View topic image gallery

IMG_0006 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 4.33.59 PM (resized).png
image1 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

It most likely needs a new flyback if it's snapping. It will also help if you identify it beyond a "k7000".. that actually does not exist. It's probably a u2000,u5000, k74XX, or k75XX if it's a 25 inch.

This post will help you identify exactly what you're working with so you know what monitor you're working on and what flyback to order:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/archive/index.php/t-267353.html

Keep in mind that beyond a cap kit and flyback, you could have a bad tube. From my experience, it's worth shotgunning a cap kit and flyback for $40 to see where you're at with it.

#7 7 years ago

k7000 for a 25 inch is not common at all. I've never heard of such a thing.

#10 7 years ago

THAT manual illustrates the different k7000 "models", as I described above.

k7000 is a series of monitors, not a specific model. The 25 inch models aren't actually shown in there... I don't doubt they exist, just never seen one. They were offered as a "kit" by Williams.

If you just blindly order a flyback for a "k7000" series, it will probably work fine. It also helps to know what model you are working with, especially if you have to troubleshoot further.

Screen Shot 2016-12-27 at 4.33.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2016-12-27 at 4.33.59 PM (resized).png

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

All K7000 chassis that i have come across (both 19" and 25") have been identical/interchangeable parts wise with the exception of the k7000A flyback.

They may be interchangeable but it's not entirely identical. The 25 inch chassis's shipped from the factory with taller heatsink(s) because they generate a lot more heat.

That was my mistake on the klov link... that was to identify the difference of 25 inch u2000, u5000, and a k7500.

#23 7 years ago

I would say that the tube could be shot. Do you have a decent degaussing coil you can wave in front of it? Is the auto- degaussing coil on the tube actually plugged in? You could also test the degaussing circuit by probing for voltage at that plug (crefully!)

As for the "k7000"...
K7197, k7184, k7191, all exist for certain. Certainly, these are considered to be in the k7000 series but there is no such thing as a k7000 monitor. I've been fixing monitors for 20 years. The k7000 models all share similar parts but often have different flybacks, HOTs, and capacitor values. Not only that, but a ton of them had factory fixes that should only be used for specific models that had known problems. It helps to know what model you are working with here. You will be more informed and may learn something.

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

For standard res here is no chassis in higher regards among collectors and ops then the k7000

Heh--not in this collector/ops opinion !

#25 7 years ago

--- as for the photos, the model is likely on one of those stickers where the video harness plugs in---> if not there, a sticker along the top metal edge OR, just post the large numbers etched on the chassis Pcb and I will tell you what model you are working with. It's not so critical unless you are changing out more parts.

Also, the screw holding the convergence rings in place should either be on the top or bottom, not off to the side like that ?

#27 7 years ago

Yeah, that screw on the metal ring with the big glob of glue... loosen it and turn it so it's on the top, horizontally across like this

<-----l

It shouldn't be sideways like in your pic. Those are the color convergence rings and their alignment is very imoportant, regarding colors.

#29 7 years ago

Honestly sounds like a tube issue. I would post a pic of what it looks like with the video harness unplugged, still showing the distortions. If the color distortion is still strong, the tube is likely shot.

#32 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

20 years and you've never seen a 25" k7000?

No one has. There's no such thing. I've seen it all and Hantarex monitor quality puts any k7000 series monitor to shame!

I realize everyone commonly calls every Wells from the 1990's a k7000. It reminds me of when in pinball people say "wpc pin" for every single DMD machine made after Funhouse. Or when people say "solid state" and think it only means pinball machines that came before 1990. So annoying. Another one is when people think Funhouse is a system 11. I realize it's neurotic. Sorry.

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

By video harness you mean the molex on the bottom right in the first pic. Or the whole neck board ? I pulled that molex on the bottom right of the board and nothing changed those colors are still there

Yes, the molex connector is what I meant.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/k7000-monitor-acting-out?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.