You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ptftx3d (resized).png

#2 5 years ago

I'll give you a deal and sell you mine for half that

#3 5 years ago

10k for getaway but he'll pay 600-800 for coin op foosball tables and resell it for 1200. What a great guy

#4 5 years ago

Not the shy type of seller either

#5 5 years ago

....but how many plays does it have in the last 6 years ? Does it come with legs ? Is it Imamaculate ?

What about the dirt bag bonus ?

I'm just kidding.....as seller stated, I can SEE that it's a moneymaker

....and also, it's apparently a Racing game....

#6 5 years ago

Is it the number one prototype?

#7 5 years ago

Are recreational drugs legal up there now?

#8 5 years ago

Looks nice but its not worth a penny over $9,995

#9 5 years ago

I am totally relisting my Stargate now. I'm thinking $8,500 would be about right.

Isn't this how retail works though? Put a super high price on something, have a sale, then another discount. The customer thinks they are getting something on the cheap, meanwhile, the retailer is getting coin.

I can see this lister having a "fire sale" and letting it go for $4,300.

#10 5 years ago

We have the same guys over here, one chap have been struggling to get his 6000 USD Centaur sold (i think its still up for sale, even after like 5 months..), and then we have another guy selling a broken, reset issue plagued and "used condition" Gorgar for some 1100 USD.

#11 5 years ago

After reading so many of these laughably overpriced ads, I have to wonder what is it about pinball that attracts delusional people who cannot spell correctly.

#12 5 years ago

Nothing surprises me anymore. Stern charging $9500 (or more for a Beatles) for a pin with bogus LE marketing has emboldened sellers to ask all sorts of crazy amounts.

#13 5 years ago

Fortunately, the seller is apparently in no rush to sell ...

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Nothing surprises me anymore. Stern charging $9500 (or more for a Beatles) for a pin with bogus LE marketing has emboldened sellers to ask all sorts of crazy amounts.

Lmao

Yeah, that’s the reason people are asking crazy money for pinball machines all of a sudden starting like 8 years ago.

Man, you’d think Stern kills puppies and slaps people’s moms by the way their are in pinsiders’ heads.

#15 5 years ago

Some people do this for advertising only. (Ebay comes to mind) They do not intend to sell the game just bring attention.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Some people do this for advertising only. (Ebay comes to mind) They do not intend to sell the game just bring attention.

?
So, they don't want to actually sell the game?

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from ezelljon:

After reading so many of these laughably overpriced ads, I have to wonder what is it about pinball that attracts delusional people who cannot spell correctly.

I don’t understand it either.

It seems like almost all of these sellers come across in their ad copy as fairly loathsome people utterly lacking in self-awareness, usually with abundant “I know what I have” arrogance. Most of these sellers seem like the sort of folks I am happy to not have the displeasure of knowing personally, let alone doing 5-figures worth of business with!

Do any of these ads actually yield sales at the asking prices? Why does it seem as if “catching more flies with honey” is such a persistently elusive concept in much of the pinball realm?

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Thermionic:

Do any of these ads actually yield sales at the asking prices?

Rarely.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lmao
Yeah, that’s the reason people are asking crazy money for pinball machines all of a sudden starting like 8 years ago.
Man, you’d think Stern kills puppies and slaps people’s moms by the way their are in pinsiders’ heads.

Yeah, 8 years ago, this would have been way out of line when Stern had one price for all their machines (4K). Now that they ask 9K or more in some cases, the 10K Getaway, while still an outrage, doesn't seem like as great of one.

#20 5 years ago

What evidence made you think all was well?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Yeah, 8 years ago, this would have been way out of line when Stern had one price for all their machines (4K). Now that they ask 9K or more in some cases, the 10K Getaway, while still an outrage, doesn't seem like as great of one.

You make a great point.

Asking stupid prices for pinball machines was invented in q4 2018 when Beatles came out.

Never saw it before then!

DAMN YOU STERN!!!

#22 5 years ago

To be fair, a Stern Pro is over $8,000 NIB up here... oh wait, this is still a ripoff.

#23 5 years ago

BEWARE he does not sell often!!! grab your bargain now!

#24 5 years ago

i wonder if he would take $8500 for that sweet sweet Big Guns!?

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

What evidence made you think all was well?

Ptftx3d (resized).pngPtftx3d (resized).png
#27 5 years ago

Just wondering if this is the "2019 Unofficial Crazy Pinball Prices" thread.

#28 5 years ago

yes this and the $65,000 TZ

#29 5 years ago

Maybe I'm a bit slow, but I'm looking at it but not knowing what it will make in a busy location.

#30 5 years ago

please sell at this price, please,please, please! my getaway begs you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-when-you-thought-all-is-well-in-pinball-a-10000-getaway-?hl=budmanpinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.