(Topic ID: 199550)

Just used novus, how long before I can wax?

By guilds100

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0441 (resized).JPG
article-0-1B5655F8000005DC-797_634x340 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guilds100.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

I just used novus for the first time. Im not sure how long I should wait before applying blitz wax.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

I didn't know you had to wait any longer than required for it to dry (couple minutes). I'll be interested to see people's opinions on this.
Edit: which novus did you use?

I used novus 3, 2 and 1. I read that novus has solvents in it. I've done some guitar finishing and I know that the solvents have to flash off before going to the next stage in the finishing process.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Why not just clean the playfield with naptha prior to waxing? That should remove any surface contaminants before waxing.

I watched some head to head cleaning techniques on youtube and novus gave the best results for what I'm working on. Im on williams 78 world cup that was probably never cleaned so it needed a little extra grit. Also I did some touch up around all the inserts and the novus flatten it out nicely.

#11 6 years ago

I did wipe the novus off with a clean cloth after and didn't let it dry on the surface. I read that it had solvents in it that I can still smell on the playfield when I stick my nose to it. I used to finish guitars with lacquer and it had to pass the sniff test, no smell what so ever before continuing with the finishing process. I usually took 30 days to get to that point. I'm quite sure this wont take that long but I dont want to screw this up either. Im practicing on this machine first but I have 4 more in the hopper and want to make sure I'm doing it right.

#16 6 years ago

It passed the sniff test and I gave it a coat of wax. I forgot to ask how many coats does one apply?

#36 6 years ago

I just finished buffing off the second coat of wax. Now on to the reassembly part. I'm happy with the results and plan on using this procedure on each machine I have. This was a real pain to do but worth the effort. The blitz wax is something I've never used before and well worth the money.

#40 6 years ago

I got it all back together. It looks like a bowling alley. My cheap camera cant ever take a picture of it.

100_0441 (resized).JPG100_0441 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 130.00
Electronics
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guilds100.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-used-novus-how-long-before-i-can-wax?tu=guilds100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.