Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Boot_in_AZZZ.JPG
    ibtl2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I just want to send out a blanket "thank you" to everyone who posts and helps out in this forum. I know I have benefited greatly by just searching and reading over posts by other folks and am continually amazed by people's willingness to help others out, on questions from the easy to the crazy. The patience from the more experienced/skilled collectors on answering what to them seems like obvious stuff is much appreciated. I have been reading posts on other pinball resources that clearly show the helpful attitude is not universal, I hope it stays this way on Pinside for a long time.

My goal is to, at some point, gain enough knowledge myself so I can contribute intelligently when someone asks a question and give back a little, but until then, thanks!

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Pinbills retirement

Here is your buddy speaking about his current "retirement" on RGP.

"Thank You. But they got me ... I guess i'm a retired pinsider for now.
    The problem with Frank joining is he'll be banned before he can even
    try to defend himself. they don't like sarcasm.
    I'm going to have to join under a different name when i go to sell
    some games. those guys love to overpay. They compare prices to retail
    outlet prices."

It was actually a post on RGP that prompted me to start this thread in the first place, where one member on there was laughing at the "no nothing noobs" asking dumb questions pretending they were "real collectors". It is unfortunate that RGP has devolved to a troll haven where all they really seem to talk about now is how naive Pinside users are, and how if they were "real" collectors they would be on RGP. I used to read both RGP and Pinside, but after reading some of the pure hate that some posters seem to enjoy spewing, I decided to stick to here only. I have no patience in real life for dealing with close minded negative personalities, I definitely don't want to deal with it as part of a hobby.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from dbeeson:

OT: I'm heading out to Calgary in a couple of weeks to play the folk fest there. Any good places to play?

Unfortunately, not that I am aware of. About the only place I have seen pins in the wild in Calgary is in a couple of mini-arcades at the airport, and one or two in the larger movie theatres. Probably not worth the time walking through the airport looking though, last time I was there there were only a few pins, and they weren't in that great of shape.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-saying-thanks?tu=paul_8788 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.