Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 132 posts
  • 70 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by snowy_owl
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What did you think of Solo?”

• Loved it! 49 votes
      30%
    • Liked it 49 votes
      30%
    • It was ok 43 votes
      26%
    • Hated it! 25 votes
      15%

(166 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSEpKUlV4AAdAeq (resized).jpg
    solo04 (resized).jpg
    solo (resized).JPG
    A Solo Star Wars story (resized).jpg
    8F64B0C4-B210-4223-A3D1-DB61FDC46772 (resized).jpeg
    ted star wars solo F (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 5 years ago

I saw it last night. I was pleasantly surprised. Had a lot of humor and personality.

#41 5 years ago

Too much hate for the Last Jedi, IMO. I thought it was fine. Not amazing but a good middle movie. Hated the whole canto bite horse racing scene. Besides that, I think it’s was good.

Back on topic, I really liked solo. Lando was amazing. Did anyone else think sometimes his voice was too spot on for Billy Dee Williams? Like maybe they auto tuned or used his voice somehow? I’d like some Lando spinoffs.

#60 5 years ago

I’m not sure why everyone thinks likes character got betrayed in tjl. This kinda sums it up for me:

https://goo.gl/images/3caopa

#62 5 years ago

Loved ^^^

#92 5 years ago

I know it’s an unpopular view, but I’m fairly convinced Star Wars hasn’t changed that much, the viewers have. My kids have grown up with all of the movies. They are teenagers now and can be pretty harsh. They liked Solo. For what it’s worth.

1 week later
    #106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Brijam:

Thanks, I know the definition of a cannibal. I'm pretty sure everyone understood perfectly what I meant.

But if we're going to descend to pedantry, it isn't correct to put quotes around "Wookies" either.
    I don't need to watch it again. I've seen original movie a stupid number of times. So you think Solo was trying to be helpful to C3PO, warning him that Wookies were so dangerous and unpredictable they'd tear people's arms out of their sockets over losing a game? Care to explain why you think so?
    Because Solo never liked C3PO, not from the first moment they met. He was taking the piss out of C3PO, trying to shut him up and keep him from needling his buddy Chewie.
    Chewie was a chicken shit. That was a big part of his charm. Solo goes "c'mere ya big coward" when Chewie runs away from the trash compactor monster! Chewie doesn't shoot a SINGLE PERSON in the original Star Wars. Chewie runs away, over and over. He shoots out cameras, not people. Because he's a chicken shit. Go back and watch it.
    Partly that's because Wookies, according to official canon, are an enslaved race. They've become enslaved because as a people they /don't/ rip people's arms out of their sockets, or they wouldn't be very good slaves, would they? If the Wookies were badasses like, say, the human Maori or Thai, they'd never allow themselves to be conquered.
    I don't expect ordinary people to notice or care about these details. But I do expect the writers to. Unfortunately the writers literally lost the plot, and the result is in the box office.

Sure, I can easily close my eyes and play make believe about how Solo and Chewie may have changed over the years. But my hope was that I wouldn't have to do that, and that's what I'm so disappointed about. At least we're not going to get a sequel (thank god) because the film is tanking at the box office. It's the worst performing Star Wars ever, and the worst Star Wars ever, which is saying a lot.

My take was always that Chewie was a badass that had a fear of little creatures. Like an super powerful elephant that can be scared of mice. He was obviously no coward considering the many brave things he did. But clearly he was scared of the dianoga and I think the mynocks. But his Achilles heal definitely made him more charming.

Just my two cents.

1 week later
    #113 5 years ago

Too bad. Just saw it again and liked it more the second time. Really want a sequel.

#124 5 years ago

I like them all. Honestly. Some more than others, but it all adds to the universe and it makes me happy. But to each their own.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/just-saw-solo-what-did-you-think?tu=paynemic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.