Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by seshpilot
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ricky - Rickyisms- Trailer Park Boys - _It doesn't take rocket appliances to get your grade 10__.jpeg (resized).jpg
    Untitled (resized).jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 12.38.22 PM (resized).png

#1 3 years ago

1) Ordered new rectifier board for my Space Invaders with the deluxe connector kit.
    2) Discovered there's only 30 pins in the kit. SI requires 32.
    3) Emailed Keith asking to throw a few in first class mail.
    4) Keith replies with a link to buy a whole bag of pins.
    5) I replied that it was his mistake and I'd appreciate it if he could just correct it.
    6) See image for final reply.

Screen Shot 2020-10-01 at 12.38.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-10-01 at 12.38.22 PM (resized).png
    #2 3 years ago

Good old Keith. Customer service at its finest.

We were overdue for another K’s Arcade thread.

#3 3 years ago

gee, you'd think he'd appreciate the advice lol

#4 3 years ago

That guy is a tool. I also had a bad customer service experience, will never buy from again.

#5 3 years ago

Contact you credit card company and file a dispute. Without the 2 pins tell the card company the product is not functional thus not as described. Provide the response from him as documentation.

Keith has been doing stuff like this for years.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

Contact you credit card company and file a dispute. Without the 2 pins tell the card company the product is not functional thus not as described. Provide the response from him as documentation.
    Keith has been doing stuff like this for years.

Two wrongs don’t make a right ...... very shady move for a few penny item

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

It postpones my repair schedule back a week. It will cost me $10-$15 to get more pins. He is objectively wrong and accusing me of lying instead of spending $2.00 to make it right. What am I supposed to do? Just accept it and move on? And give him my business again in the future? I spent over $300 with this purchase, and will probably spend hundreds more in years to come. What a stupid move to burn me over a couple bucks for mailing me a few more pins and letting him know his kit isn't sufficient for all games.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Keith deserves every bit of it. Bought once from him and never again. Hard to believe the guy is still in business. He doesn’t have a clue about customer service. I say file a dispute with your CC company.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from BasementFacts:

1) Ordered new rectifier board for my Space Invaders with the deluxe connector kit.
    2) Discovered there's only 30 pins in the kit. SI requires 32.
    3) Emailed Keith asking to throw a few in first class mail.
    4) Keith replies with a link to buy a whole bag of pins.
    5) I replied that it was his mistake and I'd appreciate it if he could just correct it.
    6) See image for final reply.
    [quoted image]

I'm local to you and if it's something I've got on hand I can drop them your way.
    Not familiar with the exact situation here, but what kinda pins do you need?

Hate to see you pushed back a week over something minor.

-Hans

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

How is it wrong to file a claim? OP purchased an item that is useless without the 2 pins. Doesn't matter what it cost for those pins! What if Keith forgot to ship the board would you still consider it shady?

#13 3 years ago

I’m not trying to derail this, but I’ve only dealt with K’s Arcade once. I bought a board and had some newbie questions about swapping ROMs and such, and he was actually really nice and explained it all to me over the phone.

It seems that mainly via email these issues happen. Why not just call?

#14 3 years ago

You'd think he'd appreciate that his produce was incorrect and would send out the pins TODAY.

I had a dealing with him once. He sold a cpu that was malfunctioning. It was quite a hassle to get him to finally send a replacement.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

It seems that mainly via email these issues happen. Why not just call?

If your attitude depends on whether you call or email, then it's not the buyers problem. He didn't have to be as lousy as he was in that message.

Granted, the kit comes with 30 pins, so you get what you pay for.

I'ma start a business where I only offer quality support through telex and grump everywhere else and be taken aback that people think I'm not nice.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from slicknick13:

Granted, the kit comes with 30 pins, so you get what you pay for.

It doesn't list how many there are.

#17 3 years ago

It doesn't list how many there are.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg
    #18 3 years ago

This is why I try to deal with Marco whenever possible. I had one of their products screwed up and although what they were picturing wasn’t actually available anymore, they immediately modified the product to be what I ordered and sent me another one free of charge. They cost a little more but every small thing that has come up with them has been immediately resolved.

#19 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jmckune:

This is why I try to deal with Marco whenever possible. I had one of their products screwed up and although what they were picturing wasn’t actually available anymore, they immediately modified the product to be what I ordered and sent me another one free of charge. They cost a little more but every small thing that has come up with them has been immediately resolved.

Yep, I have had many good experiences with Marco. Any time there were issues, they handled them quickly and with professionalism.

#20 3 years ago

OK. I can admit that I didn't count the pins before ordering. But the description does say it works for Space Invaders. So the description is still wrong. I don't think it excuses the "bye" response

#21 3 years ago

I count 28 pins actually used in the schematics? You might want to go into the machine and double check the schematics too. I have dealt with Keith enough to know that when he says you have more than you need, he is probably correct. Problem is, he doesn't take the five seconds that it would require to explain things. So whether he is right or wrong, the terrible customer service will lose K's more customers - and rightly so. He treats me like a moron every time I dare to ask a question and I literally work on rockets for a living.

