(Topic ID: 161892)

Just swell! Connector fell off!

By epbrown1967

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
    #1 7 years ago

I was changing out fuses and pulled connectors off gently, and the wire popped right out of this connector! It is so damn small, any idea how to get this back in and crimped down??

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#2 7 years ago

That's a connector? It looks kinda like a french toast stick.

#3 7 years ago

Lol. I thought it was a carpet fiber. Use tweezers to hold it?

#4 7 years ago

Looks like a dogs chew toy.

#5 7 years ago

Looks like a Molex .156 connector cut off from a multi connector used as a single pin connector. In the field we would carry a few different sizes of the connector bodies and cut them with a hacksaw to fit the typical burnt connector on Bally Rectifier boards.

#6 7 years ago

How about a bit more info... like what machine and where this connector was located?

#7 7 years ago

It's probably time to replace the whole connector properly. That sawed-off portion of the connector was likely a common hack.

#8 7 years ago

Hack? Cutting a connector was a common repair procedure in the field to keep machines in the field up and running to bring in money. Otherwise , there would be no money to pay employees.

Many of these ideas, including soldering wires to test points on Bally Rectifier Boards to bypass burnt connectors & pins, were taught at the Bally service schools.

#9 7 years ago

I still only carry the longest connector housings I can find; trim them with a utility knife to the correct size. Perfect field repair.

#10 7 years ago

You kept pins in a field ? No wonder they needed to be repaired!

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

You kept pins in a field ? No wonder they needed to be repaired!

Nice!

#12 7 years ago

Is the pin is still attached to the wire? If so you can stick it back in for now till you can get it repaired properly.

#13 7 years ago

I did put it back in and sound board came alive!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-swell-connector-fell-off and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.