7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by swampfire
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Boot_in_AZZZ.JPG
    ibtl2.jpg

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 7 years ago

I just want to send out a blanket "thank you" to everyone who posts and helps out in this forum. I know I have benefited greatly by just searching and reading over posts by other folks and am continually amazed by people's willingness to help others out, on questions from the easy to the crazy. The patience from the more experienced/skilled collectors on answering what to them seems like obvious stuff is much appreciated. I have been reading posts on other pinball resources that clearly show the helpful attitude is not universal, I hope it stays this way on Pinside for a long time.

My goal is to, at some point, gain enough knowledge myself so I can contribute intelligently when someone asks a question and give back a little, but until then, thanks!

#2 7 years ago

I agree completely paul. Everyone on this forum has been so nice and helpful with all of my questions and not making me feel like a total moron.

Here's hoping that one day I can "pay it forward"

#3 7 years ago

Also chiming in with a "Thanks".
    Fixed an issue with the optos on my Roadshow last night. Had a clue about how to do that from reading various threads here previously.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #5 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinBill:

Once again, Circle jerk time on pinside!

Dude you are such a dick all the time, but this post made me spit water all over the screen it was so funny.

#6 7 years ago

Pinbill, take it to another website!

#7 7 years ago

Agree with first sentence

#8 7 years ago

Pinmike FTW

#9 7 years ago

I'll add my thanks too.

Still in the knowledge acquiring stage, but I was able to help a couple of people with little things I figured out along the way.

Great community we have here.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinBill:

Go f_ck yourself punk. And Donate some money to pinside.

Post edited by SealClubber : language

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Go f_ck your self punk

"yourself" is one word. and that type of language isn't what pinside is about.

#12 7 years ago

Go f_ck your self punk. And Donate some money to pinside.

O.o

ibtl2.jpg

#13 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jgel:

Dude you are such a dick all the time, but this post made me spit water all over the screen it was so funny. []

thank you.

#14 7 years ago

thank you to all the elder pin heads who have offered assistance to myself and others.

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinBill:

This usually happens when the trolls show up, I see your pivot man has arrived.
    Maybe you should head on over to RGP, that place is a haven for trolls with nothing constructive to add, you would fit right in.

#16 7 years ago

I just had to:

#17 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinBill:

that type of language isn't what pinside is about.

Neither is your constant NEGATIVE NELLY crap we see from you everyday. It gets old fast.

#18 7 years ago

Back on topic here I hope, I also greatly appreciate all the helpful constructive posts from everyone, and the shared knowledge pool. Kudos to us all (even Pinbill, for keeping us on our toes)

#19 7 years ago

Exactly,, Sorry for above.... I've been getting a little grouchy lately over some of the threads happening.
    Kudos to you guys and gals. Coming up on two years in pinside and it really helped me out bigtime. I have cycled many pins to date. Many threads have helped me with this hobby. Great site!

#20 7 years ago

I'll add my 2 cents of thanks in here too. My first pin had a rough trip getting to me and needed a few adjustments. The seller was more than willing to help and send parts, but I wasn't totally lost on all the technical stuff I had to do on my end because of lurking around and asking questions here. I was so happy that I was able to actually help someone out one day with a simple question on the pin I have, and hope to one day be able to contribute more.

#21 7 years ago

I'll add a positive thanks too! Although I usually do not ask questions, I have come here multiple times and searched. It seems most of the time I get a "Hit" with the exact answer to my question and need not look any further on the web for info! One stop shop at Pinside!

#22 7 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

Sorry for above.... I've been getting a little grouchy lately over some of the threads happening.

It's ok. I forgive you.

#23 7 years ago

Count me in for the thank you train. The first one is such an intimidating proposition. I really enjoy reading the posts here, and I want to contribute, too.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinBill:

Wow.

You certainly are a little a$$hole, aren't you?

Can you confirm the above?

#25 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinBill:

It's ok. I forgive you.

Yeah, wasn't really apologizing to you.... sorry for not being clear.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

sorry for not being clear.

once again, i forgive you. i'm not one to hold a grudge.

#27 7 years ago

I'm sorry PinBill, your behavior on the site -again- is not acceptable. I've had several complaints about you in the past few weeks (while I was on vacation) - there's no place for trolls on the site and I'm frankly sick of people behaving as such.

