(Topic ID: 113388)

Just went and picked up a Christmas gift for myself!!

By Tilt

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Whysnow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC07762.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I got a call yesterday for a service call and i was sitting around doing nothing at the time. As i am talking to the guy about what the game is doing, he said he will check on it real quick. Thats when i noticed he was at home at that time and i told him that im not doing anything right now and can run over instead of talking on the phone. He only lives 4 miles from me. I go there and see a very nice Twilight Zone. They have had the game for 17 years. It has not been plugged in for quite a few years as it quit woring. I asked him if he removed or replaced the battieries. He said "what batteries" so i was expecting to open the backbox and see a mess. Luckily it was fine with zero acid damage. I reseat everything and was able to get the game to boot. Display is out, but was able to get the game to start and play.

I explain to the guy what needs done to get the game going, ie new dmd, two flippers were very sluggish, and the approximate cost of that. (400.00.. 200 plus shipping for dmd, 90.00 for flipper rebuild kits and the rest labor)

I then explain things that i would recommend doing. shopping it out, rubbers have never been replaced, a good cleaning, and a few connectors showed signs of heat that if it were mine i would repin them. I then tell him the cost of that (600.00.. 500 for the shopping out and supplies, and 100 for repinning connectors)

He said lets go ahead and do it, that he think the grandkids would like it when they get older. I then said that if he was interested that i would make him an offer on the game as it is now. He said go ahead and make an offer, I did and he said sure, lets just sell it. So now its in my room to get the same treatments that it was going to get anyway!!!

DSC07762.JPGDSC07762.JPG
#2 9 years ago

nice Xmas score!

#3 9 years ago

Merry Christmas to you!!!
Very nice score.
Keith

#4 9 years ago

And his pinball collection grew three sizes that day.

#5 9 years ago

It's a Christmas miracle!

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It's a Christmas miracle!

If it happened yesterday, it must have been a Festivus miracle. The same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago with a Whirlwind! Congrats!

#7 9 years ago

I tried telling my wife that santa must have thought i was going to be ob the road because he left me a game in my suburban. But she busted me out on that. If i would have just waited a day to unload i might have pulled it off.

#8 9 years ago

You so, so suck, Troy.

#9 9 years ago

Congrats and you suck at the same time!

I have been searching for that TZ for a long time

Even bought an original TZ pf from some old prick in MN a while back just so some day I can find a TZ to put it in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 132.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
$ 14.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Potomac Falls, VA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 129.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Woodridge, IL

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.