You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

301585_2603867498900_1417264310_n.jpg
20141219_183353-22.jpg
20141219_174940.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Got the game setup and played it a bit. Im fairly impressed with what spooky has done with this. Ben has done a fantastic job with the layout and code. My only surprise is not having instruction cards.

Has anyone made any for AMH?

20141219_174940.jpg20141219_174940.jpg
#2 9 years ago

Here it is setup

20141219_183353-22.jpg20141219_183353-22.jpg
#3 9 years ago

Congrats on getting your machine! Just in time for the holidays. You collection kicks ass btw.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Congrats on getting your machine! Just in time for the holidays. You collection kicks ass btw.

Thanks. I'm looking to sell 24 and SF2 if anyone is interested.

I'm digging the campy humour in AMH. This is the first nib game I've bought with finished code. That is a real shock

#5 9 years ago

Here's some custom score cards I made. Congrats!

#6 9 years ago

Nice addition. Looking good man!

-Alex

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

AMH_rules-Betelgeuse.jpg 544 KB

Oh, these are really cool. Thank you for posting.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

AMH_rules-Betelgeuse.jpg 544 KB

I've seen these and thought they were the "official" ones - nice job!

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from genex:

I've seen these and thought they were the "official" ones - nice job!

So did I! Maybe they should make them official.

#10 9 years ago

Welcome to 1 of 150 land! Your gonna love it! Unique and funny

#11 9 years ago

Charlie needs some for his site.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Welcome to 1 of 150 land! Your gonna love it! Unique and funny

How many slots are left? How quick are they coming out now?

Spooky is awesome, so glad he delivered for you guys!!!

#13 9 years ago

Looks nice. I want that game.

#14 9 years ago

Here are the official cards if you want:
The link to them is under game support.

http://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/AMH_rules-1.pdf

#15 9 years ago

Who sells the flyer?

#16 9 years ago

Congrats on your game and thanks for sharing.

Have fun it is a cool game.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

How many slots are left? How quick are they coming out now?
Spooky is awesome, so glad he delivered for you guys!!!

Call them and ask. I think they are producing at a slow and steady pace until they start Wooly. I'm glad I got mine later as it appears they fixed some of the ball hang up issues that the prototypes had.

I still have an occasional ball stuck on the hellavator ramp and behind the ghost. I think the behind the ghost can be fixed with a couple of ghost "mod type" toys.

The game is for those who want something very rare and unique. It shoots great and has very deep code. AMH does not feel as fully polished as your mass produced games. I do not want to open that discussion as its is a boutique game and certain things should be expected. If you want a rarer game that is very fun to play, then call Spooky and get one.

#18 9 years ago

If only I had the money. I played the two machines at the Chicago Expo and thought this was worthy of a purchase.

#19 9 years ago

Had it for a week and I'm really digging what Spooky has done with this game.

My biggest issue is fixing a few ball hang up spots. One area I can change the screw to a rounded one, this is by the wire form as I've had a couple of balls hang on the far left plastic.

The one hangup by the left pop bumper I get a lot. I'm kinda clueless on how to fix this. I'm hoping to just make the pop bumper more sensitive to fix.

-Henry

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

If only I had the money. I played the two machines at the Chicago Expo and thought this was worthy of a purchase.

Just say your collection and I see the way. I sold my TZ to get one.

Quoted from hank527:

Had it for a week and I'm really digging what Spooky has done with this game.
My biggest issue is fixing a few ball hang up spots. One area I can change the screw to a rounded one, this is by the wire form as I've had a couple of balls hang on the far left plastic.
The one hangup by the left pop bumper I get a lot. I'm kinda clueless on how to fix this. I'm hoping to just make the pop bumper more sensitive to fix.
-Henry

They have been so great with the software updates and seem to be addressing every issues that they can. I don't know if you can address a layout issues but I'll bet that 3d printer they have could make something to help. I just ordered so my game will be a while. I'm curious to see how it evolves between now and then.

#21 9 years ago

Congrats Henry, put my deposit in yesterday for one, can't wait!

#22 9 years ago

Congrats on the new game

Adjusted the pops to be more sensitive and it drastically cut down on that ball hang ups.
Maybe happens once every five games now.
I ordered a spring like avatar has so I'm just waiting for Marco to send it but I believe that will solve the issue. For reference the ball gets stuck on the lowest pop behind the ghost, I can always shake it out but it is pia.

#23 9 years ago

If you find new ball hang-ups send a photo and let Chuck know, he has been adding more guards as he goes along.

Update to latest code V16 and it has "machine gun" protection - meaning you can set pops super sensitive but they won't machine gun should they stick on. Should help with dialing it in.

You can also set the Pop Bumper Coil strength in the Game Menu.

