Long time member and limited poster here! Just took delivery of my second new in box machine. The first was a gb pro which i received about a week ago and had zero issues. Unfortunately, the dialed in which I was super excited for has some issues. I've checked the threads and it looks like many have experienced some little thing or another - but I'm wondering if I got one more packed with issues than most.
Before I list the issues, I'll say that once we got the machine playable - wow. Awesome. I bought it without ever seeing one in person, and I bet its a keeper.
Now, the issues:
- Side rails dented from back box laying on it. Not ridiculous dents but visible.
- The speaker noise is crazy-loud. Everyone who saw the game commented on how annoying it is. Even in standby it sounds like someone is dialing into AOL or sending a fax - non stop. The sound itself is not nearly as impressive as the gb
- The left drain roll-over is so high up the ball hangs on it sometimes. If it does roll over, the kick has already fired and the ball drains (props to the desigener tho - the game knows and initiates a ball save)
- Two of the led lights on the phone are not fully functional (missing the red)
- The programming buttons did not initially work (the wire was pulled away from the pcb in the back-box and pins slightly bent).
- The monitor bracket is bent
- The girl in the back that diverts the ball has a weak arm... it lowers during game play and blocks the ramp to the point where the game runs a ball search.
I'm going to contact jjp and see what they can help me out with - and based on what I've read it looks like they are great folks. I'll update as I get things straightened out. I'll update software as well.
As someone who has only purchased used games up until this point I have to say I thought the nib experience would be a bit better. Here's hoping I'm just another person who was initially disappointed with this game and grows to love it.
Would appreciate any comments all you experts can offer.