Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by G-P-E
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How was your warranty experience with K's Arcade?”

• Positive 12 votes
      32%
    • Difficult 5 votes
      13%
    • Forget it, I'll take my business elsewhere! 21 votes
      55%

(38 votes)

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crispin:

I sent him a board once and waited weeks longer than he said I would be taken care of. Each time I would email him every few weeks to inquire about when he thought he'd be able to get my board I would be told he couldn't get to my board because I was wasting his valuable time making him read unnecessary emails. I couldn't get him to give me an answer in each response. I'll only use him again for parts I can't find anywhere else.

what an asshole ....I'd never do business if that was his stupid response

#52 4 years ago
    Quoted from rtotans:

You know what, you might of saved $400 on not honoring your product, but you lost me and apparently many other customers future business. I will order for anyone besides K’s. Even if I have to pay more money. The fact he’s the owner is scary. At this rate he won’t be in business for long.

Contact me at Big Daddy and I'll take care of it. This is BS

#53 4 years ago

A friend of mine had an expensive sound board essentially stolen from him by K's arcade. Told him it was unrepairable and refused to send it back. I doubt it was really unrepairable honestly.

#54 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

A friend of mine had an expensive sound board essentially stolen from him by K's arcade. Told him it was unrepairable and refused to send it back. I doubt it was really unrepairable honestly.

Wow, refused to send it back!!?? How has he been in business this long? Put the ridiculously poor customer service aside - now we’re talking about theft. This guy shouldn’t be in business at all.

#55 4 years ago

I also had a bad experience with him - was incredibly rude on the phone. Will not deal with him again.

#56 4 years ago
    Quoted from pipes:

Wow, refused to send it back!!?? How has he been in business this long? Put the ridiculously poor customer service aside - now we’re talking about theft. This guy shouldn’t be in business at all.

Yeah, he wasn't interested in making a stink over it. I sure would have

#57 4 years ago
    Quoted from koji:

As a buyer, I would expect a DOA warranty of some sort, but this would typically have an expected time frame of say a 30 or 60 days at most, afterwhich, there is a certain onus on the buyer to have verified the products are good etc.

Rottendog has no stated warranty, and has always fixed problems that might be board related, even when it's often not.

#58 4 years ago
    Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Go back a handful of posts, I had the same experience. Except I paid him to fix mine (it didn't work when I got it back) resent it to him and he said he didn't do it and he kept the board.

#59 4 years ago

For future ref who would everyone recommend sending boards out for repair? sounds like Rottendog provides great service. I have 3 Stern CPU and 3 Power boards left over from an AC/DC that are in need of repair

#60 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

For future ref who would everyone recommend sending boards out for repair? sounds like Rottendog provides great service. I have 3 Stern CPU and 3 Power boards left over from an AC/DC that are in need of repair

Chris Hibler is excellent.

#61 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

RD only fixes their own boards.

#62 4 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Chris Hibler is excellent.

OK thank you

#63 4 years ago

BIG DADDY all the way !

#64 4 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

who would everyone recommend sending boards out for repair?

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pinball_Board_Repair_Services

Although K’s is on that list so it’s definitely not a list of great providers. Rob Anthony Borygard and Chris Hibler ChrisHibler are two I trust.

#65 4 years ago

+1 for Chris Hibler he does great work.

#66 4 years ago

I've also had a few bad experiences with K's with regards to warranty. Since I'm considered international, he won't deal with me directly. If a product on his website says manufacturers warranty, he just refers me to the manufacturer. Most of the time the manufacturer will honor any issues, as long as I've provided my original receipts. But I've also had times when I bought a new board and it was DOA, and he blamed me for not installing it properly, and then told me to contact the manufacture, which of course they confirmed the board was dead due to their error.

I try not to order from him anymore.

#67 4 years ago

You can also send it to Clive at Coinop Cauldron, they too do great work but you sometimes have a greater turn-a-round wait when they're busy.

#68 4 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

... If a product on his website says manufacturers warranty, he just refers me to the manufacturer. Most of the time the manufacturer will honor any issues, as long as I've provided my original receipts...

This is the way it is supposed to work.

Wayyyy back in the days when i was selling my assemblies, I had an agreement with dealers: Anything wrong with my boards and they were to forward the customer to me regarding warranty issues. After all - it would have been my issue and not that of the reseller. I fail to see why he isn't forwarding all customers now. I believe it should actually be RD's issue to deal with these complaints and/or defects.

There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/k-s-arcade-warranty-experience/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.