ramp_009.jpg
ramp_002.jpg
ramp_003.jpg
ramp_004.jpg
ramp_006.jpg
ramp_008.jpg
ramp_007.jpg
20140413_231132_zpsvgshjohy.jpg
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Holy shit what a rush.... I've never done it before but it felt like the game couldn't keep up and said 30 million so many times it was ridiculous. I always wondered how people managed to put up such huge high scores on the game. Now I know. 30 million a pop ain't too shabby.

#2 10 years ago

THIR TEE MILLION!

Someone had to do it. Nice work, by the way. I've never managed to do it, and I know exactly what I'm doing.

#3 10 years ago

Until you get all three stacked, you don't know what all the hype is about with this game.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

always wondered how people managed to put up such huge high scores on the game. Now I know. 30 million a pop ain't too shabby.

Double castle jackpot during the triple stack.

#5 10 years ago

Yeah, it's awesome. Nice job!

"THIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRTYYYYYYY MIILLLLLLLIIIOOONNN!!!!!!"

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Double castle jackpot during the triple stack.

You can actually triple it. 480 Million on one shot is insane.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

You can actually triple it. 480 Million on one shot is insane.

I thought you could but I checked a write up online and they only mentioned the double. I'll have to research further on my machine.

#8 10 years ago

How do you double it?

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How do you double it?

You have to collect it a second time with all three multiballs running. I believe tripling it you have to collect the castle jackpot a third time in the same round.

Bowen could clarify that.

http://papa.org/2012/12/03/bram-stokers-dracula-tutorial/

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

How do you double it?

start castle multiball and shoot two balls up the castle ramp before collecting it at the jackpot hole. I don't know how to triple it, don't think it's possible as i took the glass off to see if i've been missing out on the triple the whole time i've owned the game.

#11 10 years ago

I got the triple stack today too ! Only the second time ever while owning this game ! Loooove the thirty million callout !

#12 10 years ago

done it twice on my BSD. Serious points!!!!!!!!!!

#13 10 years ago

I always go "Bah" when people call it a one trick pony. Stacking all 3 and cashing them in is one of the best feelings in pinball! Killing Drac at the coffin while collecting castle jackpots is amazing. So hard to do it all. Best game ever.

#14 10 years ago

fun fun fun good times

#15 10 years ago

awesome call outs and sound when you start rocking the triple multiball. one of the best rushes in pinball, imo

#16 10 years ago

Another game I miss big time!

Enjoy it way more than MM for example..

#17 10 years ago

I too just did it for the second time the other day. The first time I got it I almost broke a billion.The high score is still 990 million. Is everyone using the shorter lightning flippers.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I always go "Bah" when people call it a one trick pony. Stacking all 3 and cashing them in is one of the best feelings in pinball! Killing Drac at the coffin while collecting castle jackpots is amazing. So hard to do it all. Best game ever.

And it's *not* just a one-trick pony, although the side show is kind of linked to the main stage, if you will.

Bats and Rats really do have a major role to play in high scoring games if you play it right, but, of course, playing them right means that you're playing them *during* multiball that's stacked three high. Scoring gets...a bit buggy with them, let's just say.

But I love the rush of getting all three going. It's a terrific *battle* machine, and that left ramp shot is just so satisfying to nail, loop, and yes (for the courageous): even backhand. Few things feel better than backhanding that monster.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

..... Is everyone using the shorter lightning flippers.

Yes, i am, but was thinking about trying regulars .... the game was originaly designed for regulars.
Don't want to change them permantly....just to try if it makes a difference in the shotlayout.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

I too just did it for the second time the other day. The first time I got it I almost broke a billion.The high score is still 990 million. Is everyone using the shorter lightning flippers.

Got to use lightning flippers - they are BSD.

All this talk is making me think I gotta buy another!

#21 10 years ago

Mine had regular flippers on it when I got it and set at a really shallow pitch. The first thing I did was mount the lightning flippers on it and jack up the back legs. I had the machine set at 7 degrees but have since lowered it to 6.5 because I was having a problem where the ball would have this wicked backspin out of the inlane into the outlane when the upkicker would put the ball into the left habitrail. I just lowered the pitch and tweak the habitrail position to center the ball drop better. Now I have an issue where if I loop multiple ramps in a row and the diverter puts the ball on the center habitrail the ball is going so fast that it just jumps out and messes up my bats score since the ball isn't delivered to the pops. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm not even sure how I'd slow the ball down in this scenario.

#22 10 years ago

Great job! Fantastic game and I believe still highly underrated.

If that game is dialed in it is such a beautiful beast.

