Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Beaumistim
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 5 years ago

With your budget I would try and go for two pins. One pin set up is tough, sometimes a pin is just a bitch and you can't get anything to go on it. Being able to just go, ok your shit today lets try this one right next to you. That one will play like a dream. When you stuck on one it can be frustrating. No matter how great a pin is they tend to multiply so its good to have a little reserve in the pin fund.

Don't be afraid of an older pin as far as maintenance I find a pin is a pin and they all require about the same amount of tuning and tweaking. So long as its in decent shape your probably safe. Overall they are very reliable.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from Geteos:

Went and picked up a JP today from an estate sale. Looks like a HUO machine as the person bought it with the house 10 years ago. All original. It’s my first time moving a machine, holy crap are they heavy! Just fit inside my dad’s forester too. Phew can’t wait to get it all setup! First mods recommendations?

Great first pin, it was mine as well. It’s big I think heavier than your average pin. Two great diy mods are lighting the back of the playfield and lighting the Trex scoop.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darscot.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-starting-out-what-should-i-get?tu=Darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.