DSC_2690.JPG
DSC_2689.JPG
P1040906.JPG
P1050199.JPG
RampMetal.JPG
DSC_2651.JPG
no_fear1_016.jpg
no_fear1_003.jpg
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 12 years ago

Rather than taking pics, i decided to just show the pins off in action.
The Congo vid isnt the complete game cuzz my stupid camera just films 5 mins in high quality. and i just found that out after the game was over
(all lights on Congo are LEDs)

#2 12 years ago

Great looking Congo! Cannot wait for my cointaker kit to arrive. Really makes the game shine.

#3 12 years ago

I've only played Congo a Few play's at a Friend's house 3 yr's ago.. Look Good tho..

#4 12 years ago

Looking good. How are your magnets working in NF? During the skydive challenge the "Jump Now" light is on but it keep sending the balls down the right return...it should be sending them up the accelerator right?

EDIT: I've also never even seen a Congo...would love to play one.

#5 12 years ago

great looking machines.

#6 12 years ago

Looks to be in great condition thanks for posting the vids!! Congo sure looks great with LEDs installed. I've been pondering selling my Congo to fund another machine I've been after for a while but haven't made up my mind yet. This pinball addiction makes up make some tough/rash decisions sometimes.

#7 12 years ago

nice videos.

On your Congo, can you control the upper and lower flipper separately? For example, press the flipper button in halfway to flip the lower, then all the way in to flip both?

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

On your Congo, can you control the upper and lower flipper separately? For example, press the flipper button in halfway to flip the lower, then all the way in to flip both?

my Congo doesn't seem to allow for it or is not adjusted correctly. Other games I've had with leaf switches allowed for separate control.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

This pinball addiction makes up make some tough/rash decisions sometimes.

"

It's like "Sophie's Choice" sometimes.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

It's like "Sophie's Choice" sometimes.

Hahaa, yea a no win situation sometimes for sure. Just took a look at your collection wow some great machines!

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Looking good. How are your magnets working in NF? During the skydive challenge the "Jump Now" light is on but it keep sending the balls down the right return...it should be sending them up the accelerator right?

the magnets are working good, but still you need to do a good shot. just sending the ball up it is not enough. i guess that is the same on all no fears.

Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Looks to be in great condition thanks for posting the vids!! Congo sure looks great with LEDs installed. I've been pondering selling my Congo to fund another machine I've been after for a while but haven't made up my mind yet. This pinball addiction makes up make some tough/rash decisions sometimes.

do NOT sell your Congo!! ever!!!!

Quoted from JesseB:

nice videos.

not on Congo. but i can do that on No Fear. I guess with those leaf switches installed you can do it?
anyway, i dont see much advantage there on Congo. On No Fear yes, when you are on multiball and have both balls traped on the flipeprs and one on the jump... but that is only in theory.. lol

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

the magnets are working good, but still you need to do a good shot. just sending the ball up it is not enough. i guess that is the same on all no fears.

Hmmm...I'll have to take a look at mine tonight. I just probably never noticed it.

#13 12 years ago

Nice video of Congo! You have some long ball times, and nice control!

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Strange my machine isn't like that at all. I wonder if it's because i have 1 new magnet?

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

hassanchop said:

Strange my machine isn't like that at all. I wonder if it's because i have 1 new magnet?

hmmmm..... maybe your machine is the one that is right?
on all No Fears i played, the jump shot was a not that easy shot. maybe because all of them were a few years old...
or maybe you play very good? or maybe i need new magnets?
do you have the chance to make a vid of yours?... i wanna know if i need new magnets :s
witch magnet did you replaced?

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I noticed that, the jump now is flashing but the mags are not working in the beginning of the vid but it looks like they are at the end?
Something going on there for sure, mine always goes up to the jump ramp when that light is flashing.

