Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How was your warranty experience with K's Arcade?”

• Positive 12 votes
      32%
    • Difficult 5 votes
      13%
    • Forget it, I'll take my business elsewhere! 21 votes
      55%

(38 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 4 years ago

My experience with K's years ago was piss poor (and I do believe I still have the emails to prove it).
    Bought a high speed, it was messed up, had some battery damage sound didn't work. (I had no clue the issue, it was my first machine).
    Sent board out for repair to him.
    In the meantime I bought a refurb on ebay that was from coin op cauldron that worked great.
    Board comes back, I leave it in box for a few month since I didn't need it.
    I then buy a cyclone that needs minor board work, send that to him (which he did fix, then I resent him the high speed board)
    I take the sys11 board out of the box reinstall in high speed and proceed to put the 11A in cyclone.
    Well, the original sys11 that I had repaired, does not work.
    Send it back to K's.
    He then proceeds to tell me he never worked on it and it he would never let a board in his shop like that.
    Umm, I only had one freakin machine when I sent it to him, I have the printed receipt and the paypal receipt.
    Basically treated me like I switched the board on him.
    Then refuses to send it back to me, says I can have a $100 credit with him, but no refund and no board.
    I Let it go back then, but I would absolutely NOT today.

I also vowed I would tell this story every time someone asks about him.
    Edit: I just looked up the emails, he said at one point I must have just asked him to "patch it up", because it still had the bad battery holder on it.
    I knew NOTHING about pinball at the time. I left it up to his discretion.
    I do still have the paypal bills, $145 for one board and $160 for the other.
    I guess the good thing that came out of it, was I learned with the help of pinside to just fix my own damn stuff.
    And if I really need work done (because I don't do battery damage), send it to chris hibler.

1 week later
    #44 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeO:

This supports why K's responses are, at best, inadequate.

He's like a health insurance company, deny, deny, deny and hope you go away (or maybe worse, die).
    Which is what I did, I was a noob and let it go.
    Won't happen again.
    Telltale sign would have been he left the original battery holder on my board.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

A friend of mine had an expensive sound board essentially stolen from him by K's arcade. Told him it was unrepairable and refused to send it back. I doubt it was really unrepairable honestly.

Go back a handful of posts, I had the same experience. Except I paid him to fix mine (it didn't work when I got it back) resent it to him and he said he didn't do it and he kept the board.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jcar302.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/k-s-arcade-warranty-experience?tu=jcar302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.