#23 10 years ago

I wonder if the switch is just too stiff and it's causing the ball to leap out. I'm usually so far in the heat of the game I can't tell.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Now I have an issue where if I loop multiple ramps in a row and the diverter puts the ball on the center habitrail the ball is going so fast that it just jumps out and messes up my bats score since the ball isn't delivered to the pops. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm not even sure how I'd slow the ball down in this scenario.

Never had that issue... the ball will get diverted to the center when it's going fast only if Bats or Castle Lock are ready. Otherwise the ball has to be moving slowly enough to drop into the center trail.

What I have had happen is the ball returning so fast down the left ramp return that it jumps over the end of the ramp straight into the drain (over the right flipper).

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Mine had regular flippers on it when I got it and set at a really shallow pitch. The first thing I did was mount the lightning flippers on it and jack up the back legs. I had the machine set at 7 degrees but have since lowered it to 6.5 because I was having a problem where the ball would have this wicked backspin out of the inlane into the outlane when the upkicker would put the ball into the left habitrail. I just lowered the pitch and tweak the habitrail position to center the ball drop better. Now I have an issue where if I loop multiple ramps in a row and the diverter puts the ball on the center habitrail the ball is going so fast that it just jumps out and messes up my bats score since the ball isn't delivered to the pops. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm not even sure how I'd slow the ball down in this scenario.

Been reading about foam what can be installed inside scoops to slow a ball down on impact. Killing the momentum.
The diverter is in the air, and drops when it has to, a little strip of foam would not interfear with anything .... i would try such a possible solution

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Thor-NL:

Been reading about foam what can be installed inside scoops to slow a ball down on impact. Killing the momentum.

I might try this. What kind of foam? Like the stuff you put behind a target?

#28 10 years ago

Great Job! BSD is one of the most underrated games. Some people get really upset as it can be so brutal with the outlanes and the lightning flippers. I knew a guy who sold it because he could not take it anymore..now he misses it.

#29 10 years ago

Triple stacking in BSD offers probably the most satisfying sound package in pinball. Such a great game.

#30 10 years ago

Hi, I need some help. I just finished reassembling my BSD after a complete tear down of the upper PF.

After reassembling everything im having a problem with the R ramp. The ball hits it so hard whats happening is the ball smacks against the top plastic covering the opening and drops back onto the PF..everytime. Obviously its something I did but I cant figure it out. The three post back there are all in the correct spot, the two ramps are very level and close together, seems like a smooth transition. It needs some adjusting, I just cant figure it out.

Thanks for looking

20140413_231132_zpsvgshjohy.jpg20140413_231132_zpsvgshjohy.jpg

#31 10 years ago

Put some small spacers between the plastic cover and the ramp so it sits higher above the ramp.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Wickedbass:

Hi, I need some help. I just finished reassembling my BSD after a complete tear down of the upper PF.
After reassembling everything im having a problem with the R ramp. The ball hits it so hard whats happening is the ball smacks against the top plastic covering the opening and drops back onto the PF..everytime. Obviously its something I did but I cant figure it out. The three post back there are all in the correct spot, the two ramps are very level and close together, seems like a smooth transition. It needs some adjusting, I just cant figure it out.
Thanks for looking

20140413_231132_zpsvgshjohy.jpg 79 KB

I should be able to send you some pictures of that area in a couple hours.

#33 10 years ago

On mine that plastic 'lib' is bend slightly downwards, hanging over the lift.

#34 10 years ago

Would these help? (My BSD is a players BSD; sorry about the crappiness of the plastics & the dirt)

EDIT TO ADD: After looking at your pics and mine, it seems the metal ball guide on the right side of the ramp is outside of the plastic on yours... and inside on mine. (Really highlights how DIRTY my machine is. Yikes!)

Maybe try to get that ball guide to match up flush with the upper ramp edge... (not that you didn't try that already).

ramp_007.jpgramp_007.jpg
ramp_008.jpgramp_008.jpg
ramp_006.jpgramp_006.jpg
ramp_004.jpgramp_004.jpg
ramp_003.jpgramp_003.jpg
ramp_002.jpgramp_002.jpg
ramp_009.jpgramp_009.jpg
ramp_001.jpgramp_001.jpg

#35 10 years ago

Thanks for the replys everyone,

Im sorry I totally post this in the wrong thread...so many BSD threads

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from MXV:

Put some small spacers between the plastic cover and the ramp so it sits higher above the ramp.

What MXV said. I had a look at mine and I have spacers between the ramp and the plastic cover. It sounds like the ball is going up the ramp and probably chattering there between the ramp and the shield.

