Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 77 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

celebration3 (resized).jpg
    robin (resized).jpg
    46cks2 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 3 years ago

Good bye, The name that should not be spoken....It’s been nice..will miss ya.

#2 3 years ago

Incredibly pissed that some individual (or Company) felt they had the right to threaten a person to this point in order to silence their voice. How dare you take away his right to 'freedom of speech', and our right to listen! SHAME ON YOU!

#3 3 years ago

I won't be able to cut my grass or sit in traffic the same way again

#4 3 years ago

Wait, what?

#5 3 years ago

But he was so young!

Was it the COVID?!

Lupus?!

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

Incredibly pissed that some individual (or Company) felt they had the right to threaten a person to this point in order to silence their voice. How dare you take away his right to 'freedom of speech', and our right to listen! SHAME ON YOU!

me too. I love listening to his show

#7 3 years ago

Does this mean I'll stop seeing weird Akira memes that mock Zach Sharpe? I've never heard the show.

#8 3 years ago

I’ve never listened to his podcasts so I’m not really sure what happened, but if you act like a real big shot and leak information you shouldn’t then don’t be too shocked when people get pissed and start messing with you.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

Makes you wish there were a chance it's all just a bunch of hyperbole and drama spun up by the K-man himself to goose the ratings.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

where is this info?

#11 3 years ago

Sounds like bs messing with someone’s job.

#12 3 years ago

I’m glad he’s not ACTUALLY dead.

Going after people at work is a cheap shot. People really should be better than that. I thought this kind of thing happened to him a few years ago and he shrugged it off.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But he was so young!
    Was it the COVID?!
    Lupus?!

Death by Twippy...

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

where is this info?

Listen to Ep 499.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from fridgejam:

I feel you bro....

#16 3 years ago

I know my boy is lurking around pinside somewhere....

#17 3 years ago
    46cks2 (resized).jpg46cks2 (resized).jpg
    #18 3 years ago

Whoever the chicken shits are that did this you are a big fat fucking fail.

#19 3 years ago

Just remember who was behind making legal threats to fan pages when TMNT dropped. Nothing surprises me with how low people will sink these days.

#20 3 years ago

During this time, someone makes it that I don't have some entertainment to get me through the Covid pandemic? What a bunch of BS. If it was due to leaks, then look within who gives out your info and tighten that up. I'm pissed.... It's all a control thing because they don't like him....

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Whoever the chicken shits are that did this you are a big fat fucking fail.

Had to get my thumbs up in before I get banned in the other thread. LOL

#22 3 years ago

I use to listen to many different Podcasts....Dumped them all except this one. Now what?

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

I've never heard the show

Sorry to hear that

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gorgar666:

I use to listen to many different Podcasts....Dumped them all except this one. Now what?

poormans, if you skip the first 5 minutes

#25 3 years ago

My bad I actually do listen to this one ,I’m a liar....They kinda of sold out but oh well.... We have things in common ,...old machines and booze....

#26 3 years ago

You were the best that ever was K-Man! Your army will vindicate you!

#27 3 years ago

Despite the controversy he creates, it was a great podcast and not having his passion and enthusiasm about the hobby is a loss for the pinball community. Whoever you are out there - SHAME ON YOU

#28 3 years ago

His show was great entertainment. Whoever did that to him i hope all your pinballs stop working and you need to get a life.

In b4 the lock lol

#29 3 years ago

....there is darkness over the pinball community today... 6-25-20

#30 3 years ago

So sorry to hear this news. Kaneda was a breath of fresh air. Even though I didn’t always agree with him he was like-able, honest, got to the point and had a conversation with the listeners very much like Howard Stern. Those whom talked trash about him likely didn’t listen or were blind with bias. Hell, I hated the guy early on from his pinside days but had a change of heart when he grew up right before my ears and we all got to know him.

Chris is a talented guy and will find continued success despite this or the ugliness we see from the army of pinball “enthusiasts” that make so much noise these days.

#31 3 years ago

This will make pinball Podcasts content.... for the next week...Go!!

#32 3 years ago

I will miss listening to Kaneda while mowing this summer. His podcast was also the first podcast I ever cared to try out and I was a listener since episode one.

But for me, it was just a podcast about pinball and I refuse to have any emotional response over this matter. It wasn't going to last forever.

#33 3 years ago

Any way to change the title of this thread?

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Any way to change the title of this thread?

Done, I guess it was a little misleading...

#35 3 years ago

Like him or not, whomever went after him in this manner is an absolute coward.

#36 3 years ago

Can someone explain what happened for those of us that don’t listen?

#37 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone explain what happened for those of us that don’t listen?

Complaints against the podcast were made to the company Chris works for and as a result they asked (or strongly suggested) that he stop broadcasting.

#38 3 years ago

VeryCowardly indeed...

#39 3 years ago

Who did this to K? Doxxing works both ways.....

#40 3 years ago

Whoever did go to K’s employer is a c%#*
    That is completely chicken shit. They are a gutless turd.

#41 3 years ago

It could only be one of two major manufactures....

#42 3 years ago

He had a lot of enemies...Stern, AP, Zach, Hilton....the list goes on.

I disagreed with him a lot but he raised good questions about quality and was pretty neutral unlike the TPN which is run by a distributor trying to get you to buy games.

#43 3 years ago

He will be back ! Just give it time

#44 3 years ago

Not just my fav pinball pod....but my fav pod period. This sucks but thanks for the 499 man!

#45 3 years ago

Awwwww.... now I'm a sad panda

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from TonyScoots:

He will be back ! Just give it time

No he’s done with pinball podcasts. Look for him over in European Hydroplane Enthusiasts. When K leaves one hobby group, he moves on to the next thing. What I wanna know is will he own any pins one year from now?

#47 3 years ago

He’s quit several times before. We’ll see.

#48 3 years ago

I am Kaneda, I am watching.

#49 3 years ago

Nah he works in PR, not a good look to be sabotaging other companies PR. If I was his employer he wouldn’t have been given a choice, he’d be a full time podcaster about right now. He’s either lucky or really good at his day job.

#50 3 years ago

Just posted

Dear Fans,

You are all the best. Unfortunately, I have to step away from the podcast scene. This decision was actually a very easy one to make. A few people decided to go after my employer with accusations about me. My employer is amazing and fully supports me, but they do not deserve to be dragged into any pinball related issues.

I love my job, I love my friends at work and I love what I do for a living. I worked way too hard to get where I am just to have people within the pinball space try and undermine my reputation and hard work. The current climate is not one I wish to cause any additional headaches for my company. They have enough on their plate right now as I'm sure you can imagine.

I do not know specifically who did this (no it was not Aurich so please don't hurt him). Nothing I have said or done on my show justifies this behavior. Unfortunately, this is the world we live in today. A few determined cowards can ruin it for everyone else. Also, please don't blame the liberals for this, that's just weird Wear a MASK!

A few things to remember:

- I am not dead (that R.I.P. pinside thread gave me a chuckle)
    - Oktoberfest is still the worst theme ever
    - I need a break, so if I don't respond to you right now, it's not personal
    - Be good to each other

Love,

Kaneda, Brenda & Bubba

There are 77 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/k-man-rip/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.