#17 12 years ago

I'd like to claim that it's easy because I'm so good But I tried hitting it from the left flipper and the magnets carried it around to the upper flipper. I'm pretty sure the one I replaced was the right magnet.
When I bought the machine only 1 magnet was plugged in. So I did a bunch of stuff and found 1 mag dead, got a new one and plugged them all in. Before I got this one I hadn't played NF in over a decade so I have no idea which one is "right" or if there is a correct way. I'm always just looking extra close now since it took a lot of time to take that damn ramp & magnets off

I'll get around to making a vid of it and posting soon. In the meantime I need to review BRs NF video again.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

JesseB said:On your Congo, can you control the upper and lower flipper separately? For example, press the flipper button in halfway to flip the lower, then all the way in to flip both?
my Congo doesn't seem to allow for it or is not adjusted correctly. Other games I've had with leaf switches allowed for separate control.

Odd thing, I put mine back together last night and was going through the switch test before I buttoned it back up. In the switch test if you hold the left flipper in half way it registers just the lower flipper, all the way in it registers upper and lower, but in gameplay I haven't been able to do that. Must be a software issue? Wonder if some one could reprogram the ROM?

#19 12 years ago

I'll tell you the weird part I'm seeing. @ 1:30 - 1:40 during the water ski challenge, the jump now light is lit, which is the way mine works. BUT when you hit the ramp I think I'm hearing the magnets avtivate to send it to the left trail. This is not the way mine works at all, i just tried this during the water ski event during my lunch break.
So now we need tracelifter to try the water ski event and see what happens. We've really invented a mystery here!

Different Roms? I don't know much about the ROM history...pretty sure I have 2.2?

#20 12 years ago

hassanchop said:

Even on weak shots if the ball makes it to the mag then it should go up the ramp if the jump now is flashing.
Looks like he may have an intermittent short, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.
Mine rips it to the flipper and each time it goes around it goes faster, by the 3rd time it is hard to even get a piece of it.
My game is a HEP restore with a CC PF and plays a lot faster than other NF's I have played.

If you remove the black screw at the top of the skull the whole head moves on the jaw hinge when he talks, very cool effect.

no_fear1_003.jpgno_fear1_003.jpg no_fear1_016.jpgno_fear1_016.jpg

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

If you remove the black screw at the top of the skull the whole head moves on the jaw hinge when he talks, very cool effect.

Thanks I'll give it a try. Looks like Hassanchop's Skull isn't working. Time to get in there and fix that tiny coil!

EDIT: Tracelifter, watch that video and see if you hear the magnets activate around 1:35 or if I'm confusing something...that doesn't seem right to me.

EDIT2: reminder to self: fix NF mountain this weekend.

#22 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'll tell you the weird part I'm seeing. @ 1:30 - 1:40 during the water ski challenge, the jump now light is lit, which is the way mine works. BUT when you hit the ramp I think I'm hearing the magnets avtivate to send it to the left trail. This is not the way mine works at all, i just tried this during the water ski event during my lunch break.
So now we need tracelifter to try the water ski event and see what happens. We've really invented a mystery here!
Different Roms? I don't know much about the ROM history...pretty sure I have 2.2?

Water ski shoot the tube for more time and bigger points, if the jump now is lit the mags pull it to the top, if not then they stop it and return it to the left wire form.
Pretty sure it works the same in all modes.
I wonder if the skull coil and the mags are on the same row since the skull isn't working either?
There is definitely something wrong with that game, if jump now is flashing the ball should go to the jump ramp flipper every time.
My game is running on 2.3A roms.

#23 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

When I bought the machine only 1 magnet was plugged in. So I did a bunch of stuff and found 1 mag dead, got a new one and plugged them all in.

Watch the mag that was unplugged, that driver may be locked on and that is why it was unplugged.
I would hate to see you melt the ramp.
Have you checked the mags in test?
Go into test, coil and listen, they should pulse on off.

#24 12 years ago

Don't worry the ramp is already pretty melted. It was routed and obviously one mag was dead so they unplugged 2 for some reason. Other one worked fine, replaced 3rd and good as new.

Now as for Hassanchop...this all started with you posting some videos of your awesome machines, but now it is an Intervention

So are all mags working in coil test mode?
Run an accelerator test and lightly toss a ball up there...as soon as it hits mad 1 is should grab it and easily fling it up the ramp.
Do you know why the skull isn't moving?

Don't worry too much. you'll have plenty of time to fix things since you're gunna have to take the ramp off to get to the skull or magnets.