#37 10 years ago

Congrat's on yr Great game fattdirk ,, What's yr High Score on BSD ? It's rare that I capture an Awesome game play on BSD , but 1 Sat- a Few mth's back , brother member Kneissl was up from SC and i started film- him 1/2 way thru on my BSD .. It's Worth watch-n cause in the Heat of Multi-ball you don't notice All the Effect's & images on the DMD .. Especially when the Vamp- chicks appear and U kill them

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Holy shit what a rush.... I've never done it before but it felt like the game couldn't keep up and said 30 million so many times it was ridiculous. I always wondered how people managed to put up such huge high scores on the game. Now I know. 30 million a pop ain't too shabby.

Have you installed the playfield glass yet?

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Especially when the Vamp- chicks appear and U kill them

that face melting accompanied with the scream is epic. My son got to see that the first day i had the machine. He immediately left the room. In his defense, he was only 6 at the time.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Congrat's on yr Great game fattdirk ,, What's yr High Score on BSD ? It's rare that I capture an Awesome game play on BSD

I ended up with 1.7 billion for my game where I stacked the multi balls. Can't duplicate it though. I wish I could do it on command like Bowen does!!

Quoted from Solder_Splash:

Have you installed the playfield glass yet?

Do I need to come over and teach you how to destroy the ring on your game or are you going to reset the high scores when I leave again

#41 10 years ago

Dirk,
Bet that game would look nice pimped out with some red superbands.
I was going to put a set of red ones on my ES but I can't seem to find them now.
Did I leave them at your place?

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Solder_Splash:

Dirk,
Bet that game would look nice pimped out with some red superbands.
I was going to put a set of red ones on my ES but I can't seem to find them now.
Did I leave them at your place?

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

the ball on the center habitrail the ball is going so fast that it just jumps out

yes...happens to me every once in a while. usually after a fresh coat of wax and the game is playing even faster than normal

#44 10 years ago

Great, this makes me want to wax mine and put some time on it this weekend!

3 weeks later
#45 9 years ago

Last night I finally hit the triple multiball. I started up the mist ball and then quickly started coffin. I had a few good shots into the coffin, before losing three of my balls quickly... luckily, castle lock was lit and the fourth ball was flying down the right side. A quick right-left double flip sent a very lucky backhand right up the loop to barely begin the triple multiball.

That 3x light was shining at me, tempting me with the promise of big money and big prizes. Suddenly, it happens... THIIRRTYYY MIII {TILT} ...

Post edited by rudygulp42: accidently a words

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from rudygulp42:

Last night I finally hit the triple multiball. I started up the mist ball and then quickly started coffin. I had a few good shots into the coffin, before losing three of my balls quickly... luckily, castle lock was lit and the fourth ball was flying down the right side. A quick right-left double flip sent a very lucky backhand right up the loop to barely begin the triple multiball.
That 3x light was shining at me, tempting me with the promise of big money and big prizes. Suddenly, it happens... THIIRRTYYY MIII {TILT} ...

Post edited by rudygulp42: accidently a words

NICE!!
I've had my BSD for a couple weeks now and still haven't even gotten double multiball... let alone triple! Awesome pin for sure. My high score is a measly 220 million.

Anyone use any sort of protection on the shooter lane drop area? I'm hesitant to use mylar and was thinking that removable plastic "mylar" stuff... Anyone?

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

NICE!!
I've had my BSD for a couple weeks now and still haven't even gotten double multiball... let alone triple! Awesome pin for sure. My high score is a measly 220 million.
Anyone use any sort of protection on the shooter lane drop area? I'm hesitant to use mylar and was thinking that removable plastic "mylar" stuff... Anyone?

Our house [Read: mostly my wife and I] have sunk about 500 games already in two weeks and my highest so far is a 753mil. I'll have to be cleaning it in a couple weeks is my guess, I might be adding some type of protective mylar for the drop then. I remember reading on the BSD member thread that there is like a super thin film that helps it. I think i'm against mylar though... the few tables I play on location with it normally affect the trajectory too much.

#48 9 years ago

Was thinking about these:

http://pinballpal.com/stealth/#Playfield

Kinda like removable mylar. I'd get the 8x11'' sheet and cut to fit. I also wonder about the pop bumper area.. gets a lot of abuse.

#49 9 years ago

Mine came with a mylar in the pop area. It is a good idea to protect whats left of Tom Waits face.

#50 9 years ago

hmm..maybe mine did too. Haven't even looked really.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RudeDogg Customs

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 53 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-stacked-all-three-multi-balls-on-bsd-for-the-first-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.