Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 28 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by sd_tom
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image-140.jpg
image.jpg

#1 5 years ago

I am doing a gig today for the movie "The Giver" and had a chance to talk to Jeff for a minute. I asked him if he would be doing any voice over work for TBL pinball. Jeff, as usual, prefaced with a chuckle and said I don't think so. "Is there a Big Lebowski pinball?" I said yes and showed him the picture on the TBL webpage and he chuckled again.

He may have been playing coy or more likely genuinely not aware. After all it's only pinball. I was hoping however to get some insight or a scoop if possible. No luck but maybe next time. I've worked with Jeff a few times and he's always the Dude.

image.jpg
#2 5 years ago

We're not worthy.

#3 5 years ago

That's cool, you may have started something. Stars are usually pretty interested in what their likenesses are used for.

#4 5 years ago

He's in Tron, Iron Man and TBL he is almost catching up with Arnold.

#5 5 years ago

Who's legs are those ?

#6 5 years ago

Or now he will send his agent after money he wasn't getting and it puts the project on hold lol...

#7 5 years ago

What you should have said is "there's a crew making a big lebowski pinball machine and they'd be thrilled if you would be willing to record some custom voice parts for it, here's their contact info"

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's cool, you may have started something. Stars are usually pretty interested in what their likenesses are used for.

Yeah. I was surprised he wasn't aware. Jeff is very much into TBL and even has props from the movie at his place in Montecito.

#9 5 years ago

Bridges is a cool down to Earth guy. You can tell fame and fortune doesn't go totally to his head. More stars should be like him.

#10 5 years ago

Really good job in 'Crazy Heart' or course also 'King Kong' was great when I was a kid.

#11 5 years ago

Cool story would have said pic or didn't happen but you had that covered..

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

I figured that would happen which is why I included that crappy pic.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from nasco62:

Then again, there are plenty here who could vouch for Kevin and the work he does, making the story not at all surprising.

Thanks for posting Kevin. Would have been even cooler if he told you "hell yes, I'm looking forward to recording the custom voice work for that pin"!

#14 5 years ago

"On a warm summer's eve,
On a train bound for nowhere..."

Just kidding - love the Dude. Go Tron!

#16 5 years ago

Wow! Somebody is going to be pissed when Bridges' agent gets on the google and makes some calls on Monday.

#17 5 years ago

They have the license from universal and also in talking to dutch pinball guys they said before they released the trans light they had to get approvals from the actors pictured (one of them was taking a long time to get back to them). So, if he doesn't know about it then he's delegated it to someone.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

So, if he doesn't know about it then he's delegated it to someone.

His agent should have known about it.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Maybe he/she does?

As a related note I saw an interview with john Goodman recently and he said while he likes the movie, he doesn't make much off of it anymore at all

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I figured that would happen which is why I included that crappy pic.

The rug really brings the room together!

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Maybe he/she does?
As a related note I saw an interview with john Goodman recently and he said while he likes the movie, he doesn't make much off of it anymore at all

Then they should do a sequel, TBL 2, The dude abides again.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Then they should do a sequel, TBL 2, The dude abides again.

-1,000,000... NEVER

#23 5 years ago

I hope they do a full movie about Jesus

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

He may have been playing coy or more likely genuinely not aware. After all it's only pinball. I was hoping however to get some insight or a scoop if possible. No luck but maybe next time. I've worked with Jeff a few times and he's always the Dude.

I would kind of be surprised he doesn't know as well since DP has noted they are donating money to his charity for every order and I have heard he is very active in it. I hope he does some voice work for the game, would be amazing to have some custom The Dude speech in the game.

http://www.nokidhungry.org/tags/jeff-bridges

#25 5 years ago

You have some nice legs Kevin

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

They did, it's called "The Passion of the Christ"

#27 5 years ago

I want to see the one where nobody fucks with the jesus

image-140.jpg
#28 5 years ago

Anyone remember the movie 'Nadine' with him and Kim Bassinger? One of my favorite Jeff Bridges movies. It's corny, but he is one of my favorite actors.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Will the TBL Jesus movie have flashback of him exposing himself to 8 year olds?
He is a PEDERAST.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Then again, there are plenty here who could vouch for Kevin and the work he does, making the story not at all surprising.
Thanks for posting Kevin. Would have been even cooler if he told you "hell yes, I'm looking forward to recording the custom voice work for that pin"!

That's the response I was hoping for. Maybe the conversation will spark some interest? Here's to a long-shot.

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I read that John Turturro wants to and kept buggin' the Coens about it, but they weren't feeling it. They're not really seuquel/prequel type of filmmakers.

#34 5 years ago

ehh, I was invited to his house for a BBQ back in 2008. I got a serious case of the flu the night before... Haunts me every time I hear his name. I say to myself, I could have had a steak with the dude. Will haunt me for the rest of my life.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Anyone remember the movie 'Nadine' with him and Kim Bassinger? One of my favorite Jeff Bridges movies. It's corny, but he is one of my favorite actors.

One of my favorites is Thunderbolt and Lightfoot with Clint Eastwood and the Kid.
Check it out!!!

#36 5 years ago

It's awesome that you got to talk to him for a bit. He sounds very laid back and down to Earth.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'm sure he has a small army of supporting players operating Jeff Bridges Inc. All kinds of people handling royalties and residuals for all sorts of stuff. Very probable he does not know every detail about what is going on.

I would suggest though, that if the license fee was say $50k for the whole thing with Universal, it would be a good investment to throw another $50k at Jeff for an afternoon of his voice work.

$100k all-in across 1000 machines is 100 bucks each machine to cover the license including custom voice work.

#38 5 years ago

This game really doesn't need a lot of custom sound though. Plus, in this game it may break theme a bit too much if there were overt jackpot callouts and all that. I am more worried about the soundtrack I guess then this.. If hypothetically you have only money to persue one or the other, sound track is more important on this title.

#39 5 years ago

They already have that "stranger" sound alike they've used in their promo video, could probably be a reasonable voice for the additional callouts needed.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

They already have that "stranger" sound alike they've used in their promo video, could probably be a reasonable voice for the additional callouts needed.

Yeah and the stranger seems more appropriate for specific game stuff since he's the narrator anyway. Actual Sam Elliot would be cool but the sound alike was close enough I think

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Francisco, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 3.70
$ 21.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside