I would love to see JJP make this pin and an instant buy for me.

#23 4 years ago

I've been excited for years about the possibility of a new Back to the Future pin but not by Kapow / Stern. It's likely not going to be a a JJP title, I could tell that by Joe talking about how much he likes working with Gary. This is a shame as it likely means a more strippped down game, and a higher price. However, Kapow / Stern did a great job with getting a lot of licensed assets for Batman 66 so I'm holding out hope that Stern locks down assets for all 3 films and doesn't try to make it primarily about the first. Still, it's these prices that are insane considering what is being offered in terms of features and quality.

#24 4 years ago

The thought of today’s Stern having its fingerprints on that license makes me want to puke.

Let’s see... hit some blinking lights. Every insert lights up for a jackpot shot. 3 pops in the upper right corner. Michael J Fox photoshopped on the slings.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've been excited for years about the possibility of a new Back to the Future pin but not by Kapow / Stern. It's likely not going to be a a JJP title, I could tell that by Joe talking about how much he likes working with Gary. This is a shame as it likely means a more strippped down game, and a higher price. However, Kapow / Stern did a great job with getting a lot of licensed assets for Batman 66 so I'm holding out hope that Stern locks down assets for all 3 films and doesn't try to make it primarily about the first. Still, it's these prices that are insane considering what is being offered in terms of features and quality.

They also did a pretty poor job with Beatles assets, particularly the songs. He was also responsible for the first BTTF where they had a "look alike" Marty on the backglass because they couldn't secure the asset. So...hope for the best but his track record is pretty uneven.

#26 4 years ago

Being this year (2020) marks the 35th anniversary, would Ka-Pow and Stern push this game out. Similair to Batman 66 ??

#27 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

All I know is Beatles is a KILLER fucking game. Love it.

That is well overpriced. $5000 game at best. Street level Gottlieb.

#28 4 years ago

The way he made this joke "tease" on a public podcast makes me think that a new BTTF is not even close to happening. Which makes me really sad.

#29 4 years ago

Below are some comments from the podcast where Joe was asked about recent reported playfield quality issues.

"...the clear coat is not glass, it's paint, it's a ball, it's a piece of wood, it will roll, big deal"

"It's a pinball, they wear out, they're mechanical things"

Super Awesome Pinball Show "You haven't noticed a change from before to now in playfield quality"?

"I'm sure from batch to batch the poplar wood changes from what tree was cut down or what the amount of moisture was in the air or the amount of time the hard coat did or how somebody mixed the hard coat with not enough of something, too much of something else but you know it's a pinball machine"

"To quote Gary we are not making heart and lung machines, we are making pinball machines"

"We used to make games where the hard coat would wear out within 90 days"

"For those at home in their underwear and in their wife beaters and drinking PBR and bitch in the words of William Shatner get a life"

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

That is well overpriced. $5000 game at best. Street level Gottlieb.

Really? Which Stern can we buy NIB for $5k? 11 drop targets, spinning disc, art blades, powder coat ... there’s more in this game than a Pro model. It doesn’t bother me that some dislike the pin but no, even w out a $1M license it’s not a 5k game.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

"For those at home in their underwear and in their wife beaters and drinking PBR and bitch in the words of William Shatner get a life"

Oh I will...with their competitors.

#32 4 years ago
    Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Really? Which Stern can we buy NIB for $5k? 11 drop targets, spinning disc, art blades, powder coat ... there’s more in this game than a Pro model. It doesn’t bother me that some dislike the pin but no, even w out a $1M license it’s not a 5k game.

Powder coating is like putting lip stick on a pig.

I know plenty of people that can get a pro for $5k NIB. Show deals, Stern Rewards.

How many drops are in WPT? 16. It has an upper playfield too.

So drop targets and a spinner make a game great? I agree the game is fun but it’s pretty shallow in the code department.

I don’t dislike the pin, I dislike the price. There is more game in a JP pro or IMDN pro than Beatles.
    How much does a gold Beatles go for? $7-8k.
    What did Diamonds and Platiums go for $10k, $15k?

Deadpool Premium has 11 drops, 2 ramps, And, wait for it, a disco ball

I just think for what you get the game is overpriced. Just my opinion.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Below are some comments from the podcast where Joe was asked about recent reported playfield quality issues.
    "...the clear coat is not glass, it's paint, it's a ball, it's a piece of wood, it will roll, big deal"
    Super Awesome Pinball Show "You haven't noticed a change from before to now in playfield quality"?
    "I'm sure from batch to batch the poplar wood changes from what tree was cut down or what the amount of moisture was in the air or the amount of time the hard coat did or how somebody mixed the hard coat with not enough of something, too much of something else but you know it's a pinball machine"
    "To quote Gary we are not making heart and lung machines, we are making pinball machines"

Yep. Just confirms the mentality that brought us all those great Sega and Data East titles. BUY BUY BUY He and Gary think alike.