#22 3 years ago

But the description does say it works for Space Invaders. So the description is still wrong.

No, you're right. His description is wrong and he should be appreciative.

I always found Keith to just be like, grumpy or something. Not pinball resource grumpy, but grumpy nonetheless.

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

I count 28 pins actually used in the schematics? You might want to go into the machine and double check the schematics too. I have dealt with Keith enough to know that when he says you have more than you need, he is probably correct. Problem is, he doesn't take the five seconds that it would require to explain things. So whether he is right or wrong, the terrible customer service will lose K's more customers - and rightly so. He treats me like a moron every time I dare to ask a question and I literally work on rockets for a living.

Trust me. I've double checked and determined the schematics are wrong. I even asked other owners on Facebook to provide photos of their connectors. 32 pins are required guaranteed. In fact according to the schematics, it should be 33. But Pin 13 is N/C. I've been looking at this rectifier board probably more than most.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

No, you're right. His description is wrong and he should be appreciative.
    I always found Keith to just be like, grumpy or something. Not pinball resource grumpy, but grumpy nonetheless.

You'd never deal with this bullshit with PBR. Steve would explain - in his normally curt fashion - exactly how many pins you need and why you got the number you did. And if there were a mistake he'd gladly send a correction. Either way he'd spend as much time as needed to sort it out with you.

#25 3 years ago

32 pins are required guaranteed. In fact according to the schematics, it should be 33.

You're right, I was looking at the wrong spot in the schematics. It would be either 32 or 33.

Thing is, if I was building a kit to sell, I would make it 35 just to have a few spares. I have done a ton of connectors and I still lose or damage a pin from time to time and have to replace it. Pins are cheap; threads like this on Pinside are not cheap!!

Too bad you're not closer; I have some pins that I could give you.

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

Too bad you're not closer; I have some pins that I could give you.

Quoted from John_I:

I literally work on rockets for a living.

So you are saying you can’t spare a rocket to send them? Wouldn’t the rocket have pins in it he could use? Just kidding! It came to my mind and I couldn’t help myself. It sounded funny.

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

He treats me like a moron every time I dare to ask a question and I literally work on rockets for a living.

Rockets are easy, pinball is hard!

#33 3 years ago

Just a side report, the OP now has the required connectors for his rectifier board. Plus plenty of spares.

-Hans

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You'd never deal with this bullshit with PBR. Steve would explain - in his normally curt fashion - exactly how many pins you need and why you got the number you did. And if there were a mistake he'd gladly send a correction. Either way he'd spend as much time as needed to sort it out with you.

while he yelled at you the whole time!

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

Just a side report, the OP now has the required connectors for his rectifier board. Plus plenty of spares.
    -Hans

Thanks again! We've got a lovely local community.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:. He treats me like a moron every time I dare to ask a question and I literally work on rockets for a living.

Ricky - Rickyisms- Trailer Park Boys - _It doesn't take rocket appliances to get your grade 10__.jpeg (resized).jpgRicky - Rickyisms- Trailer Park Boys - _It doesn't take rocket appliances to get your grade 10__.jpeg (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #37 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Steve from PBR is terrifying on the phone if you are a newbie.... I learned to be 100% prepared with any call I make. Good life practice. Always be prepared.

#38 3 years ago
    Quoted from PersonX99:

Steve from PBR is terrifying on the phone if you are a newbie.... I learned to be 100% prepared with any call I make. Good life practice. Always be prepared.

Love doing business with Steve . Make sure you have your account number ready and you can find your checkbook .

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pbgixxer:

Love doing business with Steve . Make sure you have your account number ready and you can find your checkbook .

Steve knows his stuff, if your prepared he’s easy to deal with. His knowledge of pinball parts is amazing. Always go to PBR 1st.

#40 3 years ago

Huh, and I thought the shitty response I got about a brand new rottendog board I bought from him was standard industry, and not just him.

#41 3 years ago

Don't forget Great Plains Electronics carries all the connector parts needed as well. Great prices, selection, and service!

https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/categories.asp?cat=35

#42 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nysbadmk8:

Huh, and I thought the shitty response I got about a brand new rottendog board I bought from him was standard industry, and not just him.

Last time I was in Little Shop of Games they had a huge supply of Rottendog boards. Big Daddy is also great for them.

3 weeks later
    #43 3 years ago

I also will chime and say that I will never buy from K's again. I've had repeat instances of bad service, and this time was the last. He sold me a non-working Rottendog board, and when I called about it, he told me I basically SOL because "all Rottendog boards towards the end were less than stellar quality and because they went out of business..." he's just as screwed with a non-working board and no service.

While I sympathize with him not being informed in an appropriate manner by Rottendog, why screw over your customers? He knew that the boards were bad, yet continued to sell them, and then doesn't want to stand behind them when they don't work.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/k-s-arcade-buyer-beware?hl=tpoeckh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.