Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Boot_in_AZZZ.JPG
    ibtl2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 11 years ago

I'm sorry PinBill, your behavior on the site -again- is not acceptable. I've had several complaints about you in the past few weeks (while I was on vacation) - there's no place for trolls on the site and I'm frankly sick of people behaving as such.

Back on topic now...

Quoted from paul_8788:

My goal is to, at some point, gain enough knowledge myself so I can contribute intelligently when someone asks a question and give back a little, but until then, thanks!

Happy to read this! Don't be afraid to contribute here - most of us are really nice guys. Looking forward to your future posts!

#46 11 years ago

It's amazing how a handful of people can de-rail each and every well-intended thread (as this one started) and frankly, I'm getting tired of it.

People have to understand that there are boundaries here on the Pinside. You can't just come on here and post anything you like. I don't care what kind of standards you have set for yourself at home and what YOU find acceptable. Here on the Pinside I expect a bit of class, maturity and respectful behavior towards each other. If you don't like that, then kindly leave and go someplace else where you can say and do as you please.

I think what some folks forget is that behind the 100 or so very prominent Pinsiders posting here on a daily basis (the in-crowds so to speak), there are thousands of other visitors to this site every day. We've worked hard to make this place enjoyable for as many people as possible and the first and foremost goal of being an informative pinball site. That doesn't work when every thread is wrecked by rudeness, disrespect or profanity because that handfull of people think that's perfectly acceptable or even funny or whatever. Again, take it elsewhere!

All the other 99.9% of you: thanks for reading this!

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Robin, I absolutely meant no disrespect to you if my statements imply that.

Hey no worries T_G, I was not reacting to your post. You are the classiest monkey on the block, right

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

What I am really saying is that it is frustrating to clean house and then have the vermin return.

I wouldn't call anyone "vermin". Some people just don't seem to "fit" here I guess. I don't know, I really dislike blocking accounts, but with the huge growth something needs to be done to keep this place enjoyable for "all of us".

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I love it here and I am glad you have the back bone to keep it toned to the environment you envisioned.

Thanks! Hitting the "retire user" button takes minimum effort on my part. I just hate doing it.

#60 11 years ago

Yeah, uhm.. that is kind of lame Bill.

Quoted from Atomicboy:

People confuse RGP and the asses that abuse it. RGP is a great place, and the oldest pinball forum with unlimited amounts of information. It is tarnished because it cannot be regulated, and in the end, the asses that can’t refrain from being banned everywhere else, eventually just post in RGP, and more or less add nothing, and just crap all over useful threads, for no apparent reason.

I used to love reading RGP way back before the name Pinside was even thought up. There's tons and tons of valuable info on there and it's fun reading back to the posts about the then new BLY/WMS releases. In a similar fashion to people now discussing new Stern releases. I have a lot of respect for the platform from back in the days when I started in this hobby and learned how to use a newsreader (Free Agent I think mine was called). Come to think of it, that was about the same time I discovered the binaries, mp3 etc. Great times!

Anyway, I don't think anyone is forcing people to pick between the two. They're both free resources so why would you have to pick? (or as Elvira puts it: "Why not both!")

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-saying-thanks?tu=robin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.