#25 12 years ago

i only get the ball into the upper pf when i get a good shot. in the beggining of the vid i miss it all times, because they were not good shoots. at the end of the vid i was starting to hit it right.

when the jump light is not on, the magnets clearly stop the ball. and you hear a big noise. i looked closer and you dont have it on the vid.

at 1:30, the sound you hear are the magnets trying to push the ball up, but the ball didnt have enough speed for it.
a month ago or so i turned all the magnets off to see if that was normal, and it became impossible to get the ball to the upper pf. so that is why i thought they were good.

by your comments, it is clear that i have a problem on my nf.
i will test the mags as soon as i have the time and will post the results here.

i turned off the jaw on the rom options cuzz the noise of the coil is bigger than the skull's voice hahahahaha yes, i play my pins on level 2 on the volume....

#26 12 years ago

Ok cool. Yeah i saw your thread about sound dampening your congo so I should have known it was for sound issues.

That's the sound of them trying to get the ball up the ramp...interesting. I usually don;t ask this of men I just meet, but are your balls special or anything? Or just normal balls? Trying to figure out something cheap as those mags are like $28 a pop in America.

#27 12 years ago

great congo. love the game.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's the sound of them trying to get the ball up the ramp...interesting. I usually don;t ask this of men I just meet, but are your balls special or anything? Or just normal balls? Trying to figure out something cheap as those mags are like $28 a pop in America.

lol my balls i think they are ok. they are the same as in Congo. standard..
yeah i will test the mags and if one is bad, here is about 30 eur :S
will post the results asap

#29 12 years ago

ok tests done.
first you can see on the image in atach, that the ramp has a metal guide on the area of the magnets. dont know if that is suposed to be there or if it is a mod.

on the tests, the magnets seem to work very well. with a lot of strenght in pushing the ball up.
VIDEO 1, a test with the pf in place:

VIDEO 2, a test with the pf pulled out. the ball getting back on the right is me to start another test:

i noticed that the "accel. dificulty" was set to medium. then i change it to easy and played a little.
VIDEO 3, you can hear the magnets stoping the ball on purpose on min 1:50
crappy shots like the ones in min 1:30, the ball goes into the area of the magnets, but seems that there isnt enough strenght to push it to the right. this is strange because on the tests, the ball was pushed nicely, even when the ball was stopped on the magnets...

DSC_2651.JPGDSC_2651.JPG

#30 12 years ago

Hmmm...ok I'll need to run some tests on mine. Of course the weird metal plate that isn't supossed to be over the magnets probably isn't helping. It should just be all plastic ramp. I didn't know that when i got mine and someone had taped a metal plate onto it.

#31 12 years ago

It was probably an attempt to protect the ramp. That obviously didn't work, but don't worry, it's not protected without the metal either. If you can't continually make jumps once you get that timing down, there's an issue on the ramp and it needs to be replaced.

I do need a replacement but it's still only cosmetic at this point. It will eventually burn to the level of being more than cosmetic unless someone knows a fix for this?

Also, I've found there are no suppliers for THIS replacement ramp. It was remade but they have all been used and burned as well. All other plastics and ramps are around and can be found.

#32 12 years ago

hmmm..... so that metal plate isnt suposed to be there.. ok.
and yours had one too? did you take it off?

maybe mine has that because the ramp was burned..

#33 12 years ago

yes, the ramp doesnt exist in shops anymore
but if it burns anyway, then the metal must be there..

#34 12 years ago

Mine never had the metal, I'm just saying that it doesn't help either way. Are there other machines with magnets burning plastics? WCS? TOTAN? TOM?

I'm interested to see if anything can be done about this design flaw, outside of going to the switches and turning off the magnets, which I'm not going to do!

#35 12 years ago

Are you a rated player somewhere? Those shots looked pretty good to me, especially using the cradle for the multiball and high percentage on the ramps. Your game looks great!

#36 12 years ago

Mine had a metal plate on it, but it was just taped on, yours seems to be riveted on. I thought it was an original part until another owner told me it wasn't. Anyway,I took it off and the ramp worked better, even though it's a touch melted. Doesn't seem to do any harm so it's fine by me.

I noticed i replaced the middle magnet by the way.

