Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Boot_in_AZZZ.JPG
    ibtl2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballdad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 11 years ago

I'll add a positive thanks too! Although I usually do not ask questions, I have come here multiple times and searched. It seems most of the time I get a "Hit" with the exact answer to my question and need not look any further on the web for info! One stop shop at Pinside!

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Pinbills retirement
    Here is your buddy speaking about his current "retirement" on RGP.
    "Thank You. But they got me ... I guess i'm a retired pinsider for now.The problem with Frank joining is he'll be banned before he can eventry to defend himself. they don't like sarcasm.I'm going to have to join under a different name when i go to sellsome games. those guys love to overpay. They compare prices to retailoutlet prices."
    ....My suggestion is to stop banning people if you have no ability to block them from rejoining. What is the point? This person, and a few others, is the reason that having a "block user" sounds attractive at times.
    Maybe it doesn't matter at all but I get tired of hearing about how we "overpay" for pins at this site. The funny thing about that is my guess is that a high percentage of the people that post here are RGP members, also. Thus, the same people who buy and sell here are RGP buyers and sellers, too.
    Regardless, the main point here is not about our reputation rather there is little to no point in "banishing" people if they can just come right back.
    Sorry about the thread jack.

How can they claim we are over paying unless somehow they came in our house and evaluated the pins first hand? I mean jeesh, I know what you are saying and you are being real cool for putting this out here for us to talk about. I never knew folks thinking that people here over pay...almost sounds like they are laughing at us? How though. Each person knows if they should pay the price or not! Sometimes buyers pay more if they are excited!!!! Sometimes more because of condition...or maybe because of scarcity...who knows. It reminds me of camping up in the rural Tobermory area of Ontario with my family many times. If I told people that I would pay $2.00-3.00 a day for each member of a family of 5 to shower (3 outta 5 were girls, they take longer and cost $3 usually), folks would call me crazy. Yet that is exactly what I did because the Bruce Provincial park has no showers, you have to leave the park and go to the local store and use their public shower.

Anyway...lol I went off track...I do that well If they are calling us over payers and maybe laughing then heck with them all and they are just rude!

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Just curious as your post makes no sense to me. Maybe you missed typed or something, but if you never been to RGP how would you know it has an ugly layout? Just saying......

It is possible he has a bud/friend that has visited rgp. Then this bud/friend explained the appearance and layout to him. Maybe even took a screen cap of it and printed for review. It was at that moment the poster decided that kind of forum layout was not appealing

I want to stay neutral here though...pretend I did not post this message lol...

#79 11 years ago

Conjunction, junction...what's your function?

#107 11 years ago
    Quoted from blownfuse:

RGP is like a group of people hangin' out in a bar watching TV, drinking beer, swearing and talking loud about favorite make out spots. There's a creepy guy in the corner is always trying to get in on the conversation thinking he's important or pickin' fights.
    Pinside is more like going to a sleep over at someones house and the front door is always open, everyone's wearing P.J.'s with with feet (bunny ears are optional), sitting in a dark room with milk and cookies telling not so scary ghost stories. Mom and Dad are in the other room listening and the creepy guy isn't invited over.
    Either one you pick, you adapt to fit the place you visit and somedays you'll like one more than the other.

Awsome post/analogy

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballdad.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-saying-thanks?tu=pinballdad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.