Oh and you forgot "If you can't afford it then maybe you need to get a better job". At least he's honest about it.

#34 4 years ago

Beatles game and gameplay is awesome.
    Everything else, audio, art, price are horrible.

#35 4 years ago

Let's not forget the spinning disc of death.

#36 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This totally goes against what George Gomez professed on Coast 2 Coast a few years ago... he preached that operators were a-ok receiving less than perfect because they’d fix problems with a field kit and put a game on route. He said they realized the customer focus had changed,,, and with cost to home buyers comes new expectations and that Stern has adjusted their materials and processes to meet that.

#37 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Powder coating is like putting lip stick on a pig.
    I know plenty of people that can get a pro for $5k NIB. Show deals, Stern Rewards.
    How many drops are in WPT? 16. It has an upper playfield too.
    So drop targets and a spinner make a game great? I agree the game is fun but it’s pretty shallow in the code department.
    I don’t dislike the pin, I dislike the price. There is more game in a JP pro or IMDN pro than Beatles.
    How much does a gold Beatles go for? $7-8k.
    What did Diamonds and Platiums go for $10k, $15k?
    Deadpool Premium has 11 drops, 2 ramps, And, wait for it, a disco ball
    I just think for what you get the game is overpriced. Just my opinion.

Not all but difference in price is also bc of the cost of the IP vs other titles

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, what an asshole..

#39 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

KaPOW!

Can’t argue with any of that.

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

KaPOW!
    Can’t argue with any of that.

I can argue with the shitty work ethic of "Well, we're not making anything important so who gives a damn." mentality that's presented.

Like, can you really have that much disdain for something you keep doing, and the people paying thousands of dollars for it? Prick.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:Wow, what an asshole..

KaPOW! Right in the nuts!

Clearly they don't give a shit about the secondary market with the impact from the build issues.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That’s pretty damn funny and spot on!

#43 4 years ago

When I buy JJP games, have a Wonka CE showing up next week, I don’t worry about the litany of issues that POTC and Wonka have experienced

I just like playing my pinball games and having fun

Not every game has to be the best game ever!

I focus on the fun factor. Anything else is a waste of life

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

When I buy JJP games, have a Wonka CE showing up next week, I don’t worry about the litany of issues that POTC and Wonka have experienced
    I just like playing my pinball games and having fun
    Not every game has to be the best game ever!
    I focus on the fun factor. Anything else is a waste of life

And I'm sure if everyone had as much money to carelessly throw around as you do, they'd probably share your opinion. I don't think you give a single 'f' if a game you bought loses half it's value overnight. You're just going to buy more games anyways, right? You're like the whale in a mobile gatcha game telling the F2P guys "I don't get why it's so hard. You just use *THIS UNIT* with *THIS GEAR* and it's all good!".....while completely ignoring the fact the only reason they have those units with those setups is that they spent literally as much as we spend on pinball machines.

#45 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I don't think you give a single 'f' if a game you bought loses half it's value overnight. .

That has not happened in the history of pinball.

Even WWE.

I haven't seen a single "clearcoat special" where a new game was heavily discounted by the NIB purchaser.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even WWE.
    I haven't seen a single "clearcoat special" where a new game was heavily discounted by the NIB purchaser.

I think Thunderbirds is closest with a 5k NIB price to 3k used price.

It is before my time but I believe Williams used to do closeouts on last years' pins.

#47 4 years ago

I like the Kapow games. BB66 and Beatles are both really fun games and represent the license in a unique way. I own and love Beatles and would definitely enjoy a Batman 66.

No company or game can be all things to all people. I like the niche that Kapow is filling.

#48 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even WWE.

Dude, stop being ridiculous for JUST a moment. I know it's really hard when you spend so much time shitting on everything that everyone posts.... I never said it happened. I said he would not care if it DID.

#49 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I think Thunderbirds is closest with a 5k NIB price to 3k used price.
    It is before my time but I believe Williams used to do closeouts on last years' pins.

I'm still pissed about the ghosting on my CV inserts but nobody at Bally will take my calls!!!

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm still pissed about the ghosting on my CV inserts but nobody at Bally will take my calls!!!

I know! I call every week to order a Black Knight 2000 t-shirt but nobody ever answers.

There are 121 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kaminkows-back-to-the-future/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.