OK so here we have a close up of a lightly tossed the ball and the magnets scoop it up.
Other video you can see the shot can be made using the left flipper, and again a slow ball thrown up there will grab it. Crappy quality but i just wanted to upload them quick.

Ramp available
http://www.pinballinc.com/ramps/NoFearJumpRamp.html
http://www.littleshopofgames.com/Games/nofear.html RampMetal.JPGRampMetal.JPG

EDIT: Added pic

#37 12 years ago

So really i think what I'm seeing is just weak magnets. It's good that the machine seems to be working correctly and stopping the ball when it should.

Here i took a vid with the PF pulled up like yours...you can see how much stronger mine move the ball

#38 12 years ago

I'm picking up on of these machines on Sunday... Ooh, a mystery.

Thanks for sharing.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I'm picking up on of these machines on Sunday... Ooh, a mystery.

Nice! Well now you know you have to check the magnets for sure. Also make sure the skull works.

#40 12 years ago

that is a strong push on the ball!!
clearly my magnets are way weaker.
in your machine, the jump shot is much easier to make.. damn i want one like that hahahah
thnks for the tests.

what i am gonna do now is test if the magnets feel the same strenght, holding the ball with my hand. and try to figure out if one of them is weaker.
then i am gonna remove the ramp to remove the metal plate and see if the ramp is ok :S
and then i will see if a new magnet is needed. 35 eur here..gulp!!

on the vid where you shoot the jump with the left flipper, do you have the metal plate on?
or you removed it and never put it back in?

#41 12 years ago
Quoted from Loupie:

Are you a rated player somewhere? Those shots looked pretty good to me, especially using the cradle for the multiball and high percentage on the ramps. Your game looks great!

no tournaments here.. never been to one.
i would love to go to one to get some hehehehehe
guess someday i will have to go to germany or the uk just for that.

#42 12 years ago

I do not have the plate on there. I didn't know if it was going to be ok without it but it's just fine. Taking this picture I realized there was still some tape on there so I cleaned that up after.

P1050199.JPGP1050199.JPG

#43 12 years ago

yeah looks cool without the metal plate. mine will have the holes of the screws, but we will see what is bellow heheheh
ok i will remove mine as soon as i have the time. i know that ramp is a pain to take off, but i will do it

#44 12 years ago

Yeah back by the magnets is a bitch to deal with. Kinda hard to slip the ramp over them. Feels like you're gunna break it. Be careful!

#45 12 years ago

hmmm..... so i will have to be extra carefull because the holes of the screws of my plate will make it weaker. if i do, it will have to be 200 dollars for a new one hahahahaha
way too much money, since i already want to buy a new right ramp for congo.

#46 12 years ago

no the problem is the ramp has a lip at the back that goes inside the back wood piece, and you kind of have to pull it out and lift up at the same time...BUT the optos for the ramp are in the way. It's just a tight fit.

EDIT: you can also loosen the bolts that hold the wood back piece to the playfield...that will give it a little wiggle room.

#47 12 years ago

seems i have a big challenge ahead.
i am kinda newbie but i will make it for sure!
in my congo, i pulled out most of the pf parts to clean it up. and i came out ok heheheheh

#48 12 years ago

Shouldn't be too tough. There's a bunch of stuff to take off but luckily most of it like the habitrails and metal ramp come off real simple.

Rascal here's the positioner for the ball launch.

P1040906.JPGP1040906.JPG

#49 12 years ago

Perfect, thanks! Had a feeling thaGotta pull off the wireform and plastics and play around with that angle a bit.

#50 12 years ago

hard job, but i did it lol
looks like my ramp is a little melted. but not enough to have this ugly metal plate.
i will try to take it out. dont know how to take these strange screws out, but seems i will have to saw them..
i tested all the magnets by hand, and it looks like all of them have a lot of strenght.
i will take the plate and we will see

DSC_2689.JPGDSC_2689.JPG DSC_2690.JPGDSC_2690.JPG DSC_2691.JPGDSC_2691.JPG DSC_2692.JPGDSC_2692.JPG DSC_2693.JPGDSC_2693.JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Livonia, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 23.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-showing-off-my-congo-and-no-fear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.