Back on topic now...

Quoted from paul_8788:

My goal is to, at some point, gain enough knowledge myself so I can contribute intelligently when someone asks a question and give back a little, but until then, thanks!

Happy to read this! Don't be afraid to contribute here - most of us are really nice guys. Looking forward to your future posts!

#28 7 years ago

I'm sorry PinBill, your behavior on the site -again- is not acceptable. I've had several complaints about you in the past few weeks (while I was on vacation) - there's no place for trolls on the site and I'm frankly sick of people behaving as such.

See Ya ,, Wouldn't want to Be Ya !!! ( Who's Next ? )

Boot_in_AZZZ.JPG

#29 7 years ago

Not me, i am a good pinsider..

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leigh:

i am a good pinsider..

And an OLD one, going by your avatar..

#31 7 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

TBL?

#32 7 years ago

I Have Got to watch that movie !!! It's Notorious for clip's Here ...

#33 7 years ago

Welcome! Hope you stick around and enjoy the Pinside. Put up a cool avatar pic for us to remember you by

#34 7 years ago
    Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

lol PinBill "Retired Pinsider" He did deserve it.

#35 7 years ago

Oh snap! Welcome back Robin!

#36 7 years ago

Pinbills retirement

Here is your buddy speaking about his current "retirement" on RGP.

"Thank You. But they got me ... I guess i'm a retired pinsider for now.
    The problem with Frank joining is he'll be banned before he can even
    try to defend himself. they don't like sarcasm.
    I'm going to have to join under a different name when i go to sell
    some games. those guys love to overpay. They compare prices to retail
    outlet prices."

My suggestion is to stop banning people if you have no ability to block them from rejoining. What is the point? This person, and a few others, is the reason that having a "block user" sounds attractive at times.

Maybe it doesn't matter at all but I get tired of hearing about how we "overpay" for pins at this site. The funny thing about that is my guess is that a high percentage of the people that post here are RGP members, also. Thus, the same people who buy and sell here are RGP buyers and sellers, too.

Regardless, the main point here is not about our reputation rather there is little to no point in "banishing" people if they can just come right back.

Sorry about the thread jack.

#38 7 years ago

If he rejoins under another alias, you'll be able to tell.

This site is moderated, but very little. You can basically say what you want.. you just can't be obscene and offensive, etc. The people here seem more mature than over on RGP.

This is why I like it.

#39 7 years ago

am I the only one who enjoyed some of pinbills posts?

#40 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

He did say some funny things.. but he also was offensive. Using the words C&NT and terms like circle jerk are just low class. Plain and simple.

You can be funny and sarcastic without being a scum bag.

#41 7 years ago

Forum moderators can do very little to stop people from coming back under a different email. You can sometimes ban the IP, that can work unless they are on a variable IP or one that is shared by many innocent others. Just chiming in because I was a community manager for MMO forums for several years, and I feel robin's pain very well.

The best thing we as a community can do is not respond to a troll, and that takes super-human willpower. But that's what trolls are looking for. I agree that an ignore user feature would be ideal (paired with people not quoting/responding to trolls and spreading their troll seed all over the place).

#42 7 years ago
    Quoted from ssbodyman:

No, I enjoyed some of them. The problem for me is he is so consistently harsh that even when he is trying to be funny it gets interpreted as being an ahole.

#43 7 years ago

Trolls never have been and likely never will be welcome here. If you like the drama it brings then there are plenty of other sites that will satisfy that itch.

#44 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Trolls never have been and likely never will be welcome here.

I agree. In answering bodymans post, I am simply saying PB was funny sometimes. Most of the time he was, sadly, just annoying. And, oh yeah, hi Pinbill, since I know you'll be reading this.

#45 7 years ago

I guess being a douche really didnt bother me as much as it does some others. This is still a great place regardless of who they let in.

#46 7 years ago

It's amazing how a handful of people can de-rail each and every well-intended thread (as this one started) and frankly, I'm getting tired of it.

People have to understand that there are boundaries here on the Pinside. You can't just come on here and post anything you like. I don't care what kind of standards you have set for yourself at home and what YOU find acceptable. Here on the Pinside I expect a bit of class, maturity and respectful behavior towards each other. If you don't like that, then kindly leave and go someplace else where you can say and do as you please.