#24 9 years ago

So much love for the AMH it seems and rightly so. The game is very cool. Played it for the second time this past weekend. Hats off to Ben and Charlie for a great playing machine and about the best customer service in the business. Looks as though the second half of games should sell quickly. Better get off my rear and get one ordered. Have a wonderful Christmas Team Spooky and all pinsiders.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Adjusted the pops to be more sensitive and it drastically cut down on that ball hang ups.
Maybe happens once every five games now.

I have this same issue. There's a sweet spot where the ball can just rest right against the left edge of the bottom pop bumper from time to time. I can always nudge it out or wait for a ball search, but I think a different post right there or even a different rubber ring would resolve the issue. It's in a tough spot to get to though. That's really the only place I get balls stuck. Maybe 2 or 3 times ever off of the jump ramp into the area behind the ghost.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Here it is setup

20141219_183353-22.jpg 156 KB

Looks great Hank. Can't wait to come try it out. I loved playing it at the York Show and I'm sure you have yours dialed in nicely. Merry Christmas!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have this same issue. There's a sweet spot where the ball can just rest right against the left edge of the bottom pop bumper from time to time. I can always Nudge it out or wait for a ball search, but I think a different post right there or even a different rubber ring would resolve the issue. It's in a tough spot to get to though

Star Trek pro has this same issue, it was in a spot you can't see so i fixed it by hot glue gunning a very small, torn off rounded piece of packing peanut (thanks pinball life) right in that spot. No more stuck balls. It's bouncy so the ball keeps moving you'd never notice it was there.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I have this same issue. There's a sweet spot where the ball can just rest right against the left edge of the bottom pop bumper from time to time. I can always Nudge it out or wait for a ball search, but I think a different post right there or even a different rubber ring would resolve the issue. It's in a tough spot to get to though. That's really the only place I get balls stuck. Maybe 2 or 3 times ever off of the jump ramp into the area behind the ghost.

A suggestion for the software that Ben could possible program in if balls are resting against a pop would be to program in a forced ball search.

Something like >> when in a game a player can hold the right flipper button and hit start 2x quickly and the game goes into ball search right then. Also, a smart thing would be to have pops fire first and then other coils. Since pops seem to be a hangup spot might as well fire them first as that will free most hangups. Granted hardware tweaks are better but this software suggestion is a handy thing to have.

#29 9 years ago

thanks for posting.

#30 9 years ago

Congrats on the new pin. I played it at the York show this year and I liked it. Merry Christmas.

#31 9 years ago

The left side of bottom pop stick is known problem.

Hilton idea is good but it would conflict with the anti machine gunning fix and fast pop action.

Perhaps Chuck can add a small post on next batch of PF?

Merry Christmas and stuff!

#32 9 years ago

Ben, if you are around on Sat afternoon and feel like swinging by to play hit me up. I think some people will likely stick around for a bit after the WI last chance event (probably done around 2) and you are welcome to stop over for some holiday cheer and pinball.

#33 9 years ago

you could always use one of my paranormal photos I have captured as in that spot

301585_2603867498900_1417264310_n.jpg301585_2603867498900_1417264310_n.jpg
#34 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A suggestion for the software that Ben could possible program in if balls are resting against a pop would be to program in a forced ball search.
Something like >> when in a game a player can hold the right flipper button and hit start 2x quickly and the game goes into ball search right then.

Predator has something similar to this, but a lot easier and quicker.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The left side of bottom pop stick is known problem.
Hilton idea is good but it would conflict with the anti machine gunning fix and fast pop action.
Perhaps Chuck can add a small post on next batch of PF?
Merry Christmas and stuff!

Yes this is the only thing left that is major. I changed a hex screw to a dome to fix one hang up spot. Behind the ghost I changed the nuts to a flatter and shorter nut. On the posts by the 3 bank target, I put on larger rubbers as the ball was hitting the metal.

My only real and last known issue is the hangup by the left pop bumper. I cannot seem to figure out what would fix this besides moving the post. I may try to change that post out with something else and use a fatter yellow rubber as used on BK2K.

The new code is great and fixed some glitchy issues I was seeing.

So the next question is how do I get to the video mode? 40 games in and I have not seen it

-Henry

#36 9 years ago

Really cool, I'd love to play one as soon as I can. Maybe someone will have one at the Louisville show

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

So the next question is how do I get to the video mode? 40 games in and I have not seen it

Complete WIKI, TECH and PSYCHIC with the spot targets. This lowers the ghost shield and shooting the ghost starts the video mode. I have gotten to it quite a few times.

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Complete WIKI, TECH and PSYCHIC with the spot targets. This lowers the ghost shield and shooting the ghost starts the video mode. I have gotten to it quite a few times.

Cool, I will have have to try that

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Maple Ridge, BC
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
$ 210.00
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-unpacked-amh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.