Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beaumistim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geteos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

My work rented a Ghostbusters Pro for a week during our Xmas slowdown and I got super hooked on it. I've always wanted to buy a pin since I grew up in the 90's playing pinball at arcades. Now I'm finally in a position to be able to pick one up, my wife has given me the go ahead and I've built a climate controlled garage to house them.

My budget is 7-8k CDN and I'm torn between spending all of it on a newer table (thinking Tron or TSPP) or maybe buying two older tables (JD, Hollywood Heat, Getaway:HS2).

I'm basically trying to get the longest term playability/depth for my buck. Thoughts?

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

It depends on if your going to learn to fix your own games.
    If so I would start with some early ss Bally and Williams games first.

Definitely something I'm willing to do.

I'm a mechanical engineer and am pretty handy with a soldering iron and a multimeter. Also have a 3D printer so I can copy/print some basic parts.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from dr_nybble:

Check http://pinballrevolution.com/ to hook up with the local supply!

Yup, I posted a WTB on there, had a couple offers, but haven't bit on anything yet.

#20 5 years ago

Went and picked up a JP today from an estate sale. Looks like a HUO machine as the person bought it with the house 10 years ago. All original. It’s my first time moving a machine, holy crap are they heavy! Just fit inside my dad’s forester too. Phew can’t wait to get it all setup! First mods recommendations?

#25 5 years ago

Yea, I was close to breaking my budget looking at NIB machines, but after reading all ththe comments I felt that getting 2 machines would be a better choice. I paid 3500cdn for the JP, so now I have 3500 left for the 2nd machine. Also now I’m not in a rush to buy since I have a machine to play and work on.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider geteos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-starting-out-what-should-i-get?tu=geteos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.