I think what some folks forget is that behind the 100 or so very prominent Pinsiders posting here on a daily basis (the in-crowds so to speak), there are thousands of other visitors to this site every day. We've worked hard to make this place enjoyable for as many people as possible and the first and foremost goal of being an informative pinball site. That doesn't work when every thread is wrecked by rudeness, disrespect or profanity because that handfull of people think that's perfectly acceptable or even funny or whatever. Again, take it elsewhere!

All the other 99.9% of you: thanks for reading this!

#47 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Pinbills retirement
    "Thank You. But they got me ... I guess i'm a retired pinsider for now.The problem with Frank joining is he'll be banned before he can eventry to defend himself. they don't like sarcasm.I'm going to have to join under a different name when i go to sellsome games. those guys love to overpay. They compare prices to retailoutlet prices."
    ....My suggestion is to stop banning people if you have no ability to block them from rejoining. What is the point? This person, and a few others, is the reason that having a "block user" sounds attractive at times.
    Maybe it doesn't matter at all but I get tired of hearing about how we "overpay" for pins at this site. The funny thing about that is my guess is that a high percentage of the people that post here are RGP members, also. Thus, the same people who buy and sell here are RGP buyers and sellers, too.
    Regardless, the main point here is not about our reputation rather there is little to no point in "banishing" people if they can just come right back.
    Sorry about the thread jack.

How can they claim we are over paying unless somehow they came in our house and evaluated the pins first hand? I mean jeesh, I know what you are saying and you are being real cool for putting this out here for us to talk about. I never knew folks thinking that people here over pay...almost sounds like they are laughing at us? How though. Each person knows if they should pay the price or not! Sometimes buyers pay more if they are excited!!!! Sometimes more because of condition...or maybe because of scarcity...who knows. It reminds me of camping up in the rural Tobermory area of Ontario with my family many times. If I told people that I would pay $2.00-3.00 a day for each member of a family of 5 to shower (3 outta 5 were girls, they take longer and cost $3 usually), folks would call me crazy. Yet that is exactly what I did because the Bruce Provincial park has no showers, you have to leave the park and go to the local store and use their public shower.

Anyway...lol I went off track...I do that well If they are calling us over payers and maybe laughing then heck with them all and they are just rude!

#48 7 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Here on the Pinside I expect a bit of class, maturity and respectful behavior towards each other.

Robin, I absolutely meant no disrespect to you if my statements imply that. What I am really saying is that it is frustrating to clean house and then have the vermin return. I WISH there was a way to keep the door closed. I am certainly not blaming you, though.

I love it here and I am glad you have the back bone to keep it toned to the environment you envisioned.

Keep up the great work!

#49 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Robin, I absolutely meant no disrespect to you if my statements imply that.

Hey no worries T_G, I was not reacting to your post. You are the classiest monkey on the block, right

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

What I am really saying is that it is frustrating to clean house and then have the vermin return.

I wouldn't call anyone "vermin". Some people just don't seem to "fit" here I guess. I don't know, I really dislike blocking accounts, but with the huge growth something needs to be done to keep this place enjoyable for "all of us".

Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I love it here and I am glad you have the back bone to keep it toned to the environment you envisioned.

Thanks! Hitting the "retire user" button takes minimum effort on my part. I just hate doing it.

#50 7 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Pinbills retirement

"Thank You. But they got me ... I guess i'm a retired pinsider for now.
    The problem with Frank joining is he'll be banned before he can even
    try to defend himself. they don't like sarcasm.
    I'm going to have to join under a different name when i go to sell
    some games. those guys love to overpay. They compare prices to retail
    outlet prices."

It was actually a post on RGP that prompted me to start this thread in the first place, where one member on there was laughing at the "no nothing noobs" asking dumb questions pretending they were "real collectors". It is unfortunate that RGP has devolved to a troll haven where all they really seem to talk about now is how naive Pinside users are, and how if they were "real" collectors they would be on RGP. I used to read both RGP and Pinside, but after reading some of the pure hate that some posters seem to enjoy spewing, I decided to stick to here only. I have no patience in real life for dealing with close minded negative personalities, I definitely don't want to deal with it as part of a hobby.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 157.00
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Pinball Z
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside