Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ricky - Rickyisms- Trailer Park Boys - _It doesn't take rocket appliances to get your grade 10__.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 12.38.22 PM (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider basementfacts.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

1) Ordered new rectifier board for my Space Invaders with the deluxe connector kit.
    2) Discovered there's only 30 pins in the kit. SI requires 32.
    3) Emailed Keith asking to throw a few in first class mail.
    4) Keith replies with a link to buy a whole bag of pins.
    5) I replied that it was his mistake and I'd appreciate it if he could just correct it.
    6) See image for final reply.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 12.38.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-01 at 12.38.22 PM (resized).png
    #8 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Two wrongs don’t make a right ...... very shady move for a few penny item

It postpones my repair schedule back a week. It will cost me $10-$15 to get more pins. He is objectively wrong and accusing me of lying instead of spending $2.00 to make it right. What am I supposed to do? Just accept it and move on? And give him my business again in the future? I spent over $300 with this purchase, and will probably spend hundreds more in years to come. What a stupid move to burn me over a couple bucks for mailing me a few more pins and letting him know his kit isn't sufficient for all games.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from slicknick13:

Granted, the kit comes with 30 pins, so you get what you pay for.

It doesn't list how many there are.

#20 3 years ago

OK. I can admit that I didn't count the pins before ordering. But the description does say it works for Space Invaders. So the description is still wrong. I don't think it excuses the "bye" response

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I count 28 pins actually used in the schematics? You might want to go into the machine and double check the schematics too. I have dealt with Keith enough to know that when he says you have more than you need, he is probably correct. Problem is, he doesn't take the five seconds that it would require to explain things. So whether he is right or wrong, the terrible customer service will lose K's more customers - and rightly so. He treats me like a moron every time I dare to ask a question and I literally work on rockets for a living.

Trust me. I've double checked and determined the schematics are wrong. I even asked other owners on Facebook to provide photos of their connectors. 32 pins are required guaranteed. In fact according to the schematics, it should be 33. But Pin 13 is N/C. I've been looking at this rectifier board probably more than most.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Just a side report, the OP now has the required connectors for his rectifier board. Plus plenty of spares.
    -Hans

Thanks again! We've got a lovely local community.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider basementfacts.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/k-s-arcade-buyer-beware?tu=